ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:54 am

Post by ManateeDude »

Did you know?

Male and Female pelicans both work together to incubate their eggs..

Votecount 1.05

the worst (2) - Keyser Soze, Irrelephant
LabRat01 (1) - volxen
Keyser Söze (1) - Lefty
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1) - Carmen
Creature (1) - the worst
Not Voting - Creature, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, LabRat01

Time till end of hell phase 1: (expired on 2018-11-15 17:00:00)
Last edited by ManateeDude on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Plus, reading through early D1 we have talked ALOT to eachother... and used eachother as reference points in sorting other players..... so what I see as social posting / natural read development between us, I could see that feeding someone’s festering paranoia about us being scum partners. I will put my hand up for that. I like playing with you. Those are the facts.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Mod I’m always v/la saturday & sunday

My one thought without fully catching up is this seems like a towny volxen, unless he’s trying very very hard to improve his scumgame (no nuance there)
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:05 am

Post by ManateeDude »

OP has been updated with Important events post
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Volxen, why aren’t you voting LabRat?

@Lefty - is your vote still serious?

@Dr J - do both heads agree on anyone? Or are you conflicted?
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:08 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 371, volxen wrote: No, my problem is that you tried to
shut down/discourage
legitimate questions from both TW and Lefty, both of which were questions about Keyser's slot. In your post you seem to be setting up this false dichotomy where a choice has to be made between questioning someone vs pressuring someone. Why does it have to be either or? You can certainly ask people legitimate questions while simultaneously pressuring them. You want to push TW and Lefty to see how they react? Fine, but you shouldn't be trying to shut down and discourage the legitimate questions they asked about Keyser's slot.
THAT
is what I have a problem with -- you could have pressured Lefty and TW without trying to shutdown their questions about Keyser.
You know, I’d have to be completely paranoid to defend anyone as scum from RvS questions with evil motivations
Believe me or not, but I don’t even see questions like those as legitimate interactions, so nearly every time you write sth about it or I see someone commenting on it with your quote above, it takes me a few seconds to realize what they're talking about

And it’s prob not the right way to go about things but I see my reads as more important than the other players’ actions. I won’t stop someone if they have a legit, strong push on someone (unless it’s like my TR or sth like that), but I don’t really feel bad for interrupting someone’s question if I don’t even think it’s that important

Like, c’mon, was I supposed to wait a whole day for them to answer the question and only then make my push? Seriously?
I’m obviously not gonna do that, so just no. it’s stupid

And yeah, I get that a lot of players might not like the way I made my push on TW. It was supposed to feel individual and actually create some pressure, but I might have failed at that
I’m still trying to learn how not to an absolute fluff-bun early on, so from my pov it’s still an improvement. Lol, I was actually so proud of that read when I first posted it… Not that you can tell though
Anyways, my goal was to pressure TW. My pressure shouldn’t have stopped Lefty from answering TW’s question so even if you think it was important, it shouldn’t have influenced him in any way (I think).

You’re kinda right that I might have stopped anyone from answering Lefty’s question though (the goofy one), but honestly, I don’t really care about that.
In post 371, volxen wrote: I'm struggling to see the town motivation in trying to shutdown both of their respective questions about Keyser. I mean, if TW and Lefty are both town, think about it from their perspective. If they are both town, and they find one another to be townie, doesn't it make sense for them to talk to one another about Keyser, especially if they are both trying to get an accurate read on Keyser? I mean this is a team game after all, so it makes sense to discuss your reads and other slots with people you find to be towny. So they ask legitimate questions of each other about Keyser's slot, and then you come along and within seven minutes, write two back-to-back posts where you basically call both of them LAMIST, and tell both of them that they are wasting time by asking each other questions about Keyser's slot. But why call it a waste of time -- why assume the questions they were asking each other wouldn't help both of them get a better read on Keyser? Because if getting answers to their questions would help them to better sort Keyser, then it would be a pretty good usage of time, no?
You’re making this sound more important than it actually was
It was not important
And my read was better
/shrug
In post 371, volxen wrote: Again the problem isn't that you were aggressive towards TW and Lefty, it's that you tried to "redirect" them away from talking about Keyser and questioning each other about Keyser, when I don't believe you had a legitimate reason for doing so. So yes, for now I am quite skeptical of your motivations.
You’re wrong.
Again, I think my actions had a higher chance of doing anything good than theirs
I didn’t actually think of how would my actions influence their reads at the time I was posting it, but even if I did, I most likely wouldn’t have given a shit

