Springtrap (3):
Firebringer , Nibbui , ceejayvinoya
Blackjacks (2):
Keyser Söze , RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells (1):
pinturicchio

Not voting (1):
Springtrap

With 13 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-09 14:42:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Blackjacks »

This conversation is boring, lynch volxen

-r
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

no
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 644, ceejayvinoya wrote:Volxen gets a pass for the day because I remember a game where he did this in day 1 and came back strong the day after, so yeah I wanna see more of volxen.
which game was this?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 703, Blackjacks wrote:
In post 644, ceejayvinoya wrote:Volxen gets a pass for the day because I remember a game where he did this in day 1 and came back strong the day after, so yeah I wanna see more of volxen.
which game was this?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=77254

here you go. d1 apathetic volxen followed by strong townplay on succeeding days
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Blackjacks »

Subject: Newbie 1889: Ice Cream (Game Over)
volxen wrote:Nova, is there a particular reason why you singled me out compared to the other players with low-content? In you voted for me and called me out after I had made a post () indicating that I was in the process of getting caught up in the thread. You called me out for lurking, but you didn’t call anyone else out and it came across like the only reason why it bothered you is because I made that post before I would have gotten prodded, as opposed to making it after I got prodded. In the very next post in the thread, , UC made a similar “I need to get caught up” post, but it didn’t phase you at all. Literally the only difference between my “I need to get caught up” post and UC’s “I need to get caught up” post is that I made mine before I would have gotten prodded, and he made his after he got prodded. Also, at the time you made , Horrordude only had two posts ( and ), one of which was his RVS vote and the other being his “I need to catch up” post. UC also had only two posts ( and ) at the time you made , and again here one of his posts was a unvote/vote and the other was a “I need to catch up post”. I, on the other hand, had 5 posts (, , , , and ) at the time you made , and 3 out of those 5 posts contained serious game-related content. The fact of the matter is that I had more game-related content than both Horror and UC
combined
at the time you made , but out of us three “lurkers” the
ONLY
thing that stuck out to you was the fact that I made my “I’m getting caught up” post before getting prodded as opposed to making it after getting prodded? Seriously?

If you had equally called all three of us out in for having low-content, that would have been one thing. But you completely ignored UC’s and Horror’s own lack of content and hammered down on me solely because of the timing of my “I’m getting caught up” post. And then in , you continued to double down on me while still basically ignoring UC’s lack of content (you briefly name dropped him here but that was it). And here you also praised Horror for making a catch-up post, while downplaying my exchange with and questioning of xwing, as if that’s somehow not legitimate game-related content.

If your case against me is that I am more likely to be scum compared to the other low-content posters because of the timing of my “I’m getting caught up” post, then, to quote Reundo, I would say your case is pretty damn “flim flam”.
volxen wrote:fos: NotNova for the time being for his questionable reasoning behind scumreading me.
town.volxen omgusing in that game early d1 feels pretty righteous to me
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Clemency »

wow i don't wanna touch this game with a 10 foot pole right about now
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 607, volxen wrote:I feel like your almost BOPing me or something. And in Newbie 1889, where I was town and you were scum, you made the same argument against me. You linked to one of my previous town games, claimed I wasn't as towny as I was in the previous game, and accused me of being scum over it. Interesting that you are doing the exact same thing again here this game.

I still think Meme is suspicious because of the whole "be cautious with voting because all four scum might pile on the wagon" at the very beginning of the game. And for now, I have scumleans on Blackjack and Ceejay because both of them seem eager to scumpaint me merely based on how frequently I am posting in this game.
this isn't particularly righteous and he doesn't seem to care whether our scumread on him is reasonable or unreasonable, just that it exists.
In post 542, volxen wrote:
I mean, I'm not sure why
you are putting so much stock in this. I only have one completed scum game on site, and it seems like you are scumreading me here because of a certain ongoing game. At times I have gaps in my posts as both alignments. And yes if I am playing multiple games, I may not post each day in each game.
this definitely isn't righteous, it's actively scummy and defensive in tone

I'm not really seeing similarity to volxen's town meta, even in that game
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 672, Springtrap wrote:
In post 651, RadiantCowbells wrote:There's an awful pattern in my recent games where I catch scum, the entire town fucks off to vote the juiciest shiniest lynchbait (volxen/springtrap), the slot flips town then a bunch of awful townies turn on me for TMI reads or whatever stupid reason they have to

Gotta steal this pt sorry not sorry nsg
... Is anyone else gonna address this here? "PT" slip would imply 3 things that I've read. A neighborhood. A Masonry. And (unlikely) a scumthread.

