Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

My comments in
green
:
In post 1568, LabRat01 wrote:You even answered the read and I scum-read you for it later, so don’t tell me you just forgot about that now

Why didn’t you even mention anything about it being scummy back then if you’re so confident in it being “bulshit” rn? (
I've been highlighting your suspicious behaviour for a while now, but the recent stunts from you lot need to be called out for the bullshit they are.
)
And how is me wanting to lynch for PoE to heaven more scummy than you wanting to PoE a shitter to hell?
(
Are you seriously comparing my D1 reads to your D2 reads? Are you seriously overlooking the seriousness of sending scum to heaven TODAY? Today is differnet to yesterday. And tomorrow will be even more serious.
)
Don’t push me for something you didn’t even bother to analyze. You’re treating me as if I were confirmed scum and as if you “don’t even need to think if the stuff doing is scummy” which is just wrong
(
Please show me one sign of town motivation and I will listen.
)
-----------------------------------

YES, I do think that lynching “uncertain town” to heaven is a good idea
(
That is tactically naïve and backwards. I would never send my weak town/nullish reads to heaven. This is my first time playing this setup but I feel we need to play one day at a time. Send town to heaven and scum to hell - I don't think we have extra days to play around with.
)

If you just get rid of all of your strongest TRs, you’ll end up being completely screwed and surrounded by nulls late-game. That’s how it works in normal games, but it makes no god damn sense to aim for that in here, that'll just kill the discussion and harm you in the future
(
Who are these nulls you are talking about? We have enough discussion and players to form reads and make supported decisions.
)

If there’s scum in the strong-ish TRs, they will most likely screw up your reads and whatever interaction analysis you want to make during the game
(
So why not take one day at a time like I suggest? Send our town read to heaven - if he flips town good. If he flips scum, we'll need to reset and talk.
)

and if they’re town, they’ll just make you paranoid if they’re left alive till late-game
(
Scum can't night kill so this is not a point to argue. More bullshit reasoning I do not understand.
)

so while it’s risky, it should be often more beneficial than harmful

The whole point of lynching during the heaven phase is to get rid of town in a way that would help you sort people later. Being afraid of sending scum to haven is good, but it will only harm your reads in the long run.
IF you screw up and place scum among your heaven-lynch-TRs, you’ll have to play it safe and lynch solely based on the confident TRs later, but tbh IF you have scum among the super confident reads and the less confident ones at the same time, it would mean that the town is p much screwed anyways, regardless of how you play.
(
I simply disagree. We are in no situation where we can send are weak reads to heaven. Look at the current game - I feel you are either blinded or just persisting with this bullshit propaganda.
)

I do want to lynch volxen to heaven now. He’s someone I think is more likely to flip town than scum, but I’m not confident enough in the read to want him the be here in late-game.
Besides, there were a lot of people who TR him and some who TRd him very strongly since day-start, which was honestly kind of weirding me out. With support like that, if he’s scum, it’s really unlikely that he’ll ever get lynched to hell imo, which might heavily screw with the interaction reads, especially of those players who are TRing him so strongly.
And I really doubt that if he’s scum, the only ones who are TRing him so strongly are the mafia
(
I do not understand your reasoning. Plus, I feel it is driven more by scum agenda then town-motivation.
)

That’s not as perfect as I would like, but it’s still a lot more helpful than just getting rid of someone I’m absolutely confident that will flip town imo.
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:01 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 1573, Keyser Söze wrote:
labrat01 wrote:This is ridiculous, IF you thought that sending unsure town to heaven is such an obviously scummy, anti-town action, then WHY didn’t you say anything when people were discussing that earlier?
I have been talking about it constantly.
I don't remember you saying anything about that before SRing me for it at all
Your only response (I remember rn) to me saying that I want to PoE lynch is that you'd SR irre for Volx's scum flip, which tbh kinda felt to me as an agreement
if there's anything else you wrote about it being a bad idea, can you quote it please?
In post 1573, Keyser Söze wrote: I don't think Volxen is "unsure" town. He is a top tier town read for me.
It is you/Irrellephant/TW's read of Volxen that is
not compatible of how/when/why I would expect a townie to vote someone to heaven
and I don't care what's your read on volx. It could be a strong TR to you, but it's not to me. He has a lot of good content, but also makes a lot of empty, safe, townie-looking posts, which kind of ping me when I see it. I do think that there's more town-indicative stuff he's done, but it's not sth that I'd be confident in reading.
If you're confident in reading him, congrats! good for you
If so and if (besides volx's request not to lynch him) you don't care who you lynch among the TRs, then you shouldn’t have anything against vote him with to help me with that later, even if you think my vote is scummy

Is it ok with you?
In post 1573, Keyser Söze wrote: It is you/Irrellephant/TW's read of Volxen that is
not compatible of how/when/why I would expect a townie to vote someone to heaven

If you town read someone highly you present to us why they are town and why they should be sent to heaven.

