Newbie 1902 l Amphibians l Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 687, Doughboy wrote:this wasn't my best game by far. That's what happens when I try to adjust my play style to avoid fighting, but I end up fighting anyway.

I basically can't push anyone at all or it ends in a fight :/
yeah i think you may have convinced yourself that thespio was scum and pushed a little too hard there

some thoughts:

-> if most people disagree with you it might be a sign that you're wrong or should reconsider

-> pre-flip associatives aren't that great - it's a little dubious to be scumread someone because they're defending another scumread before the original scumread has even flipped

-> i think you maybe were a little too sensitive to thespio disagreeing with you - you characterized his response as a personal attack/insult when i thought he was playing within the bounds of the game

-> if things are getting heated maybe leaving the thread for a bit and taking a few minutes to calm down might be a good idea
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 698, skitter30 wrote:gg all

tough to yellowsnow, lynched without even posting :(

they replaced into a tough spot unfortunately; at best i think they could have staved the lynch off a day if they had not been tracked but givne the gamestate i think it would have been really tough for them to pull out a win here

(also imo scum should have always killed the doc; i think killing me was probably a function of not havinga chance to have read the game)
also i do hope you try another game and /in to the newbie queue again :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 689, NotNova wrote:Still, it was kinda townspewy because of how all-in you went on it. I'd never see scum pushing a 100% townread player like that — or maybe my mind is just too feeble to comprehend such a tactic
^^^^ how convinced you were that you were right was incredibly townie imo, besides for the doc claim
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 698, skitter30 wrote:gg all

tough to yellowsnow, lynched without even posting :(

they replaced into a tough spot unfortunately; at best i think they could have staved the lynch off a day if they had not been tracked but givne the gamestate i think it would have been really tough for them to pull out a win here

(also imo scum should have always killed the doc; i think killing me was probably a function of not havinga chance to have read the game)
If i were them i would have claimed Tracker, crusty looked like they were about to CC with their last post, stated it was OK, then maybe we would lynch OK, then they would have lost. tough game.

also its done now so you can discuss this game. ;)

@all, ill be modding a mini normal in a little bit, if you all would like to join i would appreciate it! first time on this site and i think you are all swell.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 680, NotNova wrote:I'll comment more if I think of anything. Feel free to give me any feedback! Especially curious about skitter for IC feedback and Thespio for town!NN vs scum!NN. (And yes, I will use the info for nefarious purposes )
tbh most of my perception of this game is colored by the yycotta lynch and the thespio v doughboy scenario

i still think that you pounced a little too eagerly on yycotta (like i agree that she needed to be lynched at some point before lylo) but the way you hopped on felt a little scummy

you being willing to engage with me about it and explain your thought process helped a lot tho with reading your alignment because i could tell you were really thinking about the game and i could understand how you were approaching it - i think that being able to explain what you're thinking and why is a super important tool for a townie and i thought you did a great job there

the other thing that i thought was really townie from you is that you made yourself availible/around at the end of day2 when we were struggling to figure out who to lynch and wer wondering if we even had enough votes to make a lynch happen - if you were scum there, you totally could have lurked for like a day and forced me/doughboy/thespio to choose a suboptimal lynch, especially if doughboy hadn't changed his mind

overnight i was thinking that i wanted to lynch crusy > you > thespio > overkill in that order

you were kinda low on my lynchlist not because i thought you were very scummy, but rather because overkill was effectively conftown and thespio i was just townreading that much harder than you (mostly cuz the way he approached yycotta was insanely obvtown imo)

i think those are my major thoughts, but if you have something in partiuclar you want me to talk about lmk
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

also @doughboy - you did reassess in the end on day2, and that what enabled us to get the scum-lynch - if you hadn't, we wouldn't have been able to lynch jumble :)

i'm sorry to hear that you're going through irl troubles, i hope things become better for you in the near future :)
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 704, skitter30 wrote:
In post 680, NotNova wrote:I'll comment more if I think of anything. Feel free to give me any feedback! Especially curious about skitter for IC feedback and Thespio for town!NN vs scum!NN. (And yes, I will use the info for nefarious purposes )
tbh most of my perception of this game is colored by the yycotta lynch and the thespio v doughboy scenario

i still think that you pounced a little too eagerly on yycotta (like i agree that she needed to be lynched at some point before lylo) but the way you hopped on felt a little scummy

you being willing to engage with me about it and explain your thought process helped a lot tho with reading your alignment because i could tell you were really thinking about the game and i could understand how you were approaching it - i think that being able to explain what you're thinking and why is a super important tool for a townie and i thought you did a great job there

the other thing that i thought was really townie from you is that you made yourself availible/around at the end of day2 when we were struggling to figure out who to lynch and wer wondering if we even had enough votes to make a lynch happen - if you were scum there, you totally could have lurked for like a day and forced me/doughboy/thespio to choose a suboptimal lynch, especially if doughboy hadn't changed his mind

overnight i was thinking that i wanted to lynch crusy > you > thespio > overkill in that order

you were kinda low on my lynchlist not because i thought you were very scummy, but rather because overkill was effectively conftown and thespio i was just townreading that much harder than you (mostly cuz the way he approached yycotta was insanely obvtown imo)

i think those are my major thoughts, but if you have something in partiuclar you want me to talk about lmk
TBH Yyotta was a real wildcard, I really don't feel too bad about that lynch as policy still. I think claiming scum is probably up there in policy justification and playing as they were would really disrupt the flow in your average 9p game.