You also said "fuck" afterward to imply you didnt mean to put that here. Just suprised nobody else mentioned it.
one thing i need to correct i'm 99% sure "pt" meant pagetop
hence the apology to nsg
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by volxen »

VOTE: Blackjacks
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: blackjacks
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 710, ceejayvinoya wrote:VOTE: blackjacks
:thinking:

You know that if BJ ever flips scum, with this post I'm probably gonna try lynching you next day right?

Do you see my point on suspecting you?

Also, do you town read me?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 648, RadiantCowbells wrote:Please for the love of God can we lynch blackjack before I forget what it is that I'm seeing rn
Well I had my own reasons and already forgot what they were
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 692, RadiantCowbells wrote:if doing all these things hasn't gotten scum lynched then not doing these things certainly wouldn't get scum lynched. volxen has done enough to know he's town. i'm doing what it takes to lynch scum and I'm not apologizing for it.

you should be apologizing for defending scum.
At this point you’re just talking in gibberish. The first sentence makes no sense.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 am

Post by volxen »

I think RC is likely right about BlackJacks. I've never played with Ruru, and my only experience with Orfhz is in another ongoing game, and yet both of them are convinced I'm scum because I don't have tons of posts in this game already. They even have referenced some of my previous town games, without even taking into account things such as that I do sometimes have gaps in my posts as both alignments, or that I often do better after day 1 when I have more information to work with via flips.

I don't feel like BlackJacks wants to sort my alignment, but rather it feels like both heads of the hydra just want to push a mislynch through.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 714, volxen wrote:I think RC is likely right about BlackJacks. I've never played with Ruru, and my only experience with Orfhz is in another ongoing game, and yet both of them are convinced I'm scum because I don't have tons of posts in this game already. They even have referenced some of my previous town games, without even taking into account things such as that I do sometimes have gaps in my posts as both alignments, or that I often do better after day 1 when I have more information to work with via flips.

I don't feel like BlackJacks wants to sort my alignment, but rather it feels like both heads of the hydra just want to push a mislynch through.
Hi Volxen talk with me

I feel that BJ is hard pushing you without reconsidering it that much, yes. That point I can somewhat agree.

However the post they linked here from your town game sounded very differently than your posts here.

You didn't see engaged in sorting anyone alignment aside from posting things everyone had already said and approved, nor do you right now seem to focus on anything but avoiding your lynch or saying that BJ is scum.

Do you really think it's weird to scum read you here? I don't think it would be that hard for you to actually sound townier if you had some motivation.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:40 am

Post by volxen »

In post 715, Nibbui wrote:
In post 714, volxen wrote:I think RC is likely right about BlackJacks. I've never played with Ruru, and my only experience with Orfhz is in another ongoing game, and yet both of them are convinced I'm scum because I don't have tons of posts in this game already. They even have referenced some of my previous town games, without even taking into account things such as that I do sometimes have gaps in my posts as both alignments, or that I often do better after day 1 when I have more information to work with via flips.

Hi Volxen talk with me

I feel that BJ is hard pushing you without reconsidering it that much, yes. That point I can somewhat agree.

However the post they linked here from your town game sounded very differently than your posts here.

You didn't see engaged in sorting anyone alignment aside from posting things everyone had already said and approved, nor do you right now seem to focus on anything but avoiding your lynch or saying that BJ is scum.

Do you really think it's weird to scum read you here? I don't think it would be that hard for you to actually sound townier if you had some motivation.
What I'm saying is that the conclusion "Volxen hasn't made tons of posts = Volxen is scum" is overly simplistic, and I have a hard time believing that is coming from a townie who really wants to solve the game. For instance, you are at least trying to engage with me, whereas BlackJacks has multiple posts calling for my lynch.

Either he is scum, or he has some misguided preconceived notion of what town!Volxen looks like and thinks I'm scum because I'm not living up to that expectation. Considering he has never played with town!me in any of my completed town games, him posting as if he is some sort of expert on my town meta is fairly suspect.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:41 am

Post by volxen »

And based on that BlackJacks is my top scumread at the moment.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:42 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 716, volxen wrote: What I'm saying is that the conclusion "Volxen hasn't made tons of posts = Volxen is scum" is overly simplistic, and I have a hard time believing that is coming from a townie who really wants to solve the game. For instance, you are at least trying to engage with me, whereas BlackJacks has multiple posts calling for my lynch.

