Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No problem Law, i'll be honest, this is the first time in a lylo situation i've really been unsure and at a loss of who to vote for.

Whatever the outcome, this game was great fun.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Kison »

Yes, it was great fun. I spent the first few days trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I think I even had a nightmare or three. It's been a great roller coaster ride. Fortunately I'm not scum, though I know that means nothing just yet.

Good game.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Rogueben »

Hmm well I'm going to be interested to see what the result here is. I would have thought Kison would have been more happy about that if he was scum. I don't blame you for voting me at all Lawrence. It's what I would have done in your case.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 35, Final Day 4 Vote Count

Vulpix looks angry... The TV reads:
Rogueben[3] (Kison, Lawrencelot)
Kison[2] (Rogueben, Xtoxm)

3 to lynch
Rogueben has received the number of votes required to lynch a player. You may continue to discuss today's events for a bit of time...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Dam you!
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Rogueben »

This is Guardian being a bastard me thinks.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yah. Enough discussion of the days events.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Guardian »

No Heart for the Hero and Night 4

Vulpix uses Ember... on Rogueben's heart. It burns from the core, and crumbles in a heap of ash. None of you can see this... you just hear Rogueben's screams of agony, as his heart becomes the fourth that couldn't make it through the game. He collapses like a rag doll.

Rogueben, Link, Savior of Hyrule, vigilante, didn't make sense... and is dead.

Everything fades to black...

Night 4 has fallen. Night choices are due 72 hours from now. Day 5 will start between 24 and 72 hours from now.

~~~

Aw crap, folks, sorry, we should have killed Kison. Well I'm only human, what can I say.

Xtomx will be protected by Angels once again.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Guardian »

Memories and Day 5

You wake up... the mountains have disappeared... you are back to the cliff, and campsite, where this all started. Few of those noble souls who started this journey remain with you. Who will remain after today...?

You saw Xtoxm get killed at night... You couldn't see the surroundings, but the fire that extinguished his life made what happened to him perfectly clear. He was balefired back to the 20th century; he burned to a crisp, and then just disappeared; not one ash of him remains.

Xtoxm, Napoleon's Dynamite, Doctor and One Shot Vig, was balefired back to the 20th century night 4. Xtoxm didn't make sense.

You look around... and somehow you know, the game is not yet over...

I stand somberly a few paces away from you, observing your every move. My axe is brandished, and you can tell from my stare that you dare not move an inch.

The TV is there, and is functional! The cage is gone.

There is a light mist about the place.

There is no wind.

The meter still has twelve vertical holes... and there are no pegs in the meter!

You see that I've left you a note:
Friday, May 23, 8 PM EST is your deadline

2 will lynch today.
Do not lynch me.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Kison »

Vote : Lawrencelot
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Kison »

Just for the record I am officially confused.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 36

The TV Reads:
Lawrencelot[1] (Kison)

2 to lynch
~~~

Hint: You have to vote yourself to end the game as a formality, because it just doesn't make any sense. Does that make sense?
Do not lynch me.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Vote: Kison
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 37: The Final Vote Count of the Game

Time stops!

The TV Reads:
Kison[2] (Lawrencelot)
Lawrencelot[1] (Kison)

2 to lynch
---

Tune in in 5 hours +/- 1 hour, for the
stunning
conclusion.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

The Stunning Conclusion

Kison and Lawrencelot vote each other... They stand in silence, waiting for something to happen... and then something does.

I rush towards Kison and with one swing of my axe, shave his head clean off. Blood splatters everywhere... Kison is dead.

Kison was just what he said he was, the Triforce of Power. The Triforce of Power being scum doesn't make sense. Lawrencelot chuckles a bit with glee. The Scientifically, Historically, and Politically Astute Unesurrectable Gossip Monger made it through to the end -- the last one standing! Or was he...

Suddenly, he is able to see someone who was there all along... Someone who has been lurking in the shadows, subtly influencing the game... DrippingGoofBall, Harry Potter, suddenly appears, with a grim smile on his face.