Like, c’mon, if you’re aware how pushes make the game better and more dynamic, you should realize that what I did was better than if I just waited with it
There’s literally no reason to go all crazy about it imo
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 380, LabRat01 wrote: Lol, I was actually so proud of that read when I first posted it… Not that you can tell though
:giggle: That post actually moved me to say that you were “emitting the clearest townie-game-solving thoughts so far.”

Yup, I’m proper pocketed :lol:

[INSERT GIF of sheep inside a giant rat’s pocket]
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Creature »

In post 374, Keyser Söze wrote:He is in no way near my ‘destined for heaven’ pile though right now.
I don't plan to be sent to heaven early anyway. I'm more of an endgame guy.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Creature »

Town has better winrates when I endgame.
Sigh
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 377, Irrelephant11 wrote:

My one thought without fully catching up is this seems like a towny volxen, unless he’s trying very very hard to improve his scumgame (no nuance there)
Improvement noticed too... would like to witness wider focus though.
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde »

In post 339, ManateeDude wrote:
Did you know?

Orca whales are one of the most widespread species in the world..

Votecount 1.04

the worst (3) - LabRat01, Keyser Soze, Irrelephant
Keyser Söze (1) - Lefty
Carmen (1) - LabRat01,
Creature (1) - the worst
Not Voting - Creature, volxen, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Is labrat on or off carmen?
Hydra of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:29 am

In post 375, ManateeDude wrote:
Did you know?

Male and Female pelicans both work together to incubate their eggs..

Votecount 1.05

Keyser Söze (1) - Lefty
Carmen (1) - LabRat01,
Creature (1) - the worst

The fact no counterwagon has developed over subsequent vote counts makes me think this is a wagon on town. I'll post more on TW in a minute.

I think labrat is the scummiest on that wagon followed by possibly keyser - I'm not sure tbh what to think of him, what I've seen as scummy he has dismissed easily, but on the other hand that could be the sign of skillful scum? Irrel imo is just sheeping it.

N.b. this is the last vc I saw.
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 385, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 339, ManateeDude wrote:
Did you know?

Orca whales are one of the most widespread species in the world..

Votecount 1.04

Keyser Söze (1) - Lefty
Carmen (1) - LabRat01,
Creature (1) - the worst

Is labrat on or off carmen?
I made a mistake in VC 1.04 and 1.05.
LABRAT WAS NOT VOTING ANYONE
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:42 am

Tw is probably town based on the lack of any wagon - while I don't doubt scum could be WIFOMING there, I think thats much less unlikely than them leaving a wagon sit there.

Also, post 297 - it looks very town. I see plenty of town motivation there, it shows plenty of effort which I don't think scum is going to do if they can get by without it. Sort of similar to how someone in another game (town) literally made a chart with colour showing every vote :lol:

Furthermore, he kind of feels like he is enthusiastic. Maybe that sounds stupid and probably is, but just based on tone, I think he looks a lot more like town than scum.

I still am a little concerned at him seemingly trying to buddy me, but hmph, I'm probably reading too much into it
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:43 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 374, Keyser Söze wrote:RE: Creature
Yeah, I’d be hesitant to lynch Creature D1, as someone said town-Creature clears himself later on..? Plus, I’m sure I’ve played with him before and inccorectly read him... may dig that game out, feels years old though. He is in no way near my ‘destined for heaven’ pile though right now.

Re: TW, yesterday and this morning I really didn’t like how TW went so intense with that t/read on DrJ. In a kind of ‘he already knows he’s town so he’s gonna t/read hard every single post of his even though the post was hardly AI’.

