League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

really enjoying the rend stacking change on kalista, it's like the hurricane trick in minions waves to get the reset but all the time.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

of course ranked games are better than normal games. the quality of games is much better, but i prefer to be detached from my games. my ranked progress matters less than my ability to 'warm up' my mechanics. i easily lose 'warmth' due to work/commitments and it causes me to play a full tier below where i belong. it's really annoying to get crushed by golds when the games should 'matter'. to me the quantity of games i can play matters more than the quality, and if i'm not having fun i won't play at all.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2429 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

by the way if anyone wants to play some norms i'm usually on late night/morning on NA. i mainly play support or top. i'm going to try to get a hold of zoraster to get onto the club list but pm me if you're impatient.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i think i'm a google forms noob i tried to put in my username the other day and it wasn't letting me edit.

it's there now. don't remember my final divs for s4/5 those are my peak ranks for those seasons. so. many. failed. promos.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Lycanfire »

i think lichbane/thunderlord sona gives a lot of damage over a midgame teamfight, but if you're playing it like syndra that's wrong. you still need to glue to your adc (or mid if they're trash) and provide your healshields. beyond that redemption is super strong, especially having the heal shielding multipliers going through windspeakers. i don't think there's any middle ground where you want to build straight AP.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2545 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i play adc zyra in aram because you don't get focused if they see you never summoning plants

also, the two different lifelines of hexdrinker/maw and zeke's fervor or whatever that item is called these days do not stack. they might be named differently too.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i queue top/support or ad/support. when i get a guaranteed role i put it in mid for practice.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Anyone else here play top lane? How do you decide when you end your laning phase? I'm having trouble playing around low elo and I end laning phase 10-12min in. 25-75 I smash the enemy team, the rest of the time I end up trading back to parity, but it comes at a cost at letting my lane counterpart to ignore map and get back into the game. I feel like I take a complete 90° and kill my lane momentum. Maybe I'm too afraid to lose, but these are things I would used to do when I didn't suck at the game, so I'm going to be a typical solo queue player and blame my team for being unable to do anything with the small but real advantages I give them.

I don't really have the mental stamina or the free time to grind 100 games to knock sense into me. If you have a top lane hack, I'd like to know.

Currently I'm thinking Renekton is the best pick for me right now. Super good itemization right now, top lane carries are common in solo queue and he smashes them. Nobody counterpicks with Shen so you can blind pick and expect a winning lane. Only champion I've won with in ranked at least :roll:
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2781 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

report in postgame, hope for the best.

it is always, always optimal to dodge. trying to punish people would be enough deterrence, but since your average league player is selfish there won't ever be enough people to make that possible. i would dodge in promotions series as the single case is much better than the worst and likely case of losing the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2793 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 2783, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 2781, Lycanfire wrote:report in postgame, hope for the best.

it is always, always optimal to dodge. trying to punish people would be enough deterrence, but since your average league player is selfish there won't ever be enough people to make that possible. i would dodge in promotions series as the single case is much better than the worst and likely case of losing the game.
Dont you get a loss in your series for dodging?
yes, but you don't lose MMR for dodging. that's the number that will stop you from instantly getting demoted from some bullshit loss streak.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (isolation #10) » Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm working straight graveyards over the weekend and into next week. If my Saturday-Sunday shifts are 8 hour instead of 12 hour, I'll be off at 2AM instead of 5 and can probably pop on for some games.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

fully embracing the fnatic fighting spirit by spamming supports like camille and j4. winrate is pretty abysmal, but it's improving as i charge needlessly to my death less. i only ever enjoy league if i can playmake and shotcall since my mechanics have always been shit. being on a near suicide mission is effective in taking my team hostage which is preferable to being ignored if i play janna, the champion i had the highest winrate on before i became shit at video games.

i recommend it! if you need something closer to meta, malzahar still performs well despite the nerfs.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3014 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i abuse locket stoneplate really hard. plus i have much better results on j4. maybe because i've played him since s1. as for camille i sometimes shoot my web at enemies like an idiot when throwing it at a wall would be the difference between a kill and feeding a double kill.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3045 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Lycanfire »

duskblade is undeniably gold efficient (7000G empowered auto at level 9 for 300g cost of the passive?) but there's also the 'know your role' consideration of itemization. if you get botrk instead, self peel and land ten autos on the enemy tank i would consider that to be a better deal than hitting 700 damage auto on the enemy midlaner, probably placing you out of position to do if the situation was even available. on lethality jhin it's a fine item-he's a spellcaster and doesn't mind having one of his limited first rotation autos being empowered. that's an item that makes sense for him, and he has self peel anyway.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3064 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:43 am

Post by Lycanfire »

one day i'll get into the mafiascum club

maybe i'll annoy zoroaster some more
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3076 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Lycanfire »

The website says it does.

