BooneyToonz Extravaganza: LAST NIGHT TOMORROW

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #200  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:14 am

In post 187, Almost Chara wrote:you can also switch "if" with "given that".
and look at that, the two phrases are synonyms. how peculiar! it's almost as if... the if implies a conditional, one that's being used as evidence for a conclusion.

if you boil water, it evaporates! i say, pointing at my pot of boiling water.

but, you reply, why did you say "if"? as though you're unsure if the water has boiled!

...anyway, could we move on?

and to use a pragmatic instead of semantic argument, why on earth would a mafia member be musing about possible scum wincons while not being sure of the town wincon?


Brain cells rejenerating.

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #201  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:15 am

    Emperor flippyNips
    Alonzo
    Mcqueen
    Xtoxm

    If there is a bullet point,
    that means they have voted
    to end day.
In post 199, Almost Chara wrote:i didn't have any clue what Sacred Stones was either, but i just googled it. it's a very useful site, that google. :P


Thanks, I’ll check it out. :)
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramcius
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #202  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:18 am

In post 195, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 128, Ramcius wrote:so it started...

A50, are you scum? Tell me, so i can ignore you for the rest of the game

@Mod does sk counts as multiball?


SK does not count as Multiball.

he's scum, but i'm town and he promised to help me this game. so you can listen to him.
it's certainly better than listening to me!
bye for now! i have things to do.

fishy is probably town for that last post, too. at least enough to say so early game.
~Chara


it's not how it works, but ok, i will ignore your slot from now

DrewVa
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 16, 2018
Location: out of this world
Pronoun: They

Post Post #203  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 am

In post 201, DrewVa wrote:
In post 199, Almost Chara wrote:i didn't have any clue what Sacred Stones was either, but i just googled it. it's a very useful site, that google. :P


Thanks, I’ll check it out. :)


Spoiler:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Tactical role-playing game for the Game Boy Advance
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones[a] is a tactical role-playing game developed by Intelligent Systems, and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy Advance handheld video game console in 2004 for Japan and 2005 in the West. It is the eighth entry in the Fire Emblem series,[b] the second to be released outside Japan, and the third and final title to be developed for the Game Boy Advance after The Binding Blade and its prequel Fire Emblem.

Quick Facts: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Developer(s) …
Set in a separate continuity to any other Fire Emblem title, The Sacred Stones takes place on the continent of Magvel, which is divided into five ancient nations, each with a magical stone said to be linked to the imprisonment of an ancient demon. When the nation of Grado begins invading the other nations and destroying the stones, protagonists Eirika and Ephraim of the royal family of Renais set out to gain allies from the other nations and halt Grado's conquest. The gameplay is similar to previous Fire Emblem games, focusing on turn-based, tactical movement of units across a grid-based battlefield. Core features of the game include permanent death for characters defeated in battle and support conversations that grant advantages to certain units in battle.

The Sacred Stones began development alongside Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance as a side project, sharing much of its visual design and mechanics with Fire Emblem while incorporating elements from earlier entries such as Fire Emblem Gaiden. First announced in mid-2004, it was heavily promoted in Japan. When released, it sold over 230,000 units during 2004, with a further 90,000 being sold upon its North American debut. Reception was positive overall for its story and gameplay, although many critics cited it as being too similar to its predecessor. The Sacred Stones would be the last original handheld Fire Emblem title until Fire Emblem Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS in 2012.


How will this help me in this game?

RCEnigma
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #204  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:20 am

It won't, it's just fun to play.

Auro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: October 09, 2018
Location: India
Pronoun: He

Post Post #205  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:20 am

Ego.
Bzz

Something_Smart
Somewhat_Balanced
 
User avatar
Joined: November 17, 2015
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology
Pronoun: He

Post Post #206  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:45 am

How did you guys manage to add seven pages while I was asleep without saying anything useful.
We're all born in the devil's scorn, he wants to see you die
I'm asking you, are you true? Everything they say is a lie, it's a lie...

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #207  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:57 am

In post 49, DrewVa wrote:idk if you guys know this but if there's literally no consequence to votes then there is no reason to not use them


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but our votes do have consequences. Just like the words and actions we make online have real world implications as well.

Votes in this thread will eventually lynch someone, trick is we never know when the day will end unless it goes to deadline or the 4 tell us when they are ending the day.

I think that we need to be careful with our votes because we never know when we are piling votes onto a fellow townie, and depending on the composition of the 4 dayenders they could end the day early when a townie has the vote lead.

I think first we need to figure out how best to use the mechanic to help us as much as possible. Every investigation starts with one step, let's make this ours.

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #208  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am

In post 74, Elsa Jay wrote:And I'm a Queen, therefore more important then you, also meaning my opinion is more valid.

It's magic.


If lightsabers are magic how is it that anyone can use one?

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #209  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:05 am

In post 81, RCEnigma wrote:There will be an assistants strike before the game ends.


As on screen talent and working behind the scenes we will stay out of any strikes, but fuck scabs too.

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #210  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 am

In post 99, RCEnigma wrote:I'm aware it's not your role pm, however it wouldn't make sense to only add half of the town win condition. Ergo I'm under the impression you weren't aware of that portion of the town win condition.


So you are saying he scum slipped by only including half the win con?

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #211  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:13 am

In post 130, Alonzo wrote:Game starts now.


