BooneyToonz Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

BooneyToonz Discussion

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

()_+_) BooneyToonz Discussion ()_-_)

The BooneyToonz series was created to play with unique and interesting roles specifically in the old Normal queue. My goal with all BooneyToonz games was to create unique normal setups with potentially new and unheard of variant roles or an innovative concept without overstepping the boundary of normal game limits or mechanics, however with the change of Normal game guidelines in 2018, this meant the BooneyToonz series would no longer stay true to itself within the Normal queue.

However, the concept of guidelines within a game adds another layer to the game, and my goal is to push that idea to its maximum limits. Don't get the wrong idea; this series is NOT about making a game with a bunch of strong power roles or a role madness game within a more normalized game. There may very well be as little as one power role, or even none at all. I have mimicked and tweaked the old Normal queue guidelines, and added some twists to it to give it a more personalized feel, and allow myself, and potentially other mods who'd like to run a BooneyToonz game, to show our creativity.

()_+_)
Boonskiies
()_-_)

Introduction
What is a BooneyToonz game?

A BooneyToonz game is a game that plays off the fact that there are specific guidelines in play that the game MUST follow. It allows for newer and unheard of roles to be integrated in a way that experienced and new players can grasp alongside putting the pressure on individual performances rather than revolving around the roles to solve the game for you. This allows for higher level play from both town and scum. Most setups reward strong play, and punish poor play. It just matters on how you want to play it.

The BooneyToonz series is expanding, and it's becoming necessary to have an open forum discussion thread for it, especially now that others on site will also be modding BooneyToonz games, so I'd like to have all the resources for BooneyToonz games in one spot, as well as a place for players in the BooneyToonz community to have their voice heard. I expect BooneyToonz to be forever evolving. This series will have almost “patch like” updates every now and then, which include switching up the Boon Bank Roles and adding roles to the Role Book.

Game Specifics
How Do The Setups Work?

Every BooneyToonz game will have the guidelines, post 2 on this thread, posted on the first page of the game thread by the moderator.

Essentially, this is similar to the old Normal queue, but with more of a themed twist.

Every game is allowed
Boon Bank role,
Variant role for Mini's, and
Variant role for Larges. ContraBoon'd roles are blacklisted from being in a BooneyToonz game. All roles from the BooneyToonz RoleBook are fair usage, and for the most part, this will coincide with any of the roles whitelisted for the normal queue.

Guidelines
Key:

BooneyToonz Rolebook: Any Roles.
Boon Bank: 1 role.
Variants: 1 variant for mini, 2 variants for large. These variants can be an additional Boon Bank role.
ContraBoon'd: Never acceptable.

WIKIPAGEBooneyToonz Wikipage

Boon Bank SubmissionsWanna submit a role to be put into the Boon Bank? Fill out this form, and I’ll add it to the page, and we can all talk about it!

Role Name:
Abilities:
Why should this be added to the Boon Bank instead of take a Variant spot?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Table of Contents
• Introduction
• Topics of Discussion
• BooneyToonz Guidelines
• BooneyToonz Role Glossary
• Mutations
• History and Updates
• Archive
Last edited by Boonskiies on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 29 times in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· Current Topics of Discussion ·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

These are topics that we should all talk about it. Feel free to bring other topics of discussion up, and I will add it to this post.

Shoutout to TemporalLich

TL’s done a lot of work making sure all the Wikipages are up to date. Helped make BooneyToonz significantly cleaner and more organized.

Boon Bank Role Submissions
Feel free to always give submissions for the
Boon Bank
. Boon Bank roles shouldn't be overly crazy roles, but good utility roles to help support the game, but since they are unique enough to not be fully expected, I like giving the option to still have them in the game. However, I would like submissions from you guys! Roles that are pretty unique, yet can fit into multiple setups. In the

Want to mod a BooneyToonz?
Speaks for itself. Mod a BooneyToonz game! Give a game name, a player size, any unique mechanics. Either PM or place it in the thread here. Pretty open for anything you wanna do as long as it follows the guidelines. I’ll help review if you’d like, or play in it.

Role Lists and Wiki Pages
Over time, we’ll try and transfer every role with links to the wiki page, and add all the new mutations. At the very least, everything available in the BooneyToonz Base will be covered here in some form.

Stats
I’ll try to put together stats and highlights…eventually.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:04 am, edited 15 times in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸ BooneyToonz Guidelines ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Guidelines Key:

BooneyToonz Rolebook: Any Roles.
Boon Bank: 1 role.
Variants: 1 variant for mini, 2 variants for large. These variants can be an additional Boon Bank role.
ContraBoon'd: Never acceptable.

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· BooneyToonz RoleBook ·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

These roles are free game. Any of these roles are acceptable within the BooneyToonz games. While a lot of these coincide with the Normal Queue, roles that have repeatedly shown up in BooneyToonz will show up here as well.

