pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 am

Post by schadd_ »

its clear from the role PM but not the setup thing at the beginning of the post: inf neapolitan knows the tracker is town
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i started writing this like the day you replied and then sat on it for most of a week

bodyguard exists as a balancing aspect if the neapolitan is made to claim d1 but if you generally want the setup to be less complicated i can get rid of it as well as the informed goon

i think it's inaccurate to call neapolitan 50% cop - forgetting the removal of bodyguard/informed goon, the not VT result is still useful. neapolitan knows about one town power role already and can safely assume there are fewer than, like, 5 non-VTs? so a not VT result is at most a 50-50 scum flip: there is probably at most 2 townies that will give that result [and probably fewer] and definitely 2 mafia that will give that result, so the knowledge that someone is not a VT by bayesian probability means they are mafia 50% of the time. in practice, even if i don't remove the bodyguard, it is a 66% guilty to find a non-VT.

i dug through the normal archive (granted without micros) to find how people treat non-VT results in the last several games with neapolitan:
Spoiler:
viewtopic.php?p=9973775#p9973775 not VT result was lynched (in conjunction with vanilla result from rolecop so kind of a wash
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=74500 2 not VT results; one wasn't outed before the lynch (but the neapolitan pushed him) and one the neapolitan scumread in endgame but didn't vote
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72770 neapolitan was lynched, their not-VT result was lynched the next day - hard to find out whether that was causality but the neapolitan claimed to try to lynch the result
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72291 neapolitan had a not-VT result on someone who had claimed VT and that person was lynched
viewtopic.php?p=8842741#p8842741 neapolitan had a not-VT result on someone who had claimed VT, she went back and claimed roleblocker i think and made endgame. odd circumstances here - several townies pushed for the not-VT result to be lynched (she got to l-1) but a modkill / lylo disrupted that
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=68153 one not-VT result went to l-1 (claimed roleblocker; probably left alive bc he would protect the claimed neapolitan but i haven't read enough) and one not-VT result was lynched

in practice, people have avoided lynch from a not-VT result by being an important town PR, by doubling back on a claim and barely scraping through lylo or by getting endgamed before town could lynch them

i would claim that it's not a 50% cop and more of a 75-80% cop since people can theoretically get out of guilties (note that you can't really fakeclaim the informed here: you would have a neapolitan claim on you and say "oh yeah? well... i'm informed that there's a neapolitan!!" and the watcher shouldn't be that convincing of a town role either especially since it will very infrequently have anything to report; however you can claim pretty much anything you want to delay the lynch for a day) but it has a historical tendency of at the very least pushing public opinion against that person. also is (generally...) a guilty for a mafia who has claimed VT (which is who a neapolitan will often want to check)

so the current setup i'm thinking:
inf neapolitan
ascetic 1-shot tracker
VTs
goon
informed 1-shot watcher (specifically the neapolitan inform)

watcher is there for mafia to have something to do more than anything else. it makes the neapolitan something like 10-20%? more likely to die by day 3 which is in turn a consideration like half? of the time but it adds some further layer of player skill to PR-hunting (which i think is a little close to blindfiring for my tastes in a closed normal)

as far as complexity i think your idea of total number of roles versus number of people with roles is valid, i think with this current iteration that's not really a problem - ascetic, watcher and mafia informed all have a relatively small effect on the game and only affect the information mafia has i think.

regarding town power in one person's hands: in practice i don't think that's a big deal. the standard for newbie games has 2/9 setups like that and the town power belongs to one newbie in fact!! and there is a somewhat large intersection of newbie players and normal players and i don't remember anyone taking issue with concentrated power in either recently. there's maybe wide variance in terms of who gets what slot in the playerlist yeah but like that already exists with who rolls scum

other things: rocks fall everyone dies is in accordance with how people intuitively play the game; when you have 4 people alive you no lynch and scum has to kill. in theory that could work out as a draw offer but i think that's silly since it's ostensibly the best play for town (instead of lynching with 25% accuracy). i should clarify the wording though bc somebody was confused about it a couple games ago though:
- If nobody dies for a total of 6 consecutive day or night phases, the town will win.
the blacklist thing is something i've already done in a couple normal games and like implosion said it's in accordance with a theoretical rule. also i don't particularly like any of those roles and wouldn't think to include them in my games; since i'm pretty vocal about this it is a pattern that people could pick up on and i would way rather have an annoying blacklist like that than have somebody get caught out for fakeclaiming a role i never use

the replace rule is mitigating as implo assumes yeah. i wouldn't expect to punish off of it but i can point to that if somebody ever replaces out in thread to prevent other people from doing it
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 9, callforjudgement wrote:the Informed Watcher doesn't really make much sense as town
at a glance, inf neapolitan + asc 1shot tracker + (informed?) 1-shot watcher vs. something like rolecop goon seems faintly reasonable

watcher would be like a protective for neapolitan (which i don't think i would do without telling mafia about watcher but to most people i wouldn't expect it to seem that out of place - i think there is a common expectation for the existence of some sort of protective)

yeah agree about the "test of fake-claiming roles" thing and that is something i kind of specifically want

i will do new role PMs at some point
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:01 am

