Starcraft Mafia -- Game Over!

Krazy
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: January 29, 2011

Post Post #275  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Votecount 1.5
Varsoon(2) ~ (10), (48)
Mitillos(2) ~ (10), (1)
Xtoxm(1) ~ (18)
Shoshin(1) ~ (1)
Performer(1) ~ (25)
Irrelephant11(1) ~ (8)


Not Voting (7): Creature(2), (15), Not_Mafia(0), Xtoxm(1), Saudade(9), Varsoon(7), AlmostNancy(33)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:16:09)


MOD REMINDERSEdit: Creature's post count looks incorrect here, I'm going to double check this VC after my next shift, let me know if there's any other issues here
Friendly reminder to attack the play, not the player.
Not_Mafia has never posted. Please verify player interest.

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Last edited by Krazy on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy

Xtoxm
EBWOXM
 
User avatar
Joined: November 30, 2007

Post Post #276  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Performer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 06, 2015
Location: California
Pronoun: He

Post Post #277  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

In post 194, Shoshin wrote:Bad vote from teacher.

Good votes on Varsoon.

In post 212, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, I'm confident this is his scum game. His response to my vote is also pretty damning imo, since he's not even trying to sort me but instead just wants to start a pointless back-and-forth


I dont like the way shoshin voted skitter, later voted me, then when vars came back to talk about shosh, shes still on me while saying votes on vars is good (sounds like setting up) , soon after she flies straight from me onto scatman without addressing posts. Makes me think, "coasting mafia. "
And her confidence in scatman being scum and saying he's doing a pointless debate - the posts from vars dont look like pointless debate, it actually looks like shoshin is just writing vars off as scum.
VOTE: Shoshin

In post 179, Nauci wrote:TW ever get to having a natural flow and carefree attitude. I feel like I'm pretty confident at reading scum worst at this point and there's no hint of the nervous YOLOing and showboating I've seen (unfortunately for our poor ducky) too many times. Town lean.

He seems to always have a carefree attitude between his scum and town play though .... I dont see how it's AI.
In post 156, Mitillos wrote:Anyway, I think the information I have is good for the town to have in advance, and unlikely to be something that scum don't already know (since they have daytalk per post 0), so I will go ahead and share it:
There are no roles with the ninja modifier.

@Shoshin: I would still like an explanation for your Performer vote, please.

I like mitil for town

-----------
People throwing up these "X is town" posts I think is NAI to me, partly because the game is moving so fast, partly because of so many people in this game.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum. -Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else. -Jingle
People tried -RadiantCowbells

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Shoshin townreads Irrelephant immediately (If pocketing, it's clearly worked, Irrel thinks Shoshin is 99.9% town here as of the most recent page)
Irrel says Creature is town, then takes it back when Creature claims survivor.
Shoshin says Mitillos is town-ish.
Shoshin reiterates that Irrel and Mitllos are town, doesn't provide rationale for Irrel but does for Mitillos.
Irrel says Shoshin and The Worst are town, posits skitter as more-likely town than not
Skitter comes to the conclusion that Mitilos can be 'town for now'. There were earlier talks of low-key town reads from skitter but I didn't take those as the bold townread this is
Skitter calls basically everyone who's posted town besides The Worst: mtilos, irrel, creature, nauci, shoshin
Shoshin calls Nancy town. I actually really don't like this one because it seems to be indicating to Nancy that 'this is a repeat of Labyrinth, remember that one game I was town, yes, I am town here'.
AlmostNancy calls Shoshin and TheWorst town.
TheWorst calls Shoshin town.
Keyser townleads Shoshin, early recognizes lots of Townreads coming from Shoshin and TW.
Saudade calls TheWorst town.
AlmostNancy's other head sheeps the first on a Shoshin TR.
Skitter calls AlmostNancy town
Skitter voices a strong town read on Mitillos
TheWorst calls AlmostNancy town

So If I'm keeping a Town-vote-count here:
Shoshin (5): Irrelephant, Skitter, AlmostNancy, TheWorst, Keyser
TheWorst (3): Irrelephant, AlmostNancy, Saudade
AlmostNancy (3): Shoshin, Skitter, The Worst
Irrelephant (2): Shoshin, Skitter
Mitillos (2): Shoshin, Skitter
Creature (1): Skitter
Nauti (1): Skitter

So, Skitter and Shoshin obviously hand out the most townreads here.
In the case of both of them, I don't really understand how they've come to all of these conclusions.
Shoshin's garnered the most townreads, and this is within 200 posts--8 pages.
Look at that, though; there's more TOWNREADS given than votes--17 townreads, only 10 votes in that time (and this is only counting hard townreads, though my count may be off on votes)
That's wild to me. That's a clear indicator that someone's not being genuine.
And if you look at the data, it's got to either be skitter or shoshin.
Here's where this gets really wild:
Shosin's got townreads on most the players townreading herself.
Skitter's not being townread by anyone but is still giving out a ton of townreads.
I don't really know what to make of it, to be honest.
And I think I'm getting way more onto having more information than analysis here, but
I don't think Shoshin's reads are genuinely informed. I think Shoshin's townreads are hugely based on how players are reading Shoshin and how much Shoshin is capable of influencing others by handing out TRs.
That's what I was feeling when I voted for Shoshin. That's what I still feel now.
What do you all think?

