profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:30 am

Post by profii »

In post 458, LolWagons wrote:he's pretty much universally acknowledged as an easy target to push on, and we still are having trouble getting votes on him.
this is so so pertinent to what is happening right now
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 458, LolWagons wrote:It should be super telling that people refuted BEF's "logic" about meta before I even got here to defend myself, he fucking walked it back but stuck on my slot, he is lurker hunting me but not concerned about more absent people, and he's pretty much universally acknowledged as an easy target to push on, and
we still are having trouble getting votes on him.
I played a game recently where quick lynch happens on scum and super difficult obviously scummy person was near impossible so maybe in the olden days this was reliable. It’s not anymore. Besides bef isn’t that scummy. Obviously since I can’t even get a read on him and it took the person most vocal about lynching him to refuse to provide a case that determine he’s town.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:21 am

Post by profii »

In post 476, Doughboy wrote:super difficult obviously scummy person was near impossible so maybe in the olden days this was reliable. It’s not anymore
Lol, actually, the crimson lynch in the game we played together is a perfect example of a day 1 lynch which was really tough to get through.

sigh
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:31 am

Post by LolWagons »

DDL,

What happened between here:
In post 91, DrDolittle wrote:thinking about putting the inaugural vote on bef
Here:
In post 110, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 92, Elbirn wrote:
In post 91, DrDolittle wrote:thinking about putting the inaugural vote on bef
Can you talk about why and/or actually vote for him?
cause bef gets voted day 1 and his posts are strange and therefore seems scummy (c.f. the whole vote unvote business rn)
but i think he might be town today.
and here:
In post 366, DrDolittle wrote:BEF looks town. Ruby Red/PP looks town. I'm uncertain on Lolwagons - and I agree with BEF that "245 might not be fluffy/agendary but it does come across as calculated."

Don't feel good about profii still by page 12
To go from leaning into voting to leaning in to town? Because I feel like BEF has been playing the same type of game since my slot started lurking.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:35 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 476, Doughboy wrote:
In post 458, LolWagons wrote:It should be super telling that people refuted BEF's "logic" about meta before I even got here to defend myself, he fucking walked it back but stuck on my slot, he is lurker hunting me but not concerned about more absent people, and he's pretty much universally acknowledged as an easy target to push on, and
I played a game recently where quick lynch happens on scum and super difficult obviously scummy person was near impossible so maybe in the olden days this was reliable. It’s not anymore. Besides bef isn’t that scummy. Obviously since I can’t even get a read on him and it took the person most vocal about lynching him to refuse to provide a case that determine he’s town.
Exception, not rule.

By definition, all things being equal, it will always be harder to lynch scum. If you have two equally scummy players, one town, and one scum, you are going to have a hard time lynching scum, because all 11 other people (which excludes you and the target in this case) will be playing towards their win condition when that player is town, provided town truly thinks they are scum. Whereas only 9 or 10 will when they are mafia. That seems like a small difference but with 6 other than yourself needed to lynch, those margins matter. I'm not saying scum can't bus, but obviously mafia wants to lynch mafia more than town. They literally have to.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:35 am

Post by LolWagons »

Town wants to lynch mafia more than town*
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 475, profii wrote:
In post 458, LolWagons wrote:he's pretty much universally acknowledged as an easy target to push on, and we still are having trouble getting votes on him.
this is so so pertinent to what is happening right now
Yes. Its not exclusively this, but it supports a broader cluster of evidence.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:42 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 476, Doughboy wrote:
There was a case provided, you just don't agree with the logic.
Malakitty
Malakitty
Goon
Malakitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Malakitty »

Okay so what am I missing between BEF, Eli and profi

Whatever it is I’m trying to skim and I’m lost. At first it looked like a meta read and now I’m not sure
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Doughboy »

In post 482, LolWagons wrote:There was a case provided, you just don't agree with the logic.
I didn’t see him respond to my request. Can you link it?
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Trivium »

