Commonly Asked Questions on Mafia Theory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Speaking from personal experience and with zero statistics to back it up, I think that town players are more likely to lynch worse than random lynching when playing with experienced mafia players. Then again, my sample size is small and I have no data to back up my claims, its just a feeling I have.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I think the more experienced the playerlist, the more likely that town lynches town from personal experience.

Personally, I believe that there is a higher peak to playing scum than playing town, if that makes any sense. Like there is a limit to how good you can get at being able to look at anyone and just knowing they are scum (barring meta) while playing scum, there is no real limit. Scum players, especially in no investigative pr setups, are just afforded much more freedom so given enough time, they could probably create an effective persona that is essentially unlynchable. A big part of playing scum in a normal game is both getting townread while not drawing night actions, but when you don't have to care about the latter, then all you have to do is get solidly townread which isn't too hard if you put enough effort into it.

When the playerlist overall is less experienced, I think that town is more favored than scum. It takes a lot more training to be good at deception versus seeing someone be awkward and realizing they don't fit in. We've been training our entire lives to lie and tell if someone else is lying, but keeping up a lie for months is really hard without at least some experience.

But your mileage may vary and this is just all speaking from personal experience.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”