P-EDIT:
I want to be clear that my aggression re:Shoshin is entirely at their play. Shoshin's a good dude outside of game and I apologize if they take any of this personally, that's not my intent.
These recent votes make me want to rejoin the Shoshin wagon but I feel very biased and I'm worried this might just be a ploy to drag me back in with the level of vitriol I had before.
I want to really sit down and assess this.

@Performer: It's entirely in Shoshin's town!wheelhouse to write someone off as scum like that, from my experience. I'm trying to parse if it's actually Shoshin's intent to lean into that kind of play or if it's just them being town and making a poor judgment call, influenced by bad blood.

@Xtoxm: What do you think about the way that Shoshin's handled their TRs, though? How is Shoshin scum for TRs but not Skitter as well?

Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #279  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

VOTE: Performer

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #280  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:30 pm

In post 230, Irrelephant11 wrote:oh nvm he's town
I super like 109, 150, 175 for town!him, though his paranoia of me is interesting and I'm curious to see where it will go

Sneak peak: I had a feeling you were buddying/pocketing on the sly in your entrance. I’ll need to read your subsequent recent posts.

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #281  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:31 pm

lol @ shoshin votes

If anyone would like to read through meta, I can link you to like 5? games where I could read Shoshin within her first few posts
Vote me before shoshin, please - at least my role is negative utility

pedit: VOTE: performer

pedit2: unvoting you was not the reason I changed my vote on page 1, but that would have been a very cool move from scum!me now that you mention it

AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 02, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #282  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm

In post 278, Varsoon wrote: Shoshin townreads Irrelephant immediately (If pocketing, it's clearly worked, Irrel thinks Shoshin is 99.9% town here as of the most recent page)
Irrel says Creature is town, then takes it back when Creature claims survivor.
Shoshin says Mitillos is town-ish.
Shoshin reiterates that Irrel and Mitllos are town, doesn't provide rationale for Irrel but does for Mitillos.
Irrel says Shoshin and The Worst are town, posits skitter as more-likely town than not
Skitter comes to the conclusion that Mitilos can be 'town for now'. There were earlier talks of low-key town reads from skitter but I didn't take those as the bold townread this is
Skitter calls basically everyone who's posted town besides The Worst: mtilos, irrel, creature, nauci, shoshin
Shoshin calls Nancy town. I actually really don't like this one because it seems to be indicating to Nancy that 'this is a repeat of Labyrinth, remember that one game I was town, yes, I am town here'.
AlmostNancy calls Shoshin and TheWorst town.
TheWorst calls Shoshin town.
Keyser townleads Shoshin, early recognizes lots of Townreads coming from Shoshin and TW.
Saudade calls TheWorst town.
AlmostNancy's other head sheeps the first on a Shoshin TR.
Skitter calls AlmostNancy town
Skitter voices a strong town read on Mitillos
TheWorst calls AlmostNancy town

So If I'm keeping a Town-vote-count here:
Shoshin (5): Irrelephant, Skitter, AlmostNancy, TheWorst, Keyser
TheWorst (3): Irrelephant, AlmostNancy, Saudade
AlmostNancy (3): Shoshin, Skitter, The Worst
Irrelephant (2): Shoshin, Skitter
Mitillos (2): Shoshin, Skitter
Creature (1): Skitter
Nauti (1): Skitter

So, Skitter and Shoshin obviously hand out the most townreads here.
In the case of both of them, I don't really understand how they've come to all of these conclusions.
Shoshin's garnered the most townreads, and this is within 200 posts--8 pages.
Look at that, though; there's more TOWNREADS given than votes--17 townreads, only 10 votes in that time (and this is only counting hard townreads, though my count may be off on votes)
That's wild to me. That's a clear indicator that someone's not being genuine.
And if you look at the data, it's got to either be skitter or shoshin.
Here's where this gets really wild:
Shosin's got townreads on most the players townreading herself.
Skitter's not being townread by anyone but is still giving out a ton of townreads.
I don't really know what to make of it, to be honest.
And I think I'm getting way more onto having more information than analysis here, but
I don't think Shoshin's reads are genuinely informed. I think Shoshin's townreads are hugely based on how players are reading Shoshin and how much Shoshin is capable of influencing others by handing out TRs.
That's what I was feeling when I voted for Shoshin. That's what I still feel now.
What do you all think?

