Micro 834 : Vanilla 8-Ball : Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: GAMMA EMERALD

NIGHT ZERO COP GUILTY
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

what about all that talking we did in scumchat?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

irrelephant, i already did the "jokingly scumclaim in RVS" bit. you don't have to do it again.
In post 19, Irrelephant11 wrote:so should we vote no lynch just to see if scum is playing this weird
why?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 am

Post by northsidegal »

if you're wrong then there's no downside, that's true (except perhaps wasted time which could lead to a lack of motivation, but that's kind of unquantifiable). what about if you're right? what's actually
gained
? because it seems to me like if you were actually correct all that would be gained would be scum getting a free kill and then a barrel of WIFOM being opened. i guess i might just value the information of scum choosing "no-lynch" for the 8-ball less than you, but it really doesn't seem
all that
revealing, to me.

there's certainly an argument to be made that it might indicate that some of the players more likely to get lynched are actually mafia given that they weren't chosen, but i don't think i would ever consider that reliable enough to want to lynch solely based off of that (plus, there's the fact that the way TW is running it, scum could have picked themselves anyways if they wanted to or expected themselves to get lynched).
In post 22, Irrelephant11 wrote:because in my head you or jingle as scum would do that to reveal the least information
explain how picking no-lynch in any way reveals less information / is something scum would want to do?
which of my posts is a "joking scumclaim"? I want to laugh along but my posting so far is for srs
-shrug-

suggesting a no-lynch seemed so plainly like it could only be bad thing to me that i didn't really know how else to take it. i kind of expected that you were deliberately saying something scummy to look at reactions or something.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 am

Post by northsidegal »

also voting me is always a scumclaim :P

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:10 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 26, Irrelephant11 wrote:Also choosing "no lynch" is what I would do if, as scum, I didn't want the 8-ball to flip d1 for whatever reason
why wouldn't you want this?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:24 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 49, Irrelephant11 wrote:I wonder if scum think I'm D1 miclynchable here
i did it before, even when you were a mason... :shifty:

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

easy!

oops, meant to post this in scumchat.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:44 am

Post by northsidegal »

in all seriousness though, i do see the argument that your thing about voting no-lynch to test if scum did it would be scum-indicative, and it's something i was (am still?) kind of thinking myself. there are a few possibilities, really. the least likely is that you're scum who actually picked no-lynch for the 8-ball and just wanted the kill. more likely in my mind would be you implicitly using argument that you'd pick no-lynch as scum to make yourself look townier when it wasn't the 8-ball, as well as making it look like you're actually solving something by "testing" to see if no-lynch is the 8-ball.

that combined with your justification being "we could get the info of who scum kill", "we'd be in odds" and "it could be player indicative", none of which i find particularly compelling (no offense), i'm kind inclined to say it's some kind of faked thought process, especially considering the speed with which it kind of got dropped. i think it was a mistake on my part to push back so hard against it initially.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

(everything there was @irrelephant)

what's more, could you explain a bit more why you're already townreading me? you seemed pretty set up to be wary of me after your comments at the end of TAZ mafia. was enough for you to consider me town? (i'm not calling you right or wrong for doing this, just want to hear a bit more of your rationale)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 26, Irrelephant11 wrote:Also choosing "no lynch" is what I would do if, as scum, I didn't want the 8-ball to flip d1 for whatever reason
even further on logic that i find somewhat questionable (not in the shade-y kind of way, in the true sense of the word) is this

in the first place i don't see why scum would ever
not
want the 8-ball to flip day one. i don't consider the NKA that town gains as a potential tool as outweighing the value of scum getting to silence a town voice and put themselves one step closer to winning. i'm speaking from my own perspective here, but i can't imagine why as scum i would ever not want the 8-ball to flip, so it would never even occur to me to think about who i'd pick if i didn't want it to happen. why did it occur to you?

in the second place, let's say that scum did for some reason not want to reveal the information of which townie they picked for the 8-ball: why wouldn't they pick themselves?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hi one moment

