Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1094, Irrelephant11 wrote:Pedit: “I was thinking about how scum would interact with the shoshin/Varsoon thing and I think scum would just *not interact with it*” which just so happens to be true about his slot
Wouldn't that be towny for him to say, since scum tend not to use reasoning that implicates themselves?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

At this time only scum is in a position to comment on the quality of my reads.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean it's not like his own behavior that he has to defend, he replaced the guy that did it
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1092, Irrelephant11 wrote:@Nancy neither of us completely retracted our townreads. I have seen Skitter successfully read A50 with crazy accuracy off like two posts (we won’t the Coalition setup this way once) and so when she townread A50 that was enough for me; I didn’t need anything else. When she retracted the strength of the read, I moved you from town block to townlean (which is where my read on you is without depending on skitter’s meta relationship with A50).
Oh okay. I asked because I’m a bit suspicious of their continued waffling but I think A50 reads that as townie for them?
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1101, Xtoxm wrote:At this time only scum is in a position to comment on the quality of my reads.
i don'tt hink there's more than one scum in your bottom three reads
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:29 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1017, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1013, the worst wrote:That's a pretty fair summary tbh, the real time interactions + proactive approach to Shoshin is what kinda feels the towniest outta Varsoon for me as well

I think I wanna talk to you about more stuff when I'm more sober tbh but like, I'm glad you caught up and I get the feeling you actually did read the entire thread which is a good vibe
At first I was like “yeah fair summary for sure”
And then I reread and realized meetaph’s post says nothing
Now how do you feel about it
At first I was like "yeah fair summary for sure"
and then I reread and realised Mewtaph's post says a little but it's mostly obvious
then I softed that I would reengage him later in a way that should make most scum pretty uncomfortable but shouldn't really be remarkable for town
Wbu?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

How am I meant to not scum read shoshin here. Going into this game all I see I about her are people worshipping her town game, and herself boasting about the perfection of her town game.

And then she death tunnels me.

So given the knowledge of my own alignment.

Do I respect her reputation, therefore indicating she's tunnelling me for a mislynch.

Or disregard her reputation and call her a townbeard.

Please explain how I not scum read shosin here.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:30 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1096, Irrelephant11 wrote:In other news Skitter/Nauci and Skitter/AlmostNancy are never scumteams
Or you/Nauci, Varsoon/Shoshin either but Shoshin is always town here and maybe Varsoon as well. I’m currently tr Nauci and Shoshin meta reads you as town, so I’ll go with that for now.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

she death-tunnels people, sure

that's a playstyle thing, and not an alignment thing tho; i can point to multiple examples of her doing it as town (and being wrong in some of them too)

she did it to me ijn the last game i played with her. if you're town (or even if your'e scum) i can understand why it can be *incredibly* frustrating

she can be wrong. she can be frustrating to deal with.

but none of that makes her scum

it means she's deathtunneling you (correctly or incorrectly tbd)
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:33 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1101, Xtoxm wrote:At this time only scum is in a position to comment on the quality of my reads.
No, anyone with a functioning brain is “in a position” to comment about that. If what you say, we’re actually true. there’d be no point to playing Mafia.

Not liking this post.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:35 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1025, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1022, Shoshin wrote:I'd much prefer a lynch on Xtom.
I really was hoping to play more of the game with him, though.
I know it's a really selfish and personal thing to ask, but can we let him be until at least D2?
If, by then, his play doesn't convince you that he's town, then I'll follow you there on a lynch, but I think it'd be kinda a bummer for the guy's return to site just to be lynched D1.
I'm also not really sold on him being scum.
And even if he's scum, he's gotta have buddies--why don't we find them?
His lynch also seems way too easy.
I kinda like this stance and wanna follow suite. Sorry, I think this is the third slot I've said I don't think I can be comfortable on day one.
--
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:36 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1104, skitter30 wrote:
i don'tt hink there's more than one scum in your bottom three reads
I’m not convinced there’s any. Irrelephant11 is the only possibility out of the 3 and I see no reason to sr him at present.

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1106, Xtoxm wrote:How am I meant to not scum read shoshin here. Going into this game all I see I about her are people worshipping her town game, and herself boasting about the perfection of her town game.

Do I respect her reputation, therefore indicating she's tunnelling me for a mislynch.

By trusting those who know what her town game looks like. Varsoon is being extremely sarcastic when he repeats that Shoshin has never participated in a mislynch; of course she has. If youre town, her tunneling you doesn’t mean she’s scum, and the wide variety of meta townreads on her should have some sway for you. BoP her on d3 if she hasn’t lynched scum, not in the first half of D1.

