BooneyToonz Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Ego and might as well point out silly mistakes in the archive while I'm here :P
Broken tag in II
I hate to nitpick but the apostrophe in Five Weeks is hurting my soul
In VIII you didn't put me and instead just wrote Tchill twice. I mean I get that he's great and all, but come on...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:06 am

Boon Bank suggestions:

Archaeologist:
Each night, you will passively target each player who dies that night. You will get a complete list of all actions they took that night and all previous nights, and who was targeted by that action. (This is very strong but can be nerfed several way: limited-shot active ability, allowing them to see only actions taken in the same night, forcing them to target a player who died in a previous night instead of auto-targeting.)

Neighborizing Servant:
Each day, you may target a player. You will gain a neighborhood with that player for the next night only in which your role (but not alignment) will be revealed. Your target can choose what action, if any, you take that night. (Optional and recommended if the servant has a vig shot: if you die your target that night is publicly revealed)

Disabler:
Any action targeting you at night cannot be used the next night-- players are informed of this as soon as it occurs (but the Disabler is never informed). Can affect the factional kill. (Optional: make this a targeted active ability instead)

If any of these with any of the variants strike your fancy, go ahead and add them. These are my own homebrew roles that I'm the most proud of. (I've run them all and they were great.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:52 am

Also I would recommend making PGO contraboon'd. I feel like PGO is something that is almost never a good idea.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 am

Also I'm starting work on BooneyToonz XII, aka the first BooneyToonz setup that Boon himself will be able to play in! \o/

Because of that, I'm going to need a reviewer that isn't Boon :P I posted a request in the review thread; if anyone's interested, help would be much appreciated!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:50 am

Also, based on , you should really just add Cleric to the RoleBook because it can technically be built from already allowed roles and modifiers, but it makes a lot more sense and is easier to understand if it has a unique name.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:10 pm

I think just BT would be better, when people have been referring to BooneyToonz games they've usually been saying stuff like BTX or BTE. (At least I have anyway.) That said I don't think the size of the Roman numerals is a big concern and I like the requirement that titles be pithy (3-5 words tops). I will say I already have a title for mine that I like and I'm not worried about length at all :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Thu May 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Careful, because now you've said you'll blacklist PGO and whitelist Reflexive, and that's a bit of a contradiction. I would whitelist Reflexive on the condition that it can't be a killing ability.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 pm

BooneyToonz XII: Corporate Boontrigue is now in signups! Come join, or maybe just laugh at my dumb flavor!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Fri May 17, 2019 1:26 am

In post 85, Flavor Leaf wrote:Awesome. Love it.

Suicide Bomber going into the Boon Bank because nobody who reviews my games let’s me have it anyways. :lol: :lol: I’ve been trying for years, guys.
Now that the game's over I can say this.

YOU TRIED TO PUT IN A LOVER SUICIDE BOMBER YOU DINGUS. Who in their right mind would allow that? :lol:

Return to “Mafia Discussion”