The new honor system is pretty good. Makes people think about the game instead of hit play again. I think meta analysis is good for the game. Both for personal results and for how players perceive teammates, and how the first person isn't the only part of the 'team' (which many League players seem to think.)

It is really easy to get honor rewards though. Just by making plays I get 'shotcaller' x2/3 or winning lane with my adc a x1 gg. I don't think I've legitimately shotcalled a game in years.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3078 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Nami is REALLY REALLY hard to win with in ranked. Back in S4 I had 70-80% winrate on Janna, Braum, Leona, Morgana, Zyra and a few other supports but I think(??) 47% Nami winrate with a 6 KDA. Something really low like that.

Outside of laning you have very little impact on the game with Nami. I can still remember some great Bubbles I've had, but that's really
all you have

Morgana on the other hand is a great support to play. She's very rewarding when you learn how to aim her Q... You probably won't for awhile in bronze though. Nobody bothers to dodge in low elo, so just aim straight. In gold or higher you'll need some movement prediction.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3081 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Lycanfire »

It can't get more worse
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3083 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Movement prediction isn't just flash prediction. It's predicting how someone will move and not necessarily with the intent to dodge. There's typical prediction which I can't put into words - it's a learned skill. It's how people
usually
move. When they go up to CS. When they weave an auto. When they move to trade. How they establish their zone of presence and where they put it. Where they are comfortable being in the lane. This is your basic skill which is as natural as your opponent's skill. The difference is that you need to be conscious of it in order to improve it.

Then there is dodge prediction. The enemy knows you want to hit them, and they move with the idea of being ready to dodge. These are jerky-movements. The best example is when someone is in transit between two points and your skillshot is being sent to them. They will jerk to the side away from it, and it's your job to predict that they will do that and aim it slightly off. Not enough to make it a miss, but to hit the point between A and B where they will make the jerk movement. Ideally your shot is both subtle and accurate enough to hit through all three points (start, middle, end). This can happen any time, but I'm trying to establish a scenario where the champion is already in movement.

Lastly there is singular prediction. It's unique to your opponent. They will move in their own ways independent from other people, and while they share similarities they have their own pattern. They might always move back, and never take a trading stance after taking a CS. This is unique to their playstyle. Some players might favor a certain warding pattern and only hold the same positions in a lane as a result. This is like a player's DNA.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3088 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Received a double key drop when I logged in this morning and reached level 3 honor a few games later.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3094 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

What do you do when an adc you played with keeps adding you every day

It's very easy to keep hitting decline but maybe I should let them know that I'm not interested?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3114 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Just unlocked my first tier 7 achievement. Cost me half of all the blue essence I've accumulated since the beginning of crafting. I have easily a dozen champs I'm receiving tokens for. Little ridiculous.

I think I've spent enough on this game (200$ or more). It always begs for something.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3117 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Lycanfire »

okay i won't actually say how much i've spent. it's much more than $200 apparently...
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3142 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3135, Andrius wrote:Level Four Honor has cool(er) flair but otherwise no difference in key drops.