@tw one day this elephant will evolve into a smart and mighty duck. Hats off to you
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1100, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1094, Irrelephant11 wrote:Pedit: “I was thinking about how scum would interact with the shoshin/Varsoon thing and I think scum would just *not interact with it*” which just so happens to be true about his slot
Wouldn't that be towny for him to say, since scum tend not to use reasoning that implicates themselves?
Maybe
I’ve used reasoning that implicated myself before as scum, though. If it looks towny and I don’t expect people to look into it too much, I’ll post it to look like I have depth - which was my first impression of mewtaph’s post.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1069, Varsoon wrote:Does anyone know what Irrel's history of fake-claiming is?
When Irrelephant and I rolled scum together his first game here in a newbie, he definitely considered fake claiming

But we knew the setup and claim space and he agonized over whether or not he should do it for a long time and mapped out all the possibilities and consequences and never ended up doing it

Also, whenever we've been in a game together since, my paranoia about him resulted in me checking him as tpr or someone else checking him since

That's the context I have for believing his claim
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1106, Xtoxm wrote:Going into this game all I see I about her are people worshipping her town game, and herself boasting about the perfection of her town game.

Where do you see people "worshipping" or me "boasting"? Quote specific posts for evidence of both.

Where do you see any sort of "death tunnel"?

If someone's good as town, do you automatically assume they're scum anytime they're wrong about a player?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1071, AlmostNancy wrote:Right, I forgot about safeclaims.
Oh shit

I read the rules thinking scum got fake flavors provided, not full roles AND flavors

Shiiiiiiiit
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:43 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1106, Xtoxm wrote:How am I meant to not scum read shoshin here. Going into this game all I see I about her are people worshipping her town game, and herself boasting about the perfection of her town game.

Is the only reason you’re scumreading her is that? What about her other reads? It seems a bit convenient to scumlock the player who’s scumreading you.

Why not assume she could be wrong town?

You come into the game, bursting with negativity and saying about how you’re so “disgusted” with everyone and you think it’s somehow scummy for her to not obvtown read you for that?

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1109, AlmostNancy wrote:
No, anyone with a functioning brain is “in a position” to comment about that. If what you say, we’re actually true. there’d be no point to playing Mafia.

Not liking this post.
UNVOTE:

VOTE: Xtoxm

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 46, Shoshin wrote: My record speaks for itself and it's not just Labyrinth. In my initial newbie game, I called scumteam on D1 and was named MVP. In American Presidents, I called scumteam on D2 after which I was nightkilled. Town went on to win. I played a key role in winning Supp Mafia, pushing lynches on scum from D2 to the last day phase, when we won. I lynched scum in the recent Epic game, after which scum used their sole kill in the whole game on me. I've won all my town games on this site except the one that you were in, where again I told you not to mislynch Irrelephant (you did), told town not to mislynch Reck (they did), and then got screwed by Nos trolling.

You really need to get over yourself.
This is the definition of boasting
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:49 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1119, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 46, Shoshin wrote: My record speaks for itself and it's not just Labyrinth. In my initial newbie game, I called scumteam on D1 and was named MVP. In American Presidents, I called scumteam on D2 after which I was nightkilled. Town went on to win. I played a key role in winning Supp Mafia, pushing lynches on scum from D2 to the last day phase, when we won. I lynched scum in the recent Epic game, after which scum used their sole kill in the whole game on me. I've won all my town games on this site except the one that you were in, where again I told you not to mislynch Irrelephant (you did), told town not to mislynch Reck (they did), and then got screwed by Nos trolling.

You really need to get over yourself.
This is the definition of boasting
So, you believe Shoshin’s claims are somehow unfounded and you view her as arrogant. That makes her scum, how again?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1072, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, you know from experience that I can read Irrel so trust me on that, please.
Alright, then, I trust you on this.

I've had the same sort of reaction to Shoshin.
Like even in this game, too!
I think I wrote something like
"You're either scum or your judgment is flawed.
Which is it this time?"
I think that's a pretty natural reaction to have.
The way Shoshin plays does infuriate me
And I do disagree a lot with their approach
But it doesn't mean they're scum
And it's best for town cohesion to work with it instead of just walling up against it.
That's basically the conclusion I've come to, at least.
Also, like I said, Shoshin's alignment sorts itself out well before lylo, no problem.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And varsoon has steeped your every vote this game and says you never mislynch. And others have steeped you too
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Sheeped*
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:52 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1069, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1063, Xtoxm wrote: Town claiming pgo instantly loses all it's utility, scum will never target it. Scum claiming pgo gives itself a free pass from all night threats. If I was scum and got dealt a pgo safeclaim id be looking to claim it asap.
Town claims it if they're a doctor or cop or some sort of strong role that doesn't want to get night killed but can't guarantee its own protection.
Here's the thing though,
Does anyone know what Irrel's history of fake-claiming is?
Unless he's tryna heavily break meta, this is a town!Rel claim tbh
--

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”