Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:43 am

Post by Tails »

In post 588, Fortian wrote: There are many leaps in logic here based on assumptions that I am uncomfortable with!
Nope. Not being shrugged off here.

Level 2:
In post 407, profii wrote: Too early to tell:
Flavor Leaf
Malakitty
RCEnigma
Toogeloo
BuJaber
davesaz
Chickadee
DrippingGoofball
CheekyTeeky
Fortian (DeasVail & Regfan)
Majiffy
Amzela
You're okay with this broad null level? Am I wrong calling out the weirdness of the scum reads? Flavor, RCE, and Bujabers have talked enough to be sorted, even by that point in the game. Surely something could be said about Toog's claim and where that likely lands him on the reads list. Heck, there are some weird naked votes in there. Nothing? How is that call out a leap in logic?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:49 am

Post by Tails »

Actually, just going to throw the other level in as well, because I'm not waiting until I can post again tomorrow.

Do you disagree with me that the weirdness of how Profii approached the list and put it together makes him likely town? Because I would think scum would try to appear to do more or to have the list be tailored more to the game, which that list does not show. And if that's your sticking point, that suggests a Profii scum read, which I don't believe you've expressed.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:51 am

Post by BuJaber »

@RR and anyone else who thinks they know:

What is your scum range? How would you characterize the difference between your town meta and scum meta?

It occurs to me that for someone like you (someone whose posts are kinda emotionless) the line becomes rather blurry.

But tails here claims you're already out of your scum range.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Tails »

In post 588, Fortian wrote: There are many leaps in logic here based on assumptions that I am uncomfortable with!
So yeah, there are only three places where you could disagree with assumptions that I made. Either 1.) you disagreed with my thoughts on the scum list, meaning your reads drastically differed from mine there, 2.) you don't find that large null area too surprising or odd and actually agree with it and/or 3.) you disagree with my assertion that the oddness of the list means profii is likely town, pointing to a scum read of the slot. And if any of those points were actually important to you, I'd expect you to actually engage on those points and say exactly what made you uncomfortable, which is the whole point of profii posting that reads list. But nope, wholesale handwaving of my thoughts on the scum part of the list and profii in general. And there's no way of telling what you disagree with or if you just thought I was scum posting.

But no. Just tell me to stop pushing you now. Right...
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:58 am

Post by profii »

In post 601, Tails wrote:You're okay with this broad null level? Am I wrong calling out the weirdness of the scum reads? Flavor, RCE, and Bujabers have talked enough to be sorted, even by that point in the game. Surely something could be said about Toog's claim and where that likely lands him on the reads list. Heck, there are some weird naked votes in there. Nothing? How is that call out a leap in logic?
Flavour - I always say I can sort him later, but day 1 isn't the time to do that. Anyway, I said I'm gonna cop him... duh.

BuJabers, I can't remember if I said it when I was chatting to him earlier but I always read him wrong, here is what I have in my notes verbatim:

"going against the grain, but that's what he does aerassdfgs[dogpksjdklfs"

And RCE... well let's find out...
In post 595, RCEnigma wrote:Im not used to it. Generally you have fairly unique angles that make me think about multiple angles. It helps my read on you. I can't really do that if we are already on the same page.
RCE -

you are right I usually do probably exactly what I've said about BuJ there and come at things from a different perspective - but I think I've mentioned I dont do 26p games so I'm not like super confident with how the site meta of the bigger games plays out - my gut feeling is the scum are probably just lurking and letting us tie ourselves up in knots with all the little mini dramas going on

But because that's the way I am seeing things, I still dont see how I'm in your head.

also back to Tail/Fort - RCE has posted a bunch but I tend to gloss over 1v1/conflicty areas until I really have to go and read it. Otherwise I end up getting involved and there are a number of games in the earlier portion of my wiki where I learned 1v1/conflicty play is damaging to town and i am liable for getting over involved as i know i have last word syndrome.
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 am

Post by Fortian »

In my experience it's pretty common for someone to have a lot of posts but nothing that really gives a strong indication of alignment either way, so no, I don't have a problem with a big null list.

