volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 99, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Clearly I'm informed about what everyone's role is.

If you MUST know:

Cop - davesaz

Doctors - Clemency and DS

Scum - Bambi, Egix96, and bristep123
I'm not liking the PR speculation.

VOTE: Bambietta Basterbine
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 200, ofrhz wrote:
In post 193, volxen wrote:
In post 99, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Clearly I'm informed about what everyone's role is.

If you MUST know:

Cop - davesaz

Doctors - Clemency and DS

Scum - Bambi, Egix96, and bristep123
I'm not liking the PR speculation.

Why did you think her post was PR speculation as opposed to a joke
I find it to be anti-town to speculate about who might be PR's, even in jest. I don't think it should be brought up at all.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 228, ofrhz wrote:I'm bored

Who wants to help me LAL? We can start with volxen
I find it a bit curious that you want to wagon me, but yet you don't seem to really have any questions for me or want to engage with me (beyond the single question that you asked me in post ).

Regarding reads, I don't feel there's enough content yet to form strong reads, but so far Almost50 is coming across as somewhat towny, and Bambi is coming across as fairly scummy.

Regarding Bambi, as I mentioned before I didn't like the PR speculation, and I'm hard pressed to find a pro-town motivation in talking about it, even in jest. I also found it a bit suspect how she hoped onto Almost50's wagon and brought him up to four votes so early on in the game.

Regarding your own slot, you are still null for me at the moment. I can see town!ofrhz pressuring me if your goal is to get my attention and see how I react, but the fact that you aren't matching the pressure with any sort of engagement with me is a bit odd. Do you have any questions for me?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 254, ofrhz wrote:
In post 253, volxen wrote:
In post 228, ofrhz wrote:I'm bored

Who wants to help me LAL? We can start with volxen
I find it a bit curious that you want to wagon me, but yet you don't seem to really have any questions for me or want to engage with me (beyond the single question that you asked me in post ).
I was primarily interested in wagoning you because you were obviously present on site yet not producing much readable content

Besides, it’s hard to ask you questions when you’ve only made two posts, one of which was responding to me. I would’ve asked you for your reads next, but I see you’ve already supplied those.
Regarding reads, I don't feel there's enough content yet to form strong reads, but so far Almost50 is coming across as somewhat towny
Why?
Regarding Bambi, as I mentioned before I didn't like the PR speculation, and I'm hard pressed to find a pro-town motivation in talking about it, even in jest.
I also found it a bit suspect how she hoped onto Almost50's wagon and brought him up to four votes so early on in the game.
What’s wrong the bolded? Wagons tend to form early to generate pressure, no?
My read of Almost50 is not terribly strong, but I am gut townleaning him at the moment based on tone and his interactions with other slots. I will definitely reevaluate of my read of him as the game progresses and he produces more content, but for now he is a light townlean.

I'm suspicious of Bambi's vote for Almost50 because she admitted herself that she was just going with the flow in voting for him:
In post 79, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:I like that honesty, my minion. The Majority seem to be going for Almost, so we shall do the same for now. Keep a keen eye for scummy behaviour.

VOTE: Almost50
Why vote for him and bring him over halfway to lynch if she is not even individually scumreading him? I get that people sheep as town, but I'm always suspicious of "going with the flow" votes.

You were voting for Egix before you voted for me. What are your thoughts on Egix currently?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 266, Egix96 wrote:
In post 263, ReaperOfSouls wrote:
In post 259, Egix96 wrote:
In post 256, bristep123 wrote:Ok, 9 pages to catch up on.

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Yeah. I'm thinking there's probably one scum in {Bambi, volxen} but it's hard to say which at this point.
I'm still waiting for ROS to come back with some reads before I choose who to vote next.
I assume to see if it stays where it is?
I ISOed everyone. Having never played with any of you. Most everyone is a null read to me at this point. I don't have to ask if Clemency is always that random. I've already experienced enough to know the answer. My read there is he is completely random. Bambi I feel is random with a purpose. Differentiating what that is is proving difficult on first read. There's alot of random so far in this game. Not sure I like the naked votes by Adelbert Steiner. And something registered with volxen but I need to go back and reread. I see there are few that have sus feelings towards me. Not sure if it's my quietness or something else but I should be able to alleviate those by being more active than I have so far.
To sum up those ramblings I sit with everyone dead in middle, other than AS, Bambi and volxen and those are only first impressions. Nothing that I feel comfortable as of yet pushing.
Understandable.
UNVOTE:

I'm kinda underwhelmed with volxen so far. From what I remember of the game I played with him before (Newbie 1893 - he was town that game) he had a tendency to write very wordy posts with lots of analysis. Post # comes close but I was sort of hoping he'd have more to offer. Then again, it's possible he doesn't have as much to go off this time, but at the same time I'm not entirely sold on BB being scum.

