Performer(1)
~ (36)
Mewtaph(1)
~ (102)
Kokichi Oma(1)
~ (199)
Creature(1)
~ (107)

Not Voting (4): (54), (55), (6), Kokichi Oma(19)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:15:17)

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
@Creature, when are you planning to unvote yourself? :lol:
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

UNVOTE:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1536, Nauci wrote:
In post 1523, skitter30 wrote:like i guess what's bothering me is that these feel like very general scumtells that don't really feel to me like they apply to these specific situations
Which is precisely why I said I wasn't seeing scum worst at all, just generic scum signs (which is why I still town read him)
ok, it's possible i misread that

when i initially read it it felt like you were saying that you were townreading him, but you still thought he was behaving in a generally scummy fashion, which is why it bothered me

==
In post 1543, AlmostNancy wrote:Agree on Skitter , I don’t see the kind of genuine frustration she has with correctly reading A50, ever comes from scum.
uh like on Friday you were telling me that my indecision/frustration was scummy/not genuine

==
In post 1544, Nauci wrote:But NM has barely post at all and while he's not frequently quiet, an afk NM has equated to a scum NM allowing town to destroy each other in the past
his posts, when he made them, felt kinda good. but he isn't really around and this is never a read i'm confident on; so like slight townlean all around and like i don't want to settle for him day1, but i always want him resolved before lylo

==
In post 1552, Shoshin wrote:He didn't quickhammer when given the opportunity, which is very towny for him unless Xtom's his partner. And he just felt much less awkwardly self-conscious than when he's scum.
i don't think he noticed that there was a quickhammer oppurtunity, and thus, i don't think it's ai for him not to have done so

==
In post 1573, Irrelephant11 wrote:Re:pocketing like mayyybe Nauci goes into this game trying really hard to pocket me? But at the same time I think scum!Nauci wants me dead, and given my claim she’d need me lynched eventually, and defending me accurately when she could just *not* seems unnecessary here
i kinda like this point actually; this is a good way of looking at her
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1577, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1523, skitter30 wrote:like i guess what's bothering me is that these feel like very general scumtells that don't really feel to me like they apply to these specific situations
Which is precisely why I said I wasn't seeing scum worst at all, just generic scum signs (which is why I still town read him)

when i initially read it it felt like you were saying that you were townreading him, but you still thought he was behaving in a generally scummy fashion, which is why it bothered me

==
In post 1543, AlmostNancy wrote:Agree on Skitter , I don’t see the kind of genuine frustration she has with correctly reading A50, ever comes from scum.
uh like on Friday you were telling me that my indecision/frustration was scummy/not genuine

==
In post 1544, Nauci wrote:But NM has barely post at all and while he's not frequently quiet, an afk NM has equated to a scum NM allowing town to destroy each other in the past
his posts, when he made them, felt kinda good. but he isn't really around and this is never a read i'm confident on; so like slight townlean all around and like i don't want to settle for him day1, but i always want him resolved before lylo

==
In post 1552, Shoshin wrote:He didn't quickhammer when given the opportunity, which is very towny for him unless Xtom's his partner. And he just felt much less awkwardly self-conscious than when he's scum.
i don't think he noticed that there was a quickhammer oppurtunity, and thus, i don't think it's ai for him not to have done so

==
In post 1573, Irrelephant11 wrote:Re:pocketing like mayyybe Nauci goes into this game trying really hard to pocket me? But at the same time I think scum!Nauci wants me dead, and given my claim she’d need me lynched eventually, and defending me accurately when she could just *not* seems unnecessary here
Well, A50 hardtown reads you and after discussing it with him some more, I was able to see his point.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1577, skitter30 wrote:

==

==

==

==
Well, A50 hardtown reads you and after discussing it with him some more, I was able to see his point.
Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1573, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 45, Nauci wrote:Sup y'all

Stacked roster ♪┏(°.°)┛┗(°.°)┓┗(°.°)┛┏(°.°)┓ ♪

Since I'm still recovering from pollution induced bronchitis and general burn out, don't expect me to be at my 110% wall posting mode for a bit

I'll aim for like 40% capacity and if town is lucky I'll get all the way up to half assed

But I do intend to come out of this with a 12-1 town record...
Okay so I actually remember not townreading this entrance, and I still don’t love it (“expect less from me”). The ironic thing though is I don’t feel like I’m getting less from a Nauci than usual, and I agree with her recent self-analysis that she’s getting a similar amount of scumhunting done with fewer walls.
In post 179, Nauci wrote:Now that everybody but NM has joined us

VOTE: varsoon

this is the closest I've seen TW ever get to having a natural flow and carefree attitude. I feel like I'm pretty confident at reading scum worst at this point and there's no hint of the nervous YOLOing and showboating I've seen (unfortunately for our poor ducky) too many times. Town lean.

