Town should never quickhammer

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Persivul »

"Quickhammering should be a bannable offense." Sounds debatable.

"Voting within the rules created by mod should be a bannable offense." Doesn't sound debatable - but it's the same thing.

If mod wants to put a 24-hour waiting period for example on hammers, they can do that. If they don't, quickhammers are acceptable play.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 67, Psyche wrote:what could possibly be the downside of hammering someone before they or other players are given a final opportunity to speak w/ the knowledge that a lynch is likely
is that a serious question??

think the most prominent answer is that it's usually impossible for the quickhammerer to be sure that decision-relevant but costly-to-reveal game information isn't held by some other townie to be revealed only when absolutely necessary; the guy at L-1 or someone off his wagon might wanna claim cop or mason or some other informative PR, for example?

these players with decision-relevant information might not know it's necessary to reveal it in at L-2 when a lynch is far from certain

ending a day without making sure your faction's ducks are in a row is reckless and often game-throwing in really
concrete
inarguable
ways and it just boggles my mind that there's any controversy in saying this
Nah. If you're pretty sure the person is scum, then a quicklynch is playing to wincon. Allowing more time gives the person opportunity to get out of the lynch.

Also, you're basically saying that BAD play is playing against wincon. Technically you're correct, but that's not what the wincon rule is there for.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 102, Irrelephant11 wrote:So I’ve been waiting for this game to end to share:
In post 776, Persivul wrote:I was hoping for some more activity and a chance to town it up and avoid this, but after my unannounced hammer on Creature, and with just 4 needed to lynch and 1 vote on me already, I think it's best that I claim. Plus, with the modifier, it was likely to come out anyway.

I'm
Town Loud Cop
. I have an innocent on Reaper.
In post 778, Persivul wrote:
In post 775, Sashaddin wrote:@ Persivul:
I was puzzled by the hammer, I
usually
see someone announcing "intent" before doing it. Was there a reason for doing it right away?

**I'm a He, please :lol:
I was satisfied he wasn't a town PR. So, either he was scum, or he was lynchbait (as evidenced by the L-1) and needed to go anyway. I was also (necessarily) lynchbait but will likely need to be killed tonight (unless there's a RB), and my flip will conftown Reaper, the other lynchbait. That should make the game solvable.
This wuickhammer by the town’s loud cop was smart and pro-town imo. He hammered town, which is obviously unhelpful, but he was right that he may have been the lynch and/or had to claim of momentum had moved away from that wagon, which would have been worse. He rightly deduced that he was quickhammering a [vt or goon] and was able to explain his actions alongside his verifiable (because loud) cop claim the next game day. One of the best-reasoned, pro-town quickhammers I’ve seen, and imo one of the rare occasions it was potentially optimal to do so.
I endorse this product or service. :D

Return to “Mafia Discussion”