Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

NSG's townread on Varsoon also feels wrong and the Firebringer scum Varsoon spewed town read feels really lazy, as do like the rest of her reads. She townread the usual suspects (TM) faster than I think she would have as town and her complete avoidance of the Varsoon situation except to attack Firebringer for trying to break it up gives me bad feels (tm) especially when she's willing to locktown Varsoon cuz spewed town by fire but I am equally spewed town by the same set of interactions and just nah nullreads from nsg
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

u don't think nsg scumread of me was townie?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:52 pm

No, I don't.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't think i agree with that.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 631, RadiantCowbells wrote:I hard scumread varsoon's opening wall and I haven't tried to read anything else from him. At some point I've been meaning to do that since if the wall was in fact forced that might explain why it felt ultra forced. I dunno. We'll see.
Ok so I was also initially having bad feelings about that wall (for reasons other than the obvious ugh-factor), but the problem is, unless I've hugely misread things, Varsoon has since hinted at having to make that wall for whatever reasons. Like he had no choice but to write it or something? So I dunno, the way I see it, it's not really scum indicative.
In post 676, Kokichi Oma wrote:I sure HOPE it's a LUCK minigame.
:lol:

Ok but Kokichi, are you gonna engage with the game other than talking about the minigames? Tbh I’m starting to think Kokichi is probably town purely based on his refusal to talk about anything other than the mini games. I feel like if he were scum, he wouldn’t be this overly blatant about it. Probably. Idk I do not have a good track record of reading Kokichi so if you could go ahead and post something non minigame related that would be great.

And Nico, are you gonna engage with the game at all?
In post 720, mutantdevle wrote:Actually, I think a NSG-FB scum team would make sense but I don't scum read NSG so that's not anything to apply to FB. So basically I'd rather RC be lynched before FB unless NSG flips scum. But I have no interest in any of that right now and my point is that I don't think we should be voting for FB.
So you don't think NSG or FB are likely to be scum, but you think they may be a scum team together? Can you elaborate on why you think they're connected in such a way?

I also don't think that NSG is scum btw, I get a similar feeling from her posts as I do from Nibbui's, it's a nice towny feeling (although to a much lesser extent) :3
In post 723, Nibbui wrote:I don't really feel scum!FB strongly at all but if there is no better options for today...
Do you have anyone you would rather lynch over Fire though? I am also not against lynching Fire, although my read of him is
far
from any sort of solid scum read, I feel that the chances of him flipping scum are at least 50%, and also, a flip from him I reckon might help me to sort a few people.
Boop.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Where the fuck is the mod
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

mfw you afk for event but mod isn't here for said event
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 737, jjh927 wrote:The next minigame will begin in 0 days, 8 hours, 8 minutes.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

FYI RC I feel like your theory actually holds some water, but I’d the gladiator is real we obviously can’t deal with that today.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by MariaR »

jokes on you I can't read
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

gladiate isn't real. mod already posted after it happened.
shocker not real.
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 774, RadiantCowbells wrote:...his push on me is really, really weak. Partially because he's shit at pushing cases as scum? Sure.
What informs this?
Can you present some places in my meta where my scum pushes are overwhelmingly bad, on a game-by-game level?
I'm just curious how much of this is informed meta or you projecting.

Anyway, more votes on RC, please.
Dude doesn't do this play as town.

In D&D U-Pick, RC was town and was openly, self-admittedly toxic to other players as a means of driving engagement. It's wild that when I incorporate the same sort of strategy--being aggressive to provoke a response from RC--RC scumreads it here. It's inconsistent with what RC understands to be town behavior.

In the recent TAZ mafia, RC was town and was forced-replaced and later lynched out. RC's play there is ambling and awkward for their first dozen or so posts, but they at least are engaged, flitting between votes and vocally engaged with the public mechanic. Compare that to here, where RC has been largely absent, has been posting very pointedly, and has privately been super engaged with the mechanics but has publicly has speculated/shared very little.

In Chargin Up Mafia, RC was town and tunnels NSG and props this 100% NSG read rate, but that's not mentioned in this game at all. Instead, RC here is throwing up paranoia flags which is something I've never seen RC do as town.