That is not what I have seen from you/TW/Irrellephant in regard your reads for eachtother and Volxen. Your reads and votes have frankly been very suspect.

None of your votes co-relate to your reads.
You're generalizing my pushes. I explained my last vote several times and the previous votes were nearly always where I wanted it to be
Maybe with the exception when I didn't vote at all, because I didn't have time to get solid reads, but the rest should be good

If there are any reads you think I should elaborate on, then ask me. I don’t always explain my reads and usually don’t bother with writing anything about the ones I’m struggling on because I don’t usually get anything out of it and it takes me a lot of time to do it. It is not scum indicative

What vote do you think doesn't correlate with my reads?
And I'm assuming you still don't like my vote on volx because you seem to be writing that after reading my post about it
If so, can you comment on it? Why do you think it's wrong?
In post 1573, Keyser Söze wrote:Irrelephant's recent vote for you is the icing on the cake.
and yeah, tbh the vote left me frozen for a while
still want him to elaborate on me, but you already asked for it, so w/e
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 am

Post by LabRat01 »

sorry, I really don't have much time left, so I'll read it later

except the things I responded to, I haven't read past the post from 5 hours ago and it'll have to remain that way till I'm in a slightly better situation irl
just gonna post the things I haven't posted from the catchup yet and I respond to the rest later
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:04 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 1538, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1522, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 1489, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1478, volxen wrote:No please vote Dr. J, I want to stay to endgame.
In post 1158, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: volxen
In post 1347, the worst wrote:VOTE: volxen
Sick as a dog now, I'll be aroundish but kind of feverish and trying to sleep.
In post 1474, LabRat01 wrote:VOTE: volx

voting DrJ would be a total waste of reads imo. I really do like volx's latest content and there's no reason to get rid of lock-townies (DrJ) during the first heaven phase imo.
Satisfied with this lynch for today, prob not gonna switch unless someone manages to make me seriously paranoid that volx is scum
this is just pure shade
I was the only one who voted after Volx said he doesn’t want to go to heaven and even if I didn’t, you’re strongly TRing Volx, so how does that even matter?
It’s NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW I AM READING Volxen.
It’s how you/TW/Irrelehant are reading Volxen and voting him.
If I was in Volxen’s shoes right now I would be tearing into you lot even harder than I am.

If you just wanted to say that our votes are correlated, you wouldn’t need to repeat 5 times that volx said anything -_-
And if you wanted to tell volx to scream louder, saying that by quoting his posts is a weird way to go about it
Man, it’s not even important, just admit that it was shade
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:05 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 1540, Eragon wrote:it is wierd that lab voted a blue read instead of TW/Lab/Doc J
In [url=http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87441&p=2877398#p2877398]the previous purgatory game[/url], Eragon wrote:11. Rickdaily12 OllyRenard- If this isn’t obvious town then Idk what is,
Especially with all his talk about heaven phases and stuff, I don’t think Scum would make those. Scum would try to push the obvious town, but also town leaders into heaven where they are worthless
In [url=http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87441&p=2877875#p2877875]the previous purgatory game[/url], Eragon wrote:Also this is another game theory question: as rick said earlier, if we accidentally put one scum into heaven, it's not the end of the world, so I'm wondering for someone like Lukundo, even if I personally SR him, if the majority of the game TR's someone, if we put him in heaven, and I disregard the risk from My POV

discuss?
Your posts from your previous purgatory game. You were scum there, so I guess I shouldn’t rely on it too much…
but you seemed to have the same attitude towards heaven-lynches when you replaced in here, so what changed your mind rn?
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:09 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 1545, Keyser Söze wrote:
WHAT I EXPECT:

Townie scum reads a player. Townie shares why he is scum.

Townie town reads a player. Townie defends player, sharing why he is town.

Townie votes the player(s) they are town reading the most to heaven, and shares why.

WHAT I AM SEEING:

ImageImage

Now I’m gonna scum read that bullshit all day long.

