mini normal 2042: labeled pictures meme mafia (game over)

xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:31 am

Post by xwing »

hey guys! just fresh out of the newbie queue, and looking forward to see the outside world! i would say im confused/bemused..RVS here seems wackier..

also hi the worst, hi irrel! :D

@tw: why did you change your avatar? i liked the yellow duck pic more.. :(
In post 10, Krazy wrote:So I'm part of a three man masonry with Irrelephant and Teacher; Teacher is a PGO and Irrelephant is bulletproof so the only hope scum has is to kill me tonight. kekekeke

Vote xwing
what's PGO? and what did you hope to achieve with this entrance?
In post 14, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:WOW I HATE RVS LETS INSTEAD TWIDDLE OUR THUMBS
In post 17, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:
In post 12, Shoshin wrote:What's scummy about lying?
VOTE: SHOSHIN

STOP TRYING TO START THE GAME
this guy seems like a funny-weird guy..i'm town leaning on this particular statement addressed to shoshin (NOT the slot yet)..like i take it like some kind of reverse psychology thing..anyway that's just my gut talking..i mean i dont think scum would be playing this scummy? or is this wifom haha..
In post 19, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 12, Shoshin wrote:What's scummy about lying?
I have solid evidence to prove that scum lie more often than town on mafiascum.
just noting to self that shoshin seems like a serious no nonsense person..someone pretty reliable IRL i think.. :)
In post 42, Carmen wrote:
In post 37, Shoshin wrote:Really bad vote, Carmen. Really bad.
I dunno, feels alright to me.
@shoshin: why?
@carmen: why?
In post 44, Shoshin wrote:I'm town... it's a bit absurd that you'd vote me (one of the few players trying to make things happen) over the players who aren't doing anything, or are actively lobbying against doing anything. It's also absurd that Key would suggest I'm scum and that it was a "necessary" vote without voting himself.
i didnt like this statement..i think actions speak louder than words and it's too early to be so defensive about it..otherwise i would have said that shoshin is my "most town" at this point..
In post 48, Shoshin wrote:
In post 45, Carmen wrote:How do I know that someone who hasn't done anything is scum?
You're not evaluating a single player's alignment in a vacuum so that question isn't responsive to the issue. You're comparing alignments in relation to other players. If you see three players, one who isn't doing anything, one who is actively lobbying against doing anything, and one who is actively trying to scumhunt, which one do you think is more likely to be town and which do you think is most likely to be scum?
uhm sorry can you rephrase? i didnt get it even after reading multiple times, sorry..

pedit: i dont type fast..so while doing this, i see there's a lot of other "wackiness" going on already i havent read yet..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:41 am

Post by xwing »

In post 74, the worst wrote:
In post 72, Keyser Söze wrote:Why are you shouting?
Why should we not shout?
i think it's because of FWS using all caps..
@FWS: can you please stop using all caps? pretty pretty please? :)
In post 75, the worst wrote:I believe in god
and the only thing that scares me
is Keyser Soze
okay i think im feeling out of place here haha..like i dont even get this i dont know what to ask :lol:
like tw, what does this mean?
okay, this is definitely not like newbie queue haha :lol:
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 am

Post by xwing »

In post 99, the worst wrote:
In post 94, xwing wrote:hey guys! just fresh out of the newbie queue, and looking forward to see the outside world! i would say im confused/bemused..RVS here seems wackier..

also hi the worst, hi irrel!

@tw: why did you change your avatar? i liked the yellow duck pic more..
XWING! <3 welcome to your first non newbie queue game. rvs is usually more standard... this list is largely old buddies who've been playing together a lot lately so we're going at it extra hard. :P (I actually think rvs in the newbie queue has an elephent of forced friendliness/interaction as well, out of interest)

The avatar change is at the request for a game I'm comodding! :P it'll be floofy and yellow again once that's finished. :)
yeah, figured...i think i just better ignore those stuff first as i'll just end up confusing myself haha..
okay, hope to see the fluffy one back sooooon :P
In post 99, the worst wrote:
In post 94, xwing wrote:this guy seems like a funny-weird guy..i'm town leaning on this particular statement addressed to shoshin (NOT the slot yet)..like i take it like some kind of reverse psychology thing..anyway that's just my gut talking..i mean i dont think scum would be playing this scummy? or is this wifom haha..
can you see a clear mindset in Flooflez' posting so far which you can identify as coming from town? I guess where I'm coming from it makes sense for scum to throw shit at the wall during rvs whereas town usually swings by from an angle of trying to solve things

Can you throw me a couple of quotes from him maybe that have you swinging town there?
im not reading the slot as town, i just find the statement (i quoted in the OP) above as townie coz i felt like he was saying "hey let's not progress the game" and is "stopping shoshin" from progressing the game..it seemed to me like he was actually saying "shoshin is progressing the game"..i dunno..that's why im saying that slot's kinda weird (no offense)..he's giving out reads too but not in the "normal" sense..
like see these:

im just not sure why he's limiting it to shoshin slot..i mean..wouldn't it be too scummy to act like this? granted, his slot doesn't seem to be like any conventional player i've played with so far..it's interesting..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:04 am

Post by xwing »

In post 106, Keyser Söze wrote:Hi xwing, welcome to mafiascum.
How long have you been playing mafia for?

(Right now getting wolf in sheep’s clothes vibes from you :giggle: )
this is the first and only site i've played in..i've completed 3 newbie games here so far, so this is my 4th..im trying to complete the requirement to become SE when i join back to newbie queue (i wanna polish my skills there before trying other queues, and mod pointed me to try out this one)..

how so?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 135, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:OK
UNVOTING
how can you just accept tw's and irrel's meta read that easily..have you played with tw/irrel before? why do you have to type in ALL CAPS?
In post 148, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 121, teacher wrote:I am very interested to see how an early wagon peaked so fast though.
Quick poll:

LAMIST or GENUINE CONCERN?

:nerd:
i vote LAMIST..
@teacher: are you implying there's scum in the wagon? why are you not probing who you think is/are scum there?
im giving you the benefit of the doubt since you said you're on your phone..it sucks to have to post from there..
In post 149, Shoshin wrote:I don't get why anyone is calling me defensive? Everything I've done so far has been about finding scum...
i think it would have been better if someone else other than you called you on it (e.g. hope you didnt bring attention to your own towniness and let others evaluate it instead)..im gonna give some weight to tw's meta read on your slot though.. (but not irrel yet..reasons later..)
why are you so affected by other's reads on you? it's early in the game, these reads will very, very likely change as the day progresses..
In post 151, Carmen wrote:Xwing is town. Also liking Sheep for town, although he's doing his best to make me want to lynch him.

VOTE: Irrelephant
why am i town with no reasoning given? are you buddying me?
why are you voting for irrel?
side note: i chuckled at your comment on FWS
In post 163, the worst wrote:
In post 147, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 125, xwing wrote: how so?
You’re very ‘nice’... possessing a kind aura (very unique to this site :lol:).
I second this! I reflexively scumread it but town!xw is just very sweet as well. :>
[snip]
addressing both tw and soze here since they share the same concern..
hmmm im not sure how im being "nice" right now..but generally i do play like this..so thanks i guess? i also found most people here are friendly/willing to teach..
it maybe something i gotta work on, coz feedback last game is im okay with engagement, but suck at pushing or giving conviction on my reads..kinda hard to change your personality but i think i'll improve on this with more experience..well tw and irrel can vouch for my "niceness"..

===others===
i think necktied sheep (keyser soze) here is my strongest town read at this point of the game..he's actively probing random people and giving out his thoughts as well..his probe on me seems genuine, even though i find the reason to be a bit shallow (to be fair, he hasnt played with me though and tw got pinged even though we played together already..)

re tw: im leaning town on you..i was thinking that scum!tw would try to buddy up to me, as you know im new and that i'm very easily influenced by your blinding charisma (when we played last time) :P but more than that, i liked how you voted for shoshin to test her slot and see what comes out of it..

re irrel: i've just finished playing with him and he's waaaaay different here than in newbie queue..but im thinking he's just adjusting his play based on the player list/level..so i have yet to slot him..just giving out my thoughts before i forget..

need more time with the other slots..it's the first time im in a game where almost everyone is actively posting..im used to only seeing one or two actives :lol:
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 129, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 114, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 107, Shoshin wrote:the worst knows this isn't my scum game because he's seen it before. That's why his vote was terrible and why I'm voting him for the rest of this game unless he really towns it up.

Irrelaphant also knows my town/scum play. He's correctly townreading me, because this is far from my scum game.

key's notion that I'm scum because I'm playing the same way I played as town is... patently absurd? Like, just take a second to think about it - "Shoshin is playing like in her town games, so let me vote her to test if she keeps playing like in her town games." Don't like Key at all this game. But I'll give it time, because I think I misread him last game and can't remember when he looks like as town/scum and he's sort of awkward in general.
It’s me fearing you could have a good scum game.
What’s wrong with that Shoshin? It’s early D1. There isn’t much to chew on right now. Let me muse.

FTR: I’d prefer for other people to shout ‘this is town Shoshin’ and not you.
THIS IS TOWN SHOSHIN
In post 118, Shoshin wrote:Alright, the worst is locktown. Moving on.

VOTE: teacher
lame I was just starting to scumread the worst (which means he's town, everyone)
what flipped it for you

Keyser/the worst/shoshin/xwing locktown this is gonna be a bad game for scum
why though? seems to be a common trend to state reads with no reasons here..am i being too nitpicky?
In post 132, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:KEYSER TOWNIE
see..why?
In post 140, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:WOW NO NEED TO BE RUDE
VOTE: KRAZY
In post 142, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:MOST USELESS
ouch lol..well it's early D1, let's give him time to respond..
In post 146, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 145, Keyser Söze wrote:she basically just shot us all down... basically calling my reason to scum read her as idiotic, and that you and the worst ‘should know’ this is town her. How does that open serious dialogue? It just closes doors.
now whose recent town early game does this sound like..?
[sheep in wolf's clothing] - image removed
im not sure i get it..is this an inside joke or something? were you implying soze was scum last time or something like that? or you implying that the way scum!soze plays is similar to how shoshin is playing right now?
In post 158, Irrelephant11 wrote:let me think, teach is on me, sheep on krazy, keyser on teach, shoshin on teach
okay great
vote Carmen
again..why..
i feel like a lost 5 year old who annoys parents by constantly asking why..no flaming please :P
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 189, teacher wrote:
In post 186, xwing wrote:@teacher: are you implying there's scum in the wagon? why are you not probing who you think is/are scum there?
im giving you the benefit of the doubt since you said you're on your phone..it sucks to have to post from there..
I wasnt lying when I said I was still on page 1. I then follow up posted when skimming the page where my post landed, and to get a bit of a reaction to what felt forced.

