Should the mod help players who misunderstand rules/roles?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I don't think the issue is that it prevents scum from claiming to have misread their role. The issue is that if someone claims they misread their role and the mod corrected it, they look genuine. Even if they're not totally trusted, they're better off for being dumb and not paying attention. That isn't right.

I think that, ultimately, it isn't your
responsibility
as a mod to babysit players and keep them from doing stupid avoidsble shit, but at the same time, I understand the sentiment-- it can kind of needlessly ruin the game that you put so much effort into.

I think the best solution is to have stricter confirming rules. If you had made slimer not just say "confirm" but actually spell out "confirm town charge tracker who can target a person and see who they've charged" then that wouldn't have happened. Ditto with any weird rules the game has.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”