Survivor

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2283, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 2279, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2278, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 2276, Clemency wrote: nero cain is scumleanish
Mark my words: this is distancing
nero is kinda coming off town to me, what are you seeing there?
Scum tend to project themselves into other players in order to create false scumreads. Nero said in his huge post where he explained his suspects that he believed some players were chainsaw defending Creature, including me. I think Nero tried to do the exact same thing he was saying other players were doing with Creature, but with Chickadee instead. After Clem arrived and did nothing to get off the attention, Nero voted for him saying that he's probably scum, but changed his vote quickly to other slot. That whole thing seemed off.
Eh.....like ok sure, if Clem (and you) is/are scum pushing me as a buddy makes sense from your POV and if you are town I could see you going "oh you defended scum, you must b scum too!" What makes me more likely to be scum thats defending my buddy instead of town that's wrong?
In post 2283, pinturicchio wrote:After Clem arrived and did nothing to get off the attention, Nero voted for him saying that he's probably scum, but changed his vote quickly to other slot.
though this is slightly inaccurate. I voted Clem almost right out of the gate just b/c I was slightly annoyed that he was trying to stir the pot between me and Wisdom. I'd argue that it wasn't until a few pages later that it became pretty apparent that Clem was actively posting empty junk. I mean was I supposed to ignore it? Did I have to remain pigeonholed to my original Chick view? But I still haven't voted him for being a useless lurksack as you are claiming.

I have a few questions for you.

If Clem flips town who do you want dead and why?

If I'm scummy for "projecting" why did it take you 5 pages to say anything?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Fortian
Fortian
Goon
Fortian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Fortian »

In post 2272, Clemency wrote:
In post 2271, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2264, Clemency wrote:but it's awful when i have to replace in to a polar opposite of myself
How does this possibly matter?
because there's a certain implication already on the slot, so it'll always look off when it suddenly 180's
I’m really sorry Clemency, but you really need to be lynched imo :(
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:28 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 2300, Nero Cain wrote: I have a few questions for you.

If Clem flips town who do you want dead and why?

If I'm scummy for "projecting" why did it take you 5 pages to say anything?
1. Good question, I haven't thought about that since I'm very confident about my reads right now. I still don't like profii and DrewVa, but I think I would have to wait to see Clem's flip and the other ones in the night to know what I would do. When you are town, you don't think THAT much in advance ya know wink wink LAMIST as fuck
2. Why would I? You have to let it cook slowly to get the perfect taste. If I said something about you two being scum together earlier, maybe Clem wouldn't have said anything at all about you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2302, pinturicchio wrote:If I said something about you two being scum together earlier, maybe Clem wouldn't have said anything at all about you.
What if he never said anything? I mean you could say that "Well I would have said something later" IDK, I just feel like town shouldn't be filtering thier thoughts like that. Quite a coincidence that you start scumreading me on page 85 and 5 pages later the guy that I defended and is going to be the days lynch calls me scum.

I'll have some more questions when I get home.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 2301, Fortian wrote:
In post 2272, Clemency wrote:
In post 2271, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2264, Clemency wrote:but it's awful when i have to replace in to a polar opposite of myself
How does this possibly matter?
because there's a certain implication already on the slot, so it'll always look off when it suddenly 180's
I’m really sorry Clemency, but you really need to be lynched imo :(
i don't blame you man
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

scumreplacing hurts eh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Creature »

Wait are we lynching Clem?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Creature »

I'm not gonna read the last few pages because it's gonna be another spamfest and I'm gonna end not doing another thing for days
Sigh
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 2303, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2302, pinturicchio wrote:If I said something about you two being scum together earlier, maybe Clem wouldn't have said anything at all about you.
What if he never said anything? I mean you could say that "Well I would have said something later" IDK, I just feel like town shouldn't be filtering thier thoughts like that. Quite a coincidence that you start scumreading me on page 85 and 5 pages later the guy that I defended and is going to be the days lynch calls me scum.

I'll have some more questions when I get home.
I didn't start scumreading you on page 85, I started scumreading your slot before you came in; then, I gave you the benefit of the doubt 'cause you came in and gave the game a new dynamic, but then you started projecting about the whole "people is defending scum" when nobody was doing that, when it was you who was indirectly defending Chick. And I didn't filter anything, I had a suspicion, I let it by itself to see how it resolves 'cause if I intervene I could ruin it, and when I thought my suspicion was justified, I post my thoughts. Town can and should be reserved about their thoughts depending the situation. This was one of those cases.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Creature »

Flavor Leaf, if I'm voting you it means I'm not convinced you're town.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Creature »

Simple as that.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Creature »

Now let me see the mess we're in
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Creature »

What did BuJaber do of towny btw?
Sigh
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Wisdom »

you dont need to read
a bunch of people will prolly die anyway
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Alonzo »

If this game goes 100 pages without a kill, Lynch Creature.