*If there is an unfamiliar role not found in the Wiki, check out the BooneyToonz Role Glossary.

Town Only

Vanilla Townie, Friendly Neighbor, Innocent Child, Juvenile Delinquent, Mason, Miller, Named Townie, Super Saint, Vigilante, Vengeful,

Mafia Only

Mafia Goon, Traitor, Named Scummie

Any Alignment

Babysitter, Bodyguard, The Brig, Buccaneer, Bunyip, Checker, Commuter, Cop, Detective, Disabler, Doctor, Enchanter, Finder, Follower, Fruit Vendor, Gunsmith, Herbologist, Hider, Inspector, Inventor, Jack of All Trades, Jailkeeper, Juggernaut, Lover, Magical Fairy, Messenger, Motion Detector, Modifier Cop, Multitasking, Neapolitan, Neighbor, Neighborizer, Observer, Psychologist, PT Cop, Renegade, Reporter, Roleblocker, Rolecop, Role Guard, Rolestopper, Role Watcher, Security Guard, Shield, StickyFruit Vendor, Superstar, Symbiotic, Tracker, Traffic Analyst, Universal Backup, Vanilla Cop, Visitor, Visionary, Watcher, Willbooster

Third Party

Serial Killer, Light/Dark Fairy, Survivor,

Modifiers

Activate, Announcing, Ascetic, Backup, Brave, Bulletproof, Combined, Complex, Compulsive, Confabulating, Desperate, Disloyal, Distracted, Enabler, Inattentive, Indecisive, Informed, Inverted, Lazy, Loud, Loyal, Macho, Motion Dependent, MUTATED, Neighbor, Ninja, Non-Consecutive, Oblivious, Personal, Procrastinating, Recharged, Reflexive, Roaming, Role Immune, Simple, Sleeper, Split, Strongwilled, Time Lapsed, Unconfident, Unwell, Weak, X-shot, Night Specific (Any form, Even/Odd/Novice included)

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· Boon Bank ·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

These roles are public roles, but are not free reign. One of these roles is acceptable-- if more are used, they will take the spot of a variant role.

Swashbuckler
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. If they are in a PT, and exactly one person targets them, that player will be killed. If they are not in a PT, you will die.

Interdimensional Traveler
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. Their action will now be delayed until the next night phase, and they will be informed of this. They will still be able to use an action the following night, but they will be unable to discern results of actions if the same ability is used.

Archaeologist:
Credit: Something_Smart
Spoiler:
Each night, you will passively target each player who dies that night. You will get a complete list of all actions they took that night and all previous nights, and who was targeted by that action.

Privateer:
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. If that player is targeted by any action, you will be targeted instead. If you were to die because your target was targeted with a kill action, you will take the killer down with you. On nights you use your action, any actions that target you will be rendered unable to be used the following night. They will be informed of this.

Thaumaturge:
Credit: TemporalLich
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. You will learn whether that player is exactly one of {Vanilla, Town} or not. Vanilla Townies and Non-Town Power Roles give a negative result, while Town Power Roles and Vanilla Non-Town players give a positive result.

Mediator:
Spoiler:
At night, target 2 players. They will be informed they cannot target each other on the next night.

Divine Protector:
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. You will render that player immune to any Non-Town Aligned Player's actions.

Omni-Fruit Vendor:
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. You will send that player an Omni Fruit and ‘It seems as if it can CURE DISEASE’.

Dreaming God:
Spoiler:
A Dreaming God has a collection of Named Abilities, but they do not know what they do. They pick one each Night.

Band Wagoning (Modifier):
Credit: Bingle
Spoiler:
Your action will target the player who was targeted by the most actions this phase.

❚█══█❚ ContraBoon'd ❚█══█❚

These are roles that are never allowed, not even as a variant role, however Extravaganza’s may use mechanics from this, a player cannot be the role themselves.

Non-Sane Cop, Blank Vig, Non-Sane or Quack Doctor, Cultist, Mafia Mason, Beloved Princess, Governor, Godfather, Percentage, Paranoid Gun Owner
Last edited by Boonskiies on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:05 am, edited 65 times in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· BooneyToonz Role Glossary·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

All roles that are not as commonly known outside of the BooneyToonz format will be listed here. A link to this Glossary will be posted in the BooneyToonz Guidelines, available in every BooneyToonz games.

Roles

Bunyip
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. You will learn if that player is Vanilla or Not Vanilla. If they are Vanilla, you will shield them from a single night kill. *Mutation VT or Not VT.

Magical Fairy
Spoiler:
• [Inverted Visitor] If your target is "away from town" or "in another universe", your action will still succeed, and you will allow all other actions performed on your target to succeed, even if it would normally fail from modifiers such as "Disloyal".