Image we can sniff out scum together buddeh

I'm also fairly confident in my ability to read irrelephant and while it's too early to go into details, I disagree with your assessment in this post. However, thank you for because I need to go read up on that scumrelephant game.

I have very WIFOM thoughts about this post and the use of "same team" instead of "both town." I would think scum faking this banter would take care to say "town" instead of "same team"? But then again, if this was a casual thought typed directly into the box without too much thought for manipulation, it felt quite scummy.

I'm voting Varsoon for now because that entrance left a lot to be desired.
I think the tw & varsoon reads made sense here, the willingness to give reads with reasons here is towny, and the comments about me are usual for town!Nauci. This is the start of buddying-me-by-way-of-complimenting-my-scum-game, though, if Keyser is right about her play, so we’ll track that too
In post 180, Nauci wrote:I've got no read at all on Keyser since I'm recalibrating on him haha
Makes perfect sense for Nauci given WW and is towny for her here (and I no longer think they’re partners)
In post 320, Nauci wrote:
In post 202, Varsoon wrote:Thoughts otherwise:
Nauci keeps using their vote as pressure on players that aren't here rather than sticking to a wagon and dealing with the possible interactions that come from it. I don't like this.
Mitilos and Skitter are parsing out their thoughts plenty and I like that, though I'm still trying to make heads or tails of them.
The Worst truly is The Worst but at the very least their play IS consistent and reminds me of their town play, so I don't feel horrible about their slot.

What's up you cool babies?
Confirming that I'm doing this

But also that I always do this

You know how often day 1 lurkers turn out to be scum while the whole town is busy FOSing each other?
The last question here is totally consistent with town!Nauci, who keeps attention and pressure on lurkers because she thinks it’s important
In post 340, Nauci wrote:Varsoon, why do you treat early, 2-3 votewagons as if they must be accurate reads, or require extensive justification, or are in danger of leading to your lynch?

The fact that you're already talking about how you'd flip from having 2 page <10 votes on you gives me bad vibes, but maybe we just have wildly different early game philosophy. What's yours?
I pulled this post to say I liked the “stop getting stuck in these two options” thing she’s doing
I also think the “what’s yours” is sort of tonally off for the post, like it’s too easy & lighthearted? I would s/s read this if either ever flips scum, but till then, I think it’s just Nauci sort of changing the subject/helping varsoon open up
In post 352, Nauci wrote:
In post 276, Xtoxm wrote:VOTE: shosin

I was already getting scum vibes from calling a bunch of different people town for no reason and campaigning for a policy lynch is just a dick move
This is the least original post in the game

Varsoon are you going to call out this plagiarism

My naughty list is currently xtoxm, performer, and possibly Keyser but that's just for having been relatively quiet for keyser
This is audacious for scum!Nauci
In post 357, Nauci wrote:
In post 287, Keyser Söze wrote:Perhaps TW and Nauci could chip in here too...
I outright withhold judgement on Irrelephant11 for the time being
Town!Nauci always does this so it would be scummy if she didn’t
It might be something she feels the need to do as scum to keep up our meta but it’s NAI if so
In post 360, Nauci wrote:
In post 293, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 292, Varsoon wrote:
In post 291, Irrelephant11 wrote:the caveat on my reads is that I have townleaned friends who do not deserve it before because I like them
When you post stuff like this, Irrel, it feels like you're scum giving yourself wiggle room to later be okay with a lynch on your townreads, 'cus you were just 'friendreading' them and could be wrong.
:/
good thing I wrote other posts huh
:lol: I love this new sassy Irrelephant, regardless of alignment
Re:pocketing this is a nice thing to say, but Nauci compliments my personality and play as town (while also being afraid of my scumgame) so it’s not really enough for pocketing imo
In post 413, Nauci wrote:
In post 390, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 380, Xtoxm wrote:Yeah, because anyone claiming strong reads this early in the game is more likely to just be
lying
Interesting you’d say “lying” as opposed to just wrong.

So, lemme get this straight. According to you, everyone who has claimed to have a strong read - either town or scum - is more likely to be straight-up lying than wrong.