Still have more chests than keys at this point. Haven't seen an Honor Capsule yet.

back when keys were per win i was still going through a league grind and had 20 more chests than keys

peg the payout to a random amount of wins (9-50) for a fragment. change the perimeters each week so people don't get suspicious while still limiting payout.

something i noticed is that the fewer games overall you played, the more keys you would get per win. so if you were profiled as a lower activity player payout would begin sooner. call me conspiracy minded but there were two levers in place to limit payout.

as for the new system i have no idea how it works now. i think you get more key fragments overall, regardless of how often you play or how much you win. i think the key drops are more normalized in payout. maybe riot realized happy people buy more-i find when i'm stressed out, i hoard money. when i'm happy i don't bother looking at the price of what i'm buying or bother looking at the receipt. if market researchers are finding that out, then it's a welcome change. i don't want to feel stressed out all the time.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3199 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Lycanfire »

this is out of date but i feel like it has more to do with overall champion power than how they plug into the meta

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... g&sle=true

related: has anyone managed to fix the one key lee sin ward hop hotkey in the config file? it broke for me last year and i've gone through a painstaking process to fix it and have been unable to. at least there's practice mode now if i ever wanted to stop being bad at lee but losing that alone severely hit my performance with him.

also i just logged in and received what seems like an honor summoner icon (has the legacy 4 honor icons). still only at honor 4 at the moment.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3202 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3201, RayFrost wrote:Does that mean I should stop my current "it's nearing end of season, let's start climbing for real" aim toward diamond
the problem with doing this is that you get all the tryhards doing the exact same thing. makes for unenjoyable games.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3249 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Reached level 5 honor on live.

I finally got into PBE. Thanks Andy. I applied years ago and I stopped checking my gaming e-mail for awhile and realized a few months ago that they reached out not too long after my application. woops.

ARAM on PBE is great. Every champion is in the free rotation. No bullshit ARAM accounts. downside: you can't estimate your ARAM mmr by how many ARAM accounts you get matched with.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3453 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

So The Art of League (of Quas and Jiji fame) exposed 1000s of customer emails in the CC field and as a result gave everyone involved all their ebooks free.

I didn't notice until the second email. Great gesture.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3557 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i have no clue what the new mastery/rune system is supposed to be like and have only used presets

being a casual is surprisingly okay
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3562 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Finally unlocked all heroes after 7½ years of playing. Had four blue orbs from some event that doesn't make the game any more fun which totaled 40k blue essence. Whatever that is supposed to be.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3618 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

league name is now my mafiascum username. maybe that'll make it easier to get random invites. i used to be decent once. hmu Lycanfire#6327
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3763 (isolation #31) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Pyke is as underwhelming as anyone would think. I only messed around him in a custom game, and thematically he's great, but his problems are obvious.

-Q is clunky on tap. Makes old rengar q look like butter.
-He's dead on arrival if his gap closer doesn't see him through. His stealth should grant him more movement speed.
-Scaling sucks, base damage on e also sucks.

I mean, his ult is amazing. The damage at level 11 is enormous. It's a gapcloser that also ignores shields(??? though it doesn't say so in game). Super solid ult.

The fear is that he would be a roaming Thresh, but I think he'll be laughed at in lane. Just last night I was juking Blitz q as Nami all game and BMing the poor soul for it. Q is not only predictable, but projected.

Q should be always tap, and if it pierces a champion, send a jet of water through them smacking any champions behind them in a line for reduced damage. Up the stun on e.

or: make him stay stealthed while winding up Q. it's the only hope he has of ever landing it.

or: give him a zoe trickshot.

His clunk is what will work against him. I don't think he'll even work in a kill lane as is.

Now Zyra.... My most played. Much appreciated buff on her e this patch.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3815 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Lycanfire »

If you int like it's your job, the honor system showers you in keys and honor capsules even if you're getting no honors compared to 1-2 honor a game.

Just thought I'd share my observation based on my last week.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3830 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I quit. Life is good. Game is literal ass. Everyone that plays is underage and refuses to listen to their team.

I did a self-evaluation and realized I began dropping off my peak in 2015 because by 2016, everyone realized talking to their team leads to being toxic and therefore banned, and the passive-aggressive meta started. League players have fragile egos and are no longer capable of winning games outside of laning phase. If given the opportunity, they would play a laning phase only game so they could say they did well, or finally have a game they "won" and be satisfied by the game. This behavior makes it harder to keep a team together in the midgame.

Back in 2011-2015, if someone on the team was shotcalling, regardless of what spats people were having with their team,
they listened
. A shotcaller was accepted as a team role and the team that had one would win the game. Now it's acceptable to say "I need farm", not group to the point of losing the game, which is probably intentional these days (if you do anything else, you get banned), because if you lose lane, you totally need to complete an item, since even if you outmacro the enemy team, there's no way you can win a 5v4 or whatever the fuck goes on in some peoples brains.