A Scientifically, Historically, and Politically Astute Unesurrectable Gossip Monger being scum makes sense... so then... it couldn't be scum? Or could it? Whatever doesn't make sense does.... but... oh, how does it all work!?

And Harry Potter... Harry being here all the time as scum doesn't make sense.... but then that would mean Harry was an existentialist? How did Harry work?

And the poor Triforce of Power... as an existentialist... that's so natural. Does it being that obvious make any sense!?

Ah, this is so complicated...

Let's see. If SHaPAUGM is scum, that wouldn't make sense, but it wouldn't make sense as town, either. Wait, does that make sense? No! So Lawrence must be town...

Now Harry... if Harry is scum... that would violate rule 9.75! That makes sense! Right?

But... The Triforce of Power... being scum... would that make any sense? Yes, yes it would!

Kison, Triforce of Power, Post Restriction Giver, is lynched day 5!

The doesn't make sense town wins -- congratulations!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Roles

Doesn't Make Sense Town:
PM to Xtoxm wrote:You are Napoleon's Dynamite. You played a critical role in protecting French troops -- and in killing enemies! But dynamite as a doctor? That doesn't make sense.

You are mostly a protector. Each night, you may send me the name of one player. That player will be protected from one night kill. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

You also have a rather vindictive one-shot ability -- you can at one time during the game (at night) target a player letting me know you wish to not protect, but rather kill, that player. This ability and your protection ability cannot be used concurrently.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town: you win when there exists no threats to the Things That Don't Make Sense town, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
PM to Paradoxombie wrote:
You are Neville Longbottom.

You are an established herbalist. Neville is a complete klutz, he made it to become an established herbalist? That doesn't make sense. Each night, you may send me the name of another player. If that player would be killed by one night kill, that player will instead be not killed. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

Of additional note: you are a scaredy-cat, and weak/susceptible to villainous groups. Therefore, if you target an anti-town faction member at night, not only will your protection fail, but you will die -- and that death is not preventable.

You are in tune with nature and also know one thing about the setup: Only pro-town players can work the winds.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town: you win when all SKs, mafia, werewolves, and cultists are destroyed, or when any special occurrence causes you to win the game.
PM to NabakovNabakov wrote: You are Beethoven's Otosclerosis.

You cannot hear; and you prevent others from hearing that which is not pleasurable. Yet you can talk with other players during the day. That doesn't make sense.

Each night, you must send me the name of a player in the game, other than yourself. If that player would receive any amount of post restrictions that night, that player instead receives none. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town; when only players of your alignment or neutral roles remain, you win the game, or when any other member of your alignment is victorious, you win the game.
PM to Lawrencelot wrote:
You are A Scientifically, Historically, and Politically Astute Unesurrectable Gossip Monger

That doesn't make sense.

You are a masoneer. Once during the game, you may PM me with the name of the other player. I will PM them that you are a pro-town player, and PM you and them letting you both know that from that point on in the game, you two will be allowed to PM each other at any time, day or night.

Beware, you can befriend a town OR anti-town player -- they will know that you are pro-town, but you know nothing about their alignment.

You also have a governor ability -- you may pardon a lynch once in the game, not including your own.

You also may target one player each night and I will let you know if their role was relevant to historical disfigurements. This does NOT make you a cop.

You also may send me the name of a world capital of a nation each night. You remember this being important... for some reasons. Why, you can't be sure.

You also know one thing about the setup: there are no pro-town roles that can add a peg to the meter.

You win with the Things That Don't Make Sense town: When nobody with a win condition mutually exclusive with the survival of Things That Don't Make Sense townies has a possibility of winning, you win.
MOD NOTES: City determines the direction and strength the wind is blowing.

Napoleon's Dynamite, Beethoven's Otosclerosis, Nash's Schizophrenia, and The Spanish Inquisition count as historical disfigurements.

http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/twLVaAsnUzS , masoned with shaft.ed day 1.
PM to DrippingGoofBall wrote:
You are The Boy Who Lived.

