Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

You think scum-labrat is chainsaw defending scum-me on PAGE ONE against TWO PLAYERS?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:43 am

Post by volxen »

In post 350, Keyser Söze wrote:You think scum-labrat is chainsaw defending scum-me on PAGE ONE against TWO PLAYERS?
I don't think it's too far-fetched that scum!Rat would chainsaw defend one of her scumbuddies against two players. And her two posts where she attacked both TW and Lefty for asking a question about your slot were on pages three and four, not on page one:
In post 74, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 54, the worst wrote:how do you read Key's entrance to the thread btw? I wanna try and sort him as quickly as possible so I can comfortably resume quoting The Usual Suspects and burninating scum.
Was the “I wanna try to sort Key as quick as possible” supposed to be an excuse for asking Left to post reads?

No?
but it def feels that way
OR it feels like your question to Lefty was just an excuse to show off your great town motivations.
Which one do you pick?

I don’t like the previous post either (the one I joked about). It’s prob not directly scum motivated, but it feels a really safe and non-personal way of questioning someone.
This was at the bottom of page three.
In post 76, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 55, Lefty wrote:What’s your take on Soze so far? Is the ‘I thought it was just two goons’ and then the break down of DrJ/Rat following that line of thought something you think they’d do/are capable of as scum?
You know, sth like that could prob be faked by a 5-year old.
Possibly younger

It kinda feels like you didn't want to appear useless so decided to write
anything
that might appear helpful without actually considering if it makes sense to ask about that.
Do not do it like that. If you want to do sth, you can comment on the stuff:
-I wrote about duck,
-keyser wrote about me&DrJ,
-DrJ wrote about me/keiser
-or w/e.
Just pick a wagon and go with it, there’s no need to be wary here
And this was as the top of page four.

And both posts were written within seven minutes of each other, which makes it even more odd.
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde »

Sorry for fluff post, but, I'll be AFK today, so, don't expect any posting from me today.
I'm at work most of today, and during my break I'm gonna be doing school stuff.
I'll try to post catch-up in a while.

-Kor
Hydra of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 307, volxen wrote: Out of [TW, Rat], Rat definitely has far more scum equity in my opinion. TW's casing of Rat felt genuine, whereas Rat's interactions with others came off as scummy to me. For example:
[quote="In post 307, volxen]
In post 16, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 15, Carmen wrote:
In post 12, LabRat01 wrote:wanna check it for me?
Nah, it's not there.

VOTE: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
aww, that's a shame VOTE: carmen
I'm p sure some form of it should be there though, cuz the bracket thingy is written in my RC
wanna check it again? or are you lying in order for someone to notice this "contradiction" and derp you as town?
In post 17, LabRat01 wrote:ugh, I was talking about the town RC if it wasn't obvious

I was re-reading the thread and noticed that my post could be understood as a disgusting joke
that vote was half-serious, it was not pure RvS, so read it as so

and c'mon, someone write sth
it's boring being here alone
I don't think Rat really had a good reason for "seriously" voting Carmen here, and she did say that the vote was "half-serious".

First off, volx seems to have read the thread till duck’s posts, so he should have also been aware of the whole conversation between me and korina. I don’t feel like going all over it again and this argument is
exactly
the same one I’ve been arguing with Korina about.

If he does fully understand why I pushed Carmen, I find it off that he’d find it important enough to mention here.
and if he disagreed to my answers to Korina’s pushes, he should have quoted those posts, not this one.

Him not doing that and including the exact same reasoning kinda feels like he made the argument just “to make the read look more townie/impressive” and doesn’t actually care to think about it seriously
In post 307, volxen wrote:
In post 54, the worst wrote:how do you read Key's entrance to the thread btw? I wanna try and sort him as quickly as possible so I can comfortably resume quoting The Usual Suspects and burninating scum.
Was the “I wanna try to sort Key as quick as possible” supposed to be an excuse for asking Left to post reads?

No?
OR it feels like your question to Lefty was just an excuse to show off your great town motivations.

Which one do you pick?

