NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:06 am

Post by NotNova »

Been excited for this one for a while!

Hi to all the players I've played with before, my past games with you have been thoroughly enjoyable and I expect no less out of this experience :)

Now let's get to ghoul-hunting.

VOTE: Auro

Wanna sort this slot early, I know from experience I have difficulty gauging Auro's alignment properly.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am

Post by NotNova »

DVa (L-3)
: Egix96, Lamees, rb, NotNova
Leodanny (L-4)
: Persivul, Thor665, Auro
Auro (L-5)
: Dunnstral, Leodanny
YyottaCat (L-6)
: DVa
YyottaCat, InfernoDragon18, Something_Smart
VOTE: DVa

@Mod, V/LA until Thursday.
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:26 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 24, Auro wrote:
In post 9, NotNova wrote:Wanna sort this slot early, I know from experience I have difficulty gauging Auro's alignment properly.
Are you referring to the recent Dethy game?
Who else on this playerlist do you have completed games with?
How will an early wagon on me help you sort me?
Lamees, DVa, Yyotta, Thor, Malakittens, Egix and you, which is, what, half the playerlist?

As it happens I stalked a lot of your games — and I didn't do so well at guessing.

I wanna be cheeky and say "same way it does everyone else", but I'll be specific and say I want to see your reactions to a wagon building up on you.

I think Auro is townleaning with all the questioning ATM, don't like the non-serious content by DVa (ex. her last post). Agree it feels LAMIST, wanna see a push there.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by NotNova »

Sorry guys, V/LA went for longer than I expected, been a really busy week for me. I'll catch up in a minute — ask if you want me to weigh in on anything specific.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 76, NotNova wrote:
In post 24, Auro wrote:
In post 9, NotNova wrote:Wanna sort this slot early, I know from experience I have difficulty gauging Auro's alignment properly.
Are you referring to the recent Dethy game?
Who else on this playerlist do you have completed games with?
How will an early wagon on me help you sort me?
Lamees, DVa, Yyotta, Thor, Malakittens, Egix and you, which is, what, half the playerlist?

As it happens I stalked a lot of your games — and I didn't do so well at guessing.

I wanna be cheeky and say "same way it does everyone else", but I'll be specific and say I want to see your reactions to a wagon building up on you.

I think Auro is townleaning with all the questioning ATM, don't like the non-serious content by DVa (ex. her last post). Agree it feels LAMIST, wanna see a push there.
I see there was some talk about this post and I acknowledge there's a bit of ambiguity (gotta learn not to make big statements late when my vocabulary goes down the gutter).

Avoiding buzzwords, let's try explaining what was on my mind:
I generally do not like it when someone explicates they're town too much - I don't think it's a very productive thing to do with your time, as it does nothing to progress the game. I saw a bit of that in DVa's posting up until that point. In addition, "chummy" behavior in the RVS stage raises minor flags with me as it plays to player bias of friendly or likeable players seeming towny, while again not really doing anything productive.

Reads on both Auro and DVa were very thin but at that stage of the game I felt it was a good enough reason to shift votes. If someone has issues with this explanation, they can go ahead and tell me - I'll try to reevaluate these (as well as other slots) continuing my catch-up.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 165, DVa wrote:It kinda bugs me that he starts off with the "man I have a hard time sorting Auro" and then changes votes to me and says townlean on Auro with exactly 0 additional interaction. Like Auro asking a few questions does not make his alignment obvious so I kinda feel like NN's development over his whopping 3 posts actually does not look very townie
I have a hard time sorting Auro because I tend to find he plays to the perception of "towny" I have in my head regardless of alignment - playing loud, asking lots of questions, trying to pursue minor issues incessantly, that sort of thing. My call was (and still is) for anyone who thinks they can crack this to help me out in this case. If you disagree that Auro is playing towny, feel free to point out why. Apparently a fairly good tell for him is recognizing a bit of a "stiff" tone, but that's not something I'm very good at judging.

Incidentally I think that's how Thor tends to play as well and it's probably why they got into their little spat the way they did - two players with a bulldog bite not letting go and you get a few pages of content. Something very similar happened in this newbie game, where Thor and Reundo went for it for pages upon pages - and they were both town.

That said though, it comes down to a player (Auro) doing things I find towny (even if I'm not very sure about them) vs a player I think is doing something minorly scummy (DVa). I think that was good enough rationale to switch votes at the point in the game.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 457, DVa wrote:NN why is Mala a better vote than you rn?
...not sure where you're going with this? I don't think I ever mentioned Mala in my posts.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by NotNova »

@Lamees, can you give me a quick rundown of why you thought claiming Angel was a good idea?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 461, DVa wrote:
In post 459, NotNova wrote:...not sure where you're going with this? I don't think I ever mentioned Mala in my posts.
Yeah I know I'm basically asking you to give a read of Mala since if I'm not voting you I'm voting her. Why should I be voting Mala over you, from your POV?
I'm looking at Mala's ISO and I don't find anything very objectionable, the reads are explained with at least decent reasoning. The only problem is that the reads aren't developed but I don't think that's a huge problem. Or are you just pushing null reads?

Frankly I'd rather you keep your vote on me if you're not 100% sure. Do you think my explanations were satisfactory or not?
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 462, NotNova wrote:
In post 461, DVa wrote:
In post 459, NotNova wrote:...not sure where you're going with this? I don't think I ever mentioned Mala in my posts.
Yeah I know I'm basically asking you to give a read of Mala since if I'm not voting you I'm voting her. Why should I be voting Mala over you, from your POV?
I'm looking at Mala's ISO and I don't find anything very objectionable, the reads are explained with at least decent reasoning. The only problem is that the reads aren't developed but I don't think that's a huge problem. Or are you just pushing null reads?

Frankly I'd rather you keep your vote on me if you're not 100% sure. Do you think my explanations were satisfactory or not?
Just to clarify - why is it me vs Mala in the first place? Do you think we're unlikely to be scum together or something? Is it PoE from townreads? Talk to me a bit about that.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by NotNova »

In post 464, DVa wrote:I'm looking for people who I see little reason to townread right now. We have a lot of annoying lynchbaity players right now so I'm more interested in players with noncommittal attitudes tbh

Not entirely sure I follow your reasoning on why you would prefer my vote to be on you if Mala is basically null to you
You couldn't sort me because I wasn't around — so let's make up for lost time until you're satisfied. If your presented nullpool is {me, Mala} that only matters when we run up for a final lynch.

Essentially I'd rather you not keep me null. Do you think there are any players you find scummy/towny enough to have an opinion on, outside of us two?

Return to “Completed Open Games”