VOTE: volxen
Interesting read. Given how inaccurate your read of me was in Newbie 1893 (we were both town and you hard-tunneled me on day one), I find it curious that you've jumped to the conclusion that I am scum because I have yet to write any "very wordy posts with lots of analysis" in this game. Yes I had a fair amount of lengthy posts in Newbie 1893, but that game got "serious" very early on, whereas up until very recently this game has consisted mostly of spamposting and joking around. There have been a lot of posts in this game in terms of quantity, but most of them are not "serious" posts. I feel like your read of my slot isn't taking that into account -- you're expecting me to have already written some of my infamous wallposts, even though the majority of the content in this game has been spamposting and joking around. So why would you expect detailed analysis from me at such an early point in the game? You made the connection between this game and Newbie 1893, while completely ignoring the fact that the transition from "RVS" to "serious mode" happened MUCH faster in that game, which is why I had more analytical posts earlier on in that game.

In fact if you look at all of my completed town games, my "very wordy posts with lots of analysis" always start after the game has made that transition from "RVS/joking around" to "serious mode", because that's when people start making actual readable posts that can be analyzed. Some games make that transition faster than others.

Given how quickly you came to this "scumread" of my slot, I feel like I'm going to need to read through your first game on this site (or at least ISO dive your slot), as I know you were scum in that game. You did tunnel me as town in Newbie 1893, but I would think town!Egix would be a bit more cautious in evaluating my slot, considering you were also pretty quick to (incorrectly) scumread me in that game. So while this could be TvT again, I'm not convinced yet that your "scumread" of me is genuinely coming from a town!Egix who wants to gamesolve. But I only have experience with town!Egix, so I will need to look at your completed scum game, because my concern at the moment is that you might be scum and you are purposefully tunneling me to mimic your town play from Newbie 1893.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 am

Post by volxen »

In post 297, ofrhz wrote:
In post 296, volxen wrote: You were voting for Egix before you voted for me. What are your thoughts on Egix currently?
Leaning town - Egix reading your last scumgame is a little more likely to come from town than scum imo

Read on bristep?
Bristep seems scummy so far. His reads are questionable and look like they could have been made up. For example:

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum
, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
In post 265, bristep123 wrote:
Sleepless Assassin wrote:

Think there's been a movement to paint Bambi as scum, about PR speculation and also jumping on almost50's bandwagon. DS and Volxion just casually parking their votes for completely different reasons, not actively attacking but softly sowing suspicion. Maybe I'm imagining it, but maybe not.
Is this you scumreading DS and volx? Pretty sure it is, but I want to know for sure.
Can't say it's from a place of experience (or skill!) but it's an attempt to. Like I said, maybe I'm seeing something in nothing, but it's certainly piqued my interest.
In these two posts, he claims to be scumreading me and DS because he didn't like either of our votes for Bambi, and because he thinks there is a “movement to paint Bambi as scum”.
In post 278, bristep123 wrote:Ok, so initial reads.

Volxen - Veering scum, still not keen on the reasoning against Bambi it's a 13 person game, a 4 player wagon isn't the worst thing in the world at this early stage. A bit of fence sitting 'unable to form strong reads' but claimed almost50 as somewhat towny without any reasoning.

Sleepless Assassin - Veering town at this early stage, votes have been thrown out in various direction so there's some confidence and attempts at investigation.

Reaper of Souls - Is he fence-sitting or just very unsure of himself? I'm not sure, couple of names thrown out but no strong opinions put out there yet. Neutral veering scum, thought the removal of the RVS was weird when he had no reads to follow it up with.

ofrhz - right now town, quite fast and loose with posts but doing some good pressing/probing. If I'm wrong there then he's a confident scum player to play that way.