I don’t like the previous post either (the one I joked about). It’s prob not directly scum motivated, but it feels a really safe and non-personal way of questioning someone.
Why did Rat make such a big deal about this? All TW did was ask Lefty what he thought of Keyser's entrance -- I don't see how that's really LAMIST, which is what Rat seems to be implying here.
Yes everyone should be sorting players and coming up with their own reads, but there is nothing wrong with asking player X what they think about player Y, as long as you are still sorting everyone else in addition to that.
Rat seems to be suggesting that TW wants other people to sort Keyser for him so he doesn't have to do the work of sorting Keyser himself, which I don't think is accurate at all.
She is also suggesting here that TW's motivation in asking the question was to appear LAMIST, as opposed to him actually wanting to know what Lefty thought of Keyser's entrance.
This one is actually fair, except the “why did rat make such a big deal of this?” part.
This is nearly the same thing as in the last part of the quote, but it’s more visible in the quote there, so just read it there, but it feels kinda fake to me that a player who’s capable of writing an elaborate analysis like this one would base his reads on reasons that are just so obviously wrong.

And the way he defended TW was funny imo. Prob too daring to be SvS, but I don’t think I can say anything more about that
LabRat01 wrote:
In post 55, Lefty wrote:What’s your take on Soze so far? Is the ‘I thought it was just two goons’ and then the break down of DrJ/Rat following that line of thought something you think they’d do/are capable of as scum?
Possibly younger

anything
that might appear helpful without actually considering if it makes sense to ask about that.

-I wrote about duck,
-or w/e.
Again, here Rat is criticizing someone for asking a question regarding Keyser. I don't think her criticism of Lefty was really warranted here -- he asks a question about Keyser, and she insinuates that his reason for asking the question was to appear like he was doing something, as opposed to it being a question he genuinely wanted answered. In other words, she is again suggesting that the motivation behind the question was to purposefully appear LAMIST, as opposed to it just being a question that Lefty wanted answered.
It's just odd that on two different occasions, two different people ask a question about Keyser, and Rat attacks (unreasonably IMO) both TW and Lefty for asking their respective questions about Keyser.
Yes, I think Lefty’s post was lamist. I don’t think it’s necessarily scum indicative though, because awkwardness and not knowing what to write early in the game is not really scummy. Both town and scum can feel that way and even though his question/post wasn’t sincere imo, both alignments could have had their reasons for doing it.
The read was kind of a push, but it was also a suggestion to do sth else, because even if they’re town, their motivation isn’t difficult to notice and it’s gonna get them lynched if they keep doing that for a long time.
In post 307, volxen wrote:I would think town!Rat would understand that this game isn't just about everyone forming their own reads in isolation and then presenting their readslist to the rest of the group, but it's largely a game that involves interacting with everyone else to understand their motivations, which includes asking players questions such as, "what did you think about X from player Y?" The fact that Rat's initial reaction to both questions about Keyser was to immediately label them as attempts to be LAMIST rather than as genuine questions that were asked to gather information to help gamesolve, seems much more likely to come from scum than town.

VOTE: LabRat01

Here he pushes me for pushing others instead of asking for their motivations, which I find funny coming from someone with such a high game-count.
Even regardless of how many games he played, I find it hard to believe that a player who’s capable of writing such an elaborate analysis of my posts would be unaware that “pushing people” “allows you to read them better” and progresses the game, which is necessary at any point of the game.
Like, c’mon, he did play a lot of games on the site so he should have realized that if people ask questions, they’re most likely gonna get calm, composed answers, which aren’t really gonna help you do anything. Of course some people might just not like pushing others without a reason, but it doesn’t mean others can’t do that and everyone who pushes people early is scum.

Like, I really don’t want to believe that he’s being serious here. Him pushing me for that feels like he was just forcing himself to find a looong, non-sheepy reason for me being scum, without actually caring if it actually makes sense or not.
This post is long and I’ll give him credit for saying that the reasons behind my pushes were bad (even though they weren't), but the main part of it is just terribly empty.

And I don’t like how he disappeared right after writing that. Except the short VCA reasoning and TR on duck, he hasn’t done anything to progress the game, not even asking questions which he was pushing me for.
That’s just incredibly lazy

P.Edit…
Which just changed, so ignore that part.
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:58 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 309, the worst wrote:Keyser.....are you trying to steer us off your scumbuddy?
Answer honestly
In post 311, Keyser Söze wrote:And here you’re already linking me with labrat.

You saying me defending / town leaning / wanting to give Rat room as “trying to steer us off (my) scumbuddy” again feels too intense.

I.e TMI. Why can’t I be a townie with a wrong read here?
In post 313, the worst wrote: this is too much :( :( :( goddamnit man i just wanted you to be town just this once FUCK
In post 315, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 313, the worst wrote:
In post 311, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 309, the worst wrote:Keyser.....are you trying to steer us off your scumbuddy?
Answer honestly
And here you’re already linking me with labrat.