In post 234, Trivium wrote:Nope, your reasons are terrible and not alignment indicative but I can tell you've already made up your mind and will find anything I do to be scum. It takes more than votes to frustrate me, but let me tell you you're certainly getting there. I think brighteyed has been opportunistic all day, not just with my post, and presented a case for it. I think you'll find not a lot of people this game have done anything of the sort or provided the kind of analysis I have: killing me would be wasting a valuable town and you know that. I did not say you can only be scum to scum read me, I said it's more likely, I have barely a clue whether you are or are not, though I like sticking to my clues. Your scumread on me consists of "I don't agree with you, you're scum." This game is about more than votes to me, I suggest looking at the patterns of conversation around the places I say there's pressure rather than just votes, unless you are being entirely disingenuous and just want me dead.
That's so meta
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Doughboy »

I’m not asking for one from you. You’re confirmed scum. I’m asking your most likely scum buddy profli to provide something more than the nonsense he posted when he voted. That was worse of a reason than what he says is so bad about my reasons for scum reading him.

Meta > he hopped off a mislynch so he’s probably scum.

Scum want to mislynch. They don’t hop off mislynches.

You both make sense as scum. If you both are town you and mr “I’m scum” all are killing our chances of winning this game.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Doughboy »

And yes your reason is terrible. Nobody should agree with it imo.
Show

LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by LolWagons »

Doughboy
In post 444, profii wrote:and to try and be as succinct as possible regarding BEF.

his ISO features a lot of talk about the Tex/Lol slot, the indecision over voting there appears like someone who has TMI - wants to be voting there, but knows it will be a mislynch so needs to find an 'excuse' to be on the wagon if the flip actually happens - up until very near the end of the ISO, there is very little else about other slots, which IME is something i have caught scum doing - they tend to just pick on a player they think they can get a mislynch on, rather than assessing the entire town as a whole and saying "I like X Y & Z because... and I dont like A B and C because...."
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 450, LolWagons wrote:
In post 342, BrightEyedFish wrote:I'm just going to put this out there, granted this happened almost 9 years ago, but I looked a little into lol's meta as slaxx and here is an interesting post I found.
Note the linked post is a game where lol (slaxx) subbed into a scum slot and his opening post is very similar to his opening post in this game with a full reads list.

viewtopic.php?p=2057883#p2057883
First of all, I do that as town, and you can easily look back at the "Mafia in Space!" game I replaced in on this alt much more recently to confirm that. Not only did I give my complete reads list (no omissions), but my first vote was on the SK that won the game. I was the N1 kill.

I have a really freaking hard time believing you tried to honestly meta me and somehow missed a recent game 5 years ago but dug up my literal second or third game on the site 9 years ago.

The quote:
Spoiler: "PbP, If you care"

Town: SK, CTD, Ffer
Leaning Town: Gar, Plum
Lurkers/Null: CDB, Empire, NS, YYR
Leaning Scum: Kaze, Brian
Scum: Spyrex

Vote: Spyrex
First of all, this was also day 1, with zero flips.

Within the spoiler is the same post by post analysis I did when replacing in to this game. And you're right, I do this as scum too. So its NAI. But the fact you didn't even bother to try to falsify that opinion and decided to post it anyway? You're obviously looking specifically for things to push my wagon forward and not particularly interested on whether they are valid or not. You're either dealing with a huge confirmation bias issue, or you're scum. And I'm still confident you flip Red.

And in terms of my inactivity, I have not even been gone two days. I have not even needed to be prodded. I know you are really leaning on that as the crutch of my case but give it up. I'd probably guess half the player list has been gone for more than 38 hours at some point in the game.
By the way, I got my games confused. The game I was referring to here is "Mini 1501: We're On A Boat! "
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 483, Malakitty wrote:Okay so what am I missing between BEF, Eli and profi

Whatever it is I’m trying to skim and I’m lost. At first it looked like a meta read and now I’m not sure
Do you mean what are the cases on them or are you referring to specific interactions between them?