It's a surprise you're able to fit that giant noggin through door frames anymore. Yikes; the ego on this one :giggle:

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #212  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:18 am

In post 148, DrewVa wrote:
In post 147, RCEnigma wrote::facepalm: you didn't realize till FL pointed it out.

To be fair I forgot about the sample rolecard :lol:


You could have asked pretty much anyone in the setup the same question you asked me and some players would have paid close attention to the setup and their role PM and the setup. where as others would have missed it, and you would have wrongly scumread those who didn’t pay close attention to either and townread those who did.

I read it and forgot about it, like I didn’t really pay close attention to my role PM, until I just looked at it.

So, now I get the whole not town but not scum thing. :lol:


I agree with this. I had to go back and check my own to see what the second condition was because I didn't even look at that part of the pm. I assumed it was boiler plate stuff and glanced over it.

Karmeleon
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 25, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #213  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:19 am

Hello

Karmeleon
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 25, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #214  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:21 am

In post 30, DrewVa wrote:OK, we're part of a 4-man mason block with Cheeky Dancer, Gamma Emerald, and Karmeleon. We're all bulletproof savants who have night 0 guilties on Elsa Jay and Emperors New Groove. No need to evaluate the likelihood of this claim, just sheep for easy win

VOTE: Emperors New Groove

-D


Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #215  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 am

In post 162, BrightEyedFish wrote:SLIP-a-dee-doo-dah, SLIP-a-dee-ay
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day...



You are the second person to have this line of thought and are about to be the second to be shot down because this is a bad avenue of investigation. Did you not read the thread and just jumped on something current that seemed like it could be scummy to you?

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #216  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 am

In post 166, BrightEyedFish wrote:IF:

CONJUNCTION

1: (introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.

----------

If implies uncertainty


...

It's being used in a conditional way, like if A happens, then B is the result. Does if have anymore definitions or did you just choose the one that fits the narrative you are trying to birth?

Karmeleon
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 25, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #217  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:26 am

Aw there's no official dance mechanism

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #218  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 am

In post 170, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 168, DrewVa wrote:braincells


You can't just brush this aside. I don't think you received a Town Role PM.


So again, I feel like you haven't read the thread or you'd know here that the mod has even pointed out that there is a sample pm in the rules.

Are you more likely to scour the rules for any little idiosyncrasies that you can use to your advantage as scum or as town?

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #219  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:29 am

In post 172, Ramcius wrote:
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, Elsa Jay wrote:*No Multitasking scum, so if a tracker sees someone visit 2 places, they ain't scum.

What WOULD they get that result from?
And I think that just means they’re not multitasking sans modifier


bus driver is a thing


How would a bus driver make someone show up as going to 2 places? Why are you answering for Elsa?

Karmeleon
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 25, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #220  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:38 am

In post 64, Nero Cain wrote:reading is for wimps anyways.

In post 65, Nero Cain wrote:ok yeah, dayvig:RCE

I like you

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #221  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:42 am

In post 187, Almost Chara wrote:you can also switch "if" with "given that".
and look at that, the two phrases are synonyms. how peculiar! it's almost as if... the if implies a conditional, one that's being used as evidence for a conclusion.

if you boil water, it evaporates! i say, pointing at my pot of boiling water.

but, you reply, why did you say "if"? as though you're unsure if the water has boiled!

...anyway, could we move on?

and to use a pragmatic instead of semantic argument, why on earth would a mafia member be musing about possible scum wincons while not being sure of the town wincon?



If i had known that this post existed I wouldnt have started in on this. This should be the last post on the subject. Right? Oh HaShem, i hope this is the end of this.

Ramcius
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 22, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #222  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:42 am

In post 206, Something_Smart wrote:How did you guys manage to add seven pages while I was asleep without saying anything useful.


making useless posts like yours, i guess

In post 219, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 172, Ramcius wrote:
In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, Elsa Jay wrote:*No Multitasking scum, so if a tracker sees someone visit 2 places, they ain't scum.

What WOULD they get that result from?
And I think that just means they’re not multitasking sans modifier


bus driver is a thing


How would a bus driver make someone show up as going to 2 places? Why are you answering for Elsa?


See, i told you it's not a place for you, guys, you don't even know how basic roles, such as bus driver works...

And for second part, isn't it obvious? Elsa is my scumbuddy

God, why i have deal with such people every time

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #223  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:44 am

In post 193, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 192, Almost Chara wrote:so it's something town doesn't do, but also something scum does do to subtly look town?

that's two assumptions you've made, you'll need some evidence for both to satisfy occam's razor.


Exactly, and the "IF" issue is the first piece of evidence in my DrewVa case. It stood out to me and I thought I would share. If it's irrelevant to you that's ok. You can pull your evidence for reads from other places.


See the issue that arises from all of this isnt what to think about drew and "the slip" its what to think about you and the straws you are pulling to build a case on someone that you only have an idea of a shitty piece of evidence to pin to them. See why thats an issue for the rest of us?

Nev and Max
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 08, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #224  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:49 am

In post 222, Ramcius wrote:See, i told you it's not a place for you, guys, you don't even know how basic roles, such as bus driver works...


Explain to us how a bus driver would allow someone followed to show up as visiting 2 places. Please. Then you can continue to be condescending.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games