You saying me defending / town leaning / wanting to give Rat room as “trying to steer us off (my) scumbuddy” again feels too intense.

I.e TMI. Why can’t I be a townie with a wrong read here?
this is too much :( :( :( goddamnit man i just wanted you to be town just this once FUCK
Again, why can’t I be town who isn’t scum-reading Labrat?

This overdramatic foreplay still doesn’t answer my question.

Why am I scum forcefully ‘steering’ off players from my ‘scumpartner’?

This new narrative about me and labrat being scum partners is very concerning.
Btw, Keyser’s baffled reactions to TW SRing him so hard feel really natural. That’s not anything I’d feel safe basing my read on him, but I think I can rather fairly say that they’re not SvS
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 349, volxen wrote: But in any case, do you really think TW would gambit as scum and try to get his one of his scumbuddies sent to hell on day one?
Wait, lol, you're really confident that I'm scum
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

If LabRat flips scum - we never send me to heaven. Deal?
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:10 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 349, volxen wrote:@Keyser, I am starting to get concerned that if Rat is scum, you could be one of her partners. As I pointed out earlier, it was just odd how quick she was to attack two different people for asking, in my opinion, completely legitimate questions about your slot. If she is scum it's possible that she is simply buddying/defending town!Keyser, but the way she wanted to shut down both questions about Keyser's slot could be indicative of SvS interactions. Keyser, if Rat is scum, why is TW more likely to be one of her partners than you?

But in any case, do you really think TW would gambit as scum and try to get his one of his scumbuddies sent to hell on day one? I would consider that quite a risky gambit because if he does that, then the only way he could win as scum is if both he and his remaining scumbuddy get sent to Heaven. So unless he's convinced that both he and his other scumbuddy could get a lot of towncredit for busing Rat, it seems like quite a risky play to open on day one by busing one of his partners in a game mode that, in my opinion, heavily discourages busing.
that's actually good analysis
like, it's way better than the previous post

can you answer my SR on you?
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:18 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 356, Keyser Söze wrote:If LabRat flips scum - we never send me to heaven. Deal?
I didn't read anything past the last post I quoted, so sorry if I missed anything, but that post is worthless

If you think that I'm town, then defend me and talk about it so that even IF you're wrong, the other people might prove you wrong
telling people to punish you IF I flip scum feels like you're acting all high and mighty to gain the towncreed when I flip town

I've seen people do it as town and tbf I also did it once near the end of the game when I was really confident in my reads, but just don't because it's making me feel weird
you're not even townreading me
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:25 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 351, volxen wrote: And both posts were written within seven minutes of each other, which makes it even more odd.
I usually write my posts on the computer in WORD, so that I get it to check if the spelling is right
Then I post one post after another while checking the grammar

I mean, usually.
You can also see me posting while reading like I'm doing rn (since after the post about TW and keyser not being SvS), but if I have a lot of posts/pages to read, I usually just do a catchup

besides, no one ever reads walls and it's super annoying to deal with players who don't, so that's even better
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 359, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 351, volxen wrote: And both posts were written within seven minutes of each other, which makes it even more odd.
I usually write my posts on the computer in WORD, so that I get it to check if the spelling is right
Then I post one post after another while checking the grammar

I mean, usually.
You can also see me posting while reading like I'm doing rn (since after the post about TW and keyser not being SvS), but if I have a lot of posts/pages to read, I usually just
do a catchup

besides, no one ever reads walls and it's super annoying to deal with players who don't, so that's even better
uh,
WRITE
a catchup
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

LabRat I’m fed up of the linking. At least by this promise, if you flip red, a supposed scum WINCON can’t be achieved (as mafia need two in heaven). WIN for me, WIN for town. Then I can get on with scum hunting, because defending myself has really swayed my read of TW and Volxen and I can’t think straight. I think I’m the only one against your lynch right now so be more nice to me :giggle:

(I either need a time out or a total reset of reads)
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 361, Keyser Söze wrote:LabRat I’m fed up of the linking. At least by this promise, if you flip red, a supposed scum WINCON can’t be achieved (as mafia need two in heaven). WIN for me, WIN for town. Then I can get on with scum hunting, because defending myself has really swayed my read of TW and Volxen and I can’t think straight. I think I’m the only one against your lynch right now so be more nice to me :giggle:

(I either need a time out or a total reset of reads)
that's invalid, the mafia also wins if the martyrs choose the wrong person to lynch during the judgment day

If you haven't read the rules, or are pretending to be unaware of it, look at it rn

@everyone should look at it so that bullshit like this doesn't happen again

also please be aware that scum may post on the maf-chat even after they get lynched, so if we ever lynch a high-leveled scum, they might still influence the game

thank you
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Ok, I forgot that, but...

