Sad Sheep
Sad Sheep
Goon
Sad Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Sad Sheep »

In post 188, PenguinPower wrote:I mean, disregarding the fact that you think he was under pressure (I disagree), Newbie players as scum have a 50% replace out rate in 2d3. Newbie players as town have a 43% replace out rate.
never in my life would I have expected anyone to pull up statistics like this :lol:
also the votes on him were pressure so I disagree that you disagreed
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Trivium »

In post 223, Doughboy wrote:
In post 197, Trivium wrote:This is pretty opportunistic. What are you trying to do, get me to talk more? I'm talking enough. Give a reason to vote me or get off before I scumread you even more.
In post 208, Trivium wrote:lmao that's not a reason to scumread me either, try harder
In post 205, Trivium wrote:I disagree with you, that's no reason to scumread me unless you yourself are scum.
These posts don’t come from a calm rational townie. You’re either frustrated scum or frustrated town imo.
Don't they? Prove it, I need evidence :lol:
That's so meta
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Doughboy »

you think you are being clever, but you aren't.

I clearly stated that was my opinion. You on the other stand made a statement that dictated what scum typically do. there is a HUGE difference.

But fine, I will play your game.

if you were not nervous you wouldn't call 1 vote on you opportunistic. That doesn't even make sense. Opportunistic voting is when more when multiple people are voting somebody and somebody else hops on easily. That didn't happen here.

You telling me what is and isn't a reason to scum read you also seems frustrated. Like how dare i scum read you for something that you don't agree with. Well guess what? in mafia not everyone is going to agree and there was nothing wronmg with my reason to scum read you. I actually think it is pretty good. I also don't think you have the right to criticize my reasons given how terrible yours are, even when people are trying to explain your reasons are bad, you just ignore/discredit.

Saying I can only be scum to scum read you also comes off as frustrated. It's also an attempt to discredit me. I know this tactic because i have used it myself.

I was really trying to avoid tunneling, but you want to be a cheeky SOB, fine be cheeky all the way to the gallows. I am not moving my vote off you.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:05 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 223, Doughboy wrote:These posts don’t come from a calm rational townie. You’re either frustrated scum or frustrated town imo.
So they're NAI?
In post 225, Sad Sheep wrote:also the votes on him were pressure so I disagree that you disagreed
No such thing as pressure from a page 3 rvs wagon imo.
<(") | (")>
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 228, PenguinPower wrote:So they're NAI?
of course, but you're missing the point of that post.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Which is?
<(") | (")>
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 230, PenguinPower wrote:Which is?
Frustration is not AI. Tex’s frustration is AI and not scum indicative like he says.
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Ah. Makes sense when read with .

Good point.

VOTE: Trivium
<(") | (")>
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

VOTE COUNT 1.5
Trivium (4)
- BrightEyedFish, Doughboy, Egix96, PenguinPower
TexdoesHalo (2)
- Trivium, profii
profii (2)
- Springtrap, TexdoesHalo
DrDolittle (1)
- Elbirn
PenguinPower (1)
- Malakitty
Egix96 (1)
- DrDolittle
BrightEyedFish (1)
- ceejayvinoya

Not Voting (1)
: Sad Sheep

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2018-12-04 00:00:00)

Searching for replacement for TexdoesHalo.
Last edited by ChibiBear on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boop.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Trivium »

Nope, your reasons are terrible and not alignment indicative but I can tell you've already made up your mind and will find anything I do to be scum. It takes more than votes to frustrate me, but let me tell you you're certainly getting there. I think brighteyed has been opportunistic all day, not just with my post, and presented a case for it. I think you'll find not a lot of people this game have done anything of the sort or provided the kind of analysis I have: killing me would be wasting a valuable town and you know that. I did not say you can only be scum to scum read me, I said it's more likely, I have barely a clue whether you are or are not, though I like sticking to my clues. Your scumread on me consists of "I don't agree with you, you're scum." This game is about more than votes to me, I suggest looking at the patterns of conversation around the places I say there's pressure rather than just votes, unless you are being entirely disingenuous and just want me dead.
That's so meta
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Doughboy »

That’s great. My reasons may be terrible to you, but they are better than anything you have given. So you’re is whatever worse than terrible.
Show

ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

LolWagons has replaced TexdoesHalo!
Boop.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Hey people. Reading the thread now.

Disclaimer: This is an alt. My main username is Slaxx but I can't access that account because I haven't played in 4 years. So if any of you guys like Meta, go for it.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Sad Sheep and lolwagons. What a duo
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 154, profii wrote:TBf I can understand Doughboys meta read on me - in the games we’ve been in together I’ve not been this driven this early

I’d probably just point out I saw an oppurtunity to move us out of RVS with the initial spring push & if you don’t push with conviction what’s the point

But town read for doughboy from me

Kinda in 2 minds about tex being legit new or not rn but will look at the wagon when I’m not VLa as I think some people have show their hand a wee bit
profii reads scum. not about tone as much as a long post with no content and just a wee bit of buddying.
In post 165, Doughboy wrote:Just checked. I did answer 2 of them.