Wow, this must be like the most scum sided game in the history of Mafia then.
Nice catch
I didn’t really think this was a nice catch? But I think I maybe believe Nauci thinks this is a nice catch
Especially given its consistent with a previous scumreading xtoxm
In post 417, Nauci wrote:
In post 409, Varsoon wrote:
In post 405, Nauci wrote:
In post 369, Xtoxm wrote:Lol @ having 2 strong instant scum reads in a large game. Get ove4 yourself.
I'm glad you decided to respond to pressure with great contributions and sortable content that makes it easy to town read you
Hey maybe don't be a prat like this.
Hey maybe I don't respond to condescension with acquiescence
This is Nauci being Nauci, allow me to introduce you to Nauci
NAI but great
In post 424, Nauci wrote:
In post 421, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 382, Irrelephant11 wrote:xtoxm you should post more so that it is harder for nauci to mislynch you
Why are you so sure xtoxm is a mislynch? Is this based on meta?
I read this as Irrelephant's plea to xtoxm speaking from xtoxm's POV presuming that he's town and I'm "lying"

It's a very in character device for townrelephant and I'll have to read his more recent scum game(s) to determine if scumrelephant does it too
Re:pocketing like mayyybe Nauci goes into this game trying really hard to pocket me? But at the same time I think scum!Nauci wants me dead, and given my claim she’d need me lynched eventually, and defending me accurately when she could just *not* seems unnecessary here
In post 431, Nauci wrote:Good point, I must @mit

But yeah, performer's posts all ping me

Like the "fixed" post where he wants to point out that people also wanted to policy him (? I don't know if that happened and no one else noticed or talked about it?). It's just hyper aware of what others have said about him when the rest of the posts make it clear that we weren't putting any weight into those posts. To me, this comes across as the actions of a guilty conscience/perspective at a much stronger degree than anything else I could consider alignment indicative this game, without tons of further research into various players' metas.

Also, while I haven't processed it into detailed explanation yet, I think of townrelephant as more like a bloodhound than an elephant. He checks under every rock and chases every possible lead and is never hesitant to get on wagons to pressure players in the interest of sortable content or chasing up a hunch. He's like the entire Mystery Van crew by himself, and exudes the town confidence of not feeling like he owes explanations of his actions until after his play is done.

P.S. I'm not sorry for the awful pun
This is the only post I’d think is maybe meant to pocket me
In post 438, Nauci wrote:Oh I actually misread the performer "fixed" post (I thought he was saying there was a PL proposed on him instead of that he also denied a PL on varsoon)

It softens my stance a little but now I am more perplexed by the post than ever
Eh, makes sense
In post 556, Nauci wrote:
In post 545, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 513, Nauci wrote:I've seen townrelephant exhibit these behaviors in every game I've seen townrelephant

He's infectiously cheerful to the point of paranoia driving pocketing as a personality
So you're sold he's outside his scum range here?
No. As I always say, his scum range is huge and he's good at it.

I'm just saying that all of those behaviors are within his town range.

Which his scum range largely encompasses.

Irrelephant requires far more observation to sort than that.
Nauci just does this with me D1, doesn’t feel like pocketing, we’re friends and she’s paranoid about my scumgame, etc etc
In post 594, Nauci wrote:@Varsoon

My experience with Shoshin is that she is always rather aggressive and asks very, very good questions of people which really press them to explain their line of thinking in a sortable way. She's like a math teacher constantly demanding every student show their work so even if they're wrong we can see how they got there or if they're right we know they weren't cheating off of someone else's post. I frequently disagree with her conclusions but her method has proven very valuable but also frequently lynchbaity because there's a stubbornness and frequent empty voting employed. You don't have to follow her conclusions but you should investigate her meta to see that this is in line with her town game.
This post was going to get posted by *someone* given multiple players’ experience playing with shoshin but that doesn’t mean Nauci should get townread for being the one to do so
In post 660, Nauci wrote:Ducky you're one of the most fun players on the site

You're excellent at combatting cynicism and fatigue and an expert at defusing tense situations by just being you
Hmm if scum, Nauci is here to pocket every player she thinks she can in some very large pockets
I think it might just be more likely that Nauci is really enjoying herself playing with friends who are good teammates as town
In post 693, Nauci wrote:Hey that's not a theory

Tricksy keyser
I townread the tone of this
In post 704, Nauci wrote:Is NM alive it's been 2 days

I miss that quirky miltank
Towny timing to be paranoid about NM

tl;dr Nauci could be scum but if so she’s doing it really well, playing very boldly with a direct intention to pocket, feeling very comfortable (which would be new for her scumgame), and I just think occam’s razor says Nauci is town having fun and chasing leads
I just want to say I'm not gonna read all this. Please keep your posts shorter. :P

~Shrek the ogre

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

There’s a to;dr at the bottom
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, A50 hardtown reads you and after discussing it with him some more, I was able to see his point.
NANCEEEEE! Why did you give my hand away???!!!!! :evil:

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1582, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1578, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, A50 hardtown reads you and after discussing it with him some more, I was able to see his point.
In post 1582, AlmostNancy wrote:
???