Hey, you made your point, repeated it several times and you were prooob waiting for me to answer that, but there really isn’t a need to go that far
It may just be a game and I know that I shouldn’t take it personally because we’re all aiming towards some kind of goal, but even despite that, it just kind of… hurt

Just tone it down a bit, please
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:10 am

Post by LabRat01 »

I’ll answer Keyser’s wall later. I really don’t have much time left today, so just bumping that for later

But to answer the question, yes, I do still think that you’re scum. I’m not as confident as before, because tbh the vote change near EoD felt really close to a scumclaim to me before and now it’s a lot weaker, but I do still think that you’ve done a lot of stuff that doesn’t come from town very often
LabRat01
LabRat01
Goon
LabRat01
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:11 am

Post by LabRat01 »

In post 1561, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1448, LabRat01 wrote:A lot of keyser’s next posts feel like he’s honestly trying to change the townies’ opinions on him, so that he doesn’t get lynched in the next hell phase.

:shifty:

:giggle:
and btw, that was not a read, but an analysis for the sake of making another argument
Idk what were you trying to say in here, but that doesn’t really change anything
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1572, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1567, Irrelephant11 wrote:we should send volxen to heaven, in spite of himself
I simply do not believe this is rational town!Irrelephant:-

You want us to send Volxen to heaven... who:

1) You think is possible scum via Ausuka's theory:
In post 1530, Irrelephant11 wrote:bring volxen back toward possible-scum
2) Who you're town reading less than the worst

3) a read who is on the same level as ausuka and DrJ

P.EDIT:
In post 1569, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: labrat
And now you want to send LabRat to heaven, who was a null read a few pages ago?

Please share with us why LabRat is town.
I found labrat's argument of sending to Heaven someone you think is town but is not your top townread compelling, and labrat sits in that exact spot for me (as does tw). I think you and eragon are always scum before labrat, and that semi-clears labrat anyway just from the D1 wagons. Also, I hadn't caught up when I said lab was null - I find labrat's push of you genuine, the willingness to accept your better points towny (usually a way I figure out you're town, which I see very little of here, aside from allowing my volxen meta read to both influence your read of volxen and be a reason to scumread me :roll: )
In post 1573, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1568, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 1534, Keyser Söze wrote:Can we please call bullshit on all these TW top town reads...

Why don't Irrelephant and LabRat want to send TW to heaven today?

I don't believe those reads lists one bit. They're just tactically tiered. All bull shit.

I want both my top 2 town reads in heaven today.
I simply don't buy the sincerity of the read.

You do not vote your nullish/blue read to heaven. We send our fucking town reads.

Why is no one else calling out this bullshit?
This is ridiculous, IF you thought that sending unsure town to heaven is such an obviously scummy, anti-town action, then WHY didn’t you say anything when people were discussing that earlier?
I have been talking about it constantly.

I don't think Volxen is "unsure" town. He is a top tier town read for me.
It is you/Irrellephant/TW's read of Volxen that is

If you town read someone highly you present to us why they are town and why they should be sent to heaven.

That is not what I have seen from you/TW/Irrellephant in regard your reads for eachtother and Volxen. Your reads and votes have frankly been very suspect.

Irrelephant's recent vote for you is the icing on the cake.

None of your votes co-relate to your reads.

Mine do.
Eragon's do.
Ausuka's do.
Volxen's do.
Dr J's do.
I find it insane that anyone is listening to your idea that "the scumteam is everyone voting volxen for Heaven"
That. Makes. No. Sense. Your townplay is way better-considered, more thought out, and allows for wifom-y "Hmm maybe town can indeed play that way", sometimes to a fault. You're way too certain that I'm scum for basically no reason, ditto for the worst, and idk I think you're sheeping someone about labrat? You cam't seriously expect me to believe you believe any of these reads.

I'll townread Keyser when he scumreads eragon.

Keyser/eragon/ausuka
If I'm wrong on one of Keyser/Eragon the other scum is the worst playing one of his top five scumgames in real time
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Anyone think DrJ is scum?
Someone remind me the towncase
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1582, LabRat01 wrote:
In post 1561, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1448, LabRat01 wrote:A lot of keyser’s next posts feel like he’s honestly trying to change the townies’ opinions on him, so that he doesn’t get lynched in the next hell phase.

:shifty:

:giggle:
and btw, that was not a read, but an analysis for the sake of making another argument
Idk what were you trying to say in here, but that doesn’t really change anything
What if I told you:

YES, I am trying to change townies’ opinions on me

YES, I am trying to make sure I’m not lynched in the next hell phase.