There is an other thing I didn’t like. I didn’t like his aggressiveness. That’s tied to meta though but I felt that was clear. My apologies.

His entrance to this game and how he’s playing isn’t how I know town profli to be. So it pings me enough to vote there for now. Once I catch up,I’ll maybe have other thoughts but for now I like my vote.
Doughboy reads town.
In post 171, Egix96 wrote:
In post 150, DrDolittle wrote:setup speculation on page7 is a new one
Is it?
I think that post from SS is anti-town but not necessarily scum-indicative. Would you agree?
I would agree. I'm just pointing out as a fact to how ridic it is to ss in page 7 since literally there's no information.
In post 175, Elbirn wrote: Ya know reading this again I realized

None of this was a reason for why dolittle would have been thinking about voting bef. Its...the opposite. Its reasoning to not vote for bef.

"I'm thinking about voting for someone who I know has a tendency to appear scummy when town and who I also townread"

HaHA nah B you're going to the shadow realm

VOTE: Dr Dolittle
Will I get to rescue my grandpa?

In all seriousness you didn't find BEF's first posts scummy?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 184, Egix96 wrote: "Trivium just isn't as bad as the other 3"
"I haven't gotten an opinion on him"
Well I'm pretty sure that first snippet counts as an opinion, so... which is it?
This seems like a disingenuous push on semantics. I'm happy with my vote parked.
In post 187, Trivium wrote: We shouldn't pretend there wasn't any pressure, though. If he'd just left randomly sure it'd tell us nothing, but he left after being pressured. Scum is more focused on staying alive, so that pressure is more impactful and might cause them to leave, a bit like how they tend to flail near the end. I'm not changing my opinion on this; in my experience it's a scummy thing to do to leave under pressure.
I don't think so. There's a lot of assumptions built behind this, but honestly it could be that tex just wanted to play some mafia and getting pushed as either alignment feels bad. I understand your standpoint, but I don't understand the
strength
of your read.
In post 189, Doughboy wrote:I have a new read. trivium pings scummy
I also got that sense.
In post 196, Trivium wrote: Post 78 focuses on not wanting to die rather than saying anything about wanting to find scum. Weird "damn" and "fucking" irk me as he seems to be responding poorly to pressure,
something that I find to be one of the best scum tells on this site.
Tex then claimed his newness was a reason not to think he was mafia like two posts after someone was talking about how they didn't like the idea of voting springtrap because he seemed new. That rang out as opportunistic as hell, even without the weird diluting post 28. I also don't trust springtrap at all so that seems like an almost solid chainsaw to me. My vote is here unless I find someone else to be even more likely scum.
actually I like this justification fine. the strength of read seems to be well motivated, and logic is thought out rather than, hey here's an easy wagon to push on.
In post 199, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: DDL
hi to you too.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hmm I see the point made against trivium, but at the same time, I'm voting brightfish for the same reasons trivium pointed out on brightfish.

i'm sort of in a dilemma lols
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 240, DrDolittle wrote:hi to you too.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 241, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'm voting brightfish for the same reasons trivium pointed out on brightfish
Which reasons are those?
<(") | (")>
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Trivium »

In post 237, LolWagons wrote:Hey people. Reading the thread now.

Disclaimer: This is an alt. My main username is Slaxx but I can't access that account because I haven't played in 4 years. So if any of you guys like Meta, go for it.
Hi lolwagons! Are you scum?
That's so meta
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Doughboy

Post 112 Lmfao slight town vibe here. The bluntness reads town.

Not linking all the posts but the back-and-forth between trivium and Doughboy makes doughboy look town.
Springtrap

29 and 145 is a nice consistent thought process here. As I was reading and saw the wagon forming on this slot I was wondering if he would hop on or not.
PenguinPower

Post 119reads slight town. As I was building up the confidence to join another game I read through a past game with him in it and he did this as town, if I recall. Lab Rat Mafia I think?
Lol. Slight town read on that post. Scum don't screw around playfully as much as town do with stuff like that, from my past experience
Egix96

Post 60: Don't really like this, looks a lot like "how can I look town to you?"
Post 80: I'm a little suspicious as to why there wasn't an L-2 vote here? Looks like scum afraid to draw attention to themselves.
Post 148 Doesn't sit quite right with me. Looks like setting a possible towny up after they flip.
profii

Post 19 I like the early aggression here. Nice attempt to leave RVS quicker.
Post 36 drips town. Driving the conversation in a Socratic manner. Same with Post 37
Kind of parks a vote on the lurk slot after that, but he was also V-LA. I am eagerly awaiting his catch up post.
Sad Sheep

Rough start that goes completely ass-up after Post 131. I'm not linking each individual post because this url forest is already a nightmare, but:
146 is only addressing the lurker in my slot
147 is setup spec
224 is, somehow, game talk AND addressing my slot, exclusively
225 is more game talk

Yeah, that's not a really good look. Someone is trying to look busy without contributing.

