Song Contest 125 (RESULTS POSTED!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Eh, with parama not around let's try this song by song commentary (note this is just how I feel about the song based on my personal taste so, yeah)

Macau - I like this. It's pretty chill, the singer can well.... sing, the video isn't much, but we're rating the songs so... *shrug* I feel it could have a bit more punch in it, but I would never turn this off.
ImageImageImageImage

Hungary - A bit more punch than the last one, doesn't make me want to praise it endlessly, but is a pretty nice listen.
ImageImageImageImage

Belarus - Like the ballad, like the guitar, but it doesn't really hold my interest. Kind of reminds me of the islander by Night Wish, but with less feeling.
ImageImageImage

Lebanon - I like this, like a lot. I mean it's a bit weird that for the longest time I couldn't understand they were saying money in the chorus, but it feels like a bit more electronic and slower panic! So yeah, pretty good (Also love the video).
ImageImageImageImage

Slovenia - I really wanted to like this song. Like it's slow but appropriately slow, and pretty sad. And then the conclusion "and btw love ain't worth the heartbreak, don't do that." Which I can't get behind. The instrumentation is great though.
ImageImage

Qatar - Lol. A star for the chuckles, but nothing for the rest.

Micronesia - Has the right emotion and punch, but it's not always clear what the lead singer is actually singing. I can appreciate it.
ImageImageImageImage

Greenland - Okay now this is cool. Like really cool, like the Megaman theme, like the instument. Yeah this is pretty much perfect.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Hong Kong - Proof that music can be used for good in this world.

Spain - Honestly...just sort of bores me. It's a pleasant song but I can't get into it.
ImageImageImage

Liechtenstein - WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY, MY DAD TOOK ME, TO THE CITY, TO SEE A MARCHING BAND. Yeah I like this song a lot, definitely one I've heard a lot of. Wouldn't call it perfect, but damn near there, has power, emotion, and a strong singer.

Saudi Arabia - I like this, really gets through the idea of being distraught and in a situation you never expected with some strong instrumentation to go with it.
ImageImageImageImage

USA - ugh...I get why you may like this song but it's just a bit too...screamy for me and assaults my ears.
ImageImage

Djibouti - Solid, I mean it sounds like this guy really wants to be in Mumford and Sons, but it's pretty solid.
ImageImageImage

Kuwait - My song. I like Watsky a lot and while this isn't one of his "raps fast" songs I like the sentimentality of it. That and it's pretty catchy, so yeah.

Tanzania - It's alright. Pretty jazzy but not quite. I like that.
ImageImageImage

Ecuador - No...just no.

Ivory Coast - This song is pretty beautiful, but it also makes me want to sleep.
ImageImageImage

Portugal - It's alright. Still lacks a punch though.
ImageImageImage

Bhutan - The opening was promising but in the end it just wasn't my thing.
ImageImageImage

Sudan - Song is pretty strong all the way through. Knows when to switch things up and is a lot of shredding without becoming too long. It's pretty great, like really great.

Return to “General Discussion”