AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:50 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In Heroes, Kokichi had no clue what was going on in that game and hadn’t been paying attention but despite that, he still nevertheless managed to get a couple of reads in. So, dunno about Performer, don’t really want to vote Mewtaph. Probably between Xtoxm and Kokichi rn but I’ll vote Performer to avoid a no lynch.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 1.18

Performer(6)
~ (36), (149), (11), (267), (18), (117)

Mewtaph(2)
~ (116), (129)
Xtoxm(1)
~ (49)
Kokichi Oma(1)
~ (157)
Creature(1)
~ (114)

Not Voting (4): (78), (56), Kokichi Oma(34), (338)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:15:28)

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Last edited by Krazy on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:56 am

Post by the worst »

I'm starting to reconsider NM, I'm actually a lot worse at reading him than I thought :facepalm:
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:01 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1700, AlmostNancy wrote:In Heroes, Kokichi had no clue what was going on in that game and hadn’t been paying attention but despite that, he still nevertheless managed to get a couple of reads in. So, dunno about Performer, don’t really want to vote Mewtaph. Probably between Xtoxm and Kokichi rn but I’ll vote Performer to avoid a no lynch.
I’m waiting to hear what A50 says about Performer, as I have never played with them before. Rn, I want to beetlejuice Kokichi into doing something useful. Something, anything to show he could be town here.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:02 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1700, AlmostNancy wrote:In Heroes, Kokichi had no clue what was going on in that game and hadn’t been paying attention but despite that, he still nevertheless managed to get a couple of reads in. So, dunno about Performer, don’t really want to vote Mewtaph. Probably between Xtoxm and Kokichi rn but I’ll vote Performer to avoid a no lynch.
In other words you want me crawl back down my rock and let you steer the slot. Fine. I'll shut up!

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll be real
It's been hard for me to follow along with this game.
People are posting a lot and it's difficult to keep up.
I'm also a bit overgamed as it is but like
I want to contribute.

What's the case on Performer here?
I could put him at L-1 but I REALLY don't like the comp of that wagon. :/
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:13 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1705, Varsoon wrote:I'll be real
It's been hard for me to follow along with this game.
People are posting a lot and it's difficult to keep up.
I'm also a bit overgamed as it is but like
I want to contribute.

What's the case on Performer here?
I could put him at L-1 but I REALLY don't like the comp of that wagon. :/
The lack of resistance to it, is concerning me somewhat.

VOTE: Kokichi

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1701, Krazy wrote:
Votecount 1.18

Performer(6)
~ (36), (149), (11), (267), (18), (117)

Mewtaph(2)
~ (116), (129)
Xtoxm(1)
~ (49)
Kokichi Oma(1)
~ (157)
Creature(1)
~ (114)

Not Voting (4): (78), (56), Kokichi Oma(34), (338)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:15:28)

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Can someone please explain to me wtf Creature is doing sitting on his own vanity wagon?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah I am much more comfortable with a Kokichi lynch today.

Creature made the joke that they play better under pressure and self-voted.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:21 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

A50 is good with any of the choices. \_0_/

including Mewtaph but I’m trusting Shoshin on this. Sorry A50. :P

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1708, Varsoon wrote:Yeah I am much more comfortable with a Kokichi lynch today.

Creature made the joke that they play better under pressure and self-voted.
Oh I definitely don’t want to vote Creature, I just want him to get on one of the viable wagons.

I agree with you. Like I said in Heroes Wanted, he had 2 reads, despite being completely checked out of that game.

He just won a towngame and lost a scumgame, if that helps.

Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Mitillos »

Well, I didn't budget my time properly, so I'm going to have to split this up into multiple posts over a couple of days or so, hence I'm starting a day early. So let me start with the short ISOs.
Also, I'm really glad people are finally getting on board the correct wagon.

