Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 568, Varsoon wrote:Nauci's posts actually ping me really hard as scum and I don't have much reason besides 'gut'.
I'm sure a better player can make a better case there if Nauci is actually scum, though.
I have a Relly-Nauci scum theory, but I best save that... :giggle:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 569, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, what's your read on Xtom?
He's a player that I played with a long time ago and had a blast with, but his play here has been very barebones and minimal.
I'm not a huge fan of what's there but I don't think him sheeping my reasons for voting you is particularly duplicitous--he probably was just buying into a lot of what I was laying down.
I wish he'd come back in and play more.
In post 570, Nauci wrote:Varsoon, why do you treat the game as if fighting the town read on shoshin or sarcastic shitposting about townreading shoshin are your only options?

Both are unproductive, and there are countless other ways to engage. Ignoring shoshin and her reads, what do you think of other players?

What are your thoughts on AlmostNancy? Specifically, on the Almost50 half, actually.
It's not sarcastic shitposting, it's facts. Get with it.
I'm forgoing a lot of my own agency for what I believe is a plan of action much more likely to result in a win for town.
Yeah, it sucks, and I'm a bit bitter about it and I'm working through that, bear with me, but it really is a pill I need to swallow so that we can come out ahead.

Other players? Just read my posts. I'm probably wrong anyway, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in my judgments.
I think it's kinda fucked that someone dropped a whole great post about why Irrel could just be obvious conning us and people were all "Oh no this is just irrel lol don't get paranoid"
But that's my paranoia speaking. I was literally wrong on my paranoia on irrel in the newbie game we shared, so I'm probably wrong here.
Best to just trust Shoshin.

I have no idea why AlmostNancy has such a townread. Neither head has done anything that's impressed me or challenged the gamestate, imo.
They're playing really safe despite all the content they've generated, which is actually fairly par for the course for both heads, especially Nancy.
I couldn't tell you about A50 specifically, though, as I haven't really had the time or passion to differentiate the two.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Performer wagon has played out.

VOTE: Xtom
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 422, Nauci wrote:my "read" on teacher is wholly independent of his posts and rests on the idea that 3 scum wouldn't vote shoshin together and I don't scum read teacher as much as the others.
I am null on teacher, but just wanted to point out I have personally instructed my team to vote together and in succession on one target in early game to fool this VCA tactic in particular. I also would like to point out it was also used in the Team Mafia 2018 by at least one scum team for the same purpose.

~Obviously Not Nancy :P
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Saudade »

24 pages
aight boys you made it
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Saudade »

imagine how much pages this sh!t will get to when I start playing
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Saudade »

think ill sheep the worst based off 3 posts I've read and assume hes town for the rest of the day
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 413, Nauci wrote:
In post 390, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 380, Xtoxm wrote:Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be
lying
Interesting you’d say “lying” as opposed to just wrong.

So, lemme get this straight. According to you, everyone who has claimed to have a strong read - either town or scum - is more likely to be straight-up lying than wrong.

Wow, this must be like the most scum sided game in the history of Mafia then.
Nice catch
:)

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 414, Shoshin wrote:A thought: Nancy once called me "shamelessly bad," "atrocious," and "a blight on the ecosystem" in the middle of a game, and maybe other things I forgot about? It was quite harsh. But now we're friends? So I hope that all the players who dislike me will one day come to enjoy my playstyle.
One day, I want someone to send me a Hallmark card like this. :wink:

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 417, Nauci wrote:
In post 409, Varsoon wrote:
In post 405, Nauci wrote:
In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
I'm glad you decided to respond to pressure with great contributions and sortable content that makes it easy to town read you
Hey maybe don't be a prat like this.
Hey maybe I don't respond to condescension with acquiescence
I kind of like your style. You even share my good taste. One of my hydras has that as its avatar. It would have been hillarious if I was playing with that hydra in this game.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 423, Creature wrote:I need something to feel better
How about a readslist? I hear Gwyneth Paltrow swears by them.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 428, Mitillos wrote:@Nauci: I've definitely seen scum vote together, if they thought they could pull it off on charisma alone. Also, I think post 0 mentioned the possibility of third parties, so that's another dimension altogether.
I think I see what you mean about performer being self-conscious. I'll reread because you may have a point there. As for xtoxm, you could make the same accusation on N_M, and to a lesser degree teacher. In fact, I will remind you that teacher's post (177, so 8 pages in) just had a soft defense on Performer and an unexplained vote on Shoshin. xtoxm at least gave some content (e.g. telling Varsoon he is not townreading skitter). At this time, I'd be more suspicious of teacher than xtoxm.
Why is teacher more suspicious than xtoxm?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Xtoxm

Following Shoshin the Immaculate, the White Tiger King.
Also
Xtoxm, please get in game.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 544, Shoshin wrote:
In post 537, AlmostNancy wrote:Come on, Shoshin. You played both me and my naughty twin brother (AP).
Can you remind me when we played together?
First game: The one you were an Even Night Cop and got Vigged N1 and Flavor Leaf faked Masons with Scum Creature. I was the Town RB.