Im still on page 1, with parts of page 5 and 8 read. I couldnt tell you who was on the wagon if a million bucks rode on it. I hope to be there in about 4-6 hours.

But Im at a desktop now, so will be puttering back and forth to the site until I can actually pay attention.
i never said i didnt believe you re page 1 and phone posting..also which post did you feel forced?
In post 190, the worst wrote:TOWN
{tw}
{xwing}
{Shoshin}
{Keyser}
{Krazy, Carmen}
very high sort equity
{Relly, teacher} ~ this has ............... 1.2 scum in it
{Flufflez}

i'm busy tdy but someone sort Carmen for me and I'll give them bread
im surprised im a high townread..usually my indecisiveness lands me in hot water..
im gonna be off soon..guessing you and i share nearby timezones..
In post 193, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:THIS IS RESPONDING TO THNGS THAT XWING SAID IN POSTS 186 AND 187
1. DO YOU DISAGREE? SHOULD I DISAGREE? ARE TWO OPINIONS NOT BETTER THAN ONE? IF SHOSHIN HAD A WIKI PAGE I WOULD LOOK AT HER GAMES. ALSO I don't. But I want to.
2. OH I GUESS I HAVE TO RESPOND TO OTHER THINGS ON THIS IF I WANT THE NUMBERS TO MAKE SENSE. I VOTE LAMIST. DUMB THING TO SAY WITHOUT ANY MORE THOUGHTS PRECEDING IT. I DON'T THINK THOUGHTS PRECEDED IT, NOT IMMEDIATELY, AT LEAST.
3. HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE META READS? DO YOU NOT AGREE WITH TW'S? ERGO, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT SHOSHIN WOULD ACT THIS WAY AS TOWN?
4. WHY AREN'T YOU CONSIDERING THAT CARMEN IS BUDDYING ME AS WELL? LIFE LESSON: TOWNREADS AREN'T BUDDYING. BUDDYING IS CHARMING SOMEONE AND A TOWNREAD CAN GO WITH IT, BUT A TOWNREAD ALONE IS NOT BUDDYING INDICATIVE.
5. DON'T TRY TO MAKE YOURSELF LESS "NICE." PEOPLE WILL PROBABLY FIND YOU MORE PLEASANT IF YOU DON'T. MANHANDLING YOUR PLAYSTYLE IN GENERAL IS A BAD IDEA. JUST GO WITH THE FLOW, YOU KNOW? WHAT COMES NATURALLY.
THE OTHERS SECTION: WAS IRREL TOWN OR SCUM THAT GAME?
NEXT POST
1. I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE ARE INCLINED TO GIVING READS IF YOU PROD THEM ABOUT IT
2. I'M GOING TO EXPLAIN IT IN MY NEXT POST
3. https://www.google.com/search?safe=stri ... SV2k_RaMss
ALSO WITH IT BEING DAY 1 AND WITHOUT RESPONSE, IS THAT NOT REASON ENOUGH TO PRESSURE? -ISH, WHAT I SAID IS REALLY ONLY TRUE IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, IT JUST DOESN'T SOUND AS NICE WHEN I TACK ON THE VARIABLE-NESS OF PRESSURING.
4. viewtopic.php?p=10519365#p10519365
5. OK
can you please not post in all caps..pleeeeaaase? it's really hard on the eyes..especially if it's this long..
1. i think town would take more with a grain of salt..unless you're quite sure of your tw/irrel reads?
3. i understand the explanations and im giving it some weight..but that doesnt mean i should stop forming my own read on that slot aside from others just vouching for her..
4. good point, maybe i should have said carmen gave me an easy town read instead of buddying then..i used the wrong term mb..
5. im not making myself play less nice or anything..i've always played like this..what im saying is im trying to improve on other aspects of my play (like entrance, etc.)..but im finding it hard to change certain aspects more than others..
other section: good catch..it's an ongoing game so i cant talk about it, and irrel hasn't flipped yet..so i guess i shouldnt gauge irrel based on that..
NEXT POST
1. okay..
3. im not against it, feel free to go ahead..i was just responding to the "burn" comments..im nice like that ;)
4. thanks for the explanation

pedit: saw teacher has posted, havent read all of them..thanks for explaining what PGO is.. :)
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by xwing »

edit: @tw, sorry i forgot to ask, what do you mean by "high sort equity"?
and no idea on t-sizzle t-chill again..is it safe to ignore this?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:13 am

Post by xwing »

In post 224, teacher wrote:Got to be honest, that effort to catch up early feels like a waste right now.... Im offline until tomorrow night, and likely again then, as I will be trick or treating. Be safe and well all.
nah i dont think it is, i liked your ..if anything else, it shows me you're trying to put in the effort..i think i would need to reread to understand the case on you coz so far im not seeing it (maybe im too surface level or something)..
In post 230, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 151, Carmen wrote:Xwing is town.
Hmm... ok... the nature of his/her posting will probably mean only paranoia stops me from fully hardcore t/reading them - but yes, xwing has done nothing outright scummy so far. Their contributions so far are full of innocent/inquisitive meditations and questions.
this is fine..i'd actually expect townies to be more paranoid than not..i think it's advantageous that i havent played with you yet so im not biased at meta..im not sure you should just take stuff i say as "innocent" and dismiss it though..if it pings you, talk to me/us (depending on who you want to respond to you) :)
In post 230, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 166, Shoshin wrote:I'm surprised people are staying away from FWS. I still think he's scum, for three reasons: one, his read on me felt very faked/forced; two,
his over-the-top anti-survivalistic approach to the game feels unnatural and makes much more sense from the perspective of scum trying to appear anti-survivalistic rather than town actually being anti-survivalistic
; and three, if he were town mislynch bait, I think the scum would have followed me onto him instead of staying away.
Interesting take. Very.
shoshin slot pings me coz she still hasnt stopped talking about herself even after multiple comments from others..also when she got probed, multiple people immediately came to her meta defense..not sure what to think about this..
there's something between the 3 of shoshin/irrel/tw (or they're just good friends lol)..
i know, im such a rocket scientist :P but seriously, at least shoshin/irrel..im leaving tw out because [see below]
In post 234, Keyser Söze wrote:It's the first game the worst hasn't looked scummy - should we be worried? :giggle:
like teacher, i can see tw putting in the work here to sort..i need to deep read (well need to keep re-reading anyway) coz i cant seem to grasp the full thought of what is being said, but dont want to clog up the thread with questions (i've had a couple of them useless questions already :lol: ) i still think scum!tw would have buddied a newbie coz he can do it frighteningly well and i wouldn't have noticed it..but on the flip side he knows his own style and can change it at will..but that's just paranoia kicking in..

i think i will look at carmen/shoshin slots (in order) in a lot more detail..

pedit: i dont agree with the teacher read but i've yet to reread him (see reasons at top) and the reasons against him..but im not stopping anyone from pressuring that slot..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 am

Post by xwing »

wow..FWS has some kind of dual personality..
if he's using ALL CAPS, it's his weird, eccentric playstyle..
if it's regular casing, it's what we'd consider "normal".. :D

sorry, got distracted by this..will go back to carmen/shoshin..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by xwing »

i wanted to check carmen slot first but dont have much time--day's gonna be hectic--and i have a more solid picture of shoshin in my mind so i'll do hers first..
In post 21, Shoshin wrote:Show me the evidence. Because I don't believe that. Too many townies lie around here.
[snip]
i hope you understand why people are critical of your slot (or any slot for that matter), mainly due to the same reason you want evidence..so you should actually be happy if people dont take your word for it, or other's word for it, and judge a slot on their own..(of course, it's stupid to ignore what others say as well, but it's wise to keep a mental note of those while still doing your own thing)..
In post 22, Shoshin wrote:Hey Krazy, nice to see you again - can you help me lynch FWS?
i dont think you'd have much luck right now with an inactive/lurker slot..we should be concerned with krazy slot if this continues..
im trying to give the slot the benefit of the doubt, as inactives/replace outs are very, very common in newbies (not sure in normals) and i have sadly been part of the mislynch on the lurker/inactive slot on D1 too many times..
In post 37, Shoshin wrote:Really bad vote, Carmen. Really bad.
i've asked this earlier and got ignored..so im asking again..why?
In post 44, Shoshin wrote:I'm town... it's a bit absurd that you'd vote me (one of the few players trying to make things happen) over the players who aren't doing anything, or are actively lobbying against doing anything.[snip]
the reason this pinged me is in my second newb game, the IC said a line similar to this..paraphrased, something like "im town, im moving the game forward")..of course not that obvious but something to that effect..i defended that slot too, even..guess what his slot turned out..(tw can vouch for this, he was in that game)..
In post 48, Shoshin wrote:
In post 45, Carmen wrote:How do I know that someone who hasn't done anything is scum?
You're not evaluating a single player's alignment in a vaccum so that question isn't responsive to the issue. You're comparing alignments in relation to other players. If you see three players, one who isn't doing anything, one who is actively lobbying against doing anything, and one who is actively trying to scumhunt, which one do you think is more likely to be town and which do you think is most likely to be scum?
you can ignore the part where i asked you to paraphrase this for me, i kept rereading til i understood..whew..i'll spare comment until carmen gets a word in, if/when she does..
In post 56, Shoshin wrote:Carmen, why did you vote for me?
i think you should have led with this question..
In post 107, Shoshin wrote:the worst knows this isn't my scum game because he's seen it before. That's why his vote was terrible and why I'm voting him for the rest of this game unless he really towns it up.