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 154, pinturicchio wrote:Also, in case that the player who hasn't posted is scum, getting serious without them posting gives them some space to make effortless content when he/she arrives.
for the record, i disagree with this pretty strongly and have historically actually had very decent success catching scum who have an awkward time being serious coming into the thread when rvs is already over :P

anyone can joke around in rvs green or red role pm and it's basically indistinguishable, when you start getting serious is when you can start noticing tells.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

anyways, that relatively non-game related tangent aside, i currently have jingle, gamma, and irrelephant as more likely town than not with the other have of the game being in somewhat of a poe.

despite my earlier misgivings about irrelephant's whole "no-lynch" thing i think there is a real chance that it did just come from town and i believe irrelephant's explanation that he was moreso thinking of interesting ways to play the setup than the intricacies of what scum would/wouldn't do. it's possibly i'm going against my better instincts here and giving up on scum, but i don't currently feel that way and if irrelephant truly is scum then i believe in my own ability to pick up on that later and reverse my read, should i still be alive.

in a vacuum (i.e. not considering associatives) my current guess for the scumteam would be {CJ, pintu}

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't like how frozen angel hasn't put down a vote yet but given her specific acknowledgement and plan regarding that, that probably nullifies and scum value that might have otherwise been there
In post 152, Frozen Angel wrote:Alright gonna play some overwatch :) next time I catch up I'll make a vote. I'm just waiting to see people react to my posts and to have a little more to analyze first cause I have heavy doubts about my reads on few people

anyways, on another unrelated note, it occurs to me the anti-town nature of going too in-depth as to my reads.
VOTE: pintu

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

why weren't you voting pintu before? what do you think about irrel?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

as a sidenote, given that mafia has full daytalk, this setup doesn't actually
need
night phases: you could simply have it where the scumteam decides the next 8-ball while the current day is going on.

perhaps runs into issues considering a possible deadline scramble where they're unsure as to who gets lynched, but i imagine they could always have conditional instructions.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 176, Gamma Emerald wrote:Do it’s not RVS or the serious stage that is best to analyze but the transitional period?
i don't know about "best", but i just wanted to refute the idea that scum have an easier time coming into the thread when things have already gotten serious.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:14 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 183, pinturicchio wrote:I expect more from you, NSG. You usually have good early reads, and you should know better. It's too early to vote you because of BoP, but continue pushing me and I'm telling my parents about you. Believe me, you don't want that. Spooky.
why are you town? what about your play this game is your towngame as opposed to your scumgame? if you're going to say that you expect better from me, i can't just be wrong, i have to be going off of poor reasoning. after all, just like i said to JJH in 728, if someone played to what seemed like a theoretical scumgame even if they were town, it would still be reasonable to vote that person.

are you serious about voting me because of burden of proof? you seem to already be taking it that i'm town, so that seems kind of a hollow threat. why do you townread me already? you said earlier that you don't really have experience with reading me and questioned irrelephant's read on me, but later said that "". when did you start townreading me?

why do you think frozen angel would be at terrible vote?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 201, pinturicchio wrote:1. Why am I NOT town? I think that's my point, I haven't had the opportunity to express myself, and an early push doesn't help me to town it up. I think of myself as a pretty obvious town when I get the chance to do my thing, so an early push is a good way to take me out and not give me that opportunity.
2. That being said, I think I haven't showed anything at all, either my towngame or my scumgame. That's my bad. But if I haven't shown anything, why do you assume that's my scumgame? You have seen me as scum: not showing effort is not a scumtell of mine.
have you considered the disingenuous nature of asking me why you're not town while also asserting that you have neither showed a towngame nor a scumgame? have you also considered the disingenuous nature of asserting that you have not shown your towngame and yet criticizing me for voting you?

when there's a player who i expect to have shown themselves to be town and they haven't done so yet, i tend to scumread that player. i don't think that's unreasonable – in fact, it just caught me scum from very early on in micro 833.
3. I am serious about the BoP; I'm not townreading you. I was at the begining, but it was a superficial read. I still can't sort you out easily, and I really don't want you to be scum 'cause I think you're better at this than me. That's where the BoP thing comes: maybe I expect more than you 'cause I have a good image of town!NSG, and I have evidence of you having great early reads. I'm not used to being pushed so early.

