mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 616, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 613, mcqueen wrote:
In post 378, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 377, RCEnigma wrote:I am voting Knight btw. Team Evil Vs. Team Merc. I am drawing the house line now, pick a side.
Can't we compromise and get me some grilled fish instead? There is literally no strategic purpose about it. I just want fish.
I should ISO you, but I feel like -