Malakitty

This slot needs to post more. Christ.
BrightEyedFish

Post 81 and Post 82 : That felt really unnatural. Also, the lack of a different vote for pressure is telling. He the continues to talk about unrelated game issues, which is more effort than he has put into scumhunting the entire game.
Post 72 Asks Elbirn a question and... in Post 131 Elbirn
literally quotes
him but doesn't ever answer. As far as I can tell,
no follow-up from either
. This is going to look really bad for Elbirn if BEF flips scum, as it looks like they are not concerned about ascertaining answers as much as they are looking busy. Not as confident on Elbirn, but this seals a BEF vote for me.
Post 120 and 122 seems to be only focusing on the flaking slot.

VOTE: BrightEyedFish

Post 176: Dammit I thought I was onto a Elgin/BEF connection (especially with Elgin voting DD, who is voting BEF) but I really,
really
don't think they'd be this obvious.
Trivium

So, here's the deal with Trivium. He's the type of player who's flip is going to tell you a lot. Holding off on my full read on him for a day or so.

@ Trivium:
Re:220, how do you reconcile your parked vote on my slot and BEF's opportunism? Do you think they're both scum?
DrDolittle

Post 48 and Post 49 and Post 50: If DrDolittle flips scum, Egix probably isn't his partner. Just a note for later in the game with more flips. Current wagon at that time:
ceejayvinoya (3) - BrightEyedFish, Egix96, Sad Sheep
BrightEyedFish (3) - ceejayvinoya, Doughboy, Elbirn
profii (3) - Springtrap, DrDolittle, TexdoesHalo

No way he mentions and votes him with two other viable wagons he isn't on.
Post 71:
I really like DD's ISO. It is full of succinct, direct communication with others. Not a whole lot of filler.

Elbirn

Post 67 Lol well if Elbirn flips scum Ceejay is probably town. Although I like the blunt and direct vote corralling here. It usually reads town when its early, directed at someone specific, and no one else is under serious fire where it could be mistook as covering. It also makes me feel better about Elbrin because up until now in the read I felt like he was driving discussion but was hit or miss on a tangible, goal-driven objective.
Makesme feel marginally better about the Elbirn/BEF interaction (at least on his end) mentioned above. At least there is followup here.
ceejayvinoya

Not a huge fan of this slot but nothing rubs me the wrong way, and I like the early BEF vote. Out of all the people what were parked on my slot him and Elbirn seemed to actually try to engage it (less opportunistic) the most, so they get a pass for now.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 244, Trivium wrote:
In post 237, LolWagons wrote:Hey people. Reading the thread now.

Hi lolwagons! Are you scum?
Are you here to play or ask stupid questions?

Summary from my last post:
Fairly Town: Doughboy
Lean Town: Doolittle, SpringTrap, PenguinPower
Neutral: Elbrin (Maybe a touch town), Ceejay
Lean Scum: Egix, Sad Sheep
Head in Noose: BrightEyedFish
Post More: Profii, MalaKitty
Not Showing My Hand on: Trivium
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'm not really in the mood to play today but I've been lurkylurky

Happy to see theres actual conversation, I'm proud of all of you, for a little while there I of all people had the highest post count and that is always a reason for ~*worry*~

Lolwagons can be town today, even if hes trying to tie me and BEF together based on my not answering what was clearly a rhetorical question

Idk what I think about Trivium

Okay bye thats all today ily all
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 247, Elbirn wrote:I'm not really in the mood to play today but I've been lurkylurky

Happy to see theres actual conversation, I'm proud of all of you, for a little while there I of all people had the highest post count and that is always a reason for ~*worry*~

Lolwagons can be town today, even if hes trying to tie me and BEF together based on my not answering what was clearly a rhetorical question

Idk what I think about Trivium

Okay bye thats all today ily all
I didn't read it as rhetorical, particularly because at the time BEF had his vote on CeeJay.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

@lolwagons

If I read your post right, you are voting me because
someone else
didn't answer
my
question... Why not vote the person dodging the question if it's that important to you?

and/or

you are voting me for focusing a few posts on a flaking slot? Was I the onl one doing this? Why not give the same suspicion to others talking about it or one's that were actually voting on the wagon.

I guess the vibes people got from tex may have been warranted.

VOTE: LolWagons

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”