In the end, I would not push a wagon on you on D1. Not even a chance of doing that. Maybe I expected the same treat since I'm a good town player; maybe not at catching scum, but by being obv!town and relying on PoE.
meh, i'm pretty sure you're lying to me. you say that you were townreading me "at the beginning", but you were questioning irrelephant about his townreading me and pretty much said that you didn't have a read on me there. is that when you mean by "the beginning"? or do you mean around as "the beginning", because if so, i very much get the feeling that you're lying to me. after all, that "beginning" would also happen to be your very last post right before i voted you. are you telling me that in the span of roughly 30 posts you went from townreading me (after not having a read on me in the beginning) to realizing that your read was superficial? how did that happen? genuine question there.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

-shrug-

if you're town then it's not like my votes on you are stopping you from doing other things.

most people read me through activity and through my depth of thought.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 205, pinturicchio wrote:That's my problem: I've seen you more active here than in the other games we've played together, but your depth of thought is good. So what the fuck!
where's the contradiction here
Yeah, but vivi the jumpy guy and Jingle his white knight are on me now too, and I'm one vote away of being L-1, and the deadline is close. So I was hoping to get a better wagon than me right now.
-shrug-

when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. i don't really want to give advice to my scumread to stop getting scumread, but if you're town then i think you should try a different strategy.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

irrel why are you voting ceejay

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:55 am

Post by northsidegal »

do you expect early wagons to always go through?

if that's your viewpoint, who
do
you think the 8-ball is?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

i don't think it's correct to view you as townier simply because you're being more active than other people and i would be surprised if you held that same consistent viewpoint in how you scumhunted as town.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 260, pinturicchio wrote:if you still think I'm the scummiest player after all I have done at this point, you're as wrong as it gets, since there are at least 4 players who are active lurking.
this seems pretty exactly like that, yeah

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #26) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:04 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 271, Irrelephant11 wrote:alright alright, I'll let you AtE me for a bit
you shouldn't

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #27) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am

Post by northsidegal »

please place your vote back on pintu, irrel.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 am

Post by northsidegal »

whether or not what you were doing is ate doesn't matter all that much to me

i just want to get across that i don't think anyone should have doubts or be townreading you for posts like or

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

didn't think it particularly necessary to get pintu lynched by the time that i would have done so anyways

don't particularly feel like pintu is the 8-ball here so i guess i'm not all that concerned of death – although, if i'm wrong then obviously i pay a steep price. to elaborate on that, obviously if i think pintu is scum then it's unlikely that scum would pick one of themselves D1 to be the 8-ball, but even beyond that, if pintu
were
town, if he were the 8-ball i feel like he would already be hammered. in my mind, the only situations in which he's the 8-ball and he isn't hammered already is exactly either:

1) the entire scumteam is already on his wagon
2) frozen angel is scum with someone else already on his wagon

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:39 am

Post by northsidegal »

fast nights

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 332, Irrelephant11 wrote:Nsg where you at
just frustrated about my mistake

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

didn't give it any thought and it would depend on who my scumbuddy is. assuming i'm just scum alone and everyone else is town then maybe CJ

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

hi don't replace me, responses soon

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #34) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 405, Irrelephant11 wrote:The longer version of the scumcase is “scum!nsg rapidly loses the ability to maintain deep thought, and her activity drops off a cliff pretty quickly.” And I also think her “I’m just angry with myself” reason to not engage is BS
pretty idiotic case considering sitewide activity. it's not like i've been around and have been providing weak reasoning – i literally just haven't been around.