Now, what if I also told you:

I did both these things as town.

Is that possible in your world view?

[You see, from my perspective, I need to balance on play whether you are posting from a confirm-bias disposition (townie) or whether you are posting to support a scum agenda. And right now, based on the nature of your read on me, your heaven phase behaviour, and your bad associations with my other scum reads, these point to the latter].
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1583, Irrelephant11 wrote:Keyser/eragon/ausukaIf I'm wrong on one of Keyser/Eragon the other scum is the worst playing one of his top five scumgames in real time
or volxen is scum with another scum pulling a lot of strings to fool me in particular, in which case it's always with one of Keyser/eragon/tw anyway, so I'll worry about that later
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1583, Irrelephant11 wrote:I find it insane that anyone is listening to your idea that "the scumteam is everyone voting volxen for Heaven"
Miss-rep of my frustration.

Eragon is voting Volxen I believe (?) but I don't think Eragon is scum.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1586, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1583, Irrelephant11 wrote:Keyser/eragon/ausukaIf I'm wrong on one of Keyser/Eragon the other scum is the worst playing one of his top five scumgames in real time
or volxen is scum with another scum pulling a lot of strings to fool me in particular, in which case it's always with one of Keyser/eragon/tw anyway, so I'll worry about that later
Basically everyone (but LabRat?)
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1583, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'll townread Keyser when he scumreads eragon.
You should have been in the thread at the start of D2 :giggle: (but I've since re-read Eragon's trajectory on Creature and his reactions to my playstyle).

It's your job to present a case for scum-Eragon though.
As I told TW, if you think he's scum. Show me.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

No, I don't think labrat or Dr J have much scum equity
I also don't think tw is likely to flip scum, he's just where I would go if another Hell flip surprised me
I also don't think volxen is scum, but if he is, he's the last one I'll catch

Stop putting words in my mouth, thank you
Also I'm pretty sure eragon is voting Dr J?

pedit: it's next on my list of to-do's, don't worry
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1581, LabRat01 wrote:but I do still think that you’ve done a lot of stuff that doesn’t come from town very often
Well if we play again (which I hope we do, because I have enjoyed our exchanges despite the heated nature of them, more my side due to my stronger scum read of you, I hope you don't think I'm a douche) use this as a
reference point
of how to read my town game. I don't do 'mafiascum town'.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

keyser how are your scum and town games different
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1590, Irrelephant11 wrote:No, I don't think labrat or Dr J have much scum equity
I also don't think tw is likely to flip scum, he's just where I would go if another Hell flip surprised me
I also don't think volxen is scum, but if he is, he's the last one I'll catch

Stop putting words in my mouth, thank you
Also I'm pretty sure eragon is voting Dr J?

pedit: it's next on my list of to-do's, don't worry
I'm putting words in your mouth because none of your reads, readslists or votes have made sense to me today.

At least we agree on Dr J (but I want to know why you don't think he has scum equity, just a second ago you were asking everyone to say why he was town) :shifty:

Have you even fully caught up?

This isn't you.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1592, Irrelephant11 wrote:keyser how are your scum and town games different
I'll discuss this tomorrow if I'm put to L-1.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I have indeed fully caught up, though there's a bunch of stuff I did not write a second time in my catchup after my computer issues. I would like to hear a full towncase for Dr J before I go deeper into my read there

None of your reads, readslists, or votes have made sense to me either :]

pedit: I'd prefer you discuss it now, please
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1583, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'll townread Keyser when he scumreads eragon.
If your read on me is based on this...

Thanks, but no thanks.

If you are town, I think you have an immense amount of work to do before I engage you again. You need to find me 3 scum [
Eragon, +?, +?]

Me masturbating over my self meta isn't gonna help you sort the other players, or improve my read on you.

Good luck.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

My read on you isn't based on that, no. I just wanted to see if it affect your read on him at all. Would've worked better if I had more towncred, as right now I'm not sure anyone cares what I think of their slot, since I'm basically consensus scum :roll:
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1567, Irrelephant11 wrote:we should send volxen to heaven, in spite of himself
You also townread Jekyll who hasn't made any such objections, is there any reason you don't want to send them to heaven?
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:04 am

Post by the worst »

The lack of rejection from the rest of the thread makes me wanna not send Dr. J to heaven. I don't think he's a wolf but I think scum want him heaven'd
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “Completed Open Games”