Thanks for the commentary, I'll keep it in mind going forward :)
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am

Post by NotNova »

Thinking about it I was going for a more aggressive style on D1, that's probably what you were picking up on.

At least we settled it by D2, I think a month ago I would have pushed it to death, so at the very least it's progress!
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Mewtaph »

The interactions around the YyottaCat D1 policy brought out tons of obv town gold imo.

That's probably the most I've got out of the lynch probably ever from someone I thought was town? I think everyone was pretty reasonable on where they were at regarding YyottaCat and why they were the lynch for that day, while starrydash kind of just skipped the whole discussing phase to "oh yeah, hammer time".
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 708, Mewtaph wrote:The interactions around the YyottaCat D1 policy brought out tons of obv town gold imo.

That's probably the most I've got out of the lynch probably ever from someone I thought was town? I think everyone was pretty reasonable on where they were at regarding YyottaCat and why they were the lynch for that day, while starrydash kind of just skipped the whole discussing phase to "oh yeah, hammer time".
And numbers throwing their hat in
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 709, Thespio wrote:And numbers throwing their hat in
yeah that interaction between both of them was just ... very odd
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 700, skitter30 wrote:if most people disagree with you it might be a sign that you're wrong or should reconsider
Usually true but the other game that just finished I was right even though everyone disagreed. Hell a townie faked an inno he disagreed so much lol.

I’ll just stop pushing hard. Drop a vote and move on
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 711, Doughboy wrote:
In post 700, skitter30 wrote:if most people disagree with you it might be a sign that you're wrong or should reconsider
Usually true but the other game that just finished I was right even though everyone disagreed. Hell a townie faked an inno he disagreed so much lol.

Probably a middle way there but I'll let the more experienced players do the talking :)
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:56 am

Post by NotNova »

Yeah honestly part of why I thought Numbers was null instead of scummy was that it was really... mindboggling? Like, correcting your partner out in the open like that? It's almost TOO scummy.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Thespio »

I think you were fine, i got why you thought i was guilty.

I was scummy iyo>i left doctor claim as a role to counter tracker> i then asked if you were doctor (which only maf would 100% know layout other then you)

you just didnt bend the knee very easily.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:04 am

Post by NotNova »

TBH Thespio you did a really good job IMO, I'm seeing a big improvement over our last game, you spewed alignment terrifically in this game.

Self-voting on D2 was the most shining town move I've seen in my life ;)
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:05 am

Post by NotNova »

I'll probably be joining your mini since I'm officially "too old" to be a Newbie now, by the by!
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 715, NotNova wrote:TBH Thespio you did a really good job IMO, I'm seeing a big improvement over our last game, you spewed alignment terrifically in this game.

I played here a few years back, then I ran them off site, then I got a new job, was trying to find a way to pass time and remembered this site, was a good warm up! I think town accepting death is a plain way to show alignment, but since we needed a lynch and doughboy wouldn’t leave me be I was willing to dip.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Mewtaph »

I'm down to talk about tunneling but I can't post in depth from phone so it'll probably be in a couple hours from now.

I'm also down to play in that mini. :wink:
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Thespio »

Hey no hard feelings btw, I was a have done PFD for so long im just used to pushing buttons to try to adjust peoples thinking, getting you mad is really a last resort, and you tunneled so hard i found it was detrimental, as soon as you flipped though (pride being your button imo) we won.
NotNova
NotNova
Goon
NotNova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 am

Post by NotNova »

In post 717, Thespio wrote:
In post 715, NotNova wrote:TBH Thespio you did a really good job IMO, I'm seeing a big improvement over our last game, you spewed alignment terrifically in this game.

I played here a few years back, then I ran them off site, then I got a new job, was trying to find a way to pass time and remembered this site, was a good warm up! I think town accepting death is a plain way to show alignment, but since we needed a lynch and doughboy wouldn’t leave me be I was willing to dip.
As usual it's about context. Self-voting as any alignment is 99% of the time a garbage move — but you recognized odd > even as far as town chances go and offered yourself up for grabs which is no scum's instinct.

Would be a pretty brave gambit from scum though, but I'll bet anything the risk/reward ratio on that skews heavily risk in that situation :D
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 720, NotNova wrote:As usual it's about context. Self-voting as any alignment is 99% of the time a garbage move — but you recognized odd > even as far as town chances go and offered yourself up for grabs which is no scum's instinct.

Would be a pretty brave gambit from scum though, but I'll bet anything the risk/reward ratio on that skews heavily risk in that situation
yeah it played out well, wait... did doughboy not doctor anyone... @doughboy, hey punk :p
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 719, Thespio wrote:

Hey no hard feelings btw, I was a have done PFD for so long im just used to pushing buttons to try to adjust peoples thinking, getting you mad is really a last resort, and you tunneled so hard i found it was detrimental, as soon as you flipped though (pride being your button imo) we won.
yeah no hard feelings. I am glad I was basically forced out of my tunnel
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Doughboy »

there is a game in the normal que that needs a couple more people. anyone bored, sign up lol
Show

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Thespio »

^ yeah, i know skitters in another game, but I think theres a mini that needs 3 more. You get to play with doughboy again, why wouldnt you want to play!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”