The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

It'll be a few months before I can mod it, but I have a totally awesome Fish Monkey God setup that I'd like to request reviewage of.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3043 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:39 am

Post by xyzzy »

my game TBD Mafia may need one or more reviewers based on how players respond to a questionnaire (one of the questions asks whether the setup should be reviewed or not).

due to the nature of this game, I cannot guarantee that any reviewers will be credited until the game is over; I don't think that's an issue, but just letting you know that up front in case you care.

PM me if interested.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3074 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

I'd like a couple reviewers for a non-bastard Mini Theme game called The Adventure Zone Mafia: Here There Be Gerblins.

this is a closed setup, so reviewers won't be able to play in it.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3077 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3074, xyzzy wrote:I'd like a couple reviewers for a non-bastard Mini Theme game called The Adventure Zone Mafia: Here There Be Gerblins.

this is a closed setup, so reviewers won't be able to play in it.
I'm still looking for people for this.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3107 (isolation #4) » Thu May 25, 2017 11:06 am

Post by xyzzy »

at some point in the moderately near-ish future (probably a couple months from now at most) I'm planning on modding a large theme game called TBD Mafia 2: The Squeakquel, which is a followup to my mini theme TBD Mafia. I will need at least one reviewer for this. this will be somewhat similar to a Upick game, so I'll need someone who's able to offer quick back and forth feedback, but with the added caveat that I can't guarantee whether I'll be aiming for a mostly balanced game or a swingy, complex game (I'm guessing the latter, but it's impossible to say right now--see the original game for an idea of why this is the case). if you think you'd enjoy being part of that, PM me!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3118 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3107, xyzzy wrote:at some point in the moderately near-ish future (probably a couple months from now at most) I'm planning on modding a large theme game called TBD Mafia 2: The Squeakquel, which is a followup to my mini theme TBD Mafia. I will need at least one reviewer for this. this will be somewhat similar to a Upick game, so I'll need someone who's able to offer quick back and forth feedback, but with the added caveat that I can't guarantee whether I'll be aiming for a mostly balanced game or a swingy, complex game (I'm guessing the latter, but it's impossible to say right now--see the original game for an idea of why this is the case). if you think you'd enjoy being part of that, PM me!
I'm still looking for people for this!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3123 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3118, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3107, xyzzy wrote:at some point in the moderately near-ish future (probably a couple months from now at most) I'm planning on modding a large theme game called TBD Mafia 2: The Squeakquel, which is a followup to my mini theme TBD Mafia. I will need at least one reviewer for this. this will be somewhat similar to a Upick game, so I'll need someone who's able to offer quick back and forth feedback, but with the added caveat that I can't guarantee whether I'll be aiming for a mostly balanced game or a swingy, complex game (I'm guessing the latter, but it's impossible to say right now--see the original game for an idea of why this is the case). if you think you'd enjoy being part of that, PM me!
it's been another couple weeks and I still haven't heard from anyone :(

I still need at least one reviewer and a backup moderator for this (with the option to be a co-moderator if you would prefer to take a more active role and be involved in setup design), so let me know if you're available!!! I would like to enter this game into signups very soon, but I can't do that without your help!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3125 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3123, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3118, xyzzy wrote:
it's been another couple weeks and I still haven't heard from anyone :(

I still need at least one reviewer and a backup moderator for this (with the option to be a co-moderator if you would prefer to take a more active role and be involved in setup design), so let me know if you're available!!! I would like to enter this game into signups very soon, but I can't do that without your help!
I'm just reposting this post again since it's been another week and a half, and so far all I have is one person who has offered to review it who won't be available for about the next month. anyone???
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3181 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:23 am

Post by xyzzy »

I need a reviewer for a large theme game. this is a semi-open setup where all roles are vanilla but the game itself has unique non-role-based mechanics. please note that having moderated or backup moderated a large game is a requirement to serve as a reviewer for a large theme game, so if you don't meet that requirement, I appreciate your interest, but it doesn't really make sense for you to respond to this.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3187 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am

Post by xyzzy »

normal games are reviewed by a specific group of people who have been designated as qualified to review games for normalcy, so unless someone who is already part of that group decides to respond to your request for some reason (and I can't think of any reason why doing that would make sense), that won't actually speed things up or anything.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3196 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:18 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3181, xyzzy wrote:I need a reviewer for a large theme game. this is a semi-open setup where all roles are vanilla but the game itself has unique non-role-based mechanics. please note that having moderated or backup moderated a large game is a requirement to serve as a reviewer for a large theme game, so if you don't meet that requirement, I appreciate your interest, but it doesn't really make sense for you to respond to this.
I'm still looking for someone for this. I would like to run this as my next game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3203 (isolation #11) » Tue May 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

looking for a reviewer for a 13-player closed setup. I haven't fully put together a first draft for the setup, but I have enough in place to begin discussing it.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3210 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 am

Post by xyzzy »

looking for another set of eyes for a 13-player setup if anyone is available.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3218 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:38 am

Post by xyzzy »

I'm looking for a reviewer for an upcoming 13 player Upick I'll be running based on the YouTube channel Drawfee. while it will help if you have familiarity with the source material, it's a free video series on the internet, so any research required to understand the flavor will be pretty simple and relatively effortless.

I'd like to start this around the beginning of 2019. you'll need to be available for a pretty quick turnaround as soon as it fills. I have a good sense of what kind of setup I want this to be, but I'm not sure how much I'll reveal publicly before it begins, so if your willingness to review it depends on how strange the setup is, PM me.

edit: I have two reviewers for this now, so I don't think I need more than that!
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”