no deadlines mafia [full at last]

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

/in

No deadlines, great idea.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Shoshin »

/out

Suddenly in too many games.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

Jeez, Varsoon. You really hate me, huh?

My record speaks for itself and it's not just Labyrinth. In my initial newbie game, I called scumteam on D1 and was named MVP. In American Presidents, I called scumteam on D2 after which I was nightkilled. Town went on to win. I played a key role in winning Supp Mafia, pushing lynches on scum from D2 to the last day phase, when we won. I lynched scum in the recent Epic game, after which scum used their sole kill in the whole game on me. I've won all my town games on this site except the one that you were in, where again I told you not to mislynch Irrelephant (you did), told town not to mislynch Reck (they did), and then got screwed by Nos trolling.

You really need to get over yourself.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

Nancy, I appreciate you defending me against Varsoon. If you want to play a game with me, I'm planning to sign up for a game with RC at some point in the near future. I'll let you know when.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 49, Varsoon wrote:Again, I'd like for you to work out the rougher parts of your play and, generally, be an easier player to engage with, because those are the things keeping me from fully enjoying playing games with you, which is the primary mode that I'll likely be engaging with you on this site. I think that if you were to work on these suggestions, you'd not just grow to be a much better player, but you'd also be more fun for others to play with as well, which would improve site morale. In general, I find very cynical players who consider themselves beyond reproach to be a negative force for this site--the most player-oriented replace-outs that I have seen have been due to players like that clashing with other players.
To be clear, I don't think of myself as beyond reproach. If anything, that's how I think of you. Why are you automatically right about the feedback you're giving me? Why can't I disagree, and why can't you be the one who is refusing to accept constructive criticism? After all, you're the one who mislynched Irrelephant, which was the main thing we diagreed about on D1...

I'm very self-critical and open to feedback. When I mislynch, I take responsibility, apologize to the player, and learn from it each time. I gladly welcome feedback on my play, and often seek it directly from players I respect. Players like Irrelephant think I'm too self-critical and that I hold myself to too high standards, because I do actually try to learn and admit to lots of bad plays that others often don't even think of as bad play.

Giving feedback, as you have condescendingly done to me since we first started interacting, doesn't automatically make you right about the content of said feedback. Some feedback is valuable, other times it's wrong. I agreed with many of your points about no lynching and said as much, in the endgame of TAZ, but I continue to disagree about your understanding of what causes and caused the loss in that game, as well as your inflexible rule-based approach to the game. I also openly admitted bad plays in that game (e.g. use of gold), said it was my worst game by far, etc. Never have I pretended I'm beyond reproach. I just disagree with YOUR specific feedback in certain cases.

I'm not going around telling players that they shouldn't put faith in you. I don't know your play enough. But you seem to be doing that about me, and that is something I take issue with, since you don't know anything about me other than that you disagree with me and now have decided I'm egoistic because I disagreed with your feedback. And apparently you think it's such a problem that you don't even want other players believing in me? Lol...

Return to “Completed Signups”