You're possibly more commonly known as Harry Potter.

You live, but you can't talk? That doesn't make sense.

You are a modkill-reviver. This is a very special role.

Once you are modkilled -- and you will be -- you will revive. This revival will not be announced in thread, and from that point on, you will not be able to post in thread, ever.

If you do post in the thread, you will be modkilled. This may/may not end the day, at my discretion (If you are trying to stop your own lynch, I'll end the day. If you just slip up, it won't).

However, you will be able to communicate to players: Each day, you may PM me "flavor" for one vote count, and I'll add it to the next vote count I do. The second day, you'll be allowed to do 2 vote counts. Third day 3. etc. Also, you will be allowed to write the lynch scene "flavor" each day.

The one restriction you have is that you may not hint or communicate to the players that you are still alive and playing. If they figure this out and ask about it, you may confirm it, but you may not communicate it directly. So, you may communicate as if I the mod believe such and such, you may pretend to be a flavorful NPC, you may keep your existence hidden and just write some pretty flavor. But you may not make it implicitly or explicitly known that you are still playing.

All your communication will go through me, so your adherence to this rule will be evaluated by me on a case by case basis, at my sole discretion. If I believe you are trying to communicate your existence, I'll simply PM you asking you to revise your submission. If you become a repeat offender, I may just PM you notifying that your submission has been rejected, at my discretion.

You vote via PM with me. Your votes will be reflected in the vote count totals, but your name will not appear; the vote count will appear to be incorrect. If players ask me about this, I will only respond that the vote count is in fact correct.

You may be voted for. If a player votes for you, your name will show up, with them voting for you. You may be lynched, nightkilled, and targeted at night. However, I will never, of my own volition, confirm to players that you are playing, unless you die.

In addition to the significant game mechanics outlined above, you have one additional ability: at two time in the game, during the day, you may PM me the name of a player other than yourself. That player will become a double voter for the remained of the day; his/her votes will count for two votes. This will not be announced by me of my own volition. However, from then on, it will be announced that the number of votes needed to lynch increases, if you changed the number of available votes from even to odd. You may not use both in one day.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope you find this role as enjoyable as I envisioned you might.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: When the threats of all the mafia, werewolves, SKs, and cultists are neutralized, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
MOD NOTE: Suicides if all other townies are dead. Harry always was a team player.
PM to hasdgfas wrote:
You are The Spanish Inquisition

Goodness knows you caused enough historical disfigurements. You are mostly past those days, however, and now you just investigate. A pro-town Spanish Inquisition? That doesn't make sense.

You are a role name cop: each night, you may target a player, and that player's role name will be revealed to you.

You are also a reviver -- through Spanish advances in science, you've developed a prototype that can bring people back to life. At one time during the game, at night, you may PM me the name of a dead player that you believed was killed by an anti-town faction. If you are correct, that player will be brought back to life. You cannot use this and investigate on the same night.

You know one thing about the setup: There are no other pro-town cops.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: You win when all cults and people who might have killed someone you could resurrect are eliminated, or when any other player of your alignment achieves their win condition.
MOD NOTE: Harry Potter comes as "The Boy Who Lived". SHaPAUGM comes as "Ben Franklin".
PM to shaft.ed wrote: You are the Triforce of Courage. Each night, you may target a player, and they will become imbued with courage. This is a mystery role; you don't quite know what it does.

You are an inanimate object, and can talk. That doesn't make sense.

You also have a bit of information about the setup: The town is in dire straits, and needs a hero. So, if the Triforce of Power, the Triforce of Courage, and the Triforce of Wisdom all target Link, Savior of Hyrule, the town will win automatically.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: You win when all factions in competition with you are eliminated, or when any special condition causes your town to win.
MOD NOTE: Does NOTHING.
PM to xyzzy wrote: You are the Triforce of Wisdom. You may target a player each night, and they will be shrouded in wisdom. This is a mystery role; you don't quite know what it does.