Why would the martyrs not choose to lynch me?
Someone who “steered” players off his “scum partner” on D1? Someone who was “chainsaw defended” by his “scum partner” as early as page 3 and 4?

But let’s now continue.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 349, volxen wrote:
In post 312, Keyser Söze wrote:@volxen putting associations, VCA and scum partner theories aside, are you t/reading the worst independently?
I don't feel comfortable giving TW a townread yet, no. I do think he made a good case against Rat, especially in post , and I do find Rat to have the most scum equity at the moment, but I'm not ready to write off TW as town yet either.
I don’t know about that- the way you came into the thread looking at TW’s wagon (your theory was that scum were involved in putting a player to L-2 early game - otherwise you’d be loving me, Irrelephant11 and LabRat pushing an early scum read (TW). I definitely felt you had TW as the innocent party in this scenario, who was wrongly put to L-2. I’ve seen by your comments you’ve already ruled out scum vs scum distancing between TW and Rat.

That’s why I want to see your independent reads on each player as individuals because you’ve crashlanded into the game with confirm bias you would have only gained if you’d been reading the game thoroughly from the start (if that makes sense).

Why did there HAVE to be at least one scum in those 3/4 players? Why not all town? Or do you think scum wanted TW out the way early?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 218, Creature wrote:
In post 136, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:What if the team is {Lab, Creature, TW}?

-Kor (to both)
You're probably only right on TW.
Where’s your head at right now? What were the good(?) feels you had on lab, which I don’t think you aired while he was being pressured?
In post 219, Creature wrote:
In post 144, Keyser Söze wrote:(I have good feels so far: not in terms of current tangible reads, but I think nearly everyone who’s been posting will be easier to sort down the line.
Well except for Carmen’s single post
).
Which I read town for some reason
Is Carmen one of the many players you would send to heaven? (This is a half cheeky/half serious question). I’m quite weary of the reasons why players would send a player to heaven.
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:17 am

Post by LabRat01 »

Hey, @Keyser who would you lynch rn?
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:23 am

Post by LabRat01 »

lol, actually, no that I think of it, that username sounds kinda funny in my native language

you could read "key" as a key and "ser" means cheese
Söze doesn't have a meaning, but it's already fun enough
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 366, LabRat01 wrote:Hey, @Keyser who would you lynch rn?
If you’d asked me 24 hours ago... TW, but I wouldn’t kill anyone right now.

I’m currently re-reading the game... currently on page 9...

I still like you versus DrJ as TvT.. (did you say my early analysis could have been replicated by a 5 year old?! I didn’t fully grasp that the first time round :giggle: )

Don’t like Creature’s entrance. So many posts, but they’re hitting no targets. Is he performing an act to think we’ll t/read him? It’s not working.

I’ll continue.
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:28 am

Post by LabRat01 »

ugh, I'm getting moody, I should prob go to sleep
still kind of too early though
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:37 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 368, Keyser Söze wrote:

I still like you versus DrJ as TvT.. (did you say my early analysis could have been replicated by a 5 year old?! I didn’t fully grasp that the first time round :giggle: )

Don’t like Creature’s entrance. So many posts, but they’re hitting no targets. Is he performing an act to think we’ll t/read him? It’s not working.

I’ll continue.
oh, sorry

but a lot has happened, so I didn't really think it would remain unchanged
what do you think of TW's reads on the hydra slot? Like, I could omit the reads on me cuz I'm not actually sure if he couldn't be bullshitting that, but I think his TR on LCpl looked honest.

and no, the 5-year old wasn't about you, but it was about left asking about sth really goofy that even a newb would be able to fake. And I thought it was weird because it's kinda clear that you're not a newb

and idak what to think about creat... I mean, I've played with him once and I remembered him being as shitty as he's in here. Everyone was TRing him for some reason, which I absolutely couldn't understand and he was town after all, but I was heavily SRing him in there and I'm kiiiind of tempted to do it in here?
kiiiind of but not really?
idk, my reads often just suck
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 am

Post by volxen »

In post 353, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 307, volxen wrote: Out of [TW, Rat], Rat definitely has far more scum equity in my opinion. TW's casing of Rat felt genuine, whereas Rat's interactions with others came off as scummy to me. For example:
[quote="In post 307, volxen]
In post 16, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 15, Carmen wrote:
In post 12, LabRat01 wrote:wanna check it for me?
Nah, it's not there.

