no deadlines mafia [full at last]

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Nancy: Yeah you on my list <3
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 43, Purrcocet wrote:in

unless you want me out
I'll let anyone in if they've got a Tabby avatar tbh

also, would allowing hydras result in the game filling faster? my instinct was that it would fill slower since there'd be players who would join as a hydra who would've otherwise joined as single players, but I'm open to changing that if folks feel like it would do the opposite
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've always found that, especially with larger games, they fill faster when people hydra.
Sometimes slots pair down, but usually folks hydra into games when they wouldn't play them normally for whatever reason (again, in my experience, your mileage may vary).
That said, you've got to be prepared for running a game that's essentially got 24+x players posting, which can be a bit insane.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If ya really want the game to fill faster, I'd just suggest doing what you can to advertise it.
I usually send out PMs to people who played in a couple of my previous games, post a few game adverts, talk about it in site chat, etc.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Raya36 »

/out
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Wisdom »

/in
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 51, xyzzy wrote:
In post 43, Purrcocet wrote:in

unless you want me out
I'll let anyone in if they've got a Tabby avatar tbh

also, would allowing hydras result in the game filling faster? my instinct was that it would fill slower since there'd be players who would join as a hydra who would've otherwise joined as single players, but I'm open to changing that if folks feel like it would do the opposite
Well, I prefer to hydra because it makes it a lot easier on me, for the reasons Varsoon suggested and you would only have a few hydras anyway.

Also, Purrcat 39 has hands down, the best tabby avatar ever - so there’s that. :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 49, Varsoon wrote:Again, I'd like for you to work out the rougher parts of your play and, generally, be an easier player to engage with, because those are the things keeping me from fully enjoying playing games with you, which is the primary mode that I'll likely be engaging with you on this site. I think that if you were to work on these suggestions, you'd not just grow to be a much better player, but you'd also be more fun for others to play with as well, which would improve site morale. In general, I find very cynical players who consider themselves beyond reproach to be a negative force for this site--the most player-oriented replace-outs that I have seen have been due to players like that clashing with other players.
To be clear, I don't think of myself as beyond reproach. If anything, that's how I think of you. Why are you automatically right about the feedback you're giving me? Why can't I disagree, and why can't you be the one who is refusing to accept constructive criticism? After all, you're the one who mislynched Irrelephant, which was the main thing we diagreed about on D1...

I'm very self-critical and open to feedback. When I mislynch, I take responsibility, apologize to the player, and learn from it each time. I gladly welcome feedback on my play, and often seek it directly from players I respect. Players like Irrelephant think I'm too self-critical and that I hold myself to too high standards, because I do actually try to learn and admit to lots of bad plays that others often don't even think of as bad play.

Giving feedback, as you have condescendingly done to me since we first started interacting, doesn't automatically make you right about the content of said feedback. Some feedback is valuable, other times it's wrong. I agreed with many of your points about no lynching and said as much, in the endgame of TAZ, but I continue to disagree about your understanding of what causes and caused the loss in that game, as well as your inflexible rule-based approach to the game. I also openly admitted bad plays in that game (e.g. use of gold), said it was my worst game by far, etc. Never have I pretended I'm beyond reproach. I just disagree with YOUR specific feedback in certain cases.

I'm not going around telling players that they shouldn't put faith in you. I don't know your play enough. But you seem to be doing that about me, and that is something I take issue with, since you don't know anything about me other than that you disagree with me and now have decided I'm egoistic because I disagreed with your feedback. And apparently you think it's such a problem that you don't even want other players believing in me? Lol...
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Not really a conversation for signup threads.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

So you make random attacks on multiple players who aren't even in this game anymore in the signup thread completely unprovoked
then when Shoshin calls you out on it... it's not really a conversation for signup threads?

maybe you shouldn't shit talk people in random threads then deflect when called out for it?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Still not a conversation for signup threads.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If this game is gonna just be drama I’m out
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

dw gamma none of this reflects on the game, neither myself nor shoshin are in this game
varsoon just took it upon himself to be a complete cunt to both myself and shoshin with 0 provocation and claim the moral high ground about it and i just felt like he needed to be called out for it
the idea of starting shit in a public thread then claiming the moral high ground and saying 'oh keep this out of said public thread'
Varsoon wrote:.You taking this personally and making a scene is exactly the kind of shit I can't stand about you, for the record.
sorry I forgot that when people blatantly start going off at me in a thread that has nothing to do with me I'm supposed to just take it
but when I respond to other people a la you being a complete assfuck then I'm the bad guy
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

This way is why we can’t have nice things.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

Apologies for stating my opinion about your approach to the game--was never intended to be a personal assault.
Still not a conversation meant for a signup thread.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:04 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Spoiler:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:42 am

Post by xyzzy »

yeah y'all let's try to keep this thread on topic, okay
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I came here to play but I don;t think I will. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I think Varsoon is a pretty cool guy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

This sounds like my kinda pace /in
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by xyzzy »

signups slowed down but we're closer to full than empty, which is good; I will probably put together a list of some more people to invite and do that!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Sweet
Also worth considering: I know there's other ongoing theme games and themes hitting signups so people might be busy/comitted in to another game as of now but don't let that discourage you.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Edosurist »

/in

Lots of familiar faces in here.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hi Edo
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Sup.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:53 am

Post by light_ganski »

Signed up for this then completely forgot it was a thing

Still in though, still excited for it too xyzzy's last game was fun

HI GAMMA (and theta and ausuka and everyone else)
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".

Return to “Completed Signups”