P-EDIT:
I want to be clear that my aggression re:Shoshin is entirely at their play. Shoshin's a good dude outside of game and I apologize if they take any of this personally, that's not my intent.
These recent votes make me want to rejoin the Shoshin wagon but I feel very biased and I'm worried this might just be a ploy to drag me back in with the level of vitriol I had before.
I want to really sit down and assess this.

@Performer: It's entirely in Shoshin's town!wheelhouse to write someone off as scum like that, from my experience. I'm trying to parse if it's actually Shoshin's intent to lean into that kind of play or if it's just them being town and making a poor judgment call, influenced by bad blood.

@Xtoxm: What do you think about the way that Shoshin's handled their TRs, though? How is Shoshin scum for TRs but not Skitter as well?


Hey, Varsoon, we need to be higher on this list, because you forgot my townread on mitilos. Please fix that. :]
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39


We don’t intend to monkey around.

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #283  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 pm

honestly I think the moral of the story is shoshin/almostnancy/theworst should be the unbreakable townblock for the entire game

AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 02, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #284  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 pm

P.edit. I think you’re barking up the wrong tree, you shoild be cataloging scumreads instead. Scum frequently has a disproportionate ratio of scumreads v townreads.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39


We don’t intend to monkey around.

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #285  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 pm

I meant your entrance as a whole (not your first post). I’ll go through each post one by one that made me feel a disturbance in the force.

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #286  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:36 pm

In post 283, Irrelephant11 wrote:honestly I think the moral of the story is shoshin/almostnancy/theworst should be the unbreakable townblock for the entire game

Even this one :shifty:

Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 11, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #287  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Perhaps TW and Nauci could chip in here too...

AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 02, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #288  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 pm

In post 283, Irrelephant11 wrote:honestly I think the moral of the story is shoshin/almostnancy/theworst should be the unbreakable townblock for the entire game


You forgot mitilos but I want to add you now too, because I want to win Varsoon’s townreading competition.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39


We don’t intend to monkey around.

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #289  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 pm

In post 284, AlmostNancy wrote:P.edit. I think you’re barking up the wrong tree, you shoild be cataloging scumreads instead. Scum frequently has a disproportionate ratio of scumreads v townreads.


I'm not re-reading those first 10 pages ever again
If you wanna do that, be my guest, though it's hard to parse who has a legitimate scumread and not just 'bad vibes' or is voting someone for pressure.

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #290  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 pm

{shoshin, the worst, almost nancy} always town
{skitter, keyser}
{nauci, creature}
{varsoon, saudade, teacher, xtoxm} null
{mitillos, performer}

pedit: I do not think mitillos should be in the unbreakable townblock, no.
Keyser which of those three reads shouldn't be in the townblock? Or why is that post more likely to come from scum!me than town!me. I can't think of a reason for you to dislike that post.

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #291  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 pm

the caveat on my reads is that I have townleaned friends who do not deserve it before because I like them

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #292  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:44 pm

In post 291, Irrelephant11 wrote:the caveat on my reads is that I have townleaned friends who do not deserve it before because I like them


When you post stuff like this, Irrel, it feels like you're scum giving yourself wiggle room to later be okay with a lynch on your townreads, 'cus you were just 'friendreading' them and could be wrong.
:/

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #293  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:45 pm

In post 292, Varsoon wrote:
In post 291, Irrelephant11 wrote:the caveat on my reads is that I have townleaned friends who do not deserve it before because I like them


When you post stuff like this, Irrel, it feels like you're scum giving yourself wiggle room to later be okay with a lynch on your townreads, 'cus you were just 'friendreading' them and could be wrong.
:/

good thing I wrote other posts huh

Creature
Solve This Game
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #294  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Wow just realized how crappy online photo editors are
Sigh

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #295  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

I have no idea how anyone has a confident townread on you, Irrel.

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #296  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

I also think that pushing for an 'unbreakable townblock' on page 12 before any flips is really, really premature.

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #297  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 pm

But that's clearly because I am threatened scum who must undermine your town efforts to consolidate power.
Definitely.
It's not because I suspect that there's scum in the block.

Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #298  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:53 pm

You gotta exercise your brain, Varsoon. Stretch it a bit, until you understand.

Do you suspect there's scum in Irrelephant's "unbreakable townblock"?

Irrelephant11
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #299  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 pm

-meta
-not if I'm right
-if you're still talking about scumreading shoshin, lynch me. When I flip town, you are not allowed to place another vote on shoshin. This is @ the entire playerlist.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games