2018 Financial Update and News

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

2018 Financial Update and News

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:14 am

Post by mith »

[Summary to be added once paypal sends me the report, but donations for the year are close to covering server costs so far.]

In addition to the donation option to support the site, we will be offering t-shirts again. Anyone who has donated this year may apply that donation toward up to half the cost of 1 t-shirt. (Probably in the $20 range?)

T-Bone will be coordinate a design contest, and will be working with a local guy to get them printed before shipping. Payment will be similar to previous merch offerings, though I may expand to some non-Paypal option. We'll open up pre-orders around the time the shirt design is finalized.

We will also be doing an upgrade and hosting move sometime in the near future, which should reduce the costs of maintaining the site substantially.

Hopefully all of this will be basically done by early October, when baby two (Zoe) arrives!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:35 am

Post by mith »

Another quick update:

Donations got us through July, but have run dry - presumably part of that is the pending t-shirt offering, but if you are able to support the site in advance I can apply that to a future shirt order (up to the cost of one shirt). This is not exactly pre-orders, and I can't promise any particular delivery date yet. But money is tight for us right now with Zoe to arrive in a couple weeks, so thought I would ask. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:26 am

Post by mith »

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am

Post by mith »

:left:
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:55 am

Post by mith »

Money is very tight right now. Baby formula is expensive. The good news (as far as mafiascum is concerned) is that we aren't too far off breaking even for the year-to-date: $917.08 in donations (less fees), -$990.00 in server fees.

In related news, I am toying with the idea of creating a Patreon account, or other subscription-based service. I kinda feel like if I do Patreon I should offer some sort of creative incentive for patrons, but also don't want that to affect use of the site itself (like, no levels for titles or admin rights or anything stupid like that, or exclusive games).

Would there be any interest in that in the first place?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:40 am

Post by mith »

I'm not sure what part of "but also don't want that to affect use of the site itself (like, no levels for titles or admin rights or anything stupid like that, or exclusive games)" wasn't clear...

Return to “News”