You also have a bit of information about the setup: The town is in dire straits, and needs a hero. So, if the Triforce of Power targets the Triforce of Courage, and the Triforce of Courage targets the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Wisdom targets the Triforce of Power, and Link, Savior of Hyrule, targets any of the aspects of the triforce, the town wins automatically.

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: You win when only Things That Don't Make Sense town members or neutral players remain alive, or when an alternative condition causes your town to win.
MOD NOTE: doctor, with appropriate drawback for the setup.
PM to Rogueben wrote: You are Link, Savior of Hyrule.

The town needs a hero, and you're it. You are a bit... evil, however. Link, evil? That doesn't make sense. Each night, you must send me the name of a player. You will attempt to slay that player with your sword and bow. If you do not send me the name of a player, one will be chosen at random for you. You just want people to die! However:

You win with Things That Don't Make Sense town: you win when all threats to your town are eliminated, or when any other Things That Don't Make Sense town member wins.
MOD NOTE: Does NOTHING.

Existentialist Mafia:
PM to vollkan wrote:You are Nash's Schizophrenia

Your Existentialist mafia partners are cicero & Adel. Nash's disease was powerful and self-defining, the epitome of Existentialism.

You may talk pre-game and at night with your partners here:
http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/KNPG4K4gZYft

[Possible town flavor: A disease that makes people go crazy does X? That doesn't make sense.]

Each night, you may target a player. That player gets a Post Restriction for the remainder of the game. The post restrictions will likely be in the nature of things flavorful. (e.g. All your posts mustt.... contain "stuttt..ttering" from... now... now... now.. now on. OR You must noticably talk like a pirate in all your posts.).

Penalty for breaking the restriction the first two times will be a warning; any subsequent breaking will result in mod kill.
PM to cicero/Kison wrote:
Mafia -- Triforce of Power

Your Existentialist mafia partners are vollkan & Adel. Self empowerment is the backbone of Nietzsche's Existentialism. You embody that.

You are the Triforce of Power. Triforce of Power is a somewhat powerful safe claim in this game. This would be the role PM of a town-aligned Triforce of Power:

""You are the Triforce of Power. Each night, you may target a player, and your power will reign upon them. This is a mystery role; you don't quite know what it does.

You also have a bit of information about the setup: The town is in dire straits, and needs a hero. So, if the Triforce of Power targets the Triforce of Wisdom, and the Triforce of Wisdom targets the Triforce of Courage, and the Triforce of Courage targets the Triforce of Power, and Link, Savior of Hyrule, targets any of the aspects of the triforce, the town wins automatically.

You win with town: You win when all mafia, werewolves, SKs, and cults are eliminated, or when any special condition causes the town to win.""

Your experiences with Gannondorf have taught you that his is the way of true power, however. So, you must kill all the townies! As I said, the above claim is powerful, and immune to role-name detectors.

Your ability however, is probably something you don't want to claim. Each night, the person you target will gain a harsh Post Restriction for one day. These post restrictions will be in the nature of limiting the amount they can post in same way (e.g. "today, you may post only posts with exactly 5 well-formed English sentences).

Penalty for breaking the restriction the first two times will be a warning; any subsequent breaking will result in mod kill.
PM to Adel wrote: You are Lord Voldermort.

Your Existentialist mafia partners are vollkan & cicero. Absolute control over one's self and one's surroundings, and a personal, rather than universal, moral code are what Existentialism is all about.

[Possible town flavor: Lord Voldermort? Pro-town? That doesn't make sense.]

You are a mafia doctor -- you've learned the ways of protection through your studies. Each night, you must send me the name of one player. That player will be protected from one night kill. If you fail to send me the name of a player, I will chose one at random. Beware, however: if you are targeted by a healing role at night, your protection will be of no use to the player you are trying to protect.

This ability is a somewhat powerful safe claim -- but beware, the town may expect you to have an additional ability. So you might want to claim that you are a doctor "with X", where X is some other ability, possibly intertwined with your doctor ability.
MOD NOTE: Any kill attempts on Harry Potter fail.
Additional Mafia Abilities wrote:
The mafia as a group has some additional information & skills.