Performer
: His entrance wasn't great to a bunch of people, but I saw nothing particularly wrong with it. The defense of Varsoon was a bit weird since one would expect "policy lynches are wrong" instead (especially given the later posts 264 and 962). I already talked about the problem with 277, where it looks like it's just an exercise in looking for an excuse to vote Shoshin more than anything else. Then he fluffed a bit and FoS'd everyone who voted him except me (Shoshin, worst, Nauci, irrel, and eventually Creature), which is kinda meh in itself, even if he said it wasn't OMGUS. In 715 he starts throwing suspicion at Vars linked to Shoshin, but at least that one I can understand if one doesn't read Vars' posts as being sarcastic.
In the same post he says he has to reread Xtoxm, then when Shoshin makes a vague minor threat, he instantly switches his vote from Shoshin to Xtoxm, joining Shoshin, worst, Vars, and irrel (all four being players he has claimed suspicions on), and putting Xtoxm at L-1 without even mentioning this to be the case. Note that he definitely knew that the wagon was large and getting traction, given that he explicitly said in 715 that he needed to reread Xtoxm to see why he was being voted.
The "Rory Swann is an engineer" thing could easily have come from a scumchat as others have mentioned. Bit tinfoily, sure, but still possible.

Read: Scum. Join this wagon, and bring rope.

Saudade/Kokichi
: Saudade provided a big pile of no content. Thankfully, Kokichi came in and basically told us he's scum in posts 1497, 1501, and 1535, so once we've sorted out a couple of his buddies, we can have another look at Kokichi.

Read: Lean scum, but needs more content, so I'm willing to wait until he catches up.

Teacher/Mewtaph
: Teacher's one post pinged me, because it's basically saying "Performer is always scummy, but not this time". The naked vote on Shoshin is also problematic, because if Teacher was reading enough to say that Performer was not scummy, he would also be reading enough to have an actual reason to vote Shoshin. It can be defended as RVS, though, so I'm discounting it for now. Then we have Mewtaph, whom I am really liking so far (mostly). He gives his reads and explains them carefully, showing his thought process so that others can follow it and determine if they agree or not. The only thing that gives me pause (other than his predecessor) is his somewhat amorphous take on Performer, which started with "scum!Perf wouldn't post his town playstyle" (he totally would, if he considered it something he could emulate as scum), and ended with a vote. It could be uncertain town or it could be scum who is trying to keep their options open.

Read: Lean town.

N_M
: Virtually no content, two naked votes. Normally, I'd put this in the "lurker and therefore leaning scum" pile, but N_M also played like this as a Lib in two Secret Hitler games, so I'm willing to leave him at:

Read: Null until more content.

Keyser
: I like how he prodded and questioned Skitter, and once he got a better understanding of her way of thinking reassessed his position. I disagree with his early Irrel-Nauci theory (which he has also changed his mind on), but both that and his case on Irrel are town-indicative to me, as they seem to show sincere scumhunting. He's been asking questions, but also following up with his own thoughts and comments, not just leaving them there to appear inquisitive. I don't really have much more to say here. I'm pretty sure there's no need for a deeper case.

Read: Town.

Xtoxm
: Disgruntled, and others have already mentioned it could be disgruntled scum (including a reference to a previous game of his with similar vibes). I don't like how in 949 he basically townreads anyone who is townreading him and leaning town on the person engaging him (and may therefore potentially townread him afterwards). Is there an inverse of OMGUS? Maybe OMGILU? I want to check if his reads on e.g. Nauci and skitter (and any others) changed based on whether they were voting/scumreading him or not. Post 1207 seems to suggest this. I'll check on this later. Also, I'm not sure why he's leaning scum on N_M, because he never mentioned him before, or explained said read, as far as I can tell. (Oh, hey, look at that, I can comment on the quality of your reads, guess I must be scum.)

Read: Lean scum.

That's everyone with fewer than 100 posts, so far. More later.