I miss old League. My mechanics are ass, but I used to be so good at macro.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3833 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3831, Draynth wrote:I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but the way you phrased literally all of the above leads me to believe everyone else isn't the sole reason you're not enjoying the game anymore
The last thing I found enjoyable in League was playing Zyra, but she's legitimately not viable with Brand being a god tier support. The options are banning it or playing Soraka or Karma every game, maybe Morg, and I like Morg, but I half pick Morg to win lane, going for pick potential never ends well. Brand is a great ban, but then you miss out on Aatrox and Wukong, or at least you did, they were supposed to have been nerfed in a recent patch.

In my last games I was basically suiciding and 1v1ing everybody with Zyra because that's what the meta is. Regular League is basically URF. An arcade game. 30 minutes of your life per game is an arcade game. Not worth it.
In post 3832, PJ. wrote:Hate to break it to you, but "shot caller" has never been a role or a thing in solo q unless you were/are the super fed guy. No one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius"
Plainly not true. Shotcaller was a thing, and people would ask for someone to make calls if nobody was making any.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3836 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion. I'd participate in dick waving with you, but I'm sure you'd just call my peak rank bad, because you're a troll.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3838 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Dying even once on a support like Nami or Janna is awful. I had been doing it spades this season, but I used to be really hard on myself, and I remember rarely dying even once on Janna. That's what supports should strive for if they're backline, because that's how they will climb.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3857 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Finally got my data. Apparently I'm more toxic than everyone I've been matched with in the past two months / 330 games put together.

Except, you know, I'm not.

There's nothing interesting in the data and isn't worth waiting a month for.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3861 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3859, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 3857, Lycanfire wrote:Finally got my data. Apparently I'm more toxic than everyone I've been matched with in the past two months / 330 games put together.

Except, you know, I'm not.

There's nothing interesting in the data and isn't worth waiting a month for.
In post 3815, Lycanfire wrote:If you int like it's your job, the honor system showers you in keys and honor capsules even if you're getting no honors compared to 1-2 honor a game.

Just thought I'd share my observation based on my last week.
thinking_emoji
you act like i was running it down mid instead of stacking 8 seeds with a pink ward in a bush with zyra every two minutes

my point was that the honor system gives you stuff if it detects you've had "rough games" so you don't quit

or maybe i really did commit hate speech twice as much as i reported other people for it :thinking:
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3864 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3862, PJ. wrote:I had you pegged as a hyper bad, hyper toxic low elo support, so riot is reaffirming my opinions of you, therefore the stats panel must be great
Look dude I peaked P1 with support, jungle, and top simultaneously while role switching to mid so I wouldn't be such a mechanical potato in 2014. I did the same in 2015 but with ADC before I experienced burn out.

Please tell me more about how you went from a "gold-lifer" to plat in 6000 games.

Somehow you're managing to take offense to protect whatever fragile ego you have because you think I mean I reached this level with "bad" or "bronze" or "silver" or "gold" or (whatever elo you are) mechanics. My mechanics were bad because they weren't getting better. That's all there is to it.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3958 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Lycanfire »

People max out heal then do something stupid like put points in E so they can proceed to do nothing besides ult with a minimum 15s bubble. It shouldn't take any longer than level 10 to max bubble. Stats say Nami players across the board tank their winrate midgame, and it only gets worse the later it goes, probably because they never bubble and therefore can't land them lategame either.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3966 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

W into E was something I used to do. It got me a nice KDA. I would win lane. I would never play Nami unless my ADC was Lucian for the double E hits / to totally shit on the enemy team.

If all you have is an ult and some dubious buffs for your team, you're really lacking in agency to impact the game. Sure you can throw down crucible or something, but you could do that as any other hero. I'd find myself making really poor ults and that'd be it for the fight.

I've noticed a much better midgame with a decreased Q CD. Your laning should be strong enough with 2-3 points into heal. E doesn't really do anything in the grand scheme, unless your ADC is some god that can't be touched to begin with. Yeah, you could just be good at landing the one bubble you get in a fight, but not everyone is on the level SSB Heart was, and if you get two you can really ruin somebodies' day.