Irrelaphant also knows my town/scum play. He's correctly townreading me, because this is far from my scum game.
[snip]
i think it's fine to call out other players to verify what you're saying (i mean i also called tw and irrel to verify my statements)..but im getting the impression that you want them to *really* acknowledge you as town..you've called on tw/irrel to defend your slot multiple times already..if you asked them to verify your defensiveness, that's fine..but a full "town game"? im less enthused..
In post 149, Shoshin wrote:I don't get why anyone is calling me defensive? Everything I've done so far has been about finding scum...
i've addressed this earlier, but tldr, action > words, no need to raise your own and just let others do it..
In post 261, Shoshin wrote:
In post 220, teacher wrote:Shoshin -- my hardest slot. By far the most content, but almost entirely self-focused. Others say that this type of defensiveness is consistent with meta. I had a scumread as of 107, but have questions about the wagon. The first RVS wagon is almost never the lynch for the day, because people have a slight psychological block about returning to where they first voted. I am confident (by both statistics and gut) that there was one scum on the wagon at the time. I am not as confident for what this means about Shoshin's own slot -- whether it was distancing or not. The most pro-town thing I am seeing so far is 166's case on FWS. Shoshin, can you provide analysis on other players completely ignoring their read on you for the time being?
I will not provide analysis that ignores relevant evidence. That's usually how scum try to push mislynches.
but i take that almost all of the other players have posted enough content to at least do a shallow analysis? or you think you need more info?
In post 327, Shoshin wrote:Even ignoring meta, nobody should scumread me at this point. I'm a very towny townie.
again, this is like the nth time..multiple people have already voiced out their gripe with self-centered-ness (lack of better word..not sure how to call this nicely)..
saying *nobody* should scum read you is questionable for me too..why not? i feel like town should be more open than this..

others:
i do agree that FWS is weird-eccentric (getting better lately), but he's not my top choice for voting right now..
will do carmen next when i get the time..

pedit: saw some new posts, havent read, so they have not been taken into account in above yet
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:16 am

Post by xwing »

im on V/LA but stealing time to post this
1. shoshin, interesting take on my slot..why?
2. seems too easy to vote on a lurker/inactive slot (carmen)..we can vote but dont lynch, well at least wait until she comes back; may have good reasons why FWS is town for her
3. krazy, nice to hear from you..do answer soze's question re carmen vote
4. shoshin, why are you not sure about irrel's slot?
i may missed stuff, these are the ones that caught my attention on skim..gtg..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:06 am

Post by xwing »

good morning.. :)
In post 505, Shoshin wrote:Back to Carmen. I feel like town in her position (L-1, under pressure) almost always care a lot about their potential mislynch, whereas scum tend to pretend they don't care because they wrongly think that lack of concern is a town-tell that will save them.

I think nine times out of ten, town in Carmen's position explain their reads instead of pretending they don't care, whereas scum often (more than half the time) keep refusing because they wrongly think that changing their behavior in response to votes makes them look scummy (changing behavior in reponse to votes isn't scummy; more often than not, it's the opposite).

I think in Carmen's case, it's even scummier because she's going out of her way to point out what she's doing, which is to say, the problem isn't just that she doesn't care about her lynching, the problem is that she's making a show of her lack of concern.
i disagree..town under pressure will NOT always care about their potential mislynch..just finished a game where town was fatalistic about her slot and she flipped town (unfortunately i was part of the wagon but that was after she failed to explain her reasoning and thought process after 3 or 4 times of prodding)..to be fair, i admit that carmen is not looking good here and im hoping she'll pop back soon and stop appearing disinterested, but we should give her the opportunity to respond back instead of being so ready to hammer..
In post 509, teacher wrote:[snip]
My reads have gotten stronger on town TW. A little weaker on Xwing simply from coasting when they are vla weekends and didnt seem to do much after securing a townread on Thur and Fri, but I still think the contentful posts ring townie. FWS has moved way down for me, Key has moved way up. Im at the point where my pool is Krazy, Elephant, Carmen, FWS.

Im still conflicted on Carmen and Elephant. Im locked that there is a scum there, but I want to double ISO for more confidence on which one. To be clear, my pure nulls on both were thinking one must be scum but not having strong pings on which one. Im also hesistant on reading Elephant because I have a genuine like for him as a person - I like how the game isnt personal for him. In my three games with him, Ive also misread him three times, so have little confidence on my ability to read his playstyle.

In addition to that double ISO, Im going to do a game search for Krazy, because I think reactions to that AFK may be informative. I want that slot to play the weekend like they said they would, and the two Friday posts seem like posting just to post without content or taking stances.
i agree with your tw reads, disagree on mine, disagree with FWS, okay with key, agree with carmen, not sure about irrel..i'm one with you re not sure how to read irrel (to be fair he was IC in my game so i was paranoid of him..maybe im sub consciously bringing it over here..also reading that irrel prefers to play scum is unsettling)..

i dislike your statement about me coasting, as we're on different time zones..
moving forward expect less activity from me as we're nearing the weekend (my time, UTC+13), i try to compensate by being active weekdays though..
i also dislike your statement on me being town coz of my "contentfulness".. (depending on what you meant)..so what do you mean by that exactly?
for now you're still on my town pile..
tw moves up to very townie..i think it's the towniest i've ever seen him..im a little spooked (in a good, unaccustomed sort of way) :P
Spoiler: acronym questions
what does "WK" mean?
what does "ego" mean? havent been used here, but have read it multiple times in other games

In post 533, teacher wrote:Can someone confirm a vote would not be a hammer?
In post 534, Shoshin wrote:Who cares? Just lynch her. She's already refused to claim while at L-1...
i care! strongly dislike shoshin post here about quick lynching carmen..are you that confident of scum!carmen? also, are you ignoring my slot for some reason? multiple people have already asked why you think i'm scum, you havent responded yet, but you keep responding to FWS (who is the only one seriously "attacking" you right now)..what gives?
i liked teacher's stance more..clearly he thinks that carmen might be scum but giving her time to respond and not to QH..
to be clear, im okay with lynching carmen slot, but not before giving her more time to explain..what's the rush here shoshin?
did anyone give intent? im not sure if teacher's statement counted as an intent..so maybe that's why she hasn't claimed?
In post 558, Krazy wrote:
In post 186, xwing wrote:re irrel: i've just finished playing with him and he's waaaaay different here than in newbie queue..but im thinking he's just adjusting his play based on the player list/level..so i have yet to slot him..just giving out my thoughts before i forget..
@xwing can you expand on your perceived difference in elephant's play?
i can talk about the game now coz it's completed..irrel was town there..i've already stated that i felt he was more informative/thoughtful in that game, but im thinking it's because he's playing against newer mafia players so he tried to explain his reads more and refrained from posting light/joke-y content (save for RVS)..but in hindsight his confidence on giving early town reads are similar fwiw..he gave them pretty early during that game as well..
In post 558, Krazy wrote:
In post 313, xwing wrote:shoshin slot pings me coz she still hasnt stopped talking about herself even after multiple comments from others..also when she got probed, multiple people immediately came to her meta defense..not sure what to think about this..
this reminds me a lot of how I felt when I first played with Shoshin, even if I think his read here might be wrong

townlean
why do you think im wrong with shoshin? yes i havent played with her, but im disliking her exchange with FWS..im favoring FWS more here..
In post 577, Shoshin wrote:To put it another way, FWS lacks a town perspective on this game. Everything he's saying comes from the perspective of someone who has no clue how a townie would actually respond.
why? what makes you say so?
going against popular opinion, im actually favoring FWS as town over shoshin right now..
i agree with krazy that FWS' early unconventional play makes it a bit harder to trust FWS' slot, but i think it's quite bold for scum!FWS to do that sort of entrance..moreover i get why FWS would not easily back down from his read, coz he *gasp* actually wants to grasp/probe where shoshin is coming from..which is townie motivation in my book..i dont understand how shoshin said that it's lacking a town perspective..
i may be biased here too, coz i dislike meta reads..i'd prefer the slots present themselves as is in the game outside of other games..

others
======
@krazy - i didnt like how he posted meta games from others, felt a tad bit LAMIST to me..but read key's post somewhere that it's apparently krazy's playstyle, so okay i can understand that (with a grain/sackful of salt)..but we'll see if you're going to be able to read all of these metas?? i'll give you A for effort if you do..nevertheless i liked the other posts, seems like a genuine effort on sorting all the slots..also seeing that teacher agreed with krazy on his own (teacher's) meta read..and the fact that teacher is in my town pile..i need to read/see more..

@carmen - if you're town, unsolicited advice is please let us know your thought process and stop appearing disinterested..if you're town you're making yourself as easy lynchbait..

@FWS - RVS aside, im warming up to this slot re the shoshin/FWS "war"..im fine with sticking my head on this one and calling shoshin as scummier..

other reads remain the same..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:42 am

Post by xwing »

In post 50, Carmen wrote:Wow, if I had known I was going to be lectured I'd have brought a notebook.
if it's not obvious yet, we know you hate being told what to do and stuff..okay fine..but would you please help to explain some of your reads in more detail please? coz anyone can say so-so is town coz of a completed game..end of story..but we would like to know what specifically pinged you to say that, you might have captured some nuances or tidbits that we missed, and it would be extremely helpful for us to know these coz, to paraphrase you, we're not psychic.. :)
In post 172, Carmen wrote:
In post 167, Irrelephant11 wrote:so you replaced keyser with fluffy (and me with you, though neither of us really need to say that so I don't really count it as being said) and then voted me, a player with extremely similar reads to you
Okay. Is there supposed to be a reason why I'm scum here? I'm still not seeing it.