Symbiotic
Spoiler:
During the first night of the game, you must target someone by PM'ing the mod. This action cannot be prevented by any means. If this person is ever successfully targeted for a night kill, you will be killed in their place. If you and your target are not of the same alignment, all investigative actions that are targeted towards you or your target will fail. In other words, you and your target will be ascetic for investigative roles only. You will not be informed of this.

Enchantress
Spoiler:
Every night, you may target a player. You will force that player to commute, meaning any actions performed by or targeting your target will fail. If your target is not aligned with town, you will also commute during the night. You will not be informed of this. If you were to be roleblocked, your action will not go through.

StickyFruit Vendor
Spoiler:
At night, you will give your target a "Sticky Fruit". They will be informed that they have received a Sticky Fruit, but not who they received it from. They will be informed that they may pass it along the following night. Any player given a Sticky Fruit will be immune to all actions, EXCEPT for killing actions, the night they receive the fruit.

Renegade
Spoiler:
Each night, you may give a modifier (out of a given list) out to a player. This can be a permanent modifier or apply to only the current action.

Superstar
Spoiler:
May confirm Role publicly, but not alignment.

Willbooster
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. That player cannot be roleblocked this night.

Omni-Fruit Vendor
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. Send them an Omni-Fruit that CURES DISEASE.

Herbologist
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. Remove Miller from their role name.

Buccaneer
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. If that person is being targeted with an action, you will be targeted instead. If the action was a kill action, you die taking down your killer.

Disabler
Spoiler:
If you are targeted with an action, the player who used that action will be disabled and unable to use it the next night.

The Brig
Spoiler:
At night, target a player. You will jailkeep them and Neighborize them.

Juvenile Delinquent
Spoiler:
You will come off as Mafia to all Cop investigations. You are also a Cop Enabler, meaning if you die, all Cops will be unable to act. This can be just to a Regular Cop, or to all types of Cops.

Modifiers

Desperate
Spoiler:
Your action will only succeed if you target someone who comes across as Scum or Scum-Aligned. Mutation* If they are scum or scum-aligned, you will die.

Inverted
Spoiler:
If you target a player who is 'Away From Town' (Commuter), all actions toward that target will now succeed, even if it normally wouldn't (Loyal check on opposite alignment).

Recharged
Spoiler:
If your action does not go through, your action will be refunded.

Split
Spoiler:
If you can target more than one player, you must.

Third Party Minigames

Hunter/Hunted
Spoiler:
Hunter wins when the Hunted dies before a specific day. Hunted wins if they survive. The two are taken out of the game after the day is over. These are innately Third Party, and can be combined with other roles. If they have something not in the Role Book, they will be considered Variants

Light/Dark Fairy
Spoiler:
A play on the Hunter/Hunted minigame. The Light Fairy is a separate role while the Dark Fairy is attached to one of the other roles. Every night, the Light Fairy will target a player. If they target the Dark Fairy, they win and leave the game. The Dark Fairy will have some sort of punishment given to them or their alignment. Can be combined with other roles. If they have something not in the Role Book, they will be considered Variants

Mechanics

Disease
Spoiler:
A Disease effects a specific slot or role, and can be spread or cured.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· BooneyToonz Mutations·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

I will go into more detail for every role here on different acceptable variations and motions with specific roles and/or mechanics.

Note from Dr. Zayn E. Warpman
Spoiler:

Woah! Where are we? Oh, and in what year?
My name is Dr. Zayn E. Warpman, an Interdimensional Traveler researching the different Mutations throughout dimensions here in the Dovetail, my home of operations!
What? You haven’t heard of Mutations? Well, I can enlighten you.

A role is considered a Mutation when it’s similar enough to an established role, but with a slight variation. The best example of this would be Vengeful! Normally, a Vengeful player can Vengekill anyone after they have been faded. A Mutated Vengeful might only be able to vengekill someone who was on their wagon when they were faded.

Any Mutation that has been previously seen will be listed here in my journal!

If a new Mutation is active, a player with that role will have the modifier MUTATED attached to it.

After a New Mutation is found, they will be added here into Warpman’s Mutation Journal.

()_+_)()_-_) WARPMAN'S MUTATION JOURNAL ()_-_)()_+_)

Mutations
*Other mutations are acceptable, but it
must
be stated in the Role PM. If it changes the role to something not on the Role Book, it’s not a mutation, it’s a Variant. Mutations may later be added into their own slot if it seems like it should be relevant enough. Mutations can be listed on the Checklist if a new Mutation will be in the game.

MUTATED
- This role has been MUTATED, and is a different definition of a previously established role.

Desperate
- Like Disloyal, but works against Millers and similar. Mod may also make it so where if they would target successfully, like if they had a Disloyal modifier, they die.

