northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:02 am

Post by northsidegal »

nibbui i think you're being silly and scumreading a mindset that you maybe just don't understand

i don't think we should be letting kokichi win at all, but if he did win then it should be town who collectively decides who he gives the second unlocking to
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 398, mutantdevle wrote: I mean, if we do let kokichi win, then we are 100% doing the secondary vote.
Nah
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

elbirn why would you rather have it that kokichi pick himself rather than it being decided by vote?

things fall apart
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 266, ChibiBear wrote:I have half a mind to sheep his vote on RC though. I've only played 1 game with RC but he's a pretty opinionated and confident dude from what I've seen, it seems strange to me that he's actively refusing to post anything useful when there's plenty to talk about already.
I've also always known RC as pushy and opinionated. But I don't think that thinking he's scum just because he's not doing that is a bad conclusion to make. Not only is it unlikely that he'd be that unaware of his play that he'd let something as obvious as that indicate his alignment, but he's also opinionated as both alignments. (Not opinionated enough to get me mislynched though :P)
I mostly just lurk now.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 398, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 395, Elbirn wrote:The implication as I understood it was that we should be having a secondary vote on who gets the minigame power. I'm not about that. Let's all play the game and go from there.
I mean, if we do let kokichi win, then we are 100% doing the secondary vote. I'm currently under the impression that we are not letting kokichi win though.
Like, you
just
said some posts before that it would be better to let Kokichi somewhat choose from more or less a pool in the matter and that a plurality vote was bad, but now you're saying that if we let Kokichi win,
it's 100%
the secondary vote. You just changed of opinion? :(

Mutant, are you scum for real? :/
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:08 am

Post by mutantdevle »

* But I
DO
think that thinking he's scum just because he's not doing that is a bad conclusion to make. As in, your opinion is bad.
I mostly just lurk now.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 400, northsidegal wrote:nibbui i think you're being silly and scumreading a mindset that you maybe just don't understand
yeah but in Open 720 Mutant started this setup talk and there he sounded just as intellectually dishonest as he sounded here to me.

I scum read him there right off the bat and surprisingly he really was scum.

I'm not saying this is the same case at all or that I'm good on reading Mutant's alignment, it can even be very silly indeed, but dunno, I don't feel good about it right now.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Nibbui »

Also, some info:

I did PM JJH about whether the winner was publicly announced or not, and he said he can't answer that.

Until we discover about it, It may be better to not let Kokichi win at all I guess.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 402, northsidegal wrote:elbirn why would you rather have it that kokichi pick himself rather than it being decided by vote?
Oh I dont want Kokichi to pick

I want <winner of minigame> to keep their power for themselves or make the decision themselves to offer up the power to the will of the people or do whatever the hell they want with it. I *Don't* want a crowd of angry people going "u NeEd tO GiVe tHe rOLE tO wHo wE sAy" and then throwing a hissy fit and policy lynching them because they disagreed.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

Also I dont understand this game. Are we playing it now? Is the scavenger hunt "PM jj a list of 40 absolutely random words and hope they're on the list", because that's bizarre
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 404, Nibbui wrote:
In post 398, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 395, Elbirn wrote:The implication as I understood it was that we should be having a secondary vote on who gets the minigame power. I'm not about that. Let's all play the game and go from there.
I mean, if we do let kokichi win, then we are 100% doing the secondary vote. I'm currently under the impression that we are not letting kokichi win though.
Like, you
just
said some posts before that it would be better to let Kokichi somewhat choose from more or less a pool in the matter and that a plurality vote was bad, but now you're saying that if we let Kokichi win,
it's 100%
the secondary vote. You just changed of opinion? :(

Mutant, are you scum for real? :/
I don't know if I'm just bad at explaining what I mean here if you just don't understand what I'm saying but this is what I mean:

I don't think we should let kokichi win.

But if we do, then who he empowers should
go to a vote
However, I think that we will
not be able to reach a majority
on who gets empowered if we let kokichi win.
Hence,
kokichi will make a final choice
between the most popular candidates.
And
if that happens
, the less information we've given about how we'd react to a scum flip surrounding the empowerment choice the better.

My concern is that letting kokichi win will always result in kokichi making some kind of choice even with the voting, but if kokichi wins then voting is 100% better than just leting kokichi choose. We have the same opinion here.
I mostly just lurk now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:17 am

Post by northsidegal »

the winner of a minigame this time will always keep it for themselves

kokichi is the only one who, if he wins, will be able to also unlock someone else's minigame role PM.

with that in mind, if he's the one to win i would prefer that the one he unlocked was decided collectively rather than by himself. do you think it would be unreasonable to suspect someone who picked someone else after explicitly offering to let town decide his pick?

things fall apart
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 267, Firebringer wrote:Chibi u haven’t contributed anything here so not sure why ur asking RC to
Can I town read someone because I like their sass? :lol:
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 274, Varsoon wrote:P-EDIT: The fact you start in a neighborhood makes me think you're likelier scum than town.
Wait, why? Are you implying that his neighbourhoods are actually his scum buddies? Because if so then you'll need to be scum reading firebringer too. And if you just think that being in a neighbourhood is just scummy outside of that then you're going to need to explain why to me.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:24 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 291, Nibbui wrote:
In post 286, RadiantCowbells wrote:all the neighbourhoods were generated after the game started.
Oh, I see.