I would like a Performer lynch. I am not particularly opposed to a Kokichi or an Xtoxm lynch, but they'd be secondary choices at best, and can see myself changing my mind on them with more content. With regard to the more active players, I've been ambivalent from time to time on Creat, Vars, AlNan, Irrel, and very very slightly on Shoshin (sorted here from least to most towny for your convenience), so I'll want to reread them again next. I'm still fairly solidly townreading Skitter, Nauci, and worst, so I'm leaving their ISOs for last.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Nauci »

Can you link me that game?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1711, Mitillos wrote:The "Rory Swann is an engineer" thing could easily have come from a scumchat as others have mentioned.
Would that imply he's in scum chat with Irrelephant and thought Irrelephant said it in here
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1711, Mitillos wrote:Well, I didn't budget my time properly, so I'm going to have to split this up into multiple posts over a couple of days or so, hence I'm starting a day early. So let me start with the short ISOs.
Also, I'm really glad people are finally getting on board the correct wagon.

Performer
: His entrance wasn't great to a bunch of people, but I saw nothing particularly wrong with it. The defense of Varsoon was a bit weird since one would expect "policy lynches are wrong" instead (especially given the later posts 264 and 962). I already talked about the problem with 277, where it looks like it's just an exercise in looking for an excuse to vote Shoshin more than anything else. Then he fluffed a bit and FoS'd everyone who voted him except me (Shoshin, worst, Nauci, irrel, and eventually Creature), which is kinda meh in itself, even if he said it wasn't OMGUS. In 715 he starts throwing suspicion at Vars linked to Shoshin, but at least that one I can understand if one doesn't read Vars' posts as being sarcastic.
In the same post he says he has to reread Xtoxm, then when Shoshin makes a vague minor threat, he instantly switches his vote from Shoshin to Xtoxm, joining Shoshin, worst, Vars, and irrel (all four being players he has claimed suspicions on), and putting Xtoxm at L-1 without even mentioning this to be the case. Note that he definitely knew that the wagon was large and getting traction, given that he explicitly said in 715 that he needed to reread Xtoxm to see why he was being voted.
The "Rory Swann is an engineer" thing could easily have come from a scumchat as others have mentioned. Bit tinfoily, sure, but still possible.

Read: Scum. Join this wagon, and bring rope.

Saudade/Kokichi
: Saudade provided a big pile of no content. Thankfully, Kokichi came in and basically told us he's scum in posts 1497, 1501, and 1535, so once we've sorted out a couple of his buddies, we can have another look at Kokichi.

Read: Lean scum, but needs more content, so I'm willing to wait until he catches up.

Teacher/Mewtaph
: Teacher's one post pinged me, because it's basically saying "Performer is always scummy, but not this time". The naked vote on Shoshin is also problematic, because if Teacher was reading enough to say that Performer was not scummy, he would also be reading enough to have an actual reason to vote Shoshin. It can be defended as RVS, though, so I'm discounting it for now. Then we have Mewtaph, whom I am really liking so far (mostly). He gives his reads and explains them carefully, showing his thought process so that others can follow it and determine if they agree or not. The only thing that gives me pause (other than his predecessor) is his somewhat amorphous take on Performer, which started with "scum!Perf wouldn't post his town playstyle" (he totally would, if he considered it something he could emulate as scum), and ended with a vote. It could be uncertain town or it could be scum who is trying to keep their options open.

Read: Lean town.

N_M
: Virtually no content, two naked votes. Normally, I'd put this in the "lurker and therefore leaning scum" pile, but N_M also played like this as a Lib in two Secret Hitler games, so I'm willing to leave him at:

Read: Null until more content.

Keyser
: I like how he prodded and questioned Skitter, and once he got a better understanding of her way of thinking reassessed his position. I disagree with his early Irrel-Nauci theory (which he has also changed his mind on), but both that and his case on Irrel are town-indicative to me, as they seem to show sincere scumhunting. He's been asking questions, but also following up with his own thoughts and comments, not just leaving them there to appear inquisitive. I don't really have much more to say here. I'm pretty sure there's no need for a deeper case.

Read: Town.

