Most Infamous Mafia Games Of All Time?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 23, northsidegal wrote:
In post 22, Elsa Jay wrote:The worst part was I was ALSO in that as Bambietta.

I'm in 2 of the above mentioned games now. What is my luck.
hey, me too!

i was actually in some sense responsible for lucky's game becoming the fiasco it was.. (it lasted longer than team mafia!)
In post 22, Elsa Jay wrote:The worst part was I was ALSO in that as Bambietta.

I'm in 2 of the above mentioned games now. What is my luck.
Moral of the story, we are legends, gods amongst men
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Snakes of a Plane! was pretty infamously ruined by the moderator, bluesoul.

First, the game was rampant with moderator mistakes with vote counts, rules questions, absences, and so forth. He also actually locked the thread for a day in "observance" of "Snakes on a Plane Day."

Second, one role was the "Director" who actually had no loss condition (read: bad role). That player basically had knowledge of the set-up and nightactions, and could choose to "reshoot" scenes (i.e., cancel a night's worth of night-actions).

Third, the Mod then abandoned the game for four months. The Director took over moderating since they were the only one with (semi) knowledge of the set-up. This involved at least one replacement (me!) who could not actually get a role PM.

And fourth, at the very end of the game, when the game was down to 6 players, the Moderator returned (though he still did not send me a role PM). When we then dropped to 5 players on Day 8, as a "reward" to the Director for keeping the game running (who -- again -- did not have an alignment, and could not, in fact, lose), bluesoul then confirmed to the Town that the Director was "not a threat to the Town." In other words, in 5-player endgame he confirmed that one of the players who was legitimately up for lynching/vigging should not be lynched/vigged.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:14 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 21, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 20, Gamma Emerald wrote:That wasn’t a super bad game, just pretty broken
A Day 1
page 1 quicklynch
, a horrible
moderror
that resulted in the wrong mafia nightkill target, a pretty normal Day 2, until...
the moderror came out...
a dumb day 3 quicklynch, partially due to an unnecessary town lie about role...
then a
mod flaking
the game, and many MYLO situations with nokill and nolynch, within a second moderror(of the listmod who took over the game by then) and finally a
Day 18 Lynch
. Distribution of roles seems to have been wrongly handled too, but I don't know when.

And that all in a micro.
At least the game was theoretically interesting: it went and demonstrated a brand new way in which games could be broken, which I don't think anyone had previously realised was possible. So a) you can't really blame the moderator for that bit specifically, and b) it lead to new discoveries in Mafia theory.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 16, Creature wrote:Undertale mafia went pretty wrong.
As someone who had to experience that from beginning to end, I have to agree with this.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 am

Post by schadd_ »

mini 1970 had mobb deep in it
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

can't believe i forgot about this one

Open 666 (funnily enough) was infamously bad pretty much entirely due to the modding. Starting out with a 24 hour prod timer and replacements after only two prods, all you have to do is ISO the mod to see the ridiculous number of people prodded and replaced who were still basically entirely active – this only lead to more people asking to replace out as the game got near-impossible to follow due to the sheer number of slots changing hands.

Finally, a serious of
stunningly
poor mod decisions basically lead to town losing. Someone was modkilled for using spoiler tags, but that wasn't even the worst part – the mod didn't reset the votecount after modkilling someone in 4 player MyLo when someone already had their vote on someone else. What this meant was that scum could have theoretically quickhammered to just steal the game right there. The fact that the last scum didn't do that lead to him being falsely locktowned and scum quickhammering.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Creature »

We can talk more after you've played like 3 MU games
Sigh
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:56 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 30, northsidegal wrote:can't believe i forgot about this one

Open 666 (funnily enough) was infamously bad pretty much entirely due to the modding. Starting out with a 24 hour prod timer and replacements after only two prods, all you have to do is ISO the mod to see the ridiculous number of people prodded and replaced who were still basically entirely active – this only lead to more people asking to replace out as the game got near-impossible to follow due to the sheer number of slots changing hands.

Finally, a serious of
stunningly
poor mod decisions basically lead to town losing. Someone was modkilled for using spoiler tags, but that wasn't even the worst part – the mod didn't reset the votecount after modkilling someone in 4 player MyLo when someone already had their vote on someone else. What this meant was that scum could have theoretically quickhammered to just steal the game right there. The fact that the last scum didn't do that lead to him being falsely locktowned and scum quickhammering.
I only opened this thread to see if Open 666 was included.

If I remember correctly, by the time we got down to 7 players every single slot had been replaced at least once.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 13, Elsa Jay wrote:Drealm's Rocky Horror Picture Show...

Never forget it. It died so painfully from both Mod and Player basically killing everything.

Made me not try a Large Theme game again until recently. I also think Drealm disappeared after that game? I bailed the site around April before I made this account and restarted my journey.
Oh, yeah, I was in this game, and have no clue what happened. I don’t even remember dying. I think I was cult recruited super early.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Raskolnikov »