VOTE: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
aww, that's a shame VOTE: carmen
I'm p sure some form of it should be there though, cuz the bracket thingy is written in my RC
wanna check it again? or are you lying in order for someone to notice this "contradiction" and derp you as town?
In post 17, LabRat01 wrote:ugh, I was talking about the town RC if it wasn't obvious

I was re-reading the thread and noticed that my post could be understood as a disgusting joke
that vote was half-serious, it was not pure RvS, so read it as so

and c'mon, someone write sth
it's boring being here alone
I don't think Rat really had a good reason for "seriously" voting Carmen here, and she did say that the vote was "half-serious".

First off, volx seems to have read the thread till duck’s posts, so he should have also been aware of the whole conversation between me and korina. I don’t feel like going all over it again and this argument is
exactly
the same one I’ve been arguing with Korina about.

If he does fully understand why I pushed Carmen, I find it off that he’d find it important enough to mention here.
and if he disagreed to my answers to Korina’s pushes, he should have quoted those posts, not this one.

Him not doing that and including the exact same reasoning kinda feels like he made the argument just “to make the read look more townie/impressive” and doesn’t actually care to think about it seriously

No?

Which one do you pick?

Why did Rat make such a big deal about this? All TW did was ask Lefty what he thought of Keyser's entrance -- I don't see how that's really LAMIST, which is what Rat seems to be implying here.
Yes everyone should be sorting players and coming up with their own reads, but there is nothing wrong with asking player X what they think about player Y, as long as you are still sorting everyone else in addition to that.
Rat seems to be suggesting that TW wants other people to sort Keyser for him so he doesn't have to do the work of sorting Keyser himself, which I don't think is accurate at all.
She is also suggesting here that TW's motivation in asking the question was to appear LAMIST, as opposed to him actually wanting to know what Lefty thought of Keyser's entrance.
This one is actually fair, except the “why did rat make such a big deal of this?” part.
This is nearly the same thing as in the last part of the quote, but it’s more visible in the quote there, so just read it there, but it feels kinda fake to me that a player who’s capable of writing an elaborate analysis like this one would base his reads on reasons that are just so obviously wrong.

And the way he defended TW was funny imo. Prob too daring to be SvS, but I don’t think I can say anything more about that
LabRat01 wrote:
Possibly younger

anything

-I wrote about duck,
-or w/e.
Again, here Rat is criticizing someone for asking a question regarding Keyser. I don't think her criticism of Lefty was really warranted here -- he asks a question about Keyser, and she insinuates that his reason for asking the question was to appear like he was doing something, as opposed to it being a question he genuinely wanted answered. In other words, she is again suggesting that the motivation behind the question was to purposefully appear LAMIST, as opposed to it just being a question that Lefty wanted answered.
It's just odd that on two different occasions, two different people ask a question about Keyser, and Rat attacks (unreasonably IMO) both TW and Lefty for asking their respective questions about Keyser.
Yes, I think Lefty’s post was lamist. I don’t think it’s necessarily scum indicative though, because awkwardness and not knowing what to write early in the game is not really scummy. Both town and scum can feel that way and even though his question/post wasn’t sincere imo, both alignments could have had their reasons for doing it.
The read was kind of a push, but it was also a suggestion to do sth else, because even if they’re town, their motivation isn’t difficult to notice and it’s gonna get them lynched if they keep doing that for a long time.
In post 307, volxen wrote:I would think town!Rat would understand that this game isn't just about everyone forming their own reads in isolation and then presenting their readslist to the rest of the group, but it's largely a game that involves interacting with everyone else to understand their motivations, which includes asking players questions such as, "what did you think about X from player Y?" The fact that Rat's initial reaction to both questions about Keyser was to immediately label them as attempts to be LAMIST rather than as genuine questions that were asked to gather information to help gamesolve, seems much more likely to come from scum than town.

VOTE: LabRat01

Here he pushes me for pushing others instead of asking for their motivations, which I find funny coming from someone with such a high game-count.
Even regardless of how many games he played, I find it hard to believe that a player who’s capable of writing such an elaborate analysis of my posts would be unaware that “pushing people” “allows you to read them better” and progresses the game, which is necessary at any point of the game.
Like, c’mon, he did play a lot of games on the site so he should have realized that if people ask questions, they’re most likely gonna get calm, composed answers, which aren’t really gonna help you do anything. Of course some people might just not like pushing others without a reason, but it doesn’t mean others can’t do that and everyone who pushes people early is scum.

