Town should never quickhammer

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

If, hypothetically, quickhammering was against the rules, how would you handle situations where a player wanted to quickhammer based on role-related information? Should a cop in a open or semi-open setup with a 100% modconfirmed guilty not be allowed to hammer? What about in a closed set-up? What about pseudoguilties, like being tracked to/watched at the last NK? Where do you draw that line?

What if I, as Scum, want to quickhammer a player I believe is particularly strong at the game, and will be able to talk his way off the gallows if I wait? It's might not be
clearly
to my wincon to quickhammer, given that it will implicate me, but depending on the gamestate I could be totally justified in thinking it's the strongest move.

You can't enforce any sort of ban on quickhammering without a quagmire of problems as a result. It's either fully allowed, or made mechanically impossible by some other rules. It doesn't matter how you feel about quickhammering, whether it's usually protown, whether it can ruin games, or anything else. If you can't
enforce
a rule, you don't
have
a rule.

Persivul's thoughts here are entirely correct.
In post 63, Persivul wrote:"Quickhammering should be a bannable offense." Sounds debatable.

"Voting within the rules created by mod should be a bannable offense." Doesn't sound debatable - but it's the same thing.

If mod wants to put a 24-hour waiting period for example on hammers, they can do that. If they don't, quickhammers are acceptable play.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”