Your reads being similar or not to mine doesn't mean anything to me.
if i were to imagine you, i'd think street-smart chic with an attitude to boot.. (not that im into stereotypes so forgive me for that, i just tend to picture people as it makes it easier for me to remember them in-game..)
would scum not care about how they look to others? town points for me on this post..it's not exactly like "hey look at me im indifferent", it's more like "yes i understand we might have the same reads, but it's null for me"..
In post 453, Carmen wrote:
In post 452, Shoshin wrote:What did you see that was towny from xwing, Krazy, and the worst?
TW I pointed out. Krazy has interacted with people in a way I expect from him as town. Xwing, I think is town by comparison to a completed towngame of his.
have you played with krazy before?
also, you've read all of my games here? i heard from a sage once that it's not wise to judge people's metas if you havent played with them yet..and i think it's true..if not for my meta, how would you sort my slot?
In post 464, Carmen wrote:
In post 460, Shoshin wrote:@Carmen

What's the difference between scum Krazy and town Krazy? Scum xwing from town xwing?
Four letters. :wink:
cheeky..i like that..NAI though unfortunately..
In post 489, Carmen wrote:There's no point in me going in-depth into the difference between town Krazy and scum Krazy because my read on him is only a lean for now and he really doesn't have much content. Xwing's game here looks pretty much the exact same as his completed towngame already. There's not much to explain there.
see question above cheeky comment..
In post 497, Carmen wrote:
In post 492, the worst wrote:
In post 486, Carmen wrote:Writing more words does not "being more townie" make. I've explained my reads.
Working with other townies does a townie make!
if every member of the town came in swinging and identified each other d1 every time we'd have a perfect town winrate, imagine that? :>

if I told you I had a n0 cop inno on Shoshin and we were in LyLo today what would you do different?
I'm not going to jump through hoops just because someone tells me to. I'm not being obtuse or unreasonable here. I've asked Shoshin what specifically she disagrees with.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to get at with your scenario.
i dont understand tw's scenario too so im ignoring that part..but i do think that working with other townies make it easier to catch scum simply coz of PoE..do you agree with this? if yes, then would it be too painful to try and work with us? if not, how do you plan to hunt scum? also to be fair, shoshin has posted why she thinks you're scum already..you havent addressed them yet iirc..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 582, Shoshin wrote:If one of Carmen or FWS is town, xwing's the other scum.
why? again..for the nth time..im surprised no one is pushing this? i mean i know people have read coz they acknowledged, but is shoshin really that strong of a townread for those people that they can ignore this?
In post 584, Shoshin wrote:
In post 581, xwing wrote:i disagree..town under pressure will NOT always care about their potential mislynch..just finished a game where town was fatalistic about her slot and she flipped town (unfortunately i was part of the wagon but that was after she failed to explain her reasoning and thought process after 3 or 4 times of prodding)..to be fair, i admit that carmen is not looking good here and im hoping she'll pop back soon and stop appearing disinterested, but we should give her the opportunity to respond back instead of being so ready to hammer..
I didn't say that town "always" care about their potential mislynch... if you're going to respond to me, try to address what I actually said.
so what did you say actually? you mentioned that town in her position will always care, whereas scum would not [paraphrased]..did i misinterpret anything there?
In post 582, Shoshin wrote:
i care! strongly dislike shoshin post here about quick lynching carmen..are you that confident of scum!carmen? also, are you ignoring my slot for some reason? multiple people have already asked why you think i'm scum, you havent responded yet, but you keep responding to FWS (who is the only one seriously "attacking" you right now)..what gives?
Yes, I'm confident that Carmen's scum. Do you have a problem with my level of confidence?

No, I'm not ignoring your slot. I never said you were scum. But I also haven't had anything to say to you so far.
nope, i dont have a problem with your level of confidence..that's something i even want to have if i would like to improve my game..but personality is something hard to change..
what i do care about though is giving people the chance to respond back before a QH, especially if there's time left on the deadline..and they haven't even claimed..what if she's implying something?
i never said you called my slot scum either..but you've mentioned im not town..so you might as well have implied it? there's just "town" and "not town" in the game..so i dont get what you're trying to say here..also, you're giving carmen heat for not responding "well enough", whereas you're not responding at all (to my questions as to why, at least in the earlier phases before this)..
In post 582, Shoshin wrote:
i liked teacher's stance more..clearly he thinks that carmen might be scum but giving her time to respond and not to QH..
to be clear, im okay with lynching carmen slot, but not before giving her more time to explain..what's the rush here shoshin?
did anyone give intent? im not sure if teacher's statement counted as an intent..so maybe that's why she hasn't claimed?
I'm pretty sure teacher's sheeping my stance on Carmen, at least in part, so it's a bit weird for you to say you like his stance more than mine...
by stance, i mean i like that he's obviously reading carmen's slot as scummy, but is wary not to do a quick hammer..as compared to your stance of being okay of quick hammering her slot right now..that's what i meant..was that clear?
In post 585, Shoshin wrote:xwing, please explain why you think FWS is town, and what specific things about our exchange you agree with him about?
1. i am wary of FWS' entrance, but i already stated in a very early post that my gut read is that he's using reverse-psychology-esque methods, and scum would be too bold to do stuff like this (but then i acknowedlge wifom)..i gave him town points for that, but not a town read
2. i disliked when FWS agreed to unvote you coz people vouched for your townie-ness..
3. ..but liked him again when he tried to pro-actively understand your meta, and had a concluding question of "is it unlikely to happen for scum!shoshin not to improve her scum game?" coz i feel it's a valid point..do you not think so? i have the privilege of not having played with you, so i understand where he's coming from..is this not townie motivation?
4. favorite statement from FWS: "Maybe Shosh should learn to react better to scumreads for her own good?"
5. i like your point on FWS not being unnatural..but i would say he already explained why he behaved like that earlier? it satisfied me enough..do you think it wasn't honest?
6. i agreed with FWS when he mentioned something to the effect that you have strong influence..i mean very early on both tw and irrel came to your defense pretty quickly..
7. i agree with FWS that just because people scum read you doesnt mean they're scum..although i feel FWS was more extreme when he said this (coz fmpov i see that you're juggling with different slots and re-evaluating reads when new info comes along--for example initial scum read on key, which is townie)

in general, im liking FWS because he's willing to go against the flow and stick his neck out..and like krazy, he's concerned enough to go and pluck out meta games (though meta is icky for me, it's more the effort of them taking time to read these stuff)..

just because tw (strong town) or irrel (town lean, was rereading him before your posts) leans town on you doesn't mean you cant be scum, in as much as the same way that tw and irrel reading me as town makes me not scum..this is something i strongly feel about..

pedit: will respond to your newer posts, getting long
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 586, Shoshin wrote:@xwing

Do you agree with FWS that my motive in post 37 was survivalistic and that it was survivalistic in a scummy way?
no, i dont think that post was survivalistic..
what i think is survivalistic is you shouting how townie you are..
i already mentioned early that if it were not for that, i would have had you as my strong town at that point..
In post 586, Shoshin wrote: Do you agree with the points FWS made in 572?
In post 572, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:1. Because you'd hardly done anything towny in the first place. It would make no sense for someone to think of you as obvtown. Therefore, I believe that the scum intention is more likely there than the town intention. I'm not ignoring the fact that it is possible that there is town intention there, I'm saying I believe that to be the less likely scenario.
2. Ok
3. What you say has a lot of influence over other people. Either you know this or you don't and had a kneejerk reaction to pressure if you are scum.
4. How does it seem like its coming from an informed perspective? I'm not denying that they're aren't survivalistic townies. Belittling is a little different. Also I may or may not have mentioned a second part of my Shoshin scumread (I think I hinted to to it): acting like she had before (insinuating she was town, being super confident in reads) while not doing much else for a period of the game because it matches with her meta.
5. The lack of basis for their claim.
6. "or he would have come around on me a long time ago"
If so, please explain why it's more likely for me to have a scum intention in calling a bad vote bad? eExplain why you think FWS had reason to believe my words would have a lot of influence over other people, and explain why you think I would believe that about myself and use it to my advantage as scum? Explain why you think calling a vote bad is the equivalent of "belittling" (what's that even mean?) and why that's scummy? Explain why you think that behaving consistent with a town meta is scummy for me?

If you don't agree with these points, why are you saying that you think I'm scummier than FWS? Why do you disagree with my case on him?
1. i disagree..i already said that you seem like a no-nonsense person and moving out of RVS was townie..that said, i think FWS was scummy for ACTIVELY not moving us out of RVS..BUT my gut feel was it was a reverse psch thing and he actually meant it the other way (too lazy to find an old post where i said something like this, will find if you insist)
3. agree you have strong influence on other people, dont know why this is not evident for you or anyone even VERY EARLY in the game zzzzz..in one of my earliest post i even said there's something between tw irrel and you and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that [paraphrased]..1/3 of players can be considered influential, you reckon? i think it's fairly obvious why influence over people is important in a game that revolves around convincing people..i dont understand what you're getting at with this question..
4. i'm NAI on the "belittling of vote"..i didnt get this..what pinged me here is why say that with no explanation..if you had put in your explanation immediately after saying why the vote is bad, that's good for me..do people have to call stuff out first before explaining things?

re meta, i've already said it multiple times but i can repeat..i dont give meta much weight..you know yourself, people are dynamic beings, people can change their style, people can improve..unless you're saying you're not able to change your meta? and expect all to take your word for it?