You have a kill you can perform each night, as a group. A mafia member must send me the kill, and that member performs it. He or she MAY also use his or her ability. I will count the first kill submitted each night. If no kill is submitted, I will choose a random mafia member and a random non mafia member, and you don't want that.

The mafia member submitting the kill MAY also submit a modus operandi with the kill (e.g. "bludgeoned to death"). I highly recommend using this ability, because if you don't use it, I will assign a modus operandi to the kill identifiable to the role of the member making the kill (for example, if a scarecrow mafia member were making a kill, I might say "died of asphyxiation. straw was stuffed down his throat").

In addition, each night, right before dawn, each mafia member will be PM'd a list of all players who had a night target and who they targeted!

You know the townies have some information about the setup that may make claiming/lying about certain things dangerous.

You know that there are no [town aligned] trackers or watchers in the game. This may be something good for one of you to claim as part of your role; having this information may make you seem more confirmed, but it may help the town, too.

You know that only pro-town roles can remove a peg from the meter. This may be something good for one of you to claim as part of your role; having this information may make you seem more confirmed, but it may help the town, too.

You know that no mafia roles can work the TV. This may be something good for one of you to claim as part of your role; having this information may make you seem more confirmed, but it may help the town, too.

Inventing something like this to claim may be advantageous as well. Use your judgment.

Your win condition is as follows: You win when only Existentialist mafia members remain alive.

Good luck!
Mafia Thread: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/KNPG4K4gZYft
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Day and Night Actions

d1:

DGB gives double vote to shaft.ed
Lawrencelot masons with shaft.ed

n1:

xyzzy --> shaft.ed (protected?)
rogueben --> xombie (nothing)
xombie --> shaft.ed (protected?)
cow --> rolename_cop (Adel)
shaft.ed --> rogueben
nabnab --> protect_PR(vollkan)
Xtoxm --> kill(vollkan)
Lawrencelot --> investigate(vollkan)[yes]
Lawrencelot --> Antananarivo

Adel --> protect(cicero)
vollkan --> mildPR(shaft.ed)
cicero --> harshtempPR(shaft.ed)
Adel --> kill(nabnab)(choked on gillyweed)

d2:

DGB gives double vote to hasdgfas

n2:

Rogueben --> hasdgfas (nothing)
hasdgfas -- > rolename(Lawrencelot) [die]
Xtoxm --> protect(shaft.ed)
Paradoxombie --> protect(Adel)
shaft.ed --> hasdgfas (nothing)
Lawrencelot --> investigate(Adel) [not historical disfigurements]
Lawrencelot --> Købnhavn

Kison --> harshtempPR(Paradoxombie)
Adel --> protect(Kison)
Adel --> kill(hasdgfas)([none-->bright green flash])

n3:

xtoxm -> protect(Lawrencelot)
rogueben -> nothing(kison)
Lawrencelot -> hd?(Rogueben) [no]
Lawrencelot -> Ulaanbaatar

Kison -> kill(Lawrencelot)(blown up by dynamite) [protected]
Kison --> harshtempPR(Lawrencelot)

n4:

xtoxm -> protect(Lawrencelot)
Lawrencelot -> hd?(Kison) [no]
Lawrencelot -> Bagdad

Kison -> Kill(Xtoxm)(balefired back to the 20th century)[success]
Kison -> harshtempPR(Xtoxm)[dead]

Triforce Auto-Win Completions:

xyzzy --> shaft.ed
shaft.ed --> rogueben
cicero --> shaft.ed
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Mod Notes

This was a game of red herrings, my intent was to confuse you as much as possible, and see you work through the mystery :). The pegs were a complete red herring. The cage, too. The weather, surroundings, and pokemon were just flavor. There was only one town, and only one scum group.

The wind WAS role-controlled, but no one ever figured it out.

Rule 9.75 was VERY significant, and though it was mentioned, no one ever figured it out.