also, it's not a "resaon to not engage". it's just how i felt.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

anyways

VOTE: frozen angel

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

process of elimination combined with thinking that, if i were to be wrong on any given scumread, FA would be the least likely to be the 8-ball

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't think you, irrelephant or saudade are likely to be scum. (though, if i'm wrong i'm wrong on you or irrelephant first, and being wrong on one of you is likely a game losing read)

that leaves gamma, ceejay and FA. of the three, i feel like FA is the best vote

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #38) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod, do you think there's any chance we could get a deadline extension?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

although truthfully i don't think gamma is likely to be scum either (although my reasoning is pretty weak for him being town, i guess)

if he is scum i imagine that he's scum with a slot that wasn't around much in pre-game, which would mainly be frozen angel, which again points to lynching her today

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 400, Jingle wrote:Can you scumcase NSG?
In post 402, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 388, the worst wrote:
mod notes:

- prodding nsg
- quack[/area]
i mean this is the kind of thing that really makes me lose confidence in a townread and wonder if all of my initial thinking when it came to irrelephant was actually on the mark

but i suppose that's hopefully something for another time (well, really it's hopefully just paranoia that never becomes reality, but hope only goes so far)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

and also it's just bad practice in my opinion to place too much weight into interactions with yourself when reading someone. irrelephant doesn't have
all that much
experience with me and was just a part of pretty much the only scumgame i've ever endgamed in, so in some sense it's reasonable (although considering the coalition as well i feel like he should know better and that "longer version" of the scumcase is preeetty weak)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (isolation #42) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

ducky can we please have an extension maybe

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

um

so is the day still going to end with two people being replaced

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #44) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

UNVOTE:

penguin if you're town i would appreciate you showing it as soon as possible

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 454, Suka wrote:NSG, why'd you townread Saudade earlier?
i think there's a kind of simple difference between his towngame and scumgame and i think this game he played to his scumgame

don't really expect it to be convincing to anyone and i'm fully prepared to just look foolish if i'm wrong but it feels vaguely alright to me

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (isolation #46) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

huh, that's lovely

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (isolation #47) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

and by lovely i mean "i really don't think gamma is scum"

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (isolation #48) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

although i suppose the blame is on me for absenteeism

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (isolation #49) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

actually the more i think about it the more i realize how possible it is that gamma was the 8-ball so i'm jsut gonna start talking fast

i think ceejay was probably the 8-ball day one and i think irrelephant is probably scum, haven't had time to review the FA/irrel conversations day 1 for partner indicativeness but i can easily see him as aligned with penguin (whom i don't yet townread which i am taking to be +scum indicative)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #50) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

This is an official (tm) prod on PenguinPower, you have 24 hours to obvtown

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't like how you're just focusing on the people talking about you, penguin

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

is that so?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #53) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

well, it was entirely a lie (i don't hold that opinion at all), i just wanted to see how you'd react

i'm still leaning towards you being scum

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

before i literally just right now looked through his iso i probably would've told you null

i actually think her iso looks pretty strongly town and i'm prepared to look foolish saying that if she turns out to be scum

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (isolation #55) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by northsidegal »

no, on an individual level i would still say that i scumread irrelephant the most and i think that the highly targeted focus on irrel that frozen angel had in her posting could easily be seen as partner-indicative

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (isolation #56) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i do think that if i'm wrong about anything it would be that the actual scumteam would be {Jingle, Irrel} rather than {Penguin, Irrel}

which, now that i think about it,
would
point towards lynching irrelephant today over you (perhaps especially with 8-ball considerations). i think my primary issue with doing that is that i don't know how much i actually have to support a Jingle/Irrel team other than paranoia over myself being wrong for the entire game and my reads being backwards. maybe also the quickness with which jingle dropped his early irrel push – that's something to look into.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (isolation #57) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 552, PenguinPower wrote:Probably would have strongly pushed the elephant if I was scum, but I can see your pov.
elaborate?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:10 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 593, Irrelephant11 wrote:Nsg please real-time with me his gameday
it's unlikely that that will convince me to change my mind on you, just to let you know. otherwise, sure.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #59) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

would you expect my day one and day three reads to be the same? we've already had two lynches and thus two days worth of time for me to re-evaluate.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (isolation #60) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i am hard shifting my penguinpower read to town

will try to explain more things soon

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (isolation #61) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

suka, what's your current read on irrelephant, and what would you say your confidence level in reading him is?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (isolation #62) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Something important just occurred to me that i don't think anyone else noticed – don't put people at L-2.