Gamma Emerald - neutral right now, nothing there screams scum but is questioning others but not really offering much substance right now

Egix96 - town, questioning reads and also picked up on Reaper's removal of his random first vote.

DS - No strong read on them at this point. Did feel the Bambi vote was a little weak but could just be a bad read or all they've got to go on right now.

davesaz - No read yet, not much of substance at this point.

Clemency - 63 posts since game start and absolutely zero substance. Too much white noise to be scum, so for now I say town.

Bambi - All over the place, I don't know where to start. Quoted Johnny Johnny, so as a parent of 2 young children that's enough to sway me for now. Town.

Almost50 - veering scum right now, but not strong. Again another that pointed at Bambi for voting for him, but since the vote was for him it doesn't read as much as the others who highlighted it. Also some posts I can't tell if are serious so that could be deliberate.

Adelbert - Has posted twice, both times a vote with no reasoning. Isn't participating in the game, votes without reasons can be early and random but also might be scum trying to hide (and might have done so in a busier game).

Had a real long play gap as I mentioned before, so I know the history/play style of nobody, just got instinct at this point.

So,
Unvote Sleepless Assassin
Vote Volxen
And then here he claims to have no read on DS.

Beyond that, he seems to be giving Egix an easy townread. And if he is so concerned that there is a “movement to paint Bambi as scum”, then why is he so quick to give Egix a free pass and townread him? Egix after all was the first person to criticize Bambi for PR speculation, and he has mentioned that he thinks Bambi could be scum. Egix never voted for Bambi, but it still doesn’t make sense that Bristep is not scrutinizing Egix’s slot more critically, given what he claims to believe about Bambi. And I have no idea why he thinks Egix deserves town credit for pointing out the fact that Reaper removed his RVS vote.

He also seems to be scumreading Almost50 for next to no reason. Here, the only thing he really brought up about him is the fact that he doesn’t like that Almost50 called out Bambi for voting for him. If Almost50 is in fact town, then I don’t see what the problem is with him calling out someone on his wagon that he suspects might be scum.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:46 am

Post by volxen »

In post 368, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Let me look at the 5 people who have their votes on me real quick... In alphabetical order.

Clemency: I forgive you, my child.

DS: Not much of an actual impression, voted me off a tone read (which usually happens) and has been on and off. Will grill them later into day 2 though.

Gamma: with what I said before, and no actual town content, plus voting me twice means you know what I think about you.

Ofrhz: Being scummy and going for the juicy Bambi butt. Says they jumped off of Volxen for other reasons, but probably only because it lost steam and he needs a lynch target.

Volxen: atleast with him, even if I know he's wrong, he actually gave a decent reason to vote me and stuck to his thoughts.
I scumread him for it
but reflections point to him being town.

Townread: Davesaz
Townlean: Volxen
, Clemency, Egix96
Baby townlean: Sleepless Assassin, Bristep123
Neutral: Almost50, ReaperofSouls
Baby Scumlean (deal with later): DS Adelbert Steiner
Scumleans: Ofrhz, Gamma Emerald.

Pedit: I remembered your strong reaction on day 4 mainly. That's what stuck with me the past year. I'd have to reread it to see what you mean about the buddy thing.
So I am simultaneously a scumread and a townlean for you? That doesn't make any sense.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 368, Bambietta Basterbine wrote:Let me look at the 5 people who have their votes on me real quick... In alphabetical order.

Clemency: I forgive you, my child.

DS: Not much of an actual impression, voted me off a tone read (which usually happens) and has been on and off. Will grill them later into day 2 though.

Gamma: with what I said before, and no actual town content, plus voting me twice means you know what I think about you.

Ofrhz: Being scummy and going for the juicy Bambi butt. Says they jumped off of Volxen for other reasons, but probably only because it lost steam and he needs a lynch target.

Volxen: atleast with him, even if I know he's wrong, he actually gave a decent reason to vote me and stuck to his thoughts. I scumread him for it but reflections point to him being town.

Townread: Davesaz
Townlean: Volxen, Clemency, Egix96
Baby townlean: Sleepless Assassin, Bristep123
Neutral: Almost50, ReaperofSouls
Baby Scumlean (deal with later): DS Adelbert Steiner
Scumleans: Ofrhz, Gamma Emerald.

