Scumleague FF 2018 (First Game 9/6)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I thought Yahoo did most of the work, but if Mith set the schedules more directly, then I think he does deserve that credit. No wonder Mith got easiest overall! :)

By the way, what's WDST stand for again?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well damn. Cooper having a good day. Wish I had not gotten rid of him when he was a Raider. I abandoned Jared Cook for similar reasons and the man that picks them up takes me out of the playoffs (Its not over yet but predictions say I gonna lose by about 40). Probably best team I ever had was this year given my EPE. Oh well

Anyone know what WDST means?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Highlight of the week for me was in my money league. I'm probably about to beat a guy who calls his team Kittle and Bits because he benched Kittle.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am

Post by mith »

Poker: WDST is my own "power ranking" metric, which attempts to estimate the expected number of wins on a weekly basis by using the distribution of scores.

As a very simple example, let's say the scores in a given week are 120, 119, 118, 117, 116, 80, 79, 78, 77, 76. The team which scores 116 would get a 5-4 record for EPE; however, because 116 is significantly above the average score for the week, it would get a better result in WDST (around 7.2-1.8). EPE takes into account schedule luck, assuming all the scores remained the same. WDST tries to take into account the luck due to the score distribution itself.

It's not perfect - it assumes the scores will be normally distributed, which is probably not the best assumption in this case. But it's also relatively simple to calculate, so I threw it in whenever I was posting EPE results.

Basically, EPE says you were unlucky with the schedule, based on the actual scores everyone posted and your 7-6 record against the teams actually on your schedule. But you benefited a bit (a much smaller bit) in EPE from the distribution of scores, whereas your score each week vs. a normal distribution with the same mean and stdev would have been slightly less likely to win.

tl;dr mith likes maths
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you just had to win didn't you Race?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:09 am

Post by racefan12 »

Yeah, and I knew I needed to win in order to make the playoffs. Fortunately my strategy of "pick up all the Giants players you can because the Redskins are a dumpster fire" paid off.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

I feel like Washington needs to clean house after this season. They have been making some dumb decisions lately, not having the right guys to sub in for multiple injuries especially Smith's. They could have kept playoff relevant with some better moves, but instead they are going to lose out. Their coaching and depth charts need a new look next year
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:07 am

Post by mith »

I feel like Washington needs to clean house after
this
every season.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

They're cursed because of their racist name
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by racefan12 »

They're not cursed, they just have incompetent ownership and management.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

The ownership and management is their curse. Getting Adrian Peterson and how well he played is best thing they did this year. And that idea sounded bad at the start. The Coaching needs to change more now than in some recent years. The team name should have changed a long time ago. I would recommend Washington Hogs after their historic offensive line of the past. I would also like to see Washington Razorbacks as both names suggest their are pigs in Washington, and that makes me smile.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What does a hog have to do with a stout O-line?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Rather be a dipshit than a race-baiting moron.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by PJ. »

Man, you can't read or make relevant insults? You're a winner. Your mom should kick you out of her basement.

(Why doesn't it surprise me that the racist is concerned about "race-baiting"?)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I would
LOVE
to live rent free but I like having my own place. I also love my parents but I think I'd go crazy moving back home.

I had never heard of the redskins o-line referred to as hogs or why it would be. So I asked. You trying to insult me was just really uncalled for.

but hey look, kid, I think you're an immature little shit and you think whatever racist morons think but let's not hijack this thread, mmkay? If you need to get more of your teen angst out then feel free to pm me but I'm going to be the
bigger
only man and walk away before this spirals out.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Post by PJ. »

"I'm gonna be the bigger man and get the last word, ohohoho".

You wouldn't have to ask the question if you read his post. I wouldn't "try" to insult you(you're clearly insulted) if you weren't consistently wrong and racist about pretty much everything. You clearly don't understand what "race-baiting" is. But it's fine, I know you're a basement dweller. It's fine. Say whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better, or ya know...just learn to read and stop being so wrong and racist. I'm here for you, bud.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:41 am

Post by mith »

Do I need to give you two timeout again? [/dadmode]
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:44 am

Post by T-Bone »

1 point and I would have had a bye instead of this disaster...
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am

Post by mith »

Meanwhile, my team put up the second highest score of the week... while not playing against anyone.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

T-Bone wrote:1 point and I would have had a bye instead of this disaster...
1 more win like the one i should have got over Panzer, and I would have too. You could have also started Henry, to avoid joining me in my bracket. Here we will have a Browns fan playing a Ravens fan. While in real nfl the Browns vs Ravens play in week 17, and there may be some major playoff implications should Pitt keep losing

(I still think those in Consolation Bracket for 7-10 should have had their first round last week and second round this week. So they would not play week 16 or 17. As things stand, T-bone and I won't play week 16, but everyone else will. That doesn't make a lot of sense.)
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:48 am

Post by mith »

I don't disagree, but it's almost certainly easier for them to code this way.

(Also, if everything had gone according to draft day projections, I would have a bye. And the playoffs would be everyone *not* in the actual semi-finals. Man, Yahoo's projections are terrible.)
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Yahoo's draft day projections in L1 had the four teams in the Division of Death (me, Rob, Jahudo, AGar) with the four worst records in the league. Instead, that division has the best combined record and 3 of the top 6 teams overall (including the playoff wildcard).
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 596, mith wrote:I don't disagree, but it's almost certainly easier for them to code this way.

(Also, if everything had gone according to draft day projections, I would have a bye. And the playoffs would be everyone *not* in the actual semi-finals. Man, Yahoo's projections are terrible.)
Yahoo has lazy predictions and coding.

Something I would like to see in fantasy football in general is a more fair playoff bracket. Picture this, 4 teams make the playoffs and the duration is 3 weeks. During the 3 weeks, each team in the playoffs gets to play every other team in the playoff once. Team with the best record 3-0 wins (total scoring over the 3 weeks is tie breaker, best scoring over entire season is second tie breaker).
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 595, PokerFace wrote:
T-Bone wrote:1 point and I would have had a bye instead of this disaster...
1 more win like the one i should have got over Panzer
Lol, ur delusional

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”