I feel the same way about Braum. There's not much for you to do on your own: either your ADC is a god and you never leave them, or they aren't and you suddenly have to decide whether you're better somewhere else. Falling behind on Braum feels like shit. Again, this is a hero I would only play with Lucian, to doubleshot Braum's stun passive.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3988 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

nos4a2

go into a bot game with a top tier jungler like xin zhao. farm the jungle. farm lanes. whenever you can be arsed, go collect your free kills

when you get the score screen realize you can do the exact same thing in your ranked games. your teammates aren't collecting those resources anyway.

i wouldn't bother with splitpushing to climb. it has the general idea right (gold is good) but you're severely limiting your ability to farm the enemy team. pick a hero that can one shot people once you start getting resources. these are your annies, akalis. junglers would be your lee sins, your rengos, your gragases.

tierlists are really silly, but they serve as a good guide for the value you'll get out of learning a certain hero. for instance, if you're in bronze i wouldn't tell you to play lee sin or graves, i'd tell you to play xin and j4.

LS' tierlists used to not be shit but you get the general idea: https://i.imgur.com/0tazN4Z.jpg

if you're really insistent on splitting i can reinstall for the second time in a month. i've got a level 29 meme smurf i only used to dick around with lee sin/vi on, so we could do norms or ranked if you want to shit fury on people.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3997 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Just got back into playing for real and not just ARAM

Impact worlds meta has had on me:
My junglers are contesting everything which is leading me to roam a lot
As a result, my support item completes much later than usual
I always had >>> 1WPM, now I think I'm just under 1WPM
Buying a lot of pinks, 10+++ a game. I used to be pretty stingy with them, like "this pink has been behind their red for 15 minutes and has offered great information, I'm not going to re-place it just to clear a ward!" or, "well MY ward is still up and nobody else is buying pinks. i'll just tell someone else to do it". nope. buy the pink. it's so oppressive to have 2-3 and just sweep the enemy jungle. I can feel the enemy dying inside
I've been finding that I have a lot of spare money as support, as itemization has become a lot easier in the current support meta
Last edited by Lycanfire on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Supports literally only want one thing and it's fucking disgusting

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3999 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Here's the thing. You said "no one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius". Here i am tracking down a d5 jungler from lv1 and mercilessly ganking him and making everything he does pointless as support Taric.

Are three of his teammates gold? Yes, no one is arguing that. As somebody that studies crows, I am telling you, no one calls the P5 Teemo a crow. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.

If you're saying "shot caller has never been a role or a thing in solo q" you're referring to the queue where three of my unranked teammates listened to my calls and executed my plan.

So your reasoning for calling a jackdaw a crow is because random people "call the black ones crows?" Let's get grackles and blackbirds in there, then, too.

Also, calling someone a hyperbad toxic support or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A jackdaw is a jackdaw and a member of the crow family. But that's not what you said. You said a jackdaw is a crow, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the crow family crows, which means you'd call blue jays, ravens, and other birds crows, too. Which you said you don't.

It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?

go to Deploy\League of Legends.exe, make a shortcut of the .exe then drop the .rofl file onto it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ncr5cl5 ... .rofl/file
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4001 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Lycanfire »

This patch Riot learns that the thot skins are a bad idea because the lighting on the splashes are all the same

Most boring club ever
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4006 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i used to love doing lv1s like this back when thunderlord was a thing

https://giant.gfycat.com/WastefulOptimi ... nbill.webm

irelia was pretty angry in postgame
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4010 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Lycanfire »

in my experience end of season is filled with elo boosters and ragers

runes are usually something like:

