League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Eve in URF is bullshit and I love her.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #1) » Tue May 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 126, Maestro wrote:You mean I have to be
AWARE OF ENEMY CHAMPIONS
to successfully do my job in League of Legends?!?

brb gonna go make Plat

Spoiler:
:roll:
I made Plat s4/s5, and yeah, that's pretty much it. Don't be stupid and horribly out of postition, auto free targets, and you're pretty much a low-plat ADC. You don't need to be good at all to be Plat.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

maaaaan

0/1/17 janna in a game with 22 kills, carry goes 4/1/9, placed and killed a ton of wards and I still don't get an S

rito what do you want from meeeeeeeeeeee? It feels like I only get S's as support when I play shitty and steal kills.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

welp i guess they saved the s for this game

my warding wasn't even that good in this one, but I stole 6 kills so s+, makes sense :roll:

TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:09 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

I'm in an ongoing with someone named Shaziro, so I assume that's the same guy. Never played League with him though.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Mank Demer XNGUX: zed's open
TehBrawlGuy DPLoL: zed has a 47% winrate
TehBrawlGuy DPLoL: lol
Mank Demer XNGUX: doesnt make him any less strong
Good old soloq logic. This is my ADC, too. I feel like I should've dodged this one, we'll see.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:35 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

She refused to group all game, just afk pushing bot and feeding whichever of lee/ekko/wukong wanted to pick up the free kill. We would've won if not for her. No fucking wonder she hates assassins.

Low plat, everyone, where good mechanics and the mind of a moron can get you here.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

8/0/15 lulu with best kp in game on hexakill = A+

I guess it'a angry at me that I didn't CS and did no damage, but AP support Lulu doesn't do those things. I want to say that the featured game mode algorithm isn't tuned for supports.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 450, JasonWazza wrote:Made an account to dick around on for ranked.

Funny how 1/1 in provisionals on a fresh 30 account, is somehow at silver 2 MMR.

Also like how for some reason because i'm not playing in super tryhard mode, i am trolling according to that team, not to mention it was a 4 man premade with a shitty jungler who died top and gave double buffs over to an Ahri (went in on 300 health and was shocked that i didn't go in and, i dunno tank it), when i was shen, and me losing that lane is my fault.

Ah ranked is so stupid.
Losing your lane is
always
your fault in a sololane.

Junglers might be dumb sometimes and make it harder, but that just means you should have been winning the lane earlier. Even if your opponent is up gold/buffs you should be able to mechanically outplay them unless you're in masters+
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 457, hiplop wrote:
In post 455, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 450, JasonWazza wrote:Made an account to dick around on for ranked.

Funny how 1/1 in provisionals on a fresh 30 account, is somehow at silver 2 MMR.

Also like how for some reason because i'm not playing in super tryhard mode, i am trolling according to that team, not to mention it was a 4 man premade with a shitty jungler who died top and gave double buffs over to an Ahri (went in on 300 health and was shocked that i didn't go in and, i dunno tank it), when i was shen, and me losing that lane is my fault.

Ah ranked is so stupid.
Losing your lane is
always
your fault in a sololane.

Junglers might be dumb sometimes and make it harder, but that just means you should have been winning the lane earlier. Even if your opponent is up gold/buffs you should be able to mechanically outplay them unless you're in masters+
what rank are you
I peaked at plat iv last season.

You don't need to be master's+ to abuse your lane, you need to be better than them. I could/can abuse people in high silver/low gold and get abused by high plat/low diamond.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Stormraider's best usage is on Nasus, by far, because it helps deal with his only real combat problem.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

i will never understand how champ mastery works - kog gets an S and I get an A because ????
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:10 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

matchmaking what

draven was building normally up until the ff, so he didn't int us or anything
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3742 (isolation #13) » Sun May 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

I play jung/supp and I think ARAM isn't bad practice. It's good for pure mechanical practice of outplaying, knowing when to go in, hitting/dodging ss.

I peaked at plat 4 so I'm not a god or anything but I'm at least not bad
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3761 (isolation #14) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:24 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3760, dramonic wrote:Please don't do mage jungles in ranked.
It doesn't matter how good your ganks are if the enemy jungler can just murder you on CD.
^^^

Unless the opposing jungler is brain dead, you're going to get invaded 24/7 and your shit pushed in. You can probably get away with it if the enemy jungler is an absolutely garbage duelist, like Amumu, but most meta junglers will just destroy you, especially with how good early skirmishers are now.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3765 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

yeah, if it does 500 dmg and you're at <500, it just kills you like urgot ult does. armor, shields, DR, all get fucked

it's pretty brilliant as an anti-shield counter, and also as a way for him to be able to burst tanks without being unstoppable vs squishies
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3776 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

so for whoever liked mage junglers, taliyah jungle is broken now. pros are spamming it, and I just played a round of it and holy shit is it strong
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3806 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

nami is actually the strongest traditional support right now in terms of wr, and from personal experience I also agree she's the best

they nerfed most of the direct damage botlane. sona, janna etc, so if nami can get multiple bounces off W she's got the best damage of any enchanter right now
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3807 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

so I just did 3s placements for lulz in the hopes I'd get gold or better, in the assumption that they're gonna do victorious chromas like last year. I ended gold v in 3s last year because I did the same thing, went 7-3 this year, and I just placed into plat v. this is actually my first time placing plat in any queue. the times I've been in plat before I had to grind up to there. I think my best placement was gold ii or something.