I wasn't invited to any though, sad. :(
In post 292, Elbirn wrote:Also who is the utter T H O T who didn't add me to a neighborhood

Somebody masonize me those are fun
I think it's probably best that people shouldn't be saying whether or not RC neighbourised them.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 302, Elbirn wrote:On topic though, hot take: varsoon and RC, I've gathered you both have a masturbation contest at each other every game you play and I'm content to ignore the both of you so long as this goes on because I don't think anything AI can be gathered from the two of you interacting with each other. Hopefully you both start to chafe and give up soon and we can move along
Do you really think that you would gain nothing from Varsoon and RC getting into a 1v1? Maybe I'm not considering the greater meta-knowledge of their distaste for each other but I think any 1v1 can tell us something about the motivations of each player.
I mostly just lurk now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 381, Nibbui wrote:No, Mutant.

We would be deciding who he empowers and in the next day we would confirm. It would be our choice, not kokichi, and therefore it would be unrelated to Kokichi's flip.

That's not the problem please. I already appointed the real difficulties I think.

I get that you want to play the minigames, but that argument sounds a bit intelectually dishonest of you.
Nibbui, that's an awful plan and gives scum a roadmap of who our empowered PRs are so they can just kill them.
No thanks.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 416, Varsoon wrote:
In post 381, Nibbui wrote:No, Mutant.

We would be deciding who he empowers and in the next day we would confirm. It would be our choice, not kokichi, and therefore it would be unrelated to Kokichi's flip.

That's not the problem please. I already appointed the real difficulties I think.

I get that you want to play the minigames, but that argument sounds a bit intelectually dishonest of you.
Nibbui, that's an awful plan and gives scum a roadmap of who our empowered PRs are so they can just kill them.
No thanks.
I already said that as well.

But I already said as well that we should only let Kokichi try to win if the winner is publicly announced. and if they're publicly announced, scum will know anyway who is the empowered PR. :neutral:
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 415, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 302, Elbirn wrote:On topic though, hot take: varsoon and RC, I've gathered you both have a masturbation contest at each other every game you play and I'm content to ignore the both of you so long as this goes on because I don't think anything AI can be gathered from the two of you interacting with each other. Hopefully you both start to chafe and give up soon and we can move along
Do you really think that you would gain nothing from Varsoon and RC getting into a 1v1? Maybe I'm not considering the greater meta-knowledge of their distaste for each other but I think any 1v1 can tell us something about the motivations of each player.
Okay, now I've learnt some context I think that a 1v1 between RC and Varsoon is probably the worst thing that could happen in this game.
I mostly just lurk now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Did you ask the mod if it was public or not?
@MOD: IS THE WINNER OF THE MINIGAME MADE PUBLIC OR NO?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 419, Varsoon wrote:Did you ask the mod if it was public or not?
@MOD: IS THE WINNER OF THE MINIGAME MADE PUBLIC OR NO?
He answered that question to me as "can't say".

Therefore, we shouldn't let Kokichi win today very probably.

Let's just forget about it today and move on I guess. Everyone plays to win.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Varsoon »

Mmmhm.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 411, northsidegal wrote:the winner of a minigame this time will always keep it for themselves

kokichi is the only one who, if he wins, will be able to also unlock someone else's minigame role PM.

with that in mind, if he's the one to win i would prefer that the one he unlocked was decided collectively rather than by himself. do you think it would be unreasonable to suspect someone who picked someone else after explicitly offering to let town decide his pick?
And here is my goldfish brain on full display, did Kokichi explicitly say he would let town vote on his pick, or did he say he'd pick a townread, or what?

Either way that's the winner of the minigame deciding for themselves what's what so no complaints.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 369, Not Known 15 wrote:or they have some strange role(e.g. Traitor) or alignment that makes them play drastically different.
Ahhh Not Known 15 don't do this. Think to yourself, "is my conclusion a massive leap in logic backed up by very little hard evidence?" If yes, posting = no.
I mostly just lurk now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 177, Kokichi Oma wrote:So if I win the mini game. Whose 2nd role PM does everyone want me to unlock
In post 246, Kokichi Oma wrote:So are we all in agreement I should win so I can unlock someone who we TR role?
In post 263, Kokichi Oma wrote:Which is why im.asking for a vote on who is towniest.

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”