Post by schadd_ »

post 1 wrote:
welcome to mini 3: the labeled pictures meme thing mafia!

Spoiler:

modded by: schadd

reviewers: reviewers
shoutout to: Content Creators Everywhere

Spoiler: list
list

Spoiler: reveals
playername, lynched / died D/N1, was a role

Spoiler: events
evence
post 2 wrote: rules, adapted from nexus's

--most important rule: be nice and don't be mean--

general:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
- Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread.
- Day phases will last 2 weeks (or until a lynch is achieved).
- Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum. On any given night, if all players PM me that they are okay to speed up the night, it will end sooner.
- During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
- If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
- "Bah" posts are not allowed.
- If you break any of these rules, you will probably be modkilled.

voting / player actions:

- Vote either with vote tags (VOTE: schadd) or with bold (
vote: schadd
). Note that I didn't include the underscore in my username; you may choose to use a string that will uniquely identify a player to me instead of the exact thing.
- Don't try to confuse me with your votes.
- You may vote No Lynch to Not Lynch.
- A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
- Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
- If nobody dies for a total of 6 consecutive day or night phases, the town will win.
- If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night (or whichever nights are specified by the role).

activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 24 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
- As well, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.
-
If you decide to replace out, PLEASE PM me and don't post in thread after doing so - if you want to rescind the replacement BLEASE PM ME AGAIN and dont post in thread until i have been like "ok np"

mechanics:

-
Aquamarine, 21B35F
is my color. Please don't use it.
- No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography. For example, I would prefer that no font size smaller than the one you're reading now be used.
- The mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
- If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
- I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.

Mafia will be able to communicate with each other during day phases.

There will be 7 town and 2 mafia.

Nobody will be a cop, a psychologist, a ninja, or a traitor (though traitor isnt normal in 7:2 anyway :] )

sample VT PM:
VT wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Vanilla Townie.
You have no abilities during night phases but may talk and vote during the Day.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded green text says.
PMs wrote:
informed neep wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Informed Neapolitan.
Each night, you may investigate a player to learn whether or not they are a vanilla townie. You are informed that [playername] is a Town Ascetic 1-shot Tracker.

asc traxxer wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Town Ascetic 1-shot Tracker.
Once, at night, you may investigate a player to find out whom they targeted with a night action, if anyone. Any non-killing action that targets you will fail.

informed wathechr wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed 1-shot Watcher.
Once, at night, you may visit another player to learn who, if anyone, visited them with a night action. You are informed that there exists a Neapolitan among the town who does not have restrictions as to which nights they may act. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded red text says, or by posting in your mafia PT.
goon wrote:Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Goon
. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

You win when either mafia control half the vote during a Day phase or when all townies are dead, or nothing can prevent one of these scenarios from happening.

Please confirm by telling me what the bolded red text says, or by posting in your mafia PT.
scum PT wrote:Welcome, inf wather and inf goon, to your lair! This thread will be open to talk and submit actions at any time.
Spoiler: ifn whatcher's s PM
Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Informed 1-shot Watcher.
Once, at night, you may visit another player to learn who, if anyone, visited them with a night action. You are informed that there exists a Neapolitan among the town who does not have restrictions as to which nights they may act. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

Spoiler: goon's PM
Welcome to Mini 3! You are a
Mafia Goon
. You may talk to your partners in [PT link] at any time, and you may also talk and vote during Day phases.

either of you may perform the kill, but [watcher] may not perform the kill and use [their] secondary action simultaneously.
neep results wrote:[player name] is not a vanilla townie.
[player name] is a vanilla townie.
You have received no result.
tracker results wrote:[player name] visited [player name] last night.
[player name] did not act last night.
watcher results wrote:[player names] visited [player name] last night.
Nobody visited [player name] last night.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:27 am

Post by schadd_ »

yea whops

those are standins for usernames so whatever
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by schadd_ »

dead thread viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77664
mafia viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77665

i always give reviewers access to stuff but forget to like give them the links lmoao
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #19 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:37 pm