Xtoxm
: Disgruntled, and others have already mentioned it could be disgruntled scum (including a reference to a previous game of his with similar vibes). I don't like how in 949 he basically townreads anyone who is townreading him and leaning town on the person engaging him (and may therefore potentially townread him afterwards). Is there an inverse of OMGUS? Maybe OMGILU? I want to check if his reads on e.g. Nauci and skitter (and any others) changed based on whether they were voting/scumreading him or not. Post 1207 seems to suggest this. I'll check on this later. Also, I'm not sure why he's leaning scum on N_M, because he never mentioned him before, or explained said read, as far as I can tell. (Oh, hey, look at that, I can comment on the quality of your reads, guess I must be scum.)

Read: Lean scum.

That's everyone with fewer than 100 posts, so far. More later.

I would like a Performer lynch. I am not particularly opposed to a Kokichi or an Xtoxm lynch, but they'd be secondary choices at best, and can see myself changing my mind on them with more content. With regard to the more active players, I've been ambivalent from time to time on Creat, Vars, AlNan, Irrel, and very very slightly on Shoshin (sorted here from least to most towny for your convenience), so I'll want to reread them again next. I'm still fairly solidly townreading Skitter, Nauci, and worst, so I'm leaving their ISOs for last.
Yeah A50 and me aren’t mindmelding on Mewtaph and Xtoxm. My reads on those slots match up with yours. Gut read and I especially trust my gut on townreads. I’m rarely ever wrong on those. I currently lean town on Mewtaph and scum on Xtoxm and I wholeheartedly disagree with Skitter’s take on that slot. I have meta with Kokichi and until I see anything even remotely townie from him, I’ll keep my vote there but fine with switching to either Performer and especially Xtoxm to avoid a no lynch.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:57 am

Post by the worst »

I'm not sure I'll catch up this morn but I'm at the airport for another coupla hours. Anyone wanna hang out?
--
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1266, Nauci wrote:I feel like there are a several misunderstandings in your posts, performer (e.g. varsoon has only ever sarcastically said shoshin is 100% accurate)

Also I don't remember Irrelephant saying what Rory Swann's job was? (Fwiw, he was an engineer who created all of the weaponry for the protagonist, hence why I thought gunsmith would have been appropriate)

I'm having a hard time parsing some of what you said
What are these misunderstandings?

About vars I have to disagree as Vars' continued faith in shos stopped sounding like sarcasm and sounded like he was a religious believer.

What's the relevance of Rory's job? I did a lookup and went with the result I found , as I didn't even remember who Rory was in the SC series so I had to look into it. As for gunsmith, I don't know about that but I
took his claim at face value of him stating he was a PGO , and I'm thinking it's likelier than not.

What are you having hard time with for parsing - what's unclear?
In post 1267, the worst wrote:heavy tpr spec in this setup is probably bad. turst me on this one
?

I actually find it helpful in normals and games that have been touched by at least 1 member of the NRG . Also flavor speculating if claimed flavors make sense, should help in flavored/themed games like this one.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:21 am

Post by the worst »

Idk about flavour speccing
I'm a little anxious about TPRs claiming tho, can explain if I'm here for massclaim
--
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1353, Irrelephant11 wrote:I kinda read that thing Performer said about me & my flavor as a typo? Because I didn’t say anything about Rory Swann’s identity; I’m completely unfamiliar with the flavor for this game. Tinfoil hat says someone else said it in scumchat and Performed remembered me saying it?
Anyone who likes SC or themed games should be doing their research if they dont know who is who. YOU mentioned you're rory, I didnt even know who that is, so I looked it up to make sure you werent lying, if your role claim sounded sensible.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 am

Post by the worst »

what would rel even be lying about and why would flavour research prove or disprove it...
--
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1358, Creature wrote:Hi, did Performer do anything other than OMGUS me?
I think you need to reread my ISO about omgus.

Mew's posts are like dense fog to understand, but his analysis about keys & my interaction seemed genuine.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1719, the worst wrote:what would rel even be lying about and why would flavour research prove or disprove it...
exactly
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1425, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
Whaddup punk
:lol:
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:36 am

Post by the worst »

idgi I'm checking out

seeya all in Singapore
--
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:36 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1712, Nauci wrote:
Can you link me that game?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76709&user_select%5B%5D=30618

Kokichi’s ISO

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”