idk whether i should be pumped or mad the one queue riot placed me well in is fucking 3s lmao
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3837 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3833, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 3831, Draynth wrote:I mean I don't necessarily disagree, but the way you phrased literally all of the above leads me to believe everyone else isn't the sole reason you're not enjoying the game anymore
The last thing I found enjoyable in League was playing Zyra, but she's legitimately not viable with Brand being a god tier support. The options are banning it or playing Soraka or Karma every game, maybe Morg, and I like Morg, but I half pick Morg to win lane, going for pick potential never ends well. Brand is a great ban, but then you miss out on Aatrox and Wukong, or at least you did, they were supposed to have been nerfed in a recent patch.

In my last games I was basically suiciding and 1v1ing everybody with Zyra because that's what the meta is. Regular League is basically URF. An arcade game. 30 minutes of your life per game is an arcade game. Not worth it.
In post 3832, PJ. wrote:Hate to break it to you, but "shot caller" has never been a role or a thing in solo q unless you were/are the super fed guy. No one listens to the 0/3 "macro genius"
Plainly not true. Shotcaller was a thing, and people would ask for someone to make calls if nobody was making any.
Zyra is better than Brand in almost every elo rn - Brand is doing better in Bronze, but Zyra's doing great there, so it's not like it matters that much.
In post 3836, Lycanfire wrote:Thank you for your contribution to the discussion. I'd participate in dick waving with you, but I'm sure you'd just call my peak rank bad, because you're a troll.
panzer's been doing this for years for some reason

if it helps any, I peaked higher than he did and I have absolutely seen/done that kind of shotcalling. It's true that nobody listens to you if your KDA is bad, but if you play enchanter supports, it turns out you pretty much only appear to have a bad KDA when you fuck up really bad. Nobody really cares if Nami's 0/3 as long as it's like 0/3/7 or something.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3841 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3839, Papa Zito wrote:Playing safe isn't always correct.
pretty much this

I onetricked Janna to Plat season 4, and there's a lot of times its worth potentially trading your life to make plays happen
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3843 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:02 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3842, Draynth wrote:Nami is (/was? haven't played in like 2 months) freelo if you knew how to bully people in lane without inting
still is against standard lanes, she just has a hard time against Swain et al

or maybe I just have no idea how to play the MU
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3851 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:54 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

If you can't find anyone on MS, the /r/leagueoflegends discord was pretty easy, at least for me.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3856 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:37 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3854, zoraster wrote:i assume some people have seen this, but if not: https://kotaku.com/inside-the-culture-o ... 1828165483
don't have much experience with riot personally, but this is all too common in games industry and tech. I wish this was a bigger surprise to me than it is.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3868 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3867, PJ. wrote:
For some reason, you think I care about what rank you made it to.
gosh, panzer why might he have this impression?
In post 3862, PJ. wrote:I had you pegged as ... low elo
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3896 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Poppy is straight up busted in Nexus Blitz imo, as well as being a top tier 3s jungler. The only place I haven't spammed her is SR.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

ap malphite in nexus blitz is legit the funnest thing I've played since old URF Eve.

you just delete players
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:06 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3907, Psyche wrote:I'm gonna try Karthus as my alternate to Ivern for when the rest of my comp is already high in utility and needs damage. He's off-meta, but he deals more damage than any jungler in the game, has a very fast clear speed, and I'm already very experienced with him.
I need to suss out just *how* impractical
he'd be and whether teammates will just riot when I pick him, but games I've played so far haven't been a struggle at all. Eventually I'll either have enough courage to try him in ranked or just abandon him.
you're going to have a hard time doing that in norms tbh

karthus's big weakness is that you can just invade him and murder him for free as any aggressive jungler, and people don't counterjungle nearly as much in norms for some reason. he's also gonna get harder to climb with as you go up and people start getting brains about how to counter him
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4067 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Old, but probably still mostly accurate:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MordekaiserMai ... osts_have/

Jinx passive does work, Draven's does not. It seems like most/all of the passives that apply debuffs on AA still work - Braum, Naut, Darius, etc. so that's actually pretty consistent. It seems passives in general, besides just AA debuffs are not consistent, though, which isn't really a surprise to me because #morde.

Return to “The Arcade”