im not thinking you're scum coz of FWS' case on you..why are you assuming this? i have my own reasons, thank you very much..
1. you always keep addressing yourself and shouting how townie you are, and (subconsciously??) attacking any who call you scummy (key, FWS, now me)
2. you've ignored multiple "why" questions i've thrown at you (2 or 3 times), which i think is important coz you're giving reads about my slot that you have not explained..if you dont go about explaining them, is it wrong for me to interpret it as throwing shade at my slot? withholding info that is beneficial to town?
3. willing to hammer a slot when we have time and no claims have been made? even if the slot in question is implying something?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 591, Shoshin wrote:
In post 590, xwing wrote:no, i dont think that post was survivalistic..
Then you agree with me, not FWS.
this is same as what you're trying to show my stance of teacher was..
just because i agree with you doesnt make you less scummy..
just because i dont agree with you still doesnt make you less scummy..
what are you trying to point out?
1. i disagree..i already said that you seem like a no-nonsense person and moving out of RVS was townie..that said, i think FWS was scummy for ACTIVELY not moving us out of RVS..BUT my gut feel was it was a reverse psch thing and he actually meant it the other way (too lazy to find an old post where i said something like this, will find if you insist)
Then why would you say you're warming up to FWS re: the "war" (which I assume refers to my latest discussion with FWS)?
that's because aside from FWS, no one seems to be catching on how your slot can be scummy..i dont have a high view of meta as some people here have..but you
4. i'm NAI on the "belittling of vote"..i didnt get this..what pinged me here is why say that with no explanation..if you had put in your explanation immediately after saying why the vote is bad, that's good for me..do people have to call stuff out first before explaining things?
Because my way of responding got more reactions from the players I was interested in. I asked about the vote after the reactions. Again, if you agree with me over FWS on this point, why are you warming up to FWS re: the "war"?
see above..
1. you always keep addressing yourself and shouting how townie you are, and (subconsciously??) attacking any who call you scummy (key, FWS, now me)
This isn't scummy. Also, you're wrong that I'm attacking people who call me scummy. I locktowned the worst after he voted me, didn't call Key scummy after he defended Carmen's vote (I said his response was "absurd," but not necessarily scummy), and I still haven't said you're scum but the fact that you said you agreed with FWS over me is definitely a point of concern, and it has nothing to do with you attacking me, more to do with you agreeing with FWS.
i dont get how you can say you said im not scum..coz you definitely said im not town (will link if you want, lazy to find)..so huh?? like there's only black and white, and you say im not white..then doesnt that imply im black? like huh? also, you keep bringing up points about "agreeing"..there are points i agree with you and disagree with FWS, there are points i agree with FWS and disagree with you..why is that concerning? like for example teacher is a town lean of mine, but i didnt agree to everything he said, nor should i be inclined to agree to everything he says..so what's your point?
2. you've ignored multiple "why" questions i've thrown at you (2 or 3 times), which i think is important coz you're giving reads about my slot that you have not explained..if you dont go about explaining them, is it wrong for me to interpret it as throwing shade at my slot? withholding info that is beneficial to town?
What question do you want me to answer? As for "throwing unexplained shade at your slot," if that's scummy from your perspective, then why are you taking issue with me when I call out others for throwing badly-reasoned shade at my slot?
i have been asking you why you think my slot is not town (does that not mean my slot is scum for you? i dont get what's with the problem with semantics here)..multiple people have noted it and wondered out loud..and you dont bother to explain why? why do you insist that im taking issue with you coz of other's reasoning when i blatantly expressed that im not scum reading you for that?
3. willing to hammer a slot when we have time and no claims have been made? even if the slot in question is implying something?
This isn't scummy. I already gave that slot a chance to respond to the pressure. She refused. And besides, I'm confident on the read. There's nothing scummy about wanting to hammer a slot that I think is scum... unless you think my confidence isn't supported by my reasoning, which you've already said isn't the case...
[/quote]
whether it's scummy to you or not doesnt really matter..it's my read, not yours..im getting irritated here..yes, she (carmen) did refuse, but she implied why..even tw would rather she (carmen) not claim until some condition! why do you not say tw is scummy then?
In post 592, Shoshin wrote:Why'd I say xwing is scum if one of Carmen or FWS is town?

Because if I'm wrong about one of Carmen/FWS, scum know I'm wrong. As a result of that knowledge, I'd expect some types of scum playeres (e.g. xwing) to start putting pressure on me now, knowing that I'm going to look foolish after one of Carmen/FWS flips town. It's how newer scum tend to think, because they're not as experienced at hiding their inside knowledge. And in xwing's case, it's especially concerning because he says he's warming up to FWS in my "war" with him, but when questioned about the substance of that "war," it turns out that he actually agrees with me that my response to Carmen's vote wasn't scummy (as well as agreeing with me about a whole bunch of other things, including the fact that FWS was scummy at the start of the game).

I think town in xwing's position wouldn't be casting shade on me until AFTER one of Carmen/FWS flips, especially since xwing appears to support the lynch on Carmen.
as someone who claims they dont have a good scum game, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of how scum thinks? takes one to know one?
yes, i dont agree with FWS on his survivalistic reason, but what i agree on is your self-focus and self-meta, and the one thing i liked most about what he said is that, [paraphrased] people can improve their own game/meta..just because your previous scum game was so bad doesnt translate to it being bad all the way..does this seem irrational?
again, im not you, so stop thinking everyone thinks like you..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 am

Post by xwing »

In post 599, the worst wrote:I actually want to hammer Carmen.
[snip]
was this statement true, or were you trying to test something, or a lil bit of both?
In post 619, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:Sorry for jumping the gun yesterday.
errrr no..i gave shoshin a hard time simply for *wanting* to hammer someone who was implying a PR..what more to someone who *actually* hammered with like 6+ days left to discuss.. :facepalm: anyway you're at L-1 soooo there's that..
why? what's with the hammer?
In post 644, Irrelephant11 wrote::O
Just noticed -

H
A
P
P
Y
S
C
U
M
D
A
Y
E
W
O
!!
*quack*
happy scum day tw!!

..to be continued..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 am

Post by xwing »

In post 635, Irrelephant11 wrote:*sigh*
I wish I had unvoted on my v/la prodge vote

teacher, xwing, krazy, I need you three to sort each other. Thx <3
quick version:

teacher

1. liked his catch-up post, i read it as effort to sort everyone in the game..i think i mentioned this somewhere already..
2. kinda drops off near the end, might be coz of IRL stuff i dunno..
3. noted that he promised to get back on but didnt, might be coz the thread got locked before he had the chance to talk, could be busy..i dunno..giving benefit of the doubt..
4. i thought his theory on people shading his slot as scummy theory interesting..but need to hear more from him..

krazy

1. dislike early posts..got nothing to go with those..
2. dislike meta links..felt LAMIST..i dont expect everyone (i wont, honestly) to read up lots of past games to sort people, i believe in reading people in the actual game itself, though i understand that some people are good at meta and stuff, and it has some weight to a certain degree..but i've never played with all the others so it seems like a waste of time (for me anyway)..
3. i like that he put in effort to sort everyone after those early nothing posts..but i need to hear more from him too..

i feel they are both null/town to me..but if you want me to pick one over the other, i felt like krazy did more sorting than teacher in the overall game..
In post 640, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 568, Keyser Söze wrote:Quick Kray thoughts:

- consistent focus/infatuation with meta analysis (appears their strength, so obviously reliance on it is expected, instead of hiding behind it).
- In no rush to ‘do their thing’ (didn’t feel pressured/self conscious enough to produce content early for the sake of it.)
- Demonstrates no qualms putting two strong/vocal/active players in null (for paranoia/meta reasons)
- I like Kray’s references to how each player sees themselves versus how Kray sees them/the situation
- Even though there is a lot of null in their reads tiers, Kray is not afraid to include frequent reads as definitive as ‘I see this way more often from town’ / ‘town for me’. These observations make me feel better. More of these please (makes you less hedgy, and more direct).

Enough to move Kray out of null.
I think I'll sheep Keyser to town-Krazy
xwing is my new most important sort
Accidental wolf-sider or taking advantage of a split town? that is the question.
also why is xwing using so many ".." this game?
i find this segment insightful..please talk to yourself more.. :D
1. why do you think it's wise to sheep keyser when sorting krazy (other than the flip of course)?
2. how do you determine what's your important sort?
3. go question..
4. you only noticed just now? :lol: you can refer to our past completed game..hope it's not annoying for anyone though..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:09 am

Post by xwing »

i had a town lean on teacher at the start..people didnt like his catch-up post for some reason but i actually liked it enough to give him a town-lean..im not sure if his slight inactivity should be noted, but it's something that negatively affected my read of his slot, so i want to hear more from him..usually, when people in my games promise to do something but they don't, they turn out to be scum buying for time..but i'd rather still give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage coz he did mention prior that he's got some IRL stuff..

krazy is a slot i would like to think is town..he's been meta-diving/sorting people which is pretty townie..i just can't shake off the gut feeling on the meta links posts..i know he explained why he did it and all (and maaaaaaybe it can be for everyone's benefit as well if we're too lazy to click on each name and see their completed games)..but it just felt LAMIST to me, and i havent really encountered any player who does these kinds of things (maybe meta-ing for a particular person in question or in a hot seat, but certainly not every slot)..that's why i wanna see more from him..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:16 am

Post by xwing »

what's parity first?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 am

Post by xwing »

if i had to i'd pick teacher..
how about you?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 am

Post by xwing »

fmpov, main reason is the verified townie (keyser) was suspecting FWS, irrel, and teacher.. (on my reread)
FWS is fairly obvious with the hammer..
irrel is meh, but from what i've seen in his musings D2, im leaning town on him..so im overriding his read here..

that leaves teacher by PoE..honestly, i havent found anything scummy from teacher yet though..and this assumes that keyser's got an accurate read..and i'd rather get my own reads than sheep from others..

Spoiler: ?
what's:
1. "tin-foil" - from irrel
2. "hardest slot" - maybe teacher should answer this
3. "strawman" - havent been used here if iirc, but i read it often too
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 656, the worst wrote:i still kinda swing back to town on you
not sure if I'm being bad or sentimental bc we've towned together before

:?
this implies you swung scum on me at some point? where? why?
i think it's better to sort this out as early as we can, rather than later..
also, funny, you didnt strike me as a sentimental character, i must say im pleasantly surprised and oddly touched.. :oops:
In post 657, teacher wrote:I’m not going to be able to solve until tomorrow night at best and most likely Saturday . If people wanna try to hammer me before then, they should. Given how I’ve played, I should not be allowed to make it to lylo which is tomorrow with a mislynch. I agree that sheep looks scummy from yesterday but I’ve done no nka.