Second game: I was using my alt (AP) and I fake claimed Vengeful. (And now I'm second guessing myself if you really were in that game. It was modded by Skygazer)

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

NVM. I confused you with Shashaddin

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 588, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 544, Shoshin wrote:
In post 537, AlmostNancy wrote:Come on, Shoshin. You played both me and my naughty twin brother (AP).
Can you remind me when we played together?
First game: The one you were an Even Night Cop and got Vigged N1 and Flavor Leaf faked Masons with Scum Creature. I was the Town RB.

Second game: I was using my alt (AP) and I fake claimed Vengeful. (And now I'm second guessing myself if you really were in that game. It was modded by Skygazer)
If you're talking about the game I modded for that first one, you're confusing Sashaddin with Shoshin. Hilarious cluster of a game though.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 577, Shoshin wrote:Performer wagon has played out
Why do you think this?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 576, Varsoon wrote:
In post 569, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, what's your read on Xtom?
He's a player that I played with a long time ago and had a blast with, but his play here has been very barebones and minimal.
I'm not a huge fan of what's there but I don't think him sheeping my reasons for voting you is particularly duplicitous--he probably was just buying into a lot of what I was laying down.
I wish he'd come back in and play more.
In post 570, Nauci wrote:Varsoon, why do you treat the game as if fighting the town read on shoshin or sarcastic shitposting about townreading shoshin are your only options?

Both are unproductive, and there are countless other ways to engage. Ignoring shoshin and her reads, what do you think of other players?

What are your thoughts on AlmostNancy? Specifically, on the Almost50 half, actually.
It's not sarcastic shitposting, it's facts. Get with it.
I'm forgoing a lot of my own agency for what I believe is a plan of action much more likely to result in a win for town.
Yeah, it sucks, and I'm a bit bitter about it and I'm working through that, bear with me, but it really is a pill I need to swallow so that we can come out ahead.

Other players? Just read my posts. I'm probably wrong anyway, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in my judgments.
I think it's kinda fucked that someone dropped a whole great post about why Irrel could just be obvious conning us and people were all "Oh no this is just irrel lol don't get paranoid"
But that's my paranoia speaking. I was literally wrong on my paranoia on irrel in the newbie game we shared, so I'm probably wrong here.
Best to just trust Shoshin.

I have no idea why AlmostNancy has such a townread. Neither head has done anything that's impressed me or challenged the gamestate, imo.
They're playing really safe despite all the content they've generated, which is actually fairly par for the course for both heads, especially Nancy.
I couldn't tell you about A50 specifically, though, as I haven't really had the time or passion to differentiate the two.
Varsoon, in BoR, you pushed me for doing the exact opposite of that. I know you were scum in that game but tbf, I was putting a lot of energy into figuring out the setup. I don’t need to do that here. And it’s nice to be mindmelding on reads. Not everyone enjoys arguing, I know I don’t. So, I realy don’t understand why you think we’re playing it “safe” here? How is what I’m doing here, all that different, than what I do in every other game I’ve been in?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

That's what I'm saying.
It's par for the course.
I just have a hard playstyle difference from you
Guess I can't read you accuratey
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Nauci »

@Varsoon

My experience with Shoshin is that she is always rather aggressive and asks very, very good questions of people which really press them to explain their line of thinking in a sortable way. She's like a math teacher constantly demanding every student show their work so even if they're wrong we can see how they got there or if they're right we know they weren't cheating off of someone else's post. I frequently disagree with her conclusions but her method has proven very valuable but also frequently lynchbaity because there's a stubbornness and frequent empty voting employed. You don't have to follow her conclusions but you should investigate her meta to see that this is in line with her town game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Eugh
I hated showing my work.

But yeah I agree, Shoshin's methods are A+, way better than mine, which is why I'm following Shoshin here.

Real talk, though, don't fucking tell me to check Shoshin's meta when it only has a single scumgame in the whole damn thing.
I can't wait for the game when scum-Shoshin snows you all for eating out of her hands like a bunch of orphans who can't earn a damn thing yourselves.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 593, Varsoon wrote:That's what I'm saying.
It's par for the course.
I just have a hard playstyle difference from you
Guess I can't read you accuratey
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Once I get really good reads, usually later in the game, my play changes. Labrynth was kind of a fluke because there was such obvious blatantly scummy players like TPFKAP, for example. Anyway, Xman is my strongest scumread atm. I just need to figure out how to spell it first.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm really, really grateful that I don't have to be in a game with Porkens.
Now that's a policy lynch I could get behind.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 595, Varsoon wrote:Eugh
I hated showing my work.

But yeah I agree, Shoshin's methods are A+, way better than mine, which is why I'm following Shoshin here.

Real talk, though, don't fucking tell me to check Shoshin's meta when it only has a single scumgame in the whole damn thing.
I can't wait for the game when scum-Shoshin snows you all for eating out of her hands like a bunch of orphans who can't earn a damn thing yourselves.
You really think we’re all just blind sheeping her on reads here? I find that kind of insulting. I’m sheeping her ONLY because my reads happen to be mindmelding with hers. Make no mistake here, No way in hell, do I ever sheep
anyone
who’s reads run contrary to my own. Give me a little more credit than that.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I'm mindmelding, too.
Groovy.