Oh hi mate didn't see you there...
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:29 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2221, BuJaber wrote:
In post 2178, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2173, BuJaber wrote:Amuse me nancy, since a huge portion of your posts have the words "based on meta".

How do you go about determining someone's meta? Your methodology?
I either base it on play - actual experience I’ve had playing with them or from meta checks. I did one on a recent scumgame of yours and I didn’t find any connection to it - either with this game or Overkill 1.

It obviously isn’t foolproof, because it’s seems pretty likely that I was wrong about Majiffy, so I use it mostly, to supplement my reads, not as a replacement for them. My most accurate meta reads are based on actual games I’ve had with the designated player. Those types of checks tend to bet the most reliable.
This doesn't answer my questions. To be able to take your cases seriously I need to know the way you analyze the different games to determine someone's meta. What kind of things do you look for to compare and contrast and why.

It doesn't have to be an essay just give me an idea of what you do. You seem to come to your meta conclusions really quickly and I'm sort of skeptical that you're approach actually yields any useful result.

And can we stop with the tails alt discussion? It's a waste of time, and it's really really easy to know who his main is and he explicitly states he plays differently on this alt. (Not that I've ever played with his main.. these are just his words)
Experience and play always trumps metachecks, because I think I was obviously wrong about Majiffy but sometimes, it can be really useful, if a player’s town and scum meta are very different. Anyway, genius DVa already figured out Tails’ alt and it’s irrelevant to me, because I’ve never played with it. I don’t know whether DVa has or not.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2299, BuJaber wrote:My impression was that it's more than a playstyle thing it's a personality thing which is much harder to change from game to game.
If it's a playstyle thing that you aren't suggesting is more likely to come from town her or scum her what's the point of questioning it?
You're losing me here.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:31 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2226, Tails wrote:Hey Drew! Are you going to do something useful with your vote, or are you going to continue to whine about how I'll never town read you?
Your flattery isn’t working on me. :lol:
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2315, DrewVa wrote:Anyway, genius DVa already figured out Tails’ alt
yeah that was really hard
Its not like he altslipped or anything
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:33 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2230, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2184, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2177, Tails wrote:All I'm seeing is that whenever anyone thinks you're scum, you either call them scum or a horrible person. You continue to attack them until they back off.
And when I just pointed that out, you then try to turn the subject around again by telling me I must have a low opinion of those you attacked. You seriously just blamed the victims!
I said, "Here's this pattern of behavior from you." Your response is "Well, then you must think very little of them then." Like, how does B come from C?
You obviously must, because if what you’re suggesting is to be believed , these experienced players, are just going to be this easily manipulated. Do you honestly believe this?, because I really don’t believe you do. And it’s posts like this one, is why I think you’re scum here. Wisdom has never played with scum!me but RR has - twice. I’ve only had 3 scumgames on this site - 5 in total but I’ve somehow managed to pull the wool over players’ eyes with a great deal more experience than me? I almost think you might be trolling me with this now.
This statement that its ridiculous thst you've managed to pull the wool over experienced players eyes implies that you're being townread by us, and are using that fact as a reason why others should be townreading you, when in fact we aren't townreading you. We resolved the earlier situation, but that just means we stopped weighting that interaction one way or the other. I've seen nothing outside of your scum range in your play today, and so have no reason to townread you.

@Tail: won't be happening except to ensure we don't no lynch. Far more informative to me to keep that extra vote open on all the wagons to see how people move around, and unlike Overkill 1 we've basically failed at voting like normal people instead of ourselves, so fuck it.

-Cerb
I will switch my vote to avoid a no lynch. I mean that, Tails trying to suggest that I was some kind of scum savant, was ridiculous.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:35 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2318, Wisdom wrote:
In post 2315, DrewVa wrote:Anyway, genius DVa already figured out Tails’ alt
yeah that was really hard
Its not like he altslipped or anything
It doesn’t matter anyway to me and he was the one who brought that up. Alts are only relevant to me, if I’ve played with them before, which is not the case.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2319, DrewVa wrote:I will switch my vote to avoid a no lynch. I mean that, Tails trying to suggest that I was some kind of scum savant, was ridiculous.
Maybe.
But it wasn't scummy.
Read the room - that wagon is dead on arrival.

Do you oppose the Bujabber wagon?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:45 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2253, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2198, RCEnigma wrote:Can we get chickadee today and DGB tomorrow? If I need the puppy dog eyes ok but...
No.
Chick/Clem seems to be a LHF push based on activity
The thing is town!Chick fights like hell to get votes off of her. She wasn’t really too upset about the votes on her, before she replaced out. However, I’m not sure if I necessarily see the scum motivation in her Creature push but Chick replacing out rather than doing anything about her wagon, makes me wonder.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2313, Wisdom wrote:you dont need to read
a bunch of people will prolly die anyway
I don't want to die though
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2314, Alonzo wrote:If this game goes 100 pages without a kill, Lynch Creature.

Oh hi mate didn't see you there...
Huh why?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”