PS. this really isn’t a hydra of A50 and Nancy Drew but of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

Spoiler:
Someone, hold me. :cry:

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Nauci »

It's okay almost Nancy isn't a slot that needs to read a towncase on me

Also Irrelephant that was a good post and not just in a pocketing manner

I think you've got a pretty good read on me!

Yeah I silently die of awkwardness as scum and have to put in major hours to sound as nonchalant as I do as town. Rolling scum absolutely devastates my WIM and I literally cannot interact in real time like this
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1577, skitter30 wrote:his posts, when he made them, felt kinda good. but he isn't really around and this is never a read i'm confident on; so like slight townlean all around and like i don't want to settle for him day1, but i always want him resolved before lylo
When I said I'd half ass this game I meant I'm not going to grab a laptop and open 21 pages of tabs looking to find all the times that I've seen people have these vague town reads on NM's 43 words contributed to a game

But I swear I've seen it happen several times
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

That is a very good post and makes me feel a little bad. I'll do an applied reread but I wonder if I've been focusing on paranoiareading Nauci and kinda unconsciously waiting for HYPER WALLPOST GOD TOWN Nauci to appear and show me the way
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Cracking wallpost from Relly that makes me feel 60% better about Relly and 10% better about Nauci :giggle:
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Xtoxm has been recently active on site but chose not to post here.
VOTE: Xtoxm
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Mewtaph
--
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1588, Mewtaph wrote:Xtoxm has been recently active on site but chose not to post here.
In post 1589, the worst wrote:VOTE: Mewtaph
???

Why the naked vote on Mewtaph?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by the worst »

Eh that vote works from you as either alignment I just think you've triggered my policy lust for holding your vote then voting over the ellitell

I'll think about this when sober
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1590, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1588, Mewtaph wrote:Xtoxm has been recently active on site but chose not to post here.
???

He's comfortably in my PoE I just think I'm slightly triggered by people who don't enjoy playing mafia/aren't good at it using generally sweeping meta bullshit as reasons to think people are scum.

Don't think Mewtaph fits in this category and I have a good impression of his towngame so he's probably just a wolf for it
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by the worst »

Like Xtoxm and Harpoon have both spoken about their issues with the early townreadspam and I think Xtoxm came out of it townier, Mewt opens up by asking Xtoxm to talk about what reads he disagreed with then....... never reassesses his read and votes him over the ellitell? when Xtoxm has contributed more than he has? And he hasn't placed a vote all game?

If this isn't coasting wolf trying to flail at a mislynch IDK what is
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by the worst »

But I'm also wary of the fact I'm fucking easily triggered by people using bullshit holistic meta tells so I might be seeing red
--
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1592, the worst wrote:
In post 1590, AlmostNancy wrote:
???

He's comfortably in my PoE I just think I'm slightly triggered by people who don't enjoy playing mafia/aren't good at it using generally sweeping meta bullshit as reasons to think people are scum.

Don't think Mewtaph fits in this category and I have a good impression of his towngame so he's probably just a wolf for it
I personally disagree with ellitells but I don’t find it scummy however. Scummy to me, is more like what scum!Thor did to town!Gamma in You’ve Got Mail. Thor basically came up with some bullshit AI non-existent meta wrt to Gamma’s posting style. Remember A50 used the ellitell in CoH. It was wrong in that case but it didn’t come from scum.

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I don't really get why you're making this more hectic than it needs to though? He's been posting elsewhere on site but has opted not to post here. Maybe this is the wrong way to "kick" him into doing something considering the tone of his slot, but he hasn't done enough for me not to put my vote there.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1591, the worst wrote:ellitell
A wot
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Additionally, he (Xtoxm) never actually engaged with me about "townreadspam" and my questions and just continued to shade giving out townreads which I think is bullshit because if a player deserves a townread, they deserve a fucking townread. Way to stay flat-line zero content outside of somewhat towny tone while preventing mutual town trust from forming. I'll kick this with a vote any day of the week and advocate for lynch if they continue to do nothing.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Post by the worst »

Tell me why he's scum without referring to out of thread activity.

I'm having issues you've posted broad circular reads which are pretty much what's ITT and haven't been able to reach any interesting takes and your first vote is on Xtoxm for an ellitell?

as far as I can tell your only scumread is on Xtoxm for out of game reasons? you read frozen af and pushing on angleshooting isn't making you look any townier.
--

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”