Keystone - Precision
Press the Attack (my name is Lucian and I attack twice) - Fleetwork (sustain, MS) - Lethal Tempo (wearing carry pants)
Overheal - Triumph. The choice is mostly based on whether you're a bork user or stormrazor user. pros apparently use whatever they chose last game, because there's no logic or sense based on their choice.
Alacrity. The base bonus without takedowns is undeniably good. Banking on a rune for tenacity is a bad idea unless you're jungling and can expect a good KP.
Coup de Grace>Cut down. The logic here is that cut down sucks in lane, and ending a kill is better than somebody getting blasted with a final rotation of skills before the kill goes down. Cut down with stormrazor is probably the best this rune will ever be due to the frontloaded damage of the item. Last Stand is a Tryndamere rune. I've used it in ARAM as Kindred before at least? Nobody uses it in real games though

secondary (anything goes, almost)
Inspiration is good for the raw stats, but with the stopwatch nerf it isn't worth it for ADC anymore.
Domination is probably underrated, but it's hard to justify it over other trees. Off the top of my head Cheap Shot + Ravenous Hunter on Ashe should be really good, which I base solely on the insane cheap shot numbers I get as Zyra. Ghost poro can protect from ganks, which is good if you're the only naturally pushing lane. Ravenous hunter is pretty decent, 8+40=48MS. Downside especially for Ashe: her base HP sucks compared to other ADs. I laned with an Ashe the other day against a Jhin, and the power creep was real.
Resolve is the second most used by top players. Bone plating+Chrysalis for the level 1 and free stats later on, or Bone plating + Second wind if your shit is going to be pushed in all game. This is really just a 1v9 secondary
Sorcery. Most used by just about everyone. Pros usually go Absolute Focus / Gathering storm, everybody that isn't a pro probably benefits more from Celerity over Absolute Focus. There's a small but real lv1 disadvantage if you go celerity, though. Varus goes manaflow band with a q max. I usually roleplay as an ADC instead of a caster and use the more reliable E max, but hey, pros go manaflow regardless of what they max, so it must be good. 3 different KR mids recently got autofilled to bot and all of them went comet with a Q max, so you don't need to right click as Varus to win in KR challenger.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4013 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm in http://na.op.gg/summoner/champions/userName=Lycanfire

I can't seem to figure out how to configure my headset to use my headphones for output while using the headset for input without also using my headset for output. I'd prefer not to hear the game in worse quality than a 90s phone call, so let me know if voice is a deal breaker.

Cut off seems to be tomorrow with the games being played through the weekend.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4015 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm either playing it or not playing it. I care about winning but I won't expect to.

Can we get 5 by tomorrow so we can assign roles? If I'm outside of bot lane, I need to spam a few games to get the rust off. We get subs though, so we can have more than 5 and sit people out if they have rl or need a break.

Reck-??????
Lycanfire-bot/sup
Zor-top/bot?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4018 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Enemy teams get to scout you for five minutes before pick and bans, so you need more than one champ
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4020 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Most valuable roles rn

-Jungle
-Mid

In about that order

I suppose I could bot with Psyche and if he draws a Heimer ban we can switch roles, but he should really put some time into a similar hero like Swain before the weekend.

What do you play Reck?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4022 (isolation #53) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I
think
we need a team ready by 6PM PST or just over two hours from now in order to be 'in'.

I'm guessing we're 'out'.

If we get a fifth we can still q as 5 so we have an idea of what a team would be like next time.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4023 (isolation #54) » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

had a cameo in a horror movie this evening

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331269113?t=01h28m40s
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4024 (isolation #55) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Lycanfire »

best part of playing zyra is that you can do this and solo carry if the person playing bot is an asshole

https://giant.gfycat.com/TenseBogusCricket.webm
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4034 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Just had a throwback ARAM game with Kayle using the S3 liandry build.

I'm happy about the Kayle rework, but the Morg one is definitely going to fuck with me. I'm betting that they try to make her a more useful waveclear mid and will completely miss that the reason why she is not played mid is not because she is not useful, it is because she can never do a crossmap play or roam faster. Mid Morg does and will have to take TP. Only way around this would be to give her some tower smashing passive, which you could make the case that she becomes a playmaking version of Ziggs.

Some gimmick like "spreading torment" by being LoL version of Zerg would be cool, but would never work unless Riot wants to go to the trouble of making Taliyah's worked ground come up in some neon colour on it. That would give her a reason not to leave lane if she can instead make a super buff area for herself later in the game.

Realistically her Q is going to be capped at 2 seconds and will have her E broken by removing immunity in exchange for some sidegrade W, new passive and VU. Stomach acid is acting up at that thought of what they're going to do.