Responding at somewhat random, I didn’t talk because the hammer came before I logged on. (@xeing I think). And sorry for my time zone screwup on your weekend.
okay, this is officially your first post that didnt sit too well with me..why are you being fatalistic on your slot? no one's even tried to form a wagon on you D2 yet..
also, nvm on the timezone screw-up, understand it's really confusing so no offense taken.. :)
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by xwing »

might be my last chance for the day to look and see, will respond tom (if there's any)..
In post 660, the worst wrote:
In post 659, xwing wrote:this implies you swung scum on me at some point? where? why?
it's something I'm kinda constantly reevaluating especially since my strongest townread has you firmly PoE'd, below is an example
In post 615, the worst wrote:if my soul is correct we nuke teacher after floofz
if my soul is incorrect Shoshin is probably even MORE ridiculously good than I thought she was, and also I am very bad at reading newbies

I don't wanna townread Relly rn but he's kinda floating out of my scumdar. unsure if concerning or I'm finally being good at mafia
sorry, i dont follow still? i mean the second part of your sentence..im fine with the re-evaluating part..
In post 670, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:[snip]
Responding to walls is fun.
Teacher: Interesting how?
krazy: What do you mean by "got nothing to do with those"? Do you mean its a gutread or that Krazy is intentionally making posts that you cannot read?
Also how is posting meta reads lamist? With that logic you can call declaring intent lamist. Or making an RVS vote lamist.
Ok I'm done
prologue: sorry if it seems i talk too much..find it hard to be concise..will try..
1. interesting because in a way he's implying those scumreading him are scum..from top of my head that's tw and irrel..i got strong town on tw, and town lean on irrel at the start of D2..so nice food for thought, though im not sold and wanna hear more..
2. i said got nothing to "GO" with those early posts, meaning NAI..
3. meta read by itself is fine, even though i dont quite agree with it..what i found lamist was actually posting the links for all of us to see that he's going to meta-dive..hope that's clear..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 676, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:[snip]
krazy: What do you mean by "got nothing to do with those"? Do you mean its a gutread or that Krazy is intentionally making posts that you cannot read?
Also how is posting meta reads lamist? With that logic you can call declaring intent lamist. Or making an RVS vote lamist.
Ok I'm done
prologue: sorry if it seems i talk too much..find it hard to be concise..will try..
1. interesting because in a way he's implying those scumreading him are scum..from top of my head that's tw and irrel..i got strong town on tw, and town lean on irrel at the start of D2..so nice food for thought, though im not sold and wanna hear more..
3. meta read by itself is fine, even though i dont quite agree with it..what i found lamist was actually posting the links for all of us to see that he's going to meta-dive..hope that's clear..
1. Makes sense.
2. So do you dislike the posts or are they NAI?
3. So? There's nothing wrong with that.
*sorry i messed up the quotes, dont want to start again..
2. they are NAI and didnt understand some (a lot of inside references which i just ignored)
3. i never said there was anything wrong with that..i just said it felt LAMIST to me..why does this bother you?
what are your questions supposed to suss out from me?
In post 682, Krazy wrote:Like this is almost something I should ask in postgame but I guess I just need to know, Sho -- wtf is this?

viewtopic.php?t=77435&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
what are we supposed to glean from here? (too lazy, didnt read but skimmed VERY quickly and just noticed her responses were very short)..
In post 727, Irrelephant11 wrote:shoshin reaffirm my townread on the worst please

xwing is there any chance sheep is town?
[snip]
at the start, i was leaning town on him, but his lolhammer is just so bad in my eyes..we got 5 or 6+ days left where we could have talked more (carmen isnt escaping anywhere)..besides that carmen was implying PR..
right now, i feel some semblance of hunting, but feels faked to me..like i dont get what his questions to me is supposed to do about my alignment..
but at least, i gleaned something..FWS seems to be (very softly) defending krazy? like i dont really get where the trajectory of his questioning re what i felt was lamist..i mean he could have just said he disagreed with it then end of story..i mean it was my read, and we dont have to concur about it, nor am i forcing him to concur with me..
so tldr, meh slight chance he's town, but im treating him as conf!scum right now unless he does something incredibly convincing..
In post 718, teacher wrote: FWIW, MY triple ISO is you Shosh FWS since Im treating FWS as claimed scum, and Krazy hasnt said enough to make it worth testing associations.

I didnt catch it in real time for 220, but I found it odd just how much attention FWS and Shosh paid each other in RVS. Fully 20% of the first hundred posts of the game is those two slots talking about the other. 17, 21, 22, 27, 30, 35, 38, 39, 40, 44, 49, 51, 60, 61, 64, 66, 67, 96, 97, 100
nice to see this..what do you think about sho-FWS interactions then?
In post 722, the worst wrote:I kinda get the read dissonance on Floofz. every time I reread him I keep seeing things that could come from town, also like, everyone looks like town atm :? just Floofz looks the least town and I think the timing of teacher's towny moments might be scum indicative...
re teacher, why do you think it might be scum indicative?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by xwing »

forgot to mention:
@mod: V/LA on weekends (it's almost Friday night here right now FYI)

will try to read and respond when i can..thanks.. :)
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by xwing »

sorry reaaaalllyy last one quick..
In post 737, the worst wrote:I mean his input so far feels orchestrated as hell and directly defies a lot of general town consensus which I think is probably slightly >rand scum but also it's well below his abilities as scum and his tonal stuff feels pure enough

his play so far just reads a bit blocky if that makes sense
like he's playing Minecraft and we're all playing call of duty or smth

I'm bad at analogies and invite everybody to please read my mind so I don't have to explain things anymore

tyia

pedit: seeya later Relly <3
sorry to do this to you but yeah your analogy is bad i didnt get it at all..please try again? :)
In post 738, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:
In post 705, Irrelephant11 wrote:sheep, krazy has given intent so in your next post you should claim
When?
just one or two pages back..hopefully you're reading the game and not skimming..
In post 739, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:
In post 713, Irrelephant11 wrote:No? I explained already how sheep started the game with "I'm gonna metadive shoshin"
then he didn't share any results of that meta dive itt for a long time, and because he didn't know shoshin's meta he scumread her
but then I thought he accidentally slipped that he'd read Shoshin's post 2024 from another game, which would prove he *was* familiar with her meta and was faking the scumread on her
but then he might have said 2024 because it's the game number (still, though: what are the odds that shoshin wrote post 2024 in another game in response to something the worst said?)
I was joking when I said the metadive thing.
@FWS, what did you hope to achieve by saying it then? it wasnt obvious enough to treat as a joke (i know i didnt..)
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:05 am

Post by xwing »

sorry, taking too long to fix tags, will just do the easier way of multiple posts for this..
In post 747, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:
Spoiler: Big quote
In post 740, xwing wrote:
In post 676, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:[snip]
Ok I'm done
1. Makes sense.
2. So do you dislike the posts or are they NAI?
3. So? There's nothing wrong with that.
*sorry i messed up the quotes, dont want to start again..
2. they are NAI and didnt understand some (a lot of inside references which i just ignored)
3. i never said there was anything wrong with that..i just said it felt LAMIST to me..why does this bother you?
what are your questions supposed to suss out from me?
In post 682, Krazy wrote:Like this is almost something I should ask in postgame but I guess I just need to know, Sho -- wtf is this?

viewtopic.php?t=77435&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
what are we supposed to glean from here? (too lazy, didnt read but skimmed VERY quickly and just noticed her responses were very short)..
In post 727, Irrelephant11 wrote:shoshin reaffirm my townread on the worst please

xwing is there any chance sheep is town?
[snip]
at the start, i was leaning town on him, but his lolhammer is just so bad in my eyes..we got 5 or 6+ days left where we could have talked more (carmen isnt escaping anywhere)..besides that carmen was implying PR..
right now, i feel some semblance of hunting, but feels faked to me..like i dont get what his questions to me is supposed to do about my alignment..
but at least, i gleaned something..FWS seems to be (very softly) defending krazy? like i dont really get where the trajectory of his questioning re what i felt was lamist..i mean he could have just said he disagreed with it then end of story..i mean it was my read, and we dont have to concur about it, nor am i forcing him to concur with me..
so tldr, meh slight chance he's town, but im treating him as conf!scum right now unless he does something incredibly convincing..
In post 718, teacher wrote: FWIW, MY triple ISO is you Shosh FWS since Im treating FWS as claimed scum, and Krazy hasnt said enough to make it worth testing associations.

I didnt catch it in real time for 220, but I found it odd just how much attention FWS and Shosh paid each other in RVS. Fully 20% of the first hundred posts of the game is those two slots talking about the other. 17, 21, 22, 27, 30, 35, 38, 39, 40, 44, 49, 51, 60, 61, 64, 66, 67, 96, 97, 100
nice to see this..what do you think about sho-FWS interactions then?
In post 722, the worst wrote:I kinda get the read dissonance on Floofz. every time I reread him I keep seeing things that could come from town, also like, everyone looks like town atm :? just Floofz looks the least town and I think the timing of teacher's towny moments might be scum indicative...
re teacher, why do you think it might be scum indicative?

2. Why did you say you disliked them? Don't use "Why do you care so much?" as an answer.
3. It bothers me because what you're saying doesn't make sense. What does LAMIST mean to you?
2. i disliked them because his early posts are not advancing the game out of RVS, and his references to "inside jokes" is lost to me
3. LAMIST for me in short means "trying-hard" to appear town..so researching past games is something anyone can do, and the fact that he posted them for all of us to see appears *to me, at least* as LAMIST because if he wanted to meta dive, he can do it w/o posting here and just doing it anyway..then letting us know what he gleaned and linking the games when someone challenges..

too bad you've asked for replacement..i just dont understand where your trajectory is going with this..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:16 am

Post by xwing »

Spoiler: krazy meta diving stuff
In post 753, Krazy wrote:
In post 740, xwing wrote:what are we supposed to glean from here? (too lazy, didnt read but skimmed VERY quickly and just noticed her responses were very short)..
This is a towngame by Sho where she sheeps people, but mostly it just feels really different to the other towngames I've played with her. Like she says at one point that she was deliberately trying something new, so it's odd to see her kinda go back to her 'usual' playstyle after an experiment like that
In post 758, Krazy wrote:So thank you Teacher for bringing this up -- viewtopic.php?t=75861&f=50&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

This is a really fascinating scum game and it's pretty exciting to look through.