But I also don't think you know what "leaps in logic" I was referring to, and my post in response to you was by no means meant as a personal attack, or even a scumread! My main issue was with the conclusion that profii was probably town because of their scum list being "controversial" which I really didn't feel it was, and definitely not to the degree that it would be reason to consider them town. I also questioned your reaction to profii's other scumreads and what it could mean about profii's alignment, given that, as you said, reads will be a lot clearer by the end of the day.

When it comes down to it though, my post in response to your posts was an exaggerated attempt to engage, and did not have much basis behind it. This is the dance that we dance in mafia. :)

PEdit: I disagree that Profii's list makes them town, but I do respect your interpretation. I would argue that a reads list such as that can look like "work" without actually having much effort put into it. And my initial scumread on Profii largely came from their early posts, particularly their first posts appearing to be an attempt to "fit in" rather than natural conversation, as well as their response to me. I do not have feelings as strong in regards to profii's later posts though.

PEdit 2: Honestly the points were not that important to me. For what it's worth, I don't scumread you. I would say you're probably town.

- DV
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:04 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 605, profii wrote:BuJabers, I can't remember if I said it when I was chatting to him earlier but I always read him wrong, here is what I have in my notes verbatim:

"going against the grain, but that's what he does aerassdfgs[dogpksjdklfs"

:eek:

Dog

I found the hidden message.

Profii - I have only played 2 large games.

Overkill 1 - some scum lurked pretty hard. Some tried hard to post and be noticed.

Civ (6 I think) - from what I recall most scum apart from creature were pretty active.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:05 am

Post by BuJaber »

5 page challenge (it's all you need to find at least 1 scum):

Read pages 1 to 5 and tell me who scum is.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 603, BuJaber wrote:@RR and anyone else who thinks they know:

What is your scum range? How would you characterize the difference between your town meta and scum meta?

It occurs to me that for someone like you (someone whose posts are kinda emotionless) the line becomes rather blurry.

But tails here claims you're already out of your scum range.
VOTE: BUjaber
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:28 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 605, profii wrote:RCE -

you are right I usually do probably exactly what I've said about BuJ there and come at things from a different perspective - but I think I've mentioned I dont do 26p games so I'm not like super confident with how the site meta of the bigger games plays out - my gut feeling is the scum are probably just lurking and letting us tie ourselves up in knots with all the little mini dramas going on

But because that's the way I am seeing things, I still dont see how I'm in your head.
This wasn't pointing towards a scumread on you I have you as town actually. I'll post examples of what I mean once I'm settled in but the recent one was the fence thing with Tails.

That was pretty much the exact thought I had before he cased me but going back through his Iso and seeing the few townreads he's thrown out they lined up with mine except for like Pint and Thor, I figured I was just omgusing and threw that away.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 474, BuJaber wrote:
In post 469, RCEnigma wrote:Bujaber - FL made a good point about grabbing attention. The back and forth with Nancy was exactly that, Don't think Wisdom has anything to gain from the exchange. The pressure on Nancy is nice and Wisdom may not have set it in motion but he did jumpstart it. Sad FL called Nancy town so early.

He also shut Varsoon down which was pretty sweet.
For the record this is your best post so far
I'm havin' a laugh because
1. RCE thinks Bujaber 'shut me down', somehow? When I go to sleep, is Bujaber tucking me in? When I leave my computer to get dinner, is that Bujaber making me hungry? Aw shit I got work now gotta go clock some time for Bujaber.

2. Bujaber is complicit in taking cred for this and saying RCE's turd of a post is their 'best post so far' which is hilarious because it's an information instead of analysis post and it's incredibly weak and if this constitutes RCE's best posting, I'm havin' a laugh

Still catching up but if Bujaber develops a townread on RCE from this, doesn't look great for either slot.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oooh no I get it now.
RCE's trying to say that FL shut me down?
Or someone else?
I'm still not shut down though
Does not make sense
RCE a scum
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 483, Tails wrote:@RR: How would you feel if I got Amzela lynched?