Pedit: I remembered your strong reaction on day 4 mainly. That's what stuck with me the past year. I'd have to reread it to see what you mean about the buddy thing.
Can you talk more about your Gamma scumread? In particular, why does the fact that Gamma inadvertently voted for you twice affect your read of his slot?

And why do you want to wait until day 2 to question/grill DS about his vote for you?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 400, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Ok, I'm caught up.

Towniest on top, scummiest on bottom:
ofrhz
Clemency
Gamma
Dave
Almost50
Adelbert

Egix
DS
bristep123
Bambi
Volx
ReaperOfSouls
Why is Adelbert so high on this list, considering these two posts are the entirety of his content:
In post 63, Adelbert Steiner wrote:Greetings, Almost50 why do you still vote for yourself?

VOTE: Almost50
In post 209, Adelbert Steiner wrote:VOTE: ofrhz
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 477, bristep123 wrote:
In post 471, ofrhz wrote:
In post 397, bristep123 wrote: Regarding Egix - I gave reasons for my read, and their speculation on Bambi was more reasonable than Volxen and DS's. Again, I have no read on Bambi and I've covered this before; I didn't vote for DS or Volxen on that first post because there was no context to weigh up what I had seen. Also -
I said on Reaper's read that I thought his vote removal was weird
, so hence I gave Egix credit for picking it up.
Do you scumread unvotes at the end of rvs as a general rule?
First game in legitimately 5 years, I don't have a general rule for anything. Were we at the end of RVS at that point?
But why is the fact that Reaper removed his RVS vote "weird" and possibly scummy?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by volxen »

Congrats Reaper!
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by volxen »

@mod I will be V/LA until 11/20/18 (tomorrow)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by volxen »

I’m pretty sure there is at least one scum among {Bambi, Egix, Bristep}. I’ve already talked about the things I find suspect about Bambi (the PR speculation, etc.), but Bristep and Egix have been throwing shade at me all game. Egix in particular has popped in just to throw shade at me (), and his reasoning for scumreading me seems to be due to his read through of my one completed scum game on this site (Watcher Wanted). I haven’t seen him really do any analysis on my slot, other than saying he doesn’t like some of my posts and his read through of Watcher Wanted has apparently convinced him that I’m scum in this game. I’ve played with town!Egix before, and him scumreading me and throwing shade at me because of his read through of another game doesn’t seem towny to me. He doesn’t seem interested in sorting my slot based on my content
in this game

VOTE: Egix

Egix is at L-1.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 712, Egix96 wrote:The sheer rate at whch my wagon grew should be a dead giveaway that I am town.
The scum, whoever they are, have obviously taken the opportunity to push a mislynch on low hanging fruit, as I am possibly the least experienced player in this game. Dick move.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bambietta
I'm now starting to think that we were right the first time.
I find it ironic that you would classify yourself as "low hanging fruit", as you aren't exactly a newbie and you have completed multiple games on site. In our town game together you were certainly capable of defending yourself when you came under attack. And besides that, you started this game off by throwing shade at Reaper (he is fairly new to the site) for simply removing his RVS vote, and now you are pulling the "low hanging fruit" card?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Post by volxen »

Since I am at L-2 and the deadline is quickly approaching I am going to make a full roleclaim.

My role is
Town Cop
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by volxen »

volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1429 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:26 am

Post by volxen »

Yay, victory!!! Well done DS. :D Interesting plot twist about the double failhammer though -- I really thought you were trying to hammer Egix both times. Didn't know you purposefully waited for Bambi to unvote before placing your vote both times. Nice.

I'm just glad that Sleepless Assassin AND Almost50 weren't BOTH VT's pretending to be doctors -- that would have really sucked for us! :lol:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:24 am

Post by volxen »

In post 1430, bristep123 wrote:I'd have been pissed if A50 was lying as I almost protected him on the off chance he was but chose not to.

Also 'us' when you didn't have any say in the night kills whatsoever....
? I meant us collectively as a team. Because if Sleepless Assassin and Almost50 both turned out to be VT's, Clemency would have been able to potentially investigate more people. So it was good for us that that wasn't the case.

Return to “Completed Open Games”