Either he is scum, or he has some misguided preconceived notion of what town!Volxen looks like and thinks I'm scum because I'm not living up to that expectation. Considering he has never played with town!me in any of my completed town games, him posting as if he is some sort of expert on my town meta is fairly suspect.
Point taken.

Still,

Do you find your posts here less townier than the usual?

Also, do you think that you would be doing something different here as scum?
Springtrap
Springtrap
Goon
Springtrap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Springtrap »

In post 708, Clemency wrote:
In post 651, RadiantCowbells wrote:There's an awful pattern in my recent games where I catch scum, the entire town fucks off to vote the juiciest shiniest lynchbait (volxen/springtrap), the slot flips town then a bunch of awful townies turn on me for TMI reads or whatever stupid reason they have to

... Is anyone else gonna address this here? "PT" slip would imply 3 things that I've read. A neighborhood. A Masonry. And (unlikely) a scumthread.

You also said "fuck" afterward to imply you didnt mean to put that here. Just suprised nobody else mentioned it.
hence the apology to nsg
Oh. Thank you for that correction. Surprised nobody else decided to do that for me. They just brushed me aside.
"He'll come back... He always does."
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 719, Springtrap wrote:
In post 708, Clemency wrote:

hence the apology to nsg
Oh. Thank you for that correction. Surprised nobody else decided to do that for me.
They just brushed me aside
I clearly tried to engage with you and to see your thought process back there. Saying no one noticed you was kinda out of bad faith or shows that you didn't read my post what isn't a such good thing...

I didn't correct your mistake though yes, but it was because I wanted to see how you did reach that conclusion.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:53 am

Post by volxen »

In post 718, Nibbui wrote:
In post 716, volxen wrote: What I'm saying is that the conclusion "Volxen hasn't made tons of posts = Volxen is scum" is overly simplistic, and I have a hard time believing that is coming from a townie who really wants to solve the game. For instance, you are at least trying to engage with me, whereas BlackJacks has multiple posts calling for my lynch.

Point taken.

Still,

@Nibbui, I'm not sure what you want me to say here. I do frequently get misread as scum as town, especially on day 1. This has happened to me in multiple of my town games, including Newbie 1888, Newbie 1889, and Newbie 1893. In the latter two games, I was a town power role and forced to roleclaim on day 1 to avoid getting mislynched. And again, BlackJacks has clearly looked at at least some of those games, but it's like he's selectively pointing out things that he thinks will help him to present a case for scum!Volxen rather than taking a more holistic approach to my meta.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 am

Post by volxen »

By the way @Nibbui, RC and Ceejay have both played with town!me before, whereas Orfhz and Ruru have not. RC seems to be strong townreading me, Ceejay is either nullreading me or townleaning me, and Ofrhz/Ruru are scumreading me. Does that affect your read of me at all?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 721, volxen wrote:
In post 718, Nibbui wrote:

Point taken.

Still,

@Nibbui, I'm not sure what you want me to say here. I do frequently get misread as scum as town, especially on day 1. This has happened to me in multiple of my town games, including Newbie 1888, Newbie 1889, and Newbie 1893. In the latter two games, I was a town power role and forced to roleclaim on day 1 to avoid getting mislynched. And again, BlackJacks has clearly looked at at least some of those games, but it's like he's selectively pointing out things that he thinks will help him to present a case for scum!Volxen rather than taking a more holistic approach to my meta.
Ok that was good info but not really the info I asked (it was still good info).

Let's hyphotetically assume you're town. What would you do different as scum here? What do you think are some notable differences between your scum and town meta?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 722, volxen wrote:By the way @Nibbui, RC and Ceejay have both played with town!me before, whereas Orfhz and Ruru have not. RC seems to be strong townreading me, Ceejay is either nullreading me or townleaning me, and Ofrhz/Ruru are scumreading me. Does that affect your read of me at all?
It doesn't because I don't like how sly Ceejay has been sounding nor the kind of thought process RC is showing. It's not necessarily a scum read but yeah.

Also I got interested in something, do you think that Radiant hard town read on you is valid and reasonable? Or do you think that it's a early read but it's being beneficial to you right now (and it's hipothetically correct)?

Return to “Completed Open Games”