@Wisdom: Why are you townreading Amzela?
Still catching up on the overnight posts, but its early and I'll forget this if i don't respond now.

I would feel the same way i would if Varsoon, or Chickadee, or anyone else I've chatted with enough to grow fond of were to be lynched this early: sad that I don't get to play with them more, relieved that I won't have to deal with the mental strain of being objective about someone I actively want to remain in the game, but also disappointed in the survival skills of anyone who can't avoid being lynched on D1. Also a little guilty for throwing her into the deep end of this particular forum.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

So I am caught up now and RCE's hard shift from garbageposting to actually trying to grapple with his wagon has me wondering if I should hit the breaks on it or not. Like, as scum, yeah, he'd have to change his approach in order to survive and I'm extremely sketched out on how quick he is willing to think I'm just town for my push and be level headed about it, but the fact I haven't seemed to have gotten under this dude's skin at all and that he's actually doing something resembling work makes me wanna shift gears, too.

RCE:
Out of the other people who are 'Varsooning' you; why aren't you pushing for more pressure there? Do you think there's scum in those players? Do you think your wagon is an easy sheep or...?

This whole thing has made me look a lot more at Bujaber, who feels less genuine than the 'leather' jacket I got from the flea market.
Like what have you gotten out of any of your interactions or questions, Buja?
VOTE: Bujaber
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 496, davesaz wrote:
In post 75, Thor665 wrote:That felt slimy to me.
You should probably sheep this wagon Cheeky.
I saw this but missed the opportunity back then to ask what was slimy.
What is verrrrrrry interesting about RCE getting a townread on Cheeky for calling out a post that was hedging?
It was sort of an empty pandery post the implied work while not actually being work.

Pedit Varsoon: :neutral:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Thor: Just finished a game with that dude and he sweated like no tomorrow as scum under pressure.
I'm not seeing it as much here. The play ain't great and I'm still not townreading him but I'm willing to pump the breaks to suss out things that are bothering me.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:51 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Short answer I was waiting on Thor. I'm still not sure on him but he has like 5 posts and half of them are "get RCE" so, shrug, don't have a read there yet. Majiffy isn't around but if anyone's scum on my wagon it's probably there.

I don't think I'm an easy sheep now that I've had to defend myself and I'm no longer lynchbait, so that's unfortunate. Or were you asking in a general meta sense?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thor cheerleading a wagon is pretty standard for him, regardless of align.
I just meant here--like that it was easy for people to quickly sheep out on a wagon on you.
What makes Majiffy likely scum there?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:56 am

Post by RCEnigma »

The shut down comment was about Wisdom with the pocket comment. Not wanting to be pocketed isn't necessarily townie but it was a +1.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Wonky.
It seems like scum would be far more cognizant and thinking of mentioning pocketing/buddying than town, who'd just wanna catch scum.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 am

Post by RCEnigma »

As easily as anyone else I suppose, I won't AtE out of pressure though, *subtle jab*

I can't say, he has 3 posts with nothing game related but the vote. While I don't find inactivity alignment indicative, inactive town doesn't need pressure votes since they won't follow up on them. I would probably have been content with "sheeping so and so" I assume that's the case.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Ehh you've only played with Scum!me. I don't play day 1 that way as town so the 'why' regarding pocketing may be more important to me than it is to you.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

@Varsoon - that was his best post up to that point. If it's garbage it's less garbage than the previous posts. His reasoning regarding nancy v Wisdom I quite liked. I wasn't commenting on the shut you down thing wasn't really concerned with that as y'all have been shitposting on each other plenty in the first few pages.. RCE's biased

And it sounds like you could easily be fooled if you're buying "leather" jackets at the flea market and you not being able to follow RCE's post there and confusing yourself. I don't trust your ability to read people here.

I still need to hear back from RR and creature and wisdom but so far my interactions turned my scumlean of nancy to a townlean and profii I'm townreading for being genuinenly concerned with not being able to sort some people but still not shying away from talking about these same people when questioned.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

Good thing that when I've got a scumread on you, you're quick to call into question my capacity to read people.

I'm stayin' parked here.
...and that jacket was cool.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”