BooneyToonz Extravaganza: LAST NIGHT TOMORROW

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:30 am

In post 172, Ramcius wrote:
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, Elsa Jay wrote:*No Multitasking scum, so if a tracker sees someone visit 2 places, they ain't scum.

What WOULD they get that result from?
And I think that just means they’re not multitasking sans modifier


bus driver is a thing

Shouldn’t be
Bus Driver is explicitly non-normal
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.
I have a GTKAS! | Old one if you care to see it

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #176  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:33 am

if doesn't imply uncertainty by itself, and there's a sample town role PM in the opening posts.

further, the colloquial definition of "talk" includes written communication, because no one actually says "we're typing at each other in this mafia thread". ;>
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #177  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:33 am

In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, Elsa Jay wrote:*No Multitasking scum, so if a tracker sees someone visit 2 places, they ain't scum.

What WOULD they get that result from?
And I think that just means they’re not multitasking sans modifier


I assume it meant that if scum say had a roleblock, they couldn’t also perform a kill. In FG games, or in YGM, there was “multi-tasking scum”.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #178  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:36 am

In post 174, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 171, DrewVa wrote:
In post 170, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 168, DrewVa wrote:braincells


You can't just brush this aside. I don't think you received a Town Role PM.


Good.

Now, learn to freaking read and don’t talk to me, kthanx.


I'm not talking to you, I'm typing to you.

Is English your first language?

See how that works.


Don’t do that either.

BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2013
Location: Various Waterways
Pronoun: He

Post Post #179  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:37 am

In post 176, Almost Chara wrote:if doesn't imply uncertainty by itself, and there's a sample town role PM in the opening posts.

further, the colloquial definition of "talk" includes written communication, because no one actually says "we're typing at each other in this mafia thread". ;>
~Chara


Ok you're right... on the 2nd point.

But I don't think someone who is town writes IF there. You don't have to see this IF as damning as I do, but don't forget it later on.

The devil is in the details.

profii
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 19, 2017

Post Post #180  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:40 am

Are we really debating the merits of using the word talk/type here >.<

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #181  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:40 am

In post 179, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 176, Almost Chara wrote:if doesn't imply uncertainty by itself, and there's a sample town role PM in the opening posts.

further, the colloquial definition of "talk" includes written communication, because no one actually says "we're typing at each other in this mafia thread". ;>
~Chara


Ok you're right... on the 2nd point.

But I don't think someone who is town writes IF there. You don't have to see this IF as damning as I do, but don't forget it later on.

The devil is in people who can’t fucking read ENTIRE SENTENCES.


FIFY

RCEnigma
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #182  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:41 am

In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 160, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 48, Elsa Jay wrote:
The Last Knight wrote:Even if I were a mercenary, at least I'd be trusted to do my job. A Remote Controlled Enigma, on the other hand, is a very scummy monicker.

RCEnigma wrote:A cypher impossible to crack is invaluable.

I would argue much more than a sword to the highest bidder.

I'm just a Snow Queen from a time when books and documents are what we use. Having "remote-controlled" anything is unwarranted since it doesn't exist.

I believe I'll take the Knight/Mercenary.

I’m 100% Berserker.


Mafia// Stay Night confirmed?

I was thinking Fire Emblem but okey


Oh, dibs on Wyvern rider then.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #183  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:42 am

In post 180, profii wrote:Are we really debating the merits of using the word talk/type here >.<


I don’t know but reading BEF’s posts, make my neurons want to commit hari-kari. :P

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #184  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 am

In post 182, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 160, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 48, Elsa Jay wrote:
The Last Knight wrote:Even if I were a mercenary, at least I'd be trusted to do my job. A Remote Controlled Enigma, on the other hand, is a very scummy monicker.

RCEnigma wrote:A cypher impossible to crack is invaluable.

I would argue much more than a sword to the highest bidder.

I'm just a Snow Queen from a time when books and documents are what we use. Having "remote-controlled" anything is unwarranted since it doesn't exist.

I believe I'll take the Knight/Mercenary.

I’m 100% Berserker.


Mafia// Stay Night confirmed?

I was thinking Fire Emblem but okey


Oh, dibs on Wyvern rider then.


I feel I’m at a disadvantage, having never played this game before. :/

BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2013
Location: Various Waterways
Pronoun: He

Post Post #185  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 am

In post 155, DrewVa wrote:
So, if town wins with all anti-town dead and 1 townie alive, then scum I assume, would win with the exact opposite wincon.


Switch out "if" with "since" or "now that" and the whole perspective of the sentence changes.

Ex. 1
So, since town wins with all anti-town dead and 1 townie alive, then scum I assume, would win with the exact opposite wincon.

Ex. 2
So, now that town wins with all anti-town dead and 1 townie alive, then scum I assume, would win with the exact opposite wincon.

Ex. 3 (original)
So, if town wins with all anti-town dead and 1 townie alive, then scum I assume, would win with the exact opposite wincon.

Notice the difference?

Ramcius
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #186  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:47 am

In post 175, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 172, Ramcius wrote:
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, Elsa Jay wrote:*No Multitasking scum, so if a tracker sees someone visit 2 places, they ain't scum.

What WOULD they get that result from?
And I think that just means they’re not multitasking sans modifier


bus driver is a thing

Shouldn’t be
Bus Driver is explicitly non-normal


indeed, only now i noticed that we got list of potential roles in this game

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #187  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:51 am

you can also switch "if" with "given that".
and look at that, the two phrases are synonyms. how peculiar! it's almost as if... the if implies a conditional, one that's being used as evidence for a conclusion.

if you boil water, it evaporates! i say, pointing at my pot of boiling water.

but, you reply, why did you say "if"? as though you're unsure if the water has boiled!