Compare the only point I could find in RC's recent scum meta:

In micro 816-I RC was scum and made it to the end-game through literally ghosting when pressure wasn't there, being VERY direct with engagement, verbose rather than ambling abrasive one-liners. Several of you were in that game. Do you see similarities between RC's play between these two games?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 779, ChibiBear wrote:Varsoon has since hinted at having to make that wall for whatever reasons. Like he had no choice but to write it or something?
In case you missed it, I hardclaimed that my first catchup post had to be a quote-every-post-wall and if anyone ever quoted that wall, I'd have to make another catch up post and include all previous walls AS WELL AS a quote of the person who quoted the wall, and none if it can be behind spoiler= tags.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 775, RadiantCowbells wrote:NSG's townread on Varsoon also feels wrong and the Firebringer scum Varsoon spewed town read feels really lazy,
"spewed town"?
as do like the rest of her reads. She townread the usual suspects (TM) faster than I think she would have as town
who are "the usual suspects"? why would i take longer to townread them as town? do you mean mutant and nibbui?

when it comes to nibbui, i feel like this is literally the exact same situation we're having as micro 801, if you remember that game. if not, if you go back to look at it you should see the massive amount of similarities that i'm referring to.

and her complete avoidance of the Varsoon situation except to attack Firebringer for trying to break it up gives me bad feels (tm) especially when she's willing to locktown Varsoon cuz spewed town by fire but I am equally spewed town by the same set of interactions and just nah nullreads from nsg
1. How would you say that i've specifically "avoided" varsoon?
2. Saying that i "attacked" firebringer for trying to bring it up seems pretty ridiculous to me. for one, the conversation that i was referring to when i was talking about my scumread on fire happened more than a day ago at the time i was describing it – whatever your theory, my intent couldn't have possibly been to dissuade him somehow from talking to firebringer. i also don't really think i'm the type of person who as scum would come up with scumreading someone (firebringer) for scumreading my buddy just to get them to stop doing it, as it seems like you believe

3. I'm not willing to "locktown" varsoon and especially not because he's "spewed town by fire".
Nowhere
do I ever recall saying either of those things.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

nsg get in my pocket plox
Show

Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 779, ChibiBear wrote:
In post 723, Nibbui wrote:I don't really feel scum!FB strongly at all but if there is no better options for today...
Do you have anyone you would rather lynch over Fire though? I am also not against lynching Fire, although my read of him is
far
from any sort of solid scum read, I feel that the chances of him flipping scum are at least 50%, and also, a flip from him I reckon might help me to sort a few people.
maybe Nico if she's going for the lurk route?

Idk, it's been plenty of time but unless I missed something she didn't even gave us one read and if she keeps this up she would probably need to die before LyLo? (and if she is town she's not going to get NK without a very good reason that is unlikely to exist).

I'm quite confused about my reads on some players and have become considerably disinterested in Mafia.

Honestly? Chibi I wouldn't town read you normally, and it's very questionable my read on you, but for now I'll put you on my town list because it is actually quite empty...

It's been hard to take a stance on the Varsoon vs RC thing and what the slots it seems to affect a bit like NSG and Fire.

Mutant and Elbirn although have some town posts, have some posts that shake the read consistency.

Gamma, Kokichi and Maria haven't said enough for me to get a good read on them.

Yeah, all I've got is a superficial town read on you and a very not-confident town lean on NSG.

VOTE: Nico

Yeah, I want Nico for now I guess.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 pm

We're resolving me and Varsoon today
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 791, RadiantCowbells wrote:We're resolving me and Varsoon today
I would rather not honestly.

I like Nico personally, but I think she's the best lynch here. There's no logic reason to let the slot alive when there's potential for the slot to be scum, and if it's town they can't be correctly read or produce content to the game. Plus, scum can use her as a way to evade their lynch in late game.

I'm voting Nico unless you guys give me good reasons to do otherwise.

Varsoon said that he never picked a fight as scum for example, what do you have to say about that?

Also, I kinda like one of your recent posts but not gonna tell which yet, although I think you're more than smart enough to maybe do that to get town read if you're scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm busy watching my friend have a bad time with the weight of their sins crawling down their back.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Eh, I'll follow you onto Nico.
If RC's town, they've gotta pull their head out of this morass eventually anyway.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Nico Robin
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nico, where have you gone?
Why aren't you posting?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:56 pm

It's too late for that, Varsoon boy.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:57 pm

It's not coincidence that the moment I stopped floundering and started mustering my energy to fuck Varsoon up he put his vote on a lazy counterwagon.

But more on that later, I have better stuff to do rn
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 798, RadiantCowbells wrote: a lazy counterwagon.
It's not as lazy as you may think it is.

That is all I'm going to say for now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”