Elephant is... surprisingly strong as scum. I think part of what makes this game so jarring for me is how frontloaded his conversation of his scumpartner is; he talks about Nauci in the game quite a bit early on. Partly this is due to a wagon forming on Nauci, and a lot of it has to do with interrogating people for moving off the Nauci wagon, which is some smooth distancing.

In fact it's almost jarring how focused the conversation is on his partner, in large part because of the wagons again, but at a glance I'd say Elephant actually seems a bit *overly focused*. Like it's the opposite of how someone like HeWhoSwims plays scum, where they kind of don't want to commit to a read on their partner's slot at all. I'm almost inclined to say that Elephant, as scum, treats his partner here like 'normal scum' would try to pocket someone. It's kinda cool.

So a few observations here:

-First, as an analogue, this scum game offers from the meta problem analysis problem that it is in the newbie queue, which on the whole tends to favor longer posts. To that respect, the 'zoom out test' as I call it doesn't work here. Elephant's posts here are a lot more casual and more chatty, which suggests both that he has softened up a bit and I'd say grown more comfortable as a player. It also means that one of my usual testing methods though (how does the player construct a post?) is not actually that helpful. Because it's quite different. Other things, like memes and jokes, are much more common here as well. Irrelephant has, without doubt, become funnier over time.

But in terms of substance, I think I think I am confident in saying I would maintain my townlean on Elephant every time. As much as Elephant might warm up as a player over time, I feel like it is much harder to practice, as scum, mimicking the 'scum-hunting' thought processes that he has as town. So what I notice in this game is that he tends to push wagons, but doesn't start to overly focus on wagon analysis or reacting to people discussing that particular player. He moves around a lot more, he focuses more on independent reads of other players, and continues to explore the mindset of players. Elephant here doesn't seem to have the 'agenda' that he does in his scum win in newbie queue.

So, I am really glad Teacher mentioned this game so that I have a scum game from Elephant to work with, it's fascinating material, and it almost makes me want to commit to a solid townread on him. If I wasn't still permanently scarred from other games where I committed to hard townreads, I probably would.

i must say i was skeptical of krazy doing a meta read of the players (just imagining doing makes me feel exhausted), but i can see he's done it with at least 4 players now, and quite accurately with 2 at least (with both teacher and shoshin affirming it or at least not denying it)..there can't be 3 scum in this game right? so i have to say im getting more comfortable with my town lean here..

@krazy: are you also going to do mine and tw? also, what do you mean with irrel "frontloading" his conversation? did i understand correctly that you meant he's tunneled into his partner that game? how do you conduct your "zoom-out" test and what does it do to help us catch scum?
@irrel: what do you think of his meta read on you?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 am

Post by xwing »

In post 771, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:Hi, so I might as well claim.
I am an informed townie. I was informed that Carmen was town. That might have contributed to some weirdness around the slot.
this makes no sense at all.. :facepalm:
if you knew carmen was town, i can understand if you want to pressure that slot or put up some kind of tests to see who would jump on the wagon and not..
but im grasping at air as to why you would actually hammer the slot..?? it makes absolutely no sense..
In post 777, teacher wrote:
In post 608, schadd_ wrote:Town Ascetic 1-shot Tracker!
Nobody has commented on this yet, so I will.

I found Both the ascetic and the one-shot parts of this PR interesting.

Togetherm they suggest either 2 additional PRs or a weak scum team. I think that will be determined by the strength of Sheep's flip.

From a town-PR perspective, ascetic inhibits jailkeeper or investigative. Since we have some semi-newbs here, I will give some jailkeeping advice. If sheep flips town (:lol:), you should act as a doctor. When sheep flips scum, act as a cop, since there is likely one scum left. Crumb who you are going to keep, since you could die, and having a clear will help town just as much as if you had survived and could provide your clear.

Speaking of, Elephant provided this advice after a past game here. While I disagree with how he applied it in that game and who he applied it too, I think the theory behind it is very sound.
thanks teacher, this is very informative..it's the first time for me to encounter "ascetic" and "one-shot" in the game..
In post 819, Alonzo wrote:I was told Carmans alignment and role
okaaaaaay..unfortunately you cant answer for FWS but summary is your slot quick hammered carmen..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 am

Post by xwing »

In post 781, teacher wrote:
In post 779, teacher wrote:It was
FWS
(17),
Carmen
36, TW 73, and
Keyser
79. I wanted to plant this for others to consider - It may make me reconsider my own views on XW-Elephant-Shoshin, since the latter two are off.
I meant former two, not latter. Having thought about it for a bit, I dont think scum!Elephant pushes against his partner's possibly successful wagon this early, and after an unannounced L-1. This is another towny point for Elephant, and moves him up.

Im at XW or Shoshin for FWS's partner. I have had more scummy vibes from Shoshin, but XWing secured some hardtownreads, including from me, for what looking back are mostly tonal things, and has since coasted. I know they are vla weekends, so would prefer that this day extend into the week when they can post reactions as well, including to my answer to Shoshin's question once I understand it.
Spoiler: full board
Teacher
TW - if he's scum, I think the game is lost.
Krazy - Like what Ive seen. NKA plus genuine reads/lack of defensiveness.
Elephant - The Sho inno, combined with the D2 effort, make it unlikely to be FWS's partner
XWing - will reevaluate and provide lengthier thoughts when I understand Sho's question.
Sho - scummy vibes already detailed at length. Also think FWS's partner wants to be on wagon today.
FWS - claimed scum.
thanks for admitting your bias, your reads/analysis seem to be genuine for me..
im quite surprised no one pushed the narrative on shoshin vs me?
anyway my thought is, FWS doesnt seem to be partnered with shoshin based on their interactions, so im willing to stay off her for now..
FWS just tunneled into her D1, and even coming into D2..im thinking scum wouldn't bus their partner that hard knowing that they're already in town's red-alert radar..it would actually make sense to do the opposite and draw as less attention as they can, under the guise of defending his own slot from getting lynched..then again, maybe im reading this too surface-level/gut-feel, but i've arrived at the opposite conclusion as you with regards to this..
i've still got my suspicions on scum!shoshin that would take time to heal, and im digging your reads on that slot (maybe got a bit of bias as well with people who share my gut reads), but im just not seeing an FWS-shoshin team..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:18 am

Post by xwing »

possible scum partners of FWS:
irrel: possible, coz of the tin-foil casing..trying to find anything for distancing purposes and letting it slide as tin-foil..WK shoshin..
krazy: possibly yes..slot got "soft-defended" by FWS..
shoshin: not likely, explained at length..
teacher: same with shoshin, but to a lesser extent..im seeing genuine intent in trying to find the scum partner, and i dont feel like he's conf!scum FWS is for show..
tw: dont think so..also doesn't make sense to be one of the voters on the wagon, yet still cast a bit of doubt in scum!FWS at the last minute (see below)? reads as genuine town paranoia to me..

likeliness-order in relation with scum!FWS:
{irrel, krazy, teacher, shoshin, tw}
In post 824, the worst wrote:I think that slot actually might be town? but we're still lynching it with fire
why do you think it still might be town?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by xwing »

Sorry I was on flight.. Phone posting..
In post 931, Shoshin wrote:Wow, xwing is scum. That game you just linked confirms it. All the things I find scummy here aren't present in that game. Very telling imo
I think this is an accurate read from Sho.. But I'm not scum.. What did you find scummy first though?
In post 924, Irrelephant11 wrote:Early game reminded me of our completed game

Shoshin is still probtown
No clue from there
Not too sold.. Why did you stop only at my early game and didn't consider the rest of how I played? You were the one who played most recently with me so I have a higher expectation that you would catch something amiss with my play.. Either lack of effort or intentionally scummy for frame up on me.. Why is Sho only probtown?? Did you read Alonzo last posts and flip?
In post 937, teacher wrote:And no, sho is not a clear despite the neapolitian result. Given the flipped PRs (ascetic that only affects scum and a one shot investigative) think scum has a role cop and a goon. Sho could be the goon who reported as vanilla. That is why I’m still pressing my questions. My gut without a reread is still that both scum were on the day 1 wagon, and Elephant is the rolecop. He has played with me often enough to know my strong views that it’s normally 1:1 on a day one wagon, and I view the nk of tw as laying up the frame for xwing, who suddenly gets pushed at day start.
I'm not sure if I should believe this but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.. But I have a different take.. I've been thinking about it but could it be possible that scum might be informed as well? Like carmen fws? Like maybe scum knows there is one protective? Seeing that we got informed neapolitan? Can possibly explain the no NK on Sho.. Im not familiar with setups though..
In post 955, Shoshin wrote:I don't think Krazy is scum.
Why not? No use withholding your reads at this stage..
In post 970, Shoshin wrote:Well, where's xwing? Guess he gave up?
No I don't give up like that.. Just don't like phone posting but got no choice.. Request to not qh let's discuss.. I only have some free time to post during vacay will try my best.. Dont lynch based on activity (teacher I don't like that)
In post 973, Shoshin wrote:I don't understand why scum leave me alive...
Sho has been the only slot who has seriously been scum reading me early on so she's consistent.. I was the one who earlier scum read her slot.. And shes now conf town.. Take those together and I'm easy lynch bait.. But take it with a grain of salt of course.. Im seeing this as a frame up job.. More from scum irrel who has been at her side so very early (pocket?).. Also note tw has been town reading my slot.. And got killed.. Of course he's got his concerns which is fine but overall got me as town.. Add that in as well..
In post 980, Krazy wrote:
In post 954, teacher wrote:<3 too Kray; I feel much the same way.
Thinking this through. On the one hand, okay, your read of me changed. On the other hand, I'm a little worried that your read of me changed after Shoshin asked whether both you and Irrel agreed that I was town. I hate accusing people of political reads, and I don't think it's unreasonable to take Shoshin's argument seriously, but the development of your read of me is a bit jarring. Mostly because it seemed like I was your top scumread, and now you've kinda flipped your reads since Thursday in ways that just happen to align more with Sho's.
I can see what you mean by this and I agree on this read.. What do you think of irrel? Did you read my meta at all though?