We're essentially in 8-ball LyLo right now – if the scumteam has an opportunity to quickhammer the 8-ball, they will and they will instantly lose the game.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #63) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by northsidegal »

not sure why i said "they will" instantly lose the game, i meant "we"

yeah, it doesn't
really
point to much right now but it's something we should keep in mind for different wagons. in fact, it also makes me imagine that scum have probably done nothing at all to push their 8-ball and would just be looking for an opportunity if other people pushed the 8-ball – after all, why bother trying to convince town on something when you can just wait for two people to do it themselves and then quickhammer?

of course, i don't think i've been very accurate when it comes to predicting this scumteam's 8-ball behavior so far, so not sure how much weight should be placed into my theorizing

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (isolation #64) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i got a refresher on what his scumgame looks like and i don't think this is it.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (isolation #65) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

this isn't the one i looked at, but this is a recent scumgame of his

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (isolation #66) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

today's the day

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (isolation #67) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 687, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 681, northsidegal wrote:today's the day
Like are you going to play at all wtf
sorry, "today's the day" was a bit too vague

as soon as i get to a computer i'll be focusing more

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (isolation #68) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:04 am

Post by northsidegal »

that basically can't be possible

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (isolation #69) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

to destroy my own defense for a moment, that game was a large theme and i would expect my activity to be better in a micro game as compared to a >200 page large theme largely dominated by discussions of mechanics

i'm not making
any
that many excuses for my play here. i should be playing more. i don't know what it is, but there's something about this game where i just can't get into making any sort of real explanations. i sat down and tried to explain my penguinpower read sometime around when i made and just couldn't

but enough about me

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (isolation #70) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

by the way irrel, you're completely misinterpreting "today's the day" as some kind of prod dodge or pop-in or something

that wasn't my intention. i really should have said something more specific, but basically that really was just me saying that "i have time now, today is the day that we figure everything out"

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (isolation #71) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 686, Irrelephant11 wrote:I thought nsg was probably correct about 2/3 of her scumreads and if we can all agree she’s never scum then I’ll eat a lynch if it means she hits scum twice in a row after that (ideally though she’d play enough to figure out I’m not scum)
i like this thought a lot. i think in the past i've been unilaterally hesitant to townread every time someone suggested lynching themselves or a plan that involved their own lynch (micro 778 being a big example), but thinking back i can't think off the top of my head of a time when i've seen it come from scum.

that doesn't mean that scum!irrelephant
couldn't
come up with it, but it's basically the exact same thought that i was having earlier but never actually made a post about – assuming that i am correct in my two townreads and we don't hit the 8-ball today, it's a lock win. those are two pretty big assumptions, but the conclusion still holds true.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (isolation #72) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

taking
that
into account with my existing townreads leaves only Saudade/Jingle

which i'm not entirely
uncomfortable
with. basically the only reason i haven't voted saudade yet is paranoia that he's the 8-ball

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (isolation #73) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i will say that as a trend both in this game and in other games recently, the amount of people who seem to wait specifically for what i have to say on something makes me slightly uncomfortable, perhaps only for how unused to it i am

it does always give me the feeling that scum is among those players trying to get me to look past them and pay attention to their mislynch. going along this line of thought does give me a little more comfort in voting saudade, because i would imagine that scum might expect me to continue pushing penguinpower and not have that rapid 180-degree shift that i did on him