Many of the roles themselves were pretty red-herring esque, too. Lots of "naive/inept" roles, Lawrencelot's investigative role didn't do anything, really. Every role except DGB's had to have a night choice though, so when I showed the mafia who targeted who each night, they weren't tipped as to which roles were more important or whatnot.

Next game I run, I'll make sure to have a lot of the same mechanics but make them game-relevant. Or not. :)

--------------

This game was very swingy, as Stoofer and I forecast... but looking back, I'm darn proud of how balanced it was, considering the complexity of the roles. Stoofer said that with mafia being able to use abilities and kill, this was balanced towards the scum. With the scum just barely losing, with imo really great play by the town, and a mod/player mistake that cost scum the game, maybe Stoofer was right ^_^.

There were so many crucial gameplay decisions that ended up just chaning the course of the game.

DGB giving the double vote to shaft.ed led to Lawrencelot masoning him. If DGB randomly chose scum, I imagine this game would have gone very differently.

I almost mod-killed shaft.ed a lot earlier than I did -- I consulted with Yosarian2, and he convinced me to just give him two warnings. shaft.ed might want to share some interesting PMs we exchanged about this.

Adel choosing to protect cicero over vollkan seemed bad to me -- and it seemed bad to me *before* Xtoxm sent his kill in. It seemed that if there was a vigilante loose, vollkan would be the hit, not cicero.... I guess hindsight and modsight is 20/20 though.

hasdgfas NOT resurrecting NabakovNabakov night two was also interesting to me; he told me afterwards that he wasn't sure that was the right choice.

The scum didn't really use most of the 'info' fake claims I gave, and they were intended to really help out. In addition, Adel not using the M.O. night two to frame Paradoxombie even more surprised me.

DGB made me laugh, cry, and smile, with the use of her role all game. Everything below the "~~~" marks in this game was written by her. Her stories day one and day two were just AMAZINGly funny from my point of view, and she broke the game open with "Xtoxm will be protected by ANGELS." Kison, despite his bad position, played one hell of a game and almost won it; he just ended up trusting those words and trying to kill Lawrencelot Night 3, to his misfortune.

The one mishap I and Kison made -- Lawrencelot actually broke his PR three times day 4! Kison only noticed this after I posted Rogueben's death scene thought, and regrettably there was nothing I can do.

--------------

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, it was just really great to have all of you playing. This game was insanely fun for me to mod, and I hope you all enjoyed it, too.

Only needing one replacement in an almost 3 month game was just remarkable, thanks everyone for that. A lot of the roles were just so complex I'd have hated to pass them on to a replacement; thanks for sticking with it guys.

DGB, Lawrencelot, and shaft.ed stayed alive and did really well for the town. Xtoxm I think contributed well too; he's a bit hard to understand but his instincts were just spot on in this game -- killing vollkan night 1 was just crucial.

Kison did an excellent job replacing in. He almost pulled victory from the jaws of defeat.

Even though the scum lost, I really think both sides played one heck of a game, my hat is off to all of you. Almost every player played really well and contributed greatly to their side.

I think I'm just rambling at this point... great game guys, I loved it, and I hope you did as well!
Do not lynch me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

WOW!!!

Well done DG!! :D

Yay town!!! :D

This game was
BRILLIANT

Thanks for modding, gaurdian!

Please let me play if there's another!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

he's a bit hard to understand
Lol :P

I've come to like this trait of mine :D
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh oh...I've been wondering for ages...

What was it you were annoyed we didn't do in pre-game?

You made a comment about it.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What was Law's restriction D4?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Kison »

He couldn't use any words with more than one syllable, except for one word, unless it was unvote/a player's name. Notice he italicized any multi-syllable words.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'll probably think of more things when it's not 1am and I need to be up in 6 hours..Lol.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Kison wrote:He couldn't use any words with more than one syllable, except for one word, unless it was unvote/a player's name. Notice he italicized any multi-syllable words.
Ahh cool.

That would have been hard for me cos I struggle to decide how many syllables words have.

I'd probably have just posted really little.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”