Like, I really don’t want to believe that he’s being serious here. Him pushing me for that feels like he was just forcing himself to find a looong, non-sheepy reason for me being scum, without actually caring if it actually makes sense or not.
This post is long and I’ll give him credit for saying that the reasons behind my pushes were bad (even though they weren't), but the main part of it is just terribly empty.

And I don’t like how he disappeared right after writing that. Except the short VCA reasoning and TR on duck, he hasn’t done anything to progress the game, not even asking questions which he was pushing me for.
That’s just incredibly lazy

P.Edit…
Which just changed, so ignore that part.
If you are town, you are really misunderstanding why I am scumreading you -- or you are deliberately trying to misrepresent me if you are scum. I am not against aggressively pressuring and pushing people. I do it myself all the time, and I have even put someone at L-1 on page one of a newbie game as town (see: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77453) precisely because I wanted to pressure that person. The last thing I am against is pressuring people to see how they react.

No, my problem is that you tried to
shut down/discourage
legitimate questions from both TW and Lefty, both of which were questions about Keyser's slot. In your post you seem to be setting up this false dichotomy where a choice has to be made between questioning someone vs pressuring someone. Why does it have to be either or? You can certainly ask people legitimate questions while simultaneously pressuring them. You want to push TW and Lefty to see how they react? Fine, but you shouldn't be trying to shut down and discourage the legitimate questions they asked about Keyser's slot.
THAT
is what I have a problem with -- you could have pressured Lefty and TW without trying to shutdown their questions about Keyser.

I'm struggling to see the town motivation in trying to shutdown both of their respective questions about Keyser. I mean, if TW and Lefty are both town, think about it from their perspective. If they are both town, and they find one another to be townie, doesn't it make sense for them to talk to one another about Keyser, especially if they are both trying to get an accurate read on Keyser? I mean this is a team game after all, so it makes sense to discuss your reads and other slots with people you find to be towny. So they ask legitimate questions of each other about Keyser's slot, and then you come along and within seven minutes, write two back-to-back posts where you basically call both of them LAMIST, and tell both of them that they are wasting time by asking each other questions about Keyser's slot. But why call it a waste of time -- why assume the questions they were asking each other wouldn't help both of them get a better read on Keyser? Because if getting answers to their questions would help them to better sort Keyser, then it would be a pretty good usage of time, no?

Again the problem isn't that you were aggressive towards TW and Lefty, it's that you tried to "redirect" them away from talking about Keyser and questioning each other about Keyser, when I don't believe you had a legitimate reason for doing so. So yes, for now I am quite skeptical of your motivations.
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 am

Post by LabRat01 »

or it's just his playstyle to which I just have to get used
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 am

Post by LabRat01 »

or he's scum and I'm a freaking idiot

/shrug
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 370, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 368, Keyser Söze wrote:

I’ll continue.
oh, sorry

but a lot has happened, so I didn't really think it would remain unchanged
what do you think of TW's reads on the hydra slot? Like, I could omit the reads on me cuz I'm not actually sure if he couldn't be bullshitting that, but I think his TR on LCpl looked honest.

and no, the 5-year old wasn't about you, but it was about left asking about sth really goofy that even a newb would be able to fake. And I thought it was weird because it's kinda clear that you're not a newb

and idak what to think about creat... I mean, I've played with him once and I remembered him being as shitty as he's in here. Everyone was TRing him for some reason, which I absolutely couldn't understand and he was town after all, but I was heavily SRing him in there and I'm kiiiind of tempted to do it in here?
kiiiind of but not really?
idk, my reads often just suck
RE: Creature
Yeah, I’d be hesitant to lynch Creature D1, as someone said town-Creature clears himself later on..? Plus, I’m sure I’ve played with him before and inccorectly read him... may dig that game out, feels years old though. He is in no way near my ‘destined for heaven’ pile though right now.

Re: TW, yesterday and this morning I really didn’t like how TW went so intense with that t/read on DrJ. In a kind of ‘he already knows he’s town so he’s gonna t/read hard every single post of his even though the post was hardly AI’.

I had a great problem coming to my eventual town lean on Dr J, so maybe I’m projecting my bias here. Maybe.

Tonight, I’m trying to relax and see if I overreacted.

Return to “Completed Open Games”