Vengeful
- May be forced to shoot on the wagon that killed them or can shoot anyone.

Bunyip
- Can give results back for Vanilla/Not Vanilla or Vanilla Town/Not Vanilla Town.

Neighbor
- Can be part of the role or a Function of the role. It does need to be shown in the Role PM, but not necessarily in the Role Name. This keeps Vanilla Neighbors, as Vanilla Town.

Traitor
- Can be used as a role name or a general mechanic. This means it doesn’t need to state in their role name that they are a traitor for Role Cop purposes, but it
does
need to be shown in their Role PM, and should reveal on flip. They can be recruited by scum night kill or killed by scum night kill. This is up to the mod. They may also auto join Mafia thread if all members die. This should be added into the Role PM.

Superstar
- Can reveal the full role with or without Modifiers.

Interdimensional Traveler
- Can be built in loud or not.

Disabler
- Can be activated, role specific, or targeted. Can be informed of success or not.

Informed
- Can flip with Information revealed or redacted.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Boonskiies »

(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.·(¯`·._.· BooneyToonz History and Updates ·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)·._.·´¯)

December 2023This was a rather large role overhaul— all updates can be found on this post. Updated along Ausuka’s Normal Revamp.

September 2023
Privateer
added to the Boon Bank.
Mutation
Glossary added, and
Mutated
Modifier added into the Role Book.
Jester
and
Vanillaizer
taken out of Contraboon'd.
Indecisive
added to Role Book.

April 2023
Interdimensional Traveler, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler
added to the Boon Bank.
Suicide Bomber
has been taken out of the Boon Bank.
Renegade, Superstar, Symbiotic, Enchantress, StickyFruit Vendor, Magical Fairy
roles added to the Role Book.
Hunter/Hunted
and
Light/Dark Fairy
Third Party Minigames added to the Role Book.
Inverted
Modifier added to the Role Book.

Added the Role Glossary for roles that are undefined elsewhere.

December 2019
Suicide Bomber
moves from Role Book to Boon Bank.
Superstar
- May confirm their role publicly. Like an Innocent Child, but for confirmations of roles. May be force flipped pre game, optional when to flip, or Neighborhood specific. To the Boon Bank! Credit to TemporalLich.

4/24/19 UpdateAdding
Split
to the Role Book. *Modifier - allows combined roles to be split into two separate actions per night, rather than the same target, and is also Compulsive, so they must have multiple actions if they can.

Adding
Recharged
to the Role Book. *Modifier - allows blocked actions to be refunded to the user.

April 2019-
Named Scummie
has been added to the Role Book. Vanilla Townie to Named Townie, but the opposite with Goon.

-
Renegade
has been added to the Boon Bank. Like inventor, but they send modifiers to other players. this can be either for the player’s “next action” or permanently.

March 2019 Update- Adding Gamma Emerald’s
Desperate
modifier to the
Role Book
“If they return a mafia result to an alignment cop, your ability succeeds, otherwise your ability will fail (variation can also add ‘and you will die”
- Adding Gamma Emerald’s
Willbooster
to the
Role Book

“Targetable Immunize for 1 Role Block.”
- Adding
Inventor
to the
Role Book
. So long as every role the inventor has is already in the Role Book, else it takes the place of the Variant/Boon Bank slot (if Boon Bank Role is in the Inventor’s abilities)
- Adding
PT Cop
to the
Role Book
. “Result on if the target has access to a Private Thread or not.”
- Adding
Lovers
to the
Role Book
“If one lover dies, they both die.”
- Adding
Suicide Bomber
to the
Role Book
. “A suicide bomber may
Suicide Bomb: Target
to kill themselves and their kill target during the day phase. This may or may not end the day phase.”
- Adding
Juvenile Delinquent
to the
Role Book
“Essentially a miller, but it has the added ability of removing a Cop’s power once dead.”

*Lovers, Suicide Bomber, and Juvenile Delinquent were chosen to be added to the
Role Book
because they are pretty common roles for Face to Face Mafia, and I personally feel many setups can benefit greatly from these roles when balanced correctly.

December 2018
Bunyip
is moved from the
Boon Bank
to the
BooneyToonz Rolebook
, allowing the use of
Bunyip
with no restrictions in all
BooneyToonz
games.

Willbooster
, a role created by Gamma Emerald, makes its debut onto the
Boon Bank.

Spoiler:
You may target a player each night to make them immune to one roleblock.

