Song Contest 125 (RESULTS POSTED!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I almost entered Carly Rae Jepsen's new song because it's very fucking good, but instead I picked an older song that I knew about but had never actually heard until a few days ago. I'm very curious how it will perform.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 16, Parama wrote:
Reminder:
VOTE YOU BASTARDS

Unless you're voting Republican, then for literally the sake of the world please stay home
if you don't vote, you lose 20 points and can't participate in the next Song Contest.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Macau -- ImageImageImage -- this is fun and loud and dynamic, but it's not something I can really get that super into. it's well-made pop, but I'm not sure it's more than that.
Hungary -- ImageImage -- this just doesn't really do that much for me, I'm sorry to say. it's not a terrible song, just not one that I really love either.
Belarus -- ImageImage -- this isn't really the sort of song I like very much, but it was a nice one to listen to once. this seems like it might be fun to hear live.
Lebanon -- ImageImageImage -- there are a lot of things I enjoy about this, but it just doesn't quite come together for me.
Slovenia -- Image -- I went to the Wikipedia page for this band, and here's an excerpt from that: "Mayday Parade's musical style has been described as pop punk,[41][43][44][45] pop rock,[42][46] alternative rock,[47][48] emo pop,[49][50] emo,[6][50][51] and rock.[6][39][50][51] A Lesson in Romantics has been described as pop punk.[52] Anywhere but Here has been described as pop punk[53][54] and pop rock.[53] Mayday Parade has been described as pop punk[55] and pop rock.[56] Monsters in the Closet has been described as pop punk,[57][58] pop rock[59] and rock.[60] Black Lines has been described as emo,[61] emo pop,[62] pop punk,[63] and rock.[64]" I'm glad we have all that settled!
Qatar -- Image -- none of the dishes the other children brought in this music video are covered. you should really put, like, some plastic wrap over those cranberries until they're ready to be eaten.
The Federated States of Micronesia -- ImageImageImage -- this is pretty good! it's good
Greenland -- Image -- I will never be excited to hear a videogame song I've never heard before played using an unusual combination of instruments. also, these music videos where it's just a montage of very boring shots of musical instruments (in this case, weird improvised musical instruments) are really boring and I wish that trend would stop.
Hong Kong -- Image -- the sex act described in this song is physically impossible. please do not attempt it.
Spain -- ImageImage -- this is a perfectly adequate 7 minute long instrumental. it's not really much more than that, though, and I think it'd work better if it weren't, y'know, seven minutes.
Liechtenstein -- ImageImageImageImageImage -- WHEN I WAS... A YOUNG BOY... MY FATHER... TOOK ME INTO THE CITY... TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
Saudi Arabia -- ImageImageImageImage -- I liked this quite a bit! very nice
USA -- ImageImageImageImageImage -- I'm not the biggest fan of music where the vocals are delivered via screaming, but that's only part of this song, and I would be a liar if I said that even the screaming parts aren't the slap.
Djibouti -- ImageImageImageImage -- I like this bowtie banjo boy quite a bit.
Kuwait -- Image -- I hate this dude's whiny voice a lot!
Tanzania -- ImageImageImage -- Chickadee plays another song by Lily Allen, "Fuck You", in the team fox discord a lot. I like that one, and I like this one too!
Ecuador -- Image -- this is not a good song. who submitted this one? why? do you enjoy this? this is bad, but I'm worried that unlike the other truly awful songs submitted this contest that the person who submitted it might believe it's actually great.
Portugal -- ImageImage -- this is just not very interesting to me? I never felt emotions about it
Ivory Coast -- ImageImageImage -- this was a pretty good song, but it never fully hooked me. it was nice, though!
Bhutan -- Image -- I just didn't really like this one very much.
Sudan -- ImageImage -- this is fine, I guess.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

one song has ever gotten -20, and there are now two that have gotten -19. congrats to KuroiXHF on joining the ranks of the very worst Song Contest scores of all time.

Return to “General Discussion”