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (isolation #74) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 712, Jingle wrote:Can you take a minute to explain why Penguin is town?
i think if he were scum he would enter the game not as focused directly on reads as he did this game

before, when i was scumreading him, i was looking for aggression / snarkiness which i take as elements of his towngame, but really i was ignoring the signs that were already there (, , for example)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #75) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by northsidegal »

also, i'll say this – i can't fully explain the reason why my penguin read took a hard shift. I actually can't, and it's not an issue with my skills of articulation.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (isolation #76) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

it's not a gut read – that's not what i meant when i said i "couldn't explain it".

i've correctly read penguin as both town and scum many of the last few games i've played with him, and usually pretty quickly. him being a replacement in this game rather than starting has kind of messed me up, but i don't think i should doubt myself.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (isolation #77) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i like her straightforward questions. to me they show a consistent viewpoint as well. (phoneposting, excuse the brevity)

she reminds me of someone else's straightforward questions-asking towngame, so maybe i'm biased here

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (isolation #78) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 723, Irrelephant11 wrote: And when I said you thought it was me/Jingle or me/Saudade that didn’t give you pause?
no clue when you said that

another thought i had that i haven't said yet is the degree to which you keep "rethinking" and "testing" your read on me

one argument is that scum would just townread me

another is that you know that and are deliberately playing up your paranoia wrt me, with the added benefit that each time you do so, there's the chance that it could actually get me lynched (which would be a massive benefit to scum - not because i'm some god or anything, just because i'm basically consensus townread)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #79) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

my read on you was never contingent with your leading the gamma lynch, it was just a function of me rereading the thread, as well as seeing what i theorized could be a scumtell

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (isolation #80) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

although i certainly don't appreciate gamma being dead here

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (isolation #81) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 731, Jingle wrote:Why am I not town, nsg?
the only answer i have is "poe"

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (isolation #82) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

can't really promise anything

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (isolation #83) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

can't wait for the quickhammer

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (isolation #84) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: jingle

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (isolation #85) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by northsidegal »

l-1

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (isolation #86) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

anything to say?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (isolation #87) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sorry, i'll stop ignoring mafia responsibilities and get back to this game

have other pressing issues to do immediately but in a few minutes this game should be my first priority

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (isolation #88) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so just going to sort of start typing and stream of consciousness my thoughts because i don't really have any really organized point i want to make

i'm inclined to trust my deductions up to this point and continue with my poe from yesterday, i.e. would indicate that enter (saudade's slot) would be scum. i did briefly consider penguin!scum after the jingle scumflip given his own self-proclaimed propensity for bussing as well as what could be seen as theatrics that last day between jingle and penguin

i haven't actually really gone into any depth when it comes to close reading to try to confirm or deny that (obviously, given my low activity sitewide), although for now i
think
that it probably isn't the case and that my penguin townread just by his play is solid and the bussing thing would just be paranoia

anyways, i've read enough to see Enter enter the thread (haha i'm very funny as you can see) with his (?) big scumread or such on me. my main thoughts on that really boil down to "that's preposterous". i think from an objective standpoint there are a lot of reasons to townread me, both for someone who would be familiar with me and for someone who wouldn't be. for someone who
is
familiar with me – and as arrogant as this sounds – i just plainly don't think it's reasonable to think that i'm scum here. so let's assume that enter isn't; even from an objective standpoint, i think both my actions before the thread closed day 2 and my vote on jingle yesterday are strong reasons to townread someone.

i mean, as much as it makes me uncomfortable, people
were
really focusing on who i was voting in terms of who they were considering as a lynch. i don't think it's unreasonable to say that, if i were scum, i could have really just pushed the 8-ball instead of jingle and gotten people to follow me.

anyways, i say all of that not just to point out how obvtown i am of course – the thought behind my explanation there is that, given that i don't think this is a reasonable thought to have, that would indicate that Enter is simply pushing it as scum as some kind of last resort or some such. basically just an attempt to remove someone's position who would otherwise be strongly townread, something which is
very
bad for scum in a nightless game.