October 2018
BooneyToonz VIII
marks the change of the BooneyToonz series and incorporated the BooneyToonz Guidelines into every BooneyToonz games.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

12/4/18 Updates• Added
Bunyip
to the Rolebook.
• Added
Willbooster
to the Boon Bank.
• Added an
Updates and History
section underneath
Players and Moderators
• Completed the BooneyToonz Archives. Every BooneyToonz game is now on record!
Named Townie
has been added to the BooneyToonz RoleBook!
Last edited by Boonskiies on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #16 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 15, Something_Smart wrote:Ego and might as well point out silly mistakes in the archive while I'm here :P
Broken tag in II
I hate to nitpick but the apostrophe in Five Weeks is hurting my soul
In VIII you didn't put me and instead just wrote Tchill twice. I mean I get that he's great and all, but come on...
Woo, fixed! I messed with Five Weeks late last night because I mixed some stuff up, and I guess I flossed over the rest of the stuff!

I actually noticed a good two more mistakes from this that you missed ;)

Thanks!! This is appreciated! Haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #17 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Sharp eye.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #24 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz IX ends with a TOWN Victory!!

I’ll update the archive and this entire thread soon!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #25 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

As soon as the Extravaganza is over, I’m going to update this thread.

Gamma Emerald’s Desperate modifier from BT9 is likely to join the Role Book for free reign, as I think it’s a pretty straight forward modifier and could work well in various setups.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #26 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

March 2019 Update- Adding Gamma Emerald’s
Desperate
modifier to the
Role Book
“If they return a mafia result to an alignment cop, your ability succeeds, otherwise your ability will fail (variation can also add ‘and you will die”
- Adding Gamma Emerald’s
Willbooster
to the
Role Book

“Targetable Immunize for 1 Role Block.”
- Adding
Inventor
to the
Role Book
. So long as every role the inventor has is already in the Role Book, else it takes the place of the Variant/Boon Bank slot (if Boon Bank Role is in the Inventor’s abilities)
- Adding
PT Cop
to the
Role Book
. “Result on if the target has access to a Private Thread or not.”
- Adding
Lovers
to the
Role Book
“If one lover dies, they both die.”
- Adding
Suicide Bomber
to the
Role Book
. “A suicide bomber may
Suicide Bomb: Target
to kill themselves and their kill target during the day phase. This may or may not end the day phase.”
- Adding
Juvenile Delinquent
to the
Role Book
“Essentially a miller, but it has the added ability of removing a Cop’s power once dead.”

*Lovers, Suicide Bomber, and Juvenile Delinquent were chosen to be added to the
Role Book
because they are pretty common roles for Face to Face Mafia, and I personally feel many setups can benefit greatly from these roles when balanced correctly.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #27 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Need some Boon Bank submissions.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #30 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 29, Nero Cain wrote:Where is that extra vote giver?
Vampire? Haha, I didn’t want that role in the Role Book for obvious reasons, but maybe it’ll make an appearance in the Boon Bank soon.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #31 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Boonskiies »

The First BooneyToonz Extravaganza: LAST NIGHT TOMORROW, ends with a MAFIA VICTORY!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #32 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Renegade will be added to the Boon Bank. I’ll update this as necessary as well.

Debating StickyFruit Vendor moving towards the Role Book, but maybe not just yet.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #37 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Hmm. I’ll take a deeper look into it, and see what I can work up in the lab. ;)

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #48 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

April 2019-
Named Scummie
has been added to the Role Book. Vanilla Townie to Named Townie, but the opposite with Goon.

-
Renegade
has been added to the Boon Bank. Like inventor, but they send modifiers to other players. this can be either for the player’s “next action” or permanently.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #49 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz X: Boonin’ It In the Slums ends with a
Boon Babes (Town)
Victory!!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #50 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

4/24/19 UpdateAdding
Split
to the Role Book. *Modifier - allows combined roles to be split into two separate actions per night, rather than the same target, and is also Compulsive, so they must have multiple actions if they can.

Adding
Recharged
to the Role Book. *Modifier - allows blocked actions to be refunded to the user.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #51 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Mutations
section added to go over different mutations of roles that aren’t quite ready to be there own role.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #54 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 52, davesaz wrote:Things are going into role book straight away vs. being tested as boon bank roles first?
Don't necessarily object, just curious.
Yeah, Split and Recharged probably should have been tested as Variants first, but some of the other roles I used a lot in Face 2 Face, so I saw them as decently normal and expected, and I was trying to differentiate from the old Normal Queue.

But you are right! They should be used as mutations or Variants. I would say Split/Recharged are mutations, though.

I wanted the Role Book a little more filled up, and now I think it’s solid.

Now let’s really start the BooneyToonz.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #55 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Lovers/Suicide Bomber for instance are used in a lot of Open Setups well for F2F, which is why I gave them the option of being there. They should normally be considered pretty out there, and if you aren’t me, I imagine you’d use them less bastard.

@SS - Ooooo, yeah, I’m going to add Archaeologist and Disabler to the Boon Bank.