How does irrel teacher sound? Too much to be bussing? Both playing extremely well?

I'm one shot doctor.. Last night I used my heal to protect Sho.. Reason is fmpov neapolitan got her cleared.. So she would be obvious NK..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by xwing »

Please do not qh.. Gtg.. Will posts more when I come back..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:53 am

Post by xwing »

In post 823, xwing wrote:
In post 771, FLUFFY WHITE SHEEP wrote:Hi, so I might as well claim.
I am an informed townie. I was informed that Carmen was town. That might have contributed to some weirdness around the slot.
this makes no sense at all.. :facepalm:
if you knew carmen was town, i can understand if you want to pressure that slot or put up some kind of tests to see who would jump on the wagon and not..
but im grasping at air as to why you would actually hammer the slot..?? it makes absolutely no sense..
In post 777, teacher wrote:
In post 608, schadd_ wrote:Town Ascetic 1-shot Tracker!
Nobody has commented on this yet, so I will.

I found Both the ascetic and the one-shot parts of this PR interesting.

Togetherm they suggest either 2 additional PRs or a weak scum team. I think that will be determined by the strength of Sheep's flip.

From a town-PR perspective, ascetic inhibits jailkeeper or investigative. Since we have some semi-newbs here, I will give some jailkeeping advice. If sheep flips town (:lol:), you should act as a doctor. When sheep flips scum, act as a cop, since there is likely one scum left. Crumb who you are going to keep, since you could die, and having a clear will help town just as much as if you had survived and could provide your clear.

Speaking of, Elephant provided this advice after a past game here. While I disagree with how he applied it in that game and who he applied it too, I think the theory behind it is very sound.
thanks teacher, this is very informative..it's the first time for me to encounter "ascetic" and "one-shot" in the game..
In post 819, Alonzo wrote:I was told Carmans alignment and role
okaaaaaay..unfortunately you cant answer for FWS but summary is your slot quick hammered carmen..
In post 825, xwing wrote:
In post 781, teacher wrote:
In post 779, teacher wrote:It was
FWS
(17),
Carmen
36, TW 73, and
Keyser
79. I wanted to plant this for others to consider - It may make me reconsider my own views on XW-Elephant-Shoshin, since the latter two are off.
I meant former two, not latter. Having thought about it for a bit, I dont think scum!Elephant pushes against his partner's possibly successful wagon this early, and after an unannounced L-1. This is another towny point for Elephant, and moves him up.

Im at XW or Shoshin for FWS's partner. I have had more scummy vibes from Shoshin, but XWing secured some hardtownreads, including from me, for what looking back are mostly tonal things, and has since coasted. I know they are vla weekends, so would prefer that this day extend into the week when they can post reactions as well, including to my answer to Shoshin's question once I understand it.
Spoiler: full board
Teacher
TW - if he's scum, I think the game is lost.
Krazy - Like what Ive seen. NKA plus genuine reads/lack of defensiveness.
Elephant - The Sho inno, combined with the D2 effort, make it unlikely to be FWS's partner
XWing - will reevaluate and provide lengthier thoughts when I understand Sho's question.
Sho - scummy vibes already detailed at length. Also think FWS's partner wants to be on wagon today.
FWS - claimed scum.
thanks for admitting your bias, your reads/analysis seem to be genuine for me..
im quite surprised no one pushed the narrative on shoshin vs me?
anyway my thought is, FWS doesnt seem to be partnered with shoshin based on their interactions, so im willing to stay off her for now..
FWS just tunneled into her D1, and even coming into D2..im thinking scum wouldn't bus their partner that hard knowing that they're already in town's red-alert radar..it would actually make sense to do the opposite and draw as less attention as they can, under the guise of defending his own slot from getting lynched..then again, maybe im reading this too surface-level/gut-feel, but i've arrived at the opposite conclusion as you with regards to this..
i've still got my suspicions on scum!shoshin that would take time to heal, and im digging your reads on that slot (maybe got a bit of bias as well with people who share my gut reads), but im just not seeing an FWS-shoshin team..
In post 985, Krazy wrote:Did you crumb?
It's my first time to draw pr so I tried to hint at it with my playstyle and a lil word play.. Not exactly sure how to do a proper breadcrumb.. Something that scum will not pickup easily.. Though its moot now since I've used my power already..
Hard to edit so I just posted all and will explain..

First post: I reacted to a teacher post when he was saying how a pr should behave.. I was making it appear like I'm a noob who didn't understood what ascetic and one shot is.. But what I'm actually doing is letting town know that yes I'm a noob but I copy and will do what was suggested here.. Also no one else objected or commented on that post so game wise the advice seemed sound..

Second post: I mentioned that my suspicions on SHOSHIN would take time to HEAL..my target and my action.. I was debating to heal sho or Tw (both townie by gen concensus) And of course saw no need to change my target after Alonzo flip as he conf!town sho before death..

Early game thought that sho was scum.. And one of irrel and Tw was scum with her.. After game progressed more I changed my thought to irrel as investigative Coz tw was playing too townie (risking eating the kill) to be pr.. But after Alonzo flipped neap.. Im thinking that irrel is actually scum unless there is more than one investigative.. Which is off the table now. Anyway as everyone claimed vt except me..
I really thought Sho was scum with her self defensiveness.. But i made a push on her too Coz I had a secondary objective to see how tw and irrel respond (as the 2 staunch defenders.. Were they guilty of tmi or something).. I must say I'm quite disappointed with irrel's.. If someone like sho who haven't played with me can so easily see how diff I played here after reading one town game of mine.. I expected town irrel to pick this up and question me as he has just finished playing with me and he gave me a hard town read that game.. That was why I prodded him to talk more about his "irrel talks to himself" post.. See if he was just busy irl or something.. Disappointed he didn't pick up on it coz I would have cleared him if he grilled me more.. Tw had game solving posts all throughout the game and was willing to cast suspicion on my slot even though he concluded I was still town..twas his original read.. Whereas irrel is just seeping other's read on me.. Feels like a setup for the fall..

My playstyle: if you've seen my previous games.. You'll see I show my thoughts out (maybe too much even) coz I like to be transparent.. But not so in this game.. I've read somewhere that advice for protective is to try to remain hidden.. So I played my usual role at the start.. But tried to be scummy (opportunistic on my push on sho even though I did really pegged her as scum that time so my reasons for finding her scummy was true).. Didn't attempt to vote at all through entire game not even in rvs (no one noticed? Strange.. I thought that was quite scummy)..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 am

Post by xwing »

In post 986, teacher wrote:
In post 983, xwing wrote:I'm one shot doctor..
Wow Im so torn on this claim (as I hinted last night). On one hand, it makes perfect sense with a one-shot ascetic semi investigative and a second investigative, and with a scum no-Sho NK. OTOH, it is a perfect gambit for scum to try to secure success.

Im going to have to with my own gut reads and say Im back to Elephant-Krazy. This is the claim that makes the TW NK
not
redeem Krazy. And so I still have my independent scummread there. Still not at all sold, still want slots to play today. On that note, I have to say the scumteam is, as TW said, fire.

But I do want Elephant lynched, and I think the strength of his flip informs me on this claim as well.
Teacher why are you not scum? How are you more sure of irrel being scum vs me as scum gamiting?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by xwing »

@sho: fws seemed weird for me coz of the blatant anti towniness, tunnel on rvs.. All caps typing.. Its just too much attention on his slot if you know what I mean.. So he's either scum or PR.. Early on I'm really confused on how to read the slot.. When I mentioned he was weird.. I was leaning more on PR.. Also are you clearing me as town or not? Got confused coz you called me town but shade me the post after (not really shade but I dunno how to call it.. Uhm doubt? Something like that)

@irrel: what do you mean by my sxumminess confirmed before you dove in? Got confused.. Im not partners with anyone..

Im travelling again today will try to be more active.. Phone posting sucks.. Either tw or teacher really got a lot of time in their hands to format and stuff via phone lol
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by xwing »

@sho: fws seemed weird for me coz of the blatant anti towniness, tunnel on rvs.. All caps typing.. Its just too much attention on his slot if you know what I mean.. So he's either scum or PR.. Early on I'm really confused on how to read the slot.. When I mentioned he was weird.. I was leaning more on PR.. Also are you clearing me as town or not? Got confused coz you called me town but shade me the post after (not really shade but I dunno how to call it.. Uhm doubt? Something like that)

@irrel: what do you mean by my sxumminess confirmed before you dove in? Got confused.. Im not partners with anyone..

Im travelling again today will try to be more active.. Phone posting sucks.. Either tw or teacher really got a lot of time in their hands to format and stuff via phone lol
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by xwing »

Oops sorry dunno how I double posted..
@mod can help delete one please? Thanks
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 1028, Shoshin wrote:Between teacher and Krazy, who is scum xwing?
I'd choose teacher.. Why is irrel not on the list though? I find the early play scummier.. Though his d2 is better.. Im not sure if I believe the genuineness of his gripe about early play too..
In post 1032, Irrelephant11 wrote:trying to decide if shoshin surviving last night is indicative of:
- Krazy saying he's paranoid about shoshin
- teacher's read of shoshin last game day, which I actually don't remember offhand
What do you think of my theory about informed scum? Do you think it is far fetched?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by xwing »

Missed to ask irrel: what's your conclusion on the vca?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by xwing »

Irrel and krazy observations are not far from truth.. I would say I'm really not so engaged this game.. Im on vacay and phone posting so I don't have time to reread the whole game multiple times (like I actually do when I have time) so I'm mostly going on recent posts..
But early game I played as I intended to..
Happy thanksgiving all!
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by xwing »

Sorry you rolled scum teacher..
VOTE: teacher
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by xwing »

Nice try krazy you're next.. Teacher/krazy team..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by xwing »

Good game all! Thanks for the wonderful nodding schadd_!
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by xwing »

Modding! Gaaah stupid auto correct..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by xwing »

In post 1107, schadd_ wrote:
In post 1096, schadd_ wrote:since u guys r around, are u both ok with scum thread release
xwing may have missed this bc last page
Yes I'm fine with this

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”