my primary concern is that that's simply some kind of arrogance talking in that "nobody could possibly
actually
scumread miss obvtown herself, NSG! anyone who does surely must be scum!"
not entirely sure what exactly to make of it yet.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (isolation #89) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

(ah, i overuse "anyways")

the primary takeway from that is "i trust my deductions" and i think enter is probably the last scum

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (isolation #90) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i wonder if it's pretentious to call reads "deductions"

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (isolation #91) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 840, Irrelephant11 wrote:NSG, Enter’s scumpool is you and Suka. If Suka is scum, why is that scumpool unreasonable?
i don't think i've ever said anything to that effect. i find this kind of a weird question to answer, so excuse me if my wording isn't the best—my point was moreso as it relates to me. i do think that objectively i should be townread this game, so that's where my main point lies. as for suka, i don't think that she's scum personally, but i don't think it would necessarily be
unreasonable
to scumread her – the distinction between correctness and being reasonable is important, i think.
On the other hand, it seems Suka’s scumpool is me and Penguin. If Enter is scum, isn’t that less reasonable?
i don't think so. it would be incorrect, but not necessarily unreasonable.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (isolation #92) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

out of everyone in the game i think i would be the most surprised if suka were to be scum. i thought i had made this post before but searching my ISO i couldn't find it.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (isolation #93) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 861, Enter wrote:@NSG why would I need to last resort push you when the day opened w/ Penguin pushing Suka? This comes across as OMGUS-y.
i think this is just a matter of my perspective differing from everyone else's – my first thought upon the jingle scumflip was that saudade would be the obvious partner, so i guess i kind of expected everyone else to have the same opinion. then, seeing you come out of the gate like that made me think "oh, he knows he's the next on the proverbial chopping block" or something similar.

while were chatting, i would like to put this forward to you – i know i've already said that objectively i think i'm towny this game and i really don't mean to belabor the point and keep talking about myself, but i feel like you specifically would be townreading me here if you were town. what do you think of that?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (isolation #94) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 867, Enter wrote:you come back after idk how long of inactivity and all of a sudden you're only scum read is the person trying to push your lynch w/ no surrounding reads and where is there precedence for you scum reading this slot?
i mean, apologies about the inactivity, but it's not like there's anything new about my scumread on your slot. i ended the day yesterday with the opinion that Jingle/Saudade was the scumteam and didn't really have any sudden epiphanies. i know there's already a little precedent for me doing hard shifts on my reads, but i think i'm done with that for now (although like i said earlier, i had considered penguin as a potential busser)
You seem to just come in and say something that seems mildly towny every once in a while "oh darn, really wish we hadn't flipped GE" or post some theory-related question about game thread. I really didn't like the way your vote on Jingle happened at day end yesterday, the pinto push was disgusting, and your read is just "poe".
quote the last theory-related question i asked.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (isolation #95) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 am

Post by northsidegal »

also, i think this is the second now you've tried to shade me for voting jingle on "just" poe. to that i'd say you underestimate the thought that went into it.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (isolation #96) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

yeah, i think i'm fine with the day ending right now. only thing i'd have to say if i were to die if enter ended up being the 8-ball and i got shot would be that i still think suka is town. of {Suka, PP, Irrel} i would probably pick irrel, but not before looking at penguin again (although i think i would definitely pick irrel right now)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (isolation #97) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so intent to hammer in maybe 12 hours or something i guess

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (isolation #98) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: enter

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (isolation #99) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

accelerated nights, if necessary!

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (isolation #100) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i think you played as well as anyone in your situation could have! coming in swinging with that big analysis you had was definitely the best thing you could have done, i think.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (isolation #101) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

good game all!

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (isolation #102) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sorry pintu!

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (isolation #103) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:10 am

Post by northsidegal »

i thought scum would have quickhammered the 8-ball day two and then made the quickhammerer 8-ball the day after, kind of sending the game instantly into 3p lylo

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”