This will replace Cleric, as Cleric’s a bit to niche, I feel, and someone can just use that as a Variant if they would like to use it.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #64 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Fair. You’re right...I’ve even been calling it BTX...LOL, I’m silly.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #72 (isolation #24) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 70, Jingle wrote:I'm up for helping the modding end of things, but I'm probably gonna be less active as a player for 3-4 months.

TM specifically I'd caution as a LOT of prep work. To pull it off well, I'd say start planning it now for the end of the year or early next year, tbh. There were a lot of issues last time, and quite a few of them arose from a bit of a rush on the organizational end of things as we tried to get the games ready and launched in time.
Yeah, that’s what I figured, which is why I wanted to start some prep now.

Regardless, I could do that BooneyToonz event on a smaller scale to prep.

But yeah, I personally would like another Team Mafia to happen, even if I’m not a player, so I’ll look into setting that up for late this year, early next year.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #73 (isolation #25) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 71, Something_Smart wrote:Careful, because now you've said you'll blacklist PGO and whitelist Reflexive, and that's a bit of a contradiction. I would whitelist Reflexive on the condition that it can't be a killing ability.
Damn. Yeah. I don’t like PGO WIFOM. I don’t think anyone does. It almost screwed me over hardcore in Overkill 2.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #75 (isolation #26) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Probably going to make a Poll to see if I should add StickyFruit Vendor into the RoleBook.

That’s my baby. Bunyip’s all grown up now.

Sticky Fruit Vendor has seen a decent amount of action now, but it could stay in Boon Bank.

I didn’t expect to use it ever again, and even debated straight up taking it off the Boon Bank when I started this thread. Mainly used it to fill space.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #76 (isolation #27) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 74, Lycanfire wrote:Wouldn't hurt to ask around and get a list of capable mods, check in and inquire on their availability, Boon. There wasn't a Team Mafia this year so it's basically open for anyone that wants to woo Zoraster. Anyone putting it together would have to haul ass to get one going before summer, and after summer we're going to lose people that are in school, and the holidays are always dead time. I doubt that anyone in specific is aiming to start one at the beginning of next year, but I'd be surprised if we go two years dry after the interest in 2018.
Hmm. Alright. I’ll see what can work.

I’ll message around.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #77 (isolation #28) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I’ve been spending a lot of time game designing lately. Something’s hit me.

My Death Note series is gonna be pretty cool, I think, that plays like Resistance, and it’s an Open setup, so it’s gonna be replayable, in theory, and I basically put all of it together last night.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #80 (isolation #29) » Sat May 04, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I have a few days off starting tomorrow, so I'll get to work on everything we mentioned in this thread the past couple days.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #81 (isolation #30) » Sat May 04, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Role PollShould
StickyFruit Vendor
be added to the role book?

• Since it is common knowledge what the Sticky Fruit does now, I think it's a rather simple mechanic and throws some confusion into the mix, but also allows for strong mechanical play.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #82 (isolation #31) » Sat May 04, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Boonskiies »

for some reason, when I try to make a poll, after I put in the options, it makes it so every option is duplicated like 3 times. Does anyone know why that happens?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #88 (isolation #32) » Sat May 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yeah, that could be something that’s brought up.

Checklist is pretty open to Mod preference. I generally like 3rd party to be may or may not rather than yes or no, but Extravaganza for instance, would have been a hard No. so yeah, that can definitely be added. Depending one the 3rd party having it known in the game could even benefit from that.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #91 (isolation #33) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 90, Jingle wrote:Player size?
Undecided at the time. I’m working on some setups, but I’ve been pretty busy.

I was thinking like 15 players in each game, which would mean a total of 30 players.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #100 (isolation #34) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Boonskiies »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #107 (isolation #35) » Fri May 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

May 2019
Suicide Bomber
has been moved to the Boon Bank. - Kill yourself and kill another at the same time during the day.

Reflexive
<passively targets who targets you>,
Complex
<only targets to PR's>, and
Simple
<Only targets to Vanillas> have been added to the Role Book.

Hunter/Hunted
is going to be going into the
Boon Bank
as a combination, since they don't work without each other. - 2 Third Parties going against each other where the Hunter tries to get the Hunted killed before a specific day. If they have any type of role attached that isn't in the Role Book, then they are considered a Variant.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #111 (isolation #36) » Fri May 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 110, Jingle wrote:
In post 107, Boonskiies wrote:Hunter/Hunted is going to be going into the Boon Bank as a combination, since they don't work without each other. - 2 Third Parties going against each other where the Hunter tries to get the Hunted killed before a specific day. If they have any type of role attached that isn't in the Role Book, then they are considered a Variant.
As clarification, they combine to make 1 Variant? What if the roles they have would be Variant themselves? Would they count separately as variants then? Is it possible for a Hunter/Hunted to additionally have another alignment? (A mafia hunter who only wins if they manage to kill their bp target before D3, for example.)
Nope. One can be a variant without the other. I guess the role itself is what's in the Boon Bank, but since you can't use one without the other, that's fair. I want it to be used more, and to potentially see if other people can figure out a cool way to use with them.