I think this is coming in the next patch with Renekton VU assuming it's the preseason patch and not another money patch
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4036 (isolation #57) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Galio+Miss Fortune bot is some kind of bullshit ngl
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4040 (isolation #58) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

i can't give advice on not playing off meta champions considering i've been mainly playing support trundle, mf, and zoe this week

4fun region
Last edited by Lycanfire on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4041 (isolation #59) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4048 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Few things probably make or break her like whether Q+Auto triggers electrocute and how exactly W works. From what I'm reading it seems like you should get the bonus movespeed on your third attack, not from stacking onto an enemy. That's about the only way she'll be making her low range Q work, but it telegraphs the play.

I think she'll be a skirmisher/wave clear mid. Q is on a low CD but with a high mana cost. A support will be more happy with someone like Karma which has basically the same Q early in the game and meaningful 0CS utility. She could work to support Swain, but Swain is the chad of bot lane and anybody works with Swain.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4050 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Only Chroma I've bought that wasn't the ones Riot decided to give me was Pink Shockblade Zed. Because I thought being a bright pink ninja was well representative of my Zed play.

Picked up a few on this sale:

-Sweet Bubblegum Zac
-Ruby and Pearl Warlord Shen. I liked the Ruby armor but the Pearl flag more.
-Catseye Mecha Zero Sion
-Obsidian Officer Vi
-Ruby Predator Rengar
-Amethyst Meowkai
-Cream Nemesis Jax
-Pearl Popstar Ahri

I think base Arcade Miss Fortune is better than all the chromas for it
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4054 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

They should be but they aren't. The bulwark buff is a joke.

My latest Malzahar game involved roaming mid and top just for the sweet cash money. I recommend everyone play Malz and cash in while they can on these weak ass towers.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4061 (isolation #63) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Played Fleetwork Nami today

Doubt the damage or shielding from Aery would have affected the game nearly as much as the movement speed did. There were two critical moments at least where fleetwork led to outplays.

Also helps that my AD was Jhin, so censer and Nami E/Aery Shield wasn't a thing that mattered.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4063 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Lycanfire »

you and everybody else

ImageImage
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4126 (isolation #65) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Lucian is a much better win lane champion for low elos. If you can't pull off the "I got a 20csd at 15 and first tower so I won lane" shtick with Cait and Ashe you lost lane by default. Why put yourself through that? Lucian gets outranged, but if you suck with Ashe and Cait, then you're not going to get punished by people you play against. He has mobility, unlike Ashe. He has an auto that doesn't take 5 years to animate, unlike Cait. Lucian builds whatever the fuck he wants. Crit path. Bork cleaver. Ghostblade rush to force an early surrender. Ashe gets to choose between building IE before or after GA. Cait's best build is only possible because adc itemization numbers are busted.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4128 (isolation #66) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Lycanfire »

spiky sword and a bunch of double swords
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4130 (isolation #67) » Sun May 12, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Since the alternative is a snowflake on hit build

actually yes. only thing that is missing is wits end/malady kogmaw.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (isolation #68) » Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Ashe is great, but my point is that you need to scrape your knees to get to a level beyond "I do the shooting from behind the big boys".
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4156 (isolation #69) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Lycanfire »

She's a lot like Janna. Free bf sword, but her shielding is more difficult to pull off. Her ability to peel is worse as well.

I've been ignoring her in lane and tanking her arrows. She's going to attach anyway so why ever hit her?

Yuumi might be really cool with someone like Cassiopeia. Only because of zoomie snake.

I like the concept but she's hella weak.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4164 (isolation #70) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Hotfix seems weak. I think her power should go to her shield if they touch her up more.

Yuumi shouldn't ever be a lane pick. I'd like her niche to be win harder as a lane counterpick paired with someone like Cait against an enemy that picks a super weak ad + melee support, 2v1/2v0 if laneswaps ever come back, or comp specific with speedy snake or booky bird. She strangely seems more promising paired with a mage down bot, but I can't say I've tried anything outside of Yuumi+Cass, and I had a pretty shit Cass game and my support was more interested in playing with their duo on the otherside of the map, instead of you know, bot lane.

Return to “The Arcade”