We are down to a bit over a day, you're going to have to start making up your mind soon.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by LolWagons »

In post 464, LolWagons wrote:
In post 460, Doughboy wrote:
In post 452, LolWagons wrote:This profii/doughboy thing reads like town vs town and they just hate each other from another game.
That’s not true. At least not from me. I only hate like 3/4 people on this site and he’s not one of them. I’m just familiar with his play and his play this game is completely different imo.
What read did you have on him day 1 in that game?
Doughboy can you answer this
Sad Sheep
Sad Sheep
Goon
Sad Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Sad Sheep »

In post 483, Malakitty wrote:Okay so what am I missing between BEF, Eli and profi

Your vote on pp in your 1st post, has become invalid since you stated the replacement is a tr.

Stance on lead wagon BEF, or at least a stance of a scumread on someone??
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Post by Doughboy »

In post 491, LolWagons wrote:
In post 452, LolWagons wrote:This profii/doughboy thing reads like town vs town and they just hate each other from another game.
That’s not true. At least not from me. I only hate like 3/4 people on this site and he’s not one of them. I’m just familiar with his play and his play this game is completely different imo.
My read on him was he was trolling and I wanted the PL him. See he was actually one of the toxic players in that game. He faked a post restriction and did absolutely nothing to help town. He’s got other games where he is useless as town. Here he’s actually trying to be helpful and appear townie which is different than what I’ve seen from him (meta) and is even say it’s lamist. The easiest way for cheap town cred is that end rvs and every mafia player knows that. The fact he tried to take credit for it earlier hurts him.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Doughboy »

In post 488, LolWagons wrote:Doughboy
In post 444, profii wrote:and to try and be as succinct as possible regarding BEF.

his ISO features a lot of talk about the Tex/Lol slot, the indecision over voting there appears like someone who has TMI - wants to be voting there, but knows it will be a mislynch so needs to find an 'excuse' to be on the wagon if the flip actually happens - up until very near the end of the ISO, there is very little else about other slots, which IME is something i have caught scum doing - they tend to just pick on a player they think they can get a mislynch on, rather than assessing the entire town as a whole and saying "I like X Y & Z because... and I dont like A B and C because...."
This is just a wordier version of his original reason. I see no evidence to support these claims though. How does he know he’s just town who wasn’t sure what to do? That’s actually a thing you know?

If that’s all anyone has gtfoh. You need something better. He doesn’t have anything better. He actually could be scum. I honestly don’t know but that’s a terrible reason to lynch somebody.
Show

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by profii »

What great reasons are you are expecting to pop up and direct us to scum on day 1 then?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by profii »

In post 493, Doughboy wrote:
In post 491, LolWagons wrote:
My read on him was he was trolling and I wanted the PL him. See he was actually one of the toxic players in that game. He faked a post restriction and did absolutely nothing to help town. He’s got other games where he is useless as town. Here he’s actually trying to be helpful and appear townie which is different than what I’ve seen from him (meta) and is even say it’s lamist. The easiest way for cheap town cred is that end rvs and every mafia player knows that. The fact he tried to take credit for it earlier hurts him.
:lol:

There are no examples of anything here - this is all just shade

But to go into the one event you did reference

Sure, I did fake a post restriction to see what happened, I found 2 words was too restrictive so I pulled out, but also tried Haikus in the next game to give myself some flexibility- I like to try and improve things all the time so your meta argument is lovely but too simplistic

I also like to try things and if they don’t work- shame but I’m not scared of trying - go look at one of my early games where I self voted in RVS, just so I could see what would happen, it didn’t work out well, so guess how many times I did that again? Never

You are taking a really simple approach to sorting me - my fear is that you are setting the burden of proficiency very high for day 1 and expecting everyone else to catch scum - which is a) unlikely if no one really scums it up early doors and b) seemingly not a standard you hold yourself too

But you are happy to mud sling at me for not being able to catch scum, yet no one else is coming through with a case so I don’t know what you expect here
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Springtrap has been prodded.

I will be trying out an automatic vote counter, thank you to Doughboy for your suggestion!
Boop.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:52 am

Post by profii »

Under 24 hours and no one is posting :-/
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:01 am

Post by ChibiBear »

This is a post.
Last edited by ChibiBear on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boop.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”