Yeah, that's possible. I'll reword it when I have the time.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #119 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

The Boon Wars have begun!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=79969

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #120 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Slightly updated the History of Games, not completely. I’ll get to it more. Just need to add the roles and the death logs basically.

Also, I’m moving back to all the games I’m modding going to be strictly BooneyToonz games a la Boonin’ It In The Slums, which was lowkey one of my favorite games I’ve modded.

The success of Last Night Tomorrow made me want to play with different mechanics and whatnot, and while I still probably will play around with some games, I’m going to start making sure I get more BooneyToonz games going, and that will start with my next game.

There won’t be any out of the ordinary mechanics. It will be a Classic BooneyToonz experience.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #121 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also, thoughts on taking out Hunter/Hunted and Suicide Bomber from the Boon Bank?

Hunter/Hunted saw its fair share of play this year, and while I think it’s a fun little mini game, it’s exactly that. A mini game, and it requires 2 extra roles as opposed to one, so I feel it should be taken out.

Suicide Bomber, NO ONE LETS ME GO THROUGH WITH IT IN MY SETUPS ANYWAYS!!!! That’s my thoughts there. Maybe we just keep it, just in case.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #129 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Boon Bank SubmissionsWanna submit a role to be put into the Boon Bank? Fill out this form, and I’ll add it to the page, and we can all talk about it!

Role Name:
Abilities:
Why should this be added to the Boon Bank instead of take a Variant spot?

I put this on the first page!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #143 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

There can only be one Boon Bank role in the game, save for variants, so I feel that’s a little more limited. I agree that it creates mod WIFOM in setup spec, though, but I think there could be creative stuff with it.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #144 (isolation #42) » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also...I did it, guys. I ended up designing another game...I’m going to /in to mod for it soon.

Classic BooneyToonz Experience, BooneyToonz flavor, SHAKESPEARE EDITION.

21p Role Madness.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #149 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

My next game is going to be a BooneyToonz Upick, which, ironically, won’t follow the typical guidelines of a BooneyToonz game, so definitely would like someone to mod another official BooneyToonz game. I wanna see someone really find a niche within the BT games.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #158 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Updated a little bit, I'll be modding a BTXIV in a few weeks, I'll likely just go along from where it was.

I think the choice of not staying to date with the Normal Queue is going to be the best choice, but the Role Book will continue to stay pretty standard.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #161 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz XIV:

A Little
Boonie Told Me[/color]

A 15p Classic and Simplistic BooneyToonz Game with complete original flavor from the imaginative and depressive diary of fictional character, Little Boonie.

PM to Pre-In, ready to run mid-November.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #163 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Well, full pre in list for BTXIV, if anyone wants a heads up when we go into sign ups, let me know. I likely won’t sign up until next week at the minimum. (Going away for my birthday weekend next weekend, will be back Sunday night), so I’ll go into sign ups on my actual birthday, the 9th.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #177 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:10 am

Post by Boonskiies »

April 2023
Interdimensional Traveler, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler
added to the Boon Bank.
Suicide Bomber
has been taken out of the Boon Bank.
Renegade, Superstar, Symbiotic, Enchantress, StickyFruit Vendor, Magical Fairy
roles added to the Role Book.
Hunter/Hunted
and
Light/Dark Fairy
Third Party Minigames added to the Role Book.
Inverted
Modifier added to the Role Book.

Added the Role Glossary for roles that are undefined elsewhere.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #185 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Note to self:

viewtopic.php?p=11466730#p11466730 - Will be considered sort of like a Version 1 of BooneyToonz, where in the future, I could take the guidelines from this game, and do a game with that set of rules specifically.

I will be adding some more Boon Bank roles after my game ends, and tidying some things up to get Version 2 running. In time, and I mean like multiple years, a V3 will likely come out as well.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #202 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I would probably consider it a MUTATED Vanilla Cop, so it can be worked around and added, imo.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #203 (isolation #50) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Gonna add Thaumarage or whatever it is, Mediator, and Divine Protector to Boon Bank.

@TemporalLich - would you mind writing a Role PM for Thaumatarage

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #205 (isolation #51) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yeah, i would count it as Mutated for sure. I’ll add em later tonight when I get to a computer

Thanks

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #209 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In theory, I can place it in the Mutations section as a Known Mutation. Known Mutations can be used without MUTATED in the role to help integrate, and if something is solid enough, it gets its own thing.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #240 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz Guidelines Update: V3

Role Change:

Made
Magical Fairy
it’s own role instead of being called Inverted Voyeur. It now acts like an Inverted Visitor. Magical Fairy should now take the place in combination roles.