I had a great problem coming to my eventual town lean on Dr J, so maybe I’m projecting my bias here. Maybe.

Tonight, I’m trying to relax and see if I overreacted.
if you compare this game to LCpl's last scum one, he's clearly better and less LAMIST here than there
This game was LCpl's first game in here and besides that and the purgatory game rn, I think he only joined 1 game till now (which is still on-going)
anyways, he wouldn't have had a lot of time to change his scum meta so I think the clear change a fairly good town indicator
TW seemed to have noticed that cuz he did mention stuff about their meta before

Korina is bad, but he's always bad... besides this one game I've read, I've also half-read another game in which he was town and he was just as misguided and weird as he is in here
I would have been SRing him in both btw...
He also wrote some stuff about how he hates players meta-reading him
and in the latest game he wrote sth about "trying to be active and act active and "obv-town" in their last scum game on discord", so if anything, I find it weird how happy he was to provide me with examples of him describing his scum meta instead of actual games
It felt as if he suddenly changed his opinion about meta-reads and wanted me to read him based on it

but still, that's not a strong read and it's not actually that much more likely for scum him to say that rather than town him
If he's really forcing himself to act "obv-town", just don't send him to heaven so that he has to fake it through the whole game. If he's scum, he'll fail at some point
and I still think that LCpl is fairly townie. Just look at his previous game and you'll see the difference, it's rather obvious

uhh... I started ranting again and I forgot what point I was trying to make

idk, TW's posts about DrJ's meta-bias pinged townie and I really liked the enthusiasm in some of his posts
That's not the most brilliant read ever, but it's still not sth I'd want to lynch rn
(I don't actually know how TW plays though, sooo I guess he could still be faking it?
or he could not be faking it and just simply, strongly TRing town for no reason as scum.
Like, still, it's ok for now imo
idk)
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 377, Irrelephant11 wrote:

how does volx play as scum?
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:48 am

In post 78, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 63, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 36, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 30, LabRat01 wrote:do it
WIFOM says you're not scum partners:
If not,
as partners
, it would seem you've made too much of a conscious effort to try to distance eachother (through anti-distance...?)

Playful RVS vote eachother...
You going all about how you dug up their first scum game and read ten whole pages of it as part of meta research...
Creating an awkward dis-connection between you two, which I conclude is: 2xVT or 1 goon-1 VT interactions.
You'll notice it's primarily one sided - I would see it more as him trying to pocket us (I'm assuming that word means scum buddying town - or have I been using that word wrong? :lol:)

Lcp
Do you think I was pocketing you?
In post 65, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:I don't agree that much with this. Imo people should be held accountable for their words even in RVS. Esp. in later days it can show a lot in hindsight.

For reference I usually get on twice or three times a day then disappear between that so please don't think I'm lurking - that's my usual pattern :P

Korina should hopefully be here soon.
that’s already a rather high activity as for this site
/shrug
I never answered that, but yes, I did - and do - think you were
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 386, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:
In post 375, ManateeDude wrote:
Votecount 1.05

Keyser Söze (1) - Lefty
Carmen (1) - LabRat01,
Creature (1) - the worst

The fact no counterwagon has developed over subsequent vote counts makes me think this is a wagon on town. I'll post more on TW in a minute.

I think labrat is the scummiest on that wagon followed by possibly keyser - I'm not sure tbh what to think of him, what I've seen as scummy he has dismissed easily, but on the other hand that could be the sign of skillful scum? Irrel imo is just sheeping it.

N.b. this is the last vc I saw.
:eye_roll:
if you say that I dismissed all of your suspicions, why do you think I'm scummy
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:52 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 388, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:Tw is probably town based on the lack of any wagon - while I don't doubt scum could be WIFOMING there, I think thats much less unlikely than them leaving a wagon sit there.

Also, post 297 - it looks very town. I see plenty of town motivation there, it shows plenty of effort which I don't think scum is going to do if they can get by without it. Sort of similar to how someone in another game (town) literally made a chart with colour showing every vote :lol:

Furthermore, he kind of feels like he is enthusiastic. Maybe that sounds stupid and probably is, but just based on tone, I think he looks a lot more like town than scum.