...anyway, could we move on?

and to use a pragmatic instead of semantic argument, why on earth would a mafia member be musing about possible scum wincons while not being sure of the town wincon?
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #188  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:54 am

In post 138, DrewVa wrote:
In post 136, RCEnigma wrote:Let me skim the rules, don't know if you can say your wincon(?)


I don’t know if I’m allowed to say that part of my role PM or not.

Yes, I just checked it and there’s a 2nd part.

this is what a townslip looks like.

are you aware there's a sample role PM to quote?
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

RCEnigma
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #189  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:55 am

In post 184, DrewVa wrote:
In post 182, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 160, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 48, Elsa Jay wrote:
The Last Knight wrote:Even if I were a mercenary, at least I'd be trusted to do my job. A Remote Controlled Enigma, on the other hand, is a very scummy monicker.

RCEnigma wrote:A cypher impossible to crack is invaluable.

I would argue much more than a sword to the highest bidder.

I'm just a Snow Queen from a time when books and documents are what we use. Having "remote-controlled" anything is unwarranted since it doesn't exist.

I believe I'll take the Knight/Mercenary.

I’m 100% Berserker.


Mafia// Stay Night confirmed?

I was thinking Fire Emblem but okey


Oh, dibs on Wyvern rider then.


I feel I’m at a disadvantage, having never played this game before. :/


Play sacred stone on a gba emulator. It's a banger.

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #190  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:55 am

oh never mind, i see it was made clear a few posts after.
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2013
Location: Various Waterways
Pronoun: He

Post Post #191  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:00 am

In post 187, Almost Chara wrote:
and to use a pragmatic instead of semantic argument, why on earth would a mafia member be musing about possible scum wincons while not being sure of the town wincon?


Perhaps mafia!drewva could be employing a subtle WIFOM tactic.

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #192  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 am

so it's something town doesn't do, but also something scum does do to subtly look town?

that's two assumptions you've made, you'll need some evidence for both to satisfy occam's razor.
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 27, 2013
Location: Various Waterways
Pronoun: He

Post Post #193  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:06 am

In post 192, Almost Chara wrote:so it's something town doesn't do, but also something scum does do to subtly look town?

that's two assumptions you've made, you'll need some evidence for both to satisfy occam's razor.


Exactly, and the "IF" issue is the first piece of evidence in my DrewVa case. It stood out to me and I thought I would share. If it's irrelevant to you that's ok. You can pull your evidence for reads from other places.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #194  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:07 am

In post 191, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 187, Almost Chara wrote:
and to use a pragmatic instead of semantic argument, why on earth would a mafia member be musing about possible scum wincons while not being sure of the town wincon?


Perhaps mafia!drewva could be employing a subtle WIFOM tactic.



Spoiler:
Image

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #195  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 am

In post 128, Ramcius wrote:so it started...

A50, are you scum? Tell me, so i can ignore you for the rest of the game

@Mod does sk counts as multiball?


SK does not count as Multiball.

he's scum, but i'm town and he promised to help me this game. so you can listen to him.
it's certainly better than listening to me!
bye for now! i have things to do.

fishy is probably town for that last post, too. at least enough to say so early game.
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #196  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 am

In post 192, Almost Chara wrote:so it's something town doesn't do, but also something scum does do to subtly look town?

that's two assumptions you've made, you'll need some evidence for both to satisfy occam's razor.


Or he could, just actually read exactly what I wrote. :lol:

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #197  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:10 am

In post 189, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 184, DrewVa wrote:
In post 182, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 160, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 48, Elsa Jay wrote:
The Last Knight wrote:Even if I were a mercenary, at least I'd be trusted to do my job. A Remote Controlled Enigma, on the other hand, is a very scummy monicker.

RCEnigma wrote:A cypher impossible to crack is invaluable.

I would argue much more than a sword to the highest bidder.

I'm just a Snow Queen from a time when books and documents are what we use. Having "remote-controlled" anything is unwarranted since it doesn't exist.

I believe I'll take the Knight/Mercenary.

I’m 100% Berserker.


Mafia// Stay Night confirmed?

I was thinking Fire Emblem but okey


Oh, dibs on Wyvern rider then.


I feel I’m at a disadvantage, having never played this game before. :/


Play sacred stone on a gba emulator. It's a banger.


Link?

Like I have no clue what that is. DVa probably gets it. :oops:

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #198  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:13 am

In post 195, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 128, Ramcius wrote:so it started...

A50, are you scum? Tell me, so i can ignore you for the rest of the game

@Mod does sk counts as multiball?


SK does not count as Multiball.

he's scum, but i'm town and he promised to help me this game. so you can listen to him.
it's certainly better than listening to me!
bye for now! i have things to do.

fishy is probably town for that last post, too. at least enough to say so early game.
~Chara

In post 188, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 138, DrewVa wrote:
In post 136, RCEnigma wrote:Let me skim the rules, don't know if you can say your wincon(?)


I don’t know if I’m allowed to say that part of my role PM or not.

Yes, I just checked it and there’s a 2nd part.

this is what a townslip looks like.

are you aware there's a sample role PM to quote?
~Chara


I am now.

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #199  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:14 am

i didn't have any clue what Sacred Stones was either, but i just googled it. it's a very useful site, that google. :P
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games