Town should never quickhammer

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Awoo »

"What are you talking about?"
"I would never be partners with awoo, I just put him at L-1!!! Which is something I would never do in white flag!!!"

"Ok lets test that theory :^) *votes awoo*

"wait no i just"

town has won
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t agree with your stance but you’re amazing
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

So I’ve been waiting for this game to end to share:
In post 776, Persivul wrote:I was hoping for some more activity and a chance to town it up and avoid this, but after my unannounced hammer on Creature, and with just 4 needed to lynch and 1 vote on me already, I think it's best that I claim. Plus, with the modifier, it was likely to come out anyway.

I'm
Town Loud Cop
. I have an innocent on Reaper.
In post 778, Persivul wrote:
In post 775, Sashaddin wrote:@ Persivul:
I was puzzled by the hammer, I
usually
see someone announcing "intent" before doing it. Was there a reason for doing it right away?

**I'm a He, please :lol:
I was satisfied he wasn't a town PR. So, either he was scum, or he was lynchbait (as evidenced by the L-1) and needed to go anyway. I was also (necessarily) lynchbait but will likely need to be killed tonight (unless there's a RB), and my flip will conftown Reaper, the other lynchbait. That should make the game solvable.
This wuickhammer by the town’s loud cop was smart and pro-town imo. He hammered town, which is obviously unhelpful, but he was right that he may have been the lynch and/or had to claim of momentum had moved away from that wagon, which would have been worse. He rightly deduced that he was quickhammering a [vt or goon] and was able to explain his actions alongside his verifiable (because loud) cop claim the next game day. One of the best-reasoned, pro-town quickhammers I’ve seen, and imo one of the rare occasions it was potentially optimal to do so.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by profii »

This thread reminds me of a game I played called let me be your neighbour or something like that

1v4 / SvT and only naked votes in the thread - every player has a 1 on 1 PT with every other player

Naming no names - the gist of it was scum player suggested putting himself at l-1 as some kind of trust tell. Then one of the town LOL hammered him for a day 1 win in record time

The hammer dude was adamant he has a scum tell and the scum player went off it that they didn’t get a fair crack at the whip so to speak

I can see both sides of that one - like, I think hammer dude did go a bit rogue, only he knows if he legit has a scum tell
Also - the scum dude didn’t get a full go at convincing everyone but he was effectively playing with fire and got burned so schucks

I don’t really mind lol hammers - someone made a point, if you play with certain people, plan for it - if you suspect you have noobies, advise them of the consequences and deal from there - I’m pretty easy going though
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

If we're talking about quickhammers that won the game, this was a potentially unique case. (The last remaining scum self-voted to L-1 in post #700 and immediately got quickhammered for the win in #701.)

I think my main concern with quickhammers are hammers that happen before town can get useful information for future days. Those can quite easily ruin the entire game. Quickhammers made later in the game are much less of an issue.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 102, Irrelephant11 wrote:So I’ve been waiting for this game to end to share:
In post 776, Persivul wrote:I was hoping for some more activity and a chance to town it up and avoid this, but after my unannounced hammer on Creature, and with just 4 needed to lynch and 1 vote on me already, I think it's best that I claim. Plus, with the modifier, it was likely to come out anyway.

I'm
Town Loud Cop
. I have an innocent on Reaper.
In post 778, Persivul wrote:
In post 775, Sashaddin wrote:@ Persivul:
I was puzzled by the hammer, I
usually
see someone announcing "intent" before doing it. Was there a reason for doing it right away?

**I'm a He, please :lol:
I was satisfied he wasn't a town PR. So, either he was scum, or he was lynchbait (as evidenced by the L-1) and needed to go anyway. I was also (necessarily) lynchbait but will likely need to be killed tonight (unless there's a RB), and my flip will conftown Reaper, the other lynchbait. That should make the game solvable.
This wuickhammer by the town’s loud cop was smart and pro-town imo. He hammered town, which is obviously unhelpful, but he was right that he may have been the lynch and/or had to claim of momentum had moved away from that wagon, which would have been worse. He rightly deduced that he was quickhammering a [vt or goon] and was able to explain his actions alongside his verifiable (because loud) cop claim the next game day. One of the best-reasoned, pro-town quickhammers I’ve seen, and imo one of the rare occasions it was potentially optimal to do so.
I endorse this product or service. :D
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:46 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

havent read the thread but there should definitely be nothing against quickhammering
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Taly »

Agreed with title. Quickhammers halt necessary discussion and play toward a scum-narrative, thus town should not do them.

But I don't agree with banning because of it. It's still voting within the mod and site rules. But if you quickhammer by deliberately going against wincon, that should be investigated.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hi Taly!
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Taly »

Hi Gamma! :D
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 16, callforjudgement wrote:As a moderator, I'd really like to be able to eliminate accidental quickhammers in a way that doesn't lead to worse problems (such as continuous stupid fakehammer gambits).
VOTE: callforjudgement
I can't believe no one hammered this fool yet
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”