Role Book Additions:

Disabler
Disables an action.
Buccaneer
At night, target a player. If that person is being targeted with an action, you will be targeted instead. If the action was a kill action, you die taking down your killer.
The Brig
Combined Jailkeeper Neighborizer.
Herbologist
- Removes Miller from Role

Boon Bank Additions:

Omni-Fruit Vendor
- CURES DISEASE and sends an Omni-Fruit. Added to Boon Bank. (Adding DISEASE mechanic to the Glossary)
Dreaming God
- Added to Boon bank.
Band Wagoning Modifier
- Your action will target the player who is targeted by the most actions that phase.

Collection of Modifiers added because of the Motion Detecting Roles:

Motion Dependent
 - Action only succeeds if the target has targeted someone else or been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector negative result)
Distracted
 - Action only succeeds if the target has not targeted someone else nor been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector positive result)
Oblivious
 - Action only succeeds if the target has acted (action fails on a reporter negative result)
Time-Lapsed
 - Action only succeeds if the target has not acted (action fails on a reporter positive result)
Inattentive
 - Action only succeeds if the target has been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector negative result)
Unconfident
 - Action only succeeds if the target has not been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector positive result)

Additional Added Modifiers:

Unwell
- Fails if targeting someone who is protected from kills.
Sleeper
- Mutated Backup, role is enabled when a pre-determined player dies.
Brave
- If player targets a player unaligned with Town, you will self-protect.
Procrastinating
- Can't act unless there's only 1 anti-town left. Opposite of Lazy.
Confabulating
- Action will only succeed if target is in a PT.

From the Normal Guidelines Update:

Modifiers:

Lazy
Personal
Strongwilled
Roaming
Role Immune

Roles:

Modifier Cop
Shield
Checker
Finder
Reporter
Inspector
Role Guard
Visionary
Security Guard
Role Watcher

Name Changes:

Changing Strongman -> Juggernaut
Changing Voyeur -> Observer
Last edited by Boonskiies on Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #241 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I will update all the posts on the first page as well right now. Probably will still have some technical stuff to work out on the front pages, but little by little.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #242 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz XVIII:

Lights, Faeries, Action!

Co-Designed and Reviewed by: TemporalLich and Bingle

A 9p Micro Experimental

All BooneyToonz Rules apply.

Plurality Voting

Town Faction:
Patrons

Players will vote to
Enlighten
one another. When a Patron is
Enlightened
, they will leave the game, and the
Level of Enlightenment
will raise by 1.
Patrons win when the
Level of Enlightenment
is 3.

Anti-Town Faction:
Dark Jester Troupe

Dark Jesters goal is to have the entire team become
Enlightened

If a Dark Jester is
Enlightened
, they will leave the game, and the
Level of Enlightenment
will decrease by 1.
Dark Jesters win when the entire Dark Jester Troupe is
Enlightened
Dark Jesters do not have a Factional Kill By Default. Instead, they have a collection of abilities that each Dark Jester can use.

EXT. DESOLATE WOODLAND CARNIVAL - BRIGHT, STARRY EVENING SKY

An eerie, slightly flat whimsical yet charming melody plays as the light fades in. A circus tent, dilapidated in color and structure, shows a desaturated red and white striped pattern.

Through an aisle of trees, lights flickering on and off from twisted rides spinning in both design and motion with hollowed empty shouts of cheer and terror fill the opening in the distance.

A row of hanging orange lanterns brings us to a circus tent, opening in the front to allow in guests, and inside a RINGMASTER talks through a shrieking megaphone stands in the center atop a star shaped podium, shouting to the hopeful short of a dozen crowd acting as an AUDIENCE.

RINGMASTER:
Welcome to the Carnival of FOOLS! What’s going to happen at the carnival? Well allow me, Colonel Boon Gambles to enlighten. We are going to take you on a journey through history of time itself. On this journey, you will be met with characters of all kind, good and bad. These characters will…ENTERTAIN you…GUIDE you…MURDER you….ho ho, don’t worry, that’s my little joke. They won’t
guide
you. But the Carnival of Fools can be a dangerous place. You never know who will be lurking…in the darkness.

The lights go out, and turn back on in a matter of seconds. The Ringmaster appears on a stage behind the audience inviting cheers from the crowd, amazed in wonder of the Ringmaster’s trick.

Close up on Ringmaster smirking.

Cut.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #244 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I like that one a lot. Might need to make it Compulsive in certain scenarios, but there's definitely ways to make that work in a bunch of different ways.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #246 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Let's try it. I'll add Band Wagoning to the Boon Bank for now, give it the option somewhere.

And then I was also looking into the Cologne Wars event from years back, and found Confabulating modifier, which makes it so your action only succeeds if your target is in a PT.

I'll add it to the update post up there.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Mafia Discussion”