I still am a little concerned at him seemingly trying to buddy me, but hmph, I'm probably reading too much into it
wait, you're LCpl, right?
and yeah, that's sort of my read on TW
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:53 am

In post 389, LabRat01 wrote:Korina is bad, but he's always bad... besides this one game I've read, I've also half-read another game in which he was town and he was just as misguided and weird as he is in here
I would have been SRing him in both btw...
He also wrote some stuff about how he hates players meta-reading him
and in the latest game he wrote sth about "trying to be active and act active and "obv-town" in their last scum game on discord",
so if anything, I find it weird how happy he was to provide me with examples of him describing his scum meta instead of actual games

It felt as if he suddenly changed his opinion about meta-reads and wanted me to read him based on it
I'm here for a moment, however, re:bolded:
Nice misrep. Literally I've played a total of three scum games, the first one, I actually linked, (firefighter blitz). The second one, I replaced out of, so you really can't get a meta-read on, (noir). The third one hardly classifies as a game in the first place because it was so short, (vengeful).

If you actually looked at the links, you'd have seen that the first one was me linking to a scum game, the rest were times I described my scum meta.

Also, re:Soze
I'm currently still trying to read back and form reads apart from initial reactions.
I think we both currently agree that Lab is scum though.

-Kor
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:53 am

Post by LabRat01 »

already said it before though
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:54 am

I also still hate trying to read players based on meta, however, if that helps you read me, I'll happily provide you games.

-Kor
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 am

In post 393, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 388, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:Tw is probably town based on the lack of any wagon - while I don't doubt scum could be WIFOMING there, I think thats much less unlikely than them leaving a wagon sit there.

wait, you're LCpl, right?
and yeah, that's sort of my read on TW
Yep it is
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 am

Labrat, well, I'm getting plenty of scum pings there.

I didn't really read so much into his role pm thing, but this posts tone strikes me as odd
In post 17, LabRat01 wrote:ugh, I was talking about the town RC if it wasn't obvious

I was re-reading the thread and noticed that my post could be understood as a disgusting joke
that vote was half-serious, it was not pure RvS, so read it as so

and c'mon, someone write sth
it's boring being here alone
Its the sort of thing scum posts after they realize they hit submit instead of preview :lol:
Furthermore It sounds an awful lot like scum trying to push a vote as being nai
In post 24, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 20, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde wrote:Hi o/

D1 is hell, right?
VOTE: labrat

He probably only noticed it because he got it in his rolecard :lol:
Lcp aka mr hyde
hi btw, I've read the first 10-ish pages of your first newb game on MS. You played well, I prob wouldn't have been able to catch you
That's what I meant by pocketing.
Then,
This:
In post 31, LabRat01 wrote: yep

do you think you'll be able to read him?
Doesn't really advamce us anywhere and is basically just fluff. Maybe NAI, but I find scum often get by by posting stuff like this. To be fair only post 31.
In post 127, LabRat01 wrote:friendly reminder that Majority is 5 and duck has 3 votes on him rn

just don't hammer when not even a day has passed since SoD
This is LAMIST as h and a not so subtle reminder than tw has a wagon on him, indirectly encouraging votes.

Overall I think Labrat is scum and led a wagon on TW
And when he saw it wasn't going anywhere unvoted
In post 347, LabRat01 wrote:UNVOTE:
Meh, Duck’s posts got so much better. I don’t think I agree with them, but I really like their enthusiasm while talking about their TRs
Not overly townie, but I'm ok with it rn
This just feels to me like scum dropping a case not going anywhere
VOTE: labrat
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:59 am

In post 379, Keyser Söze wrote:@Volxen, why aren’t you voting LabRat?

@Lefty - is your vote still serious?

@Dr J - do both heads agree on anyone? Or are you conflicted?
Primarily the latter I guess. We're still figuring this out. We've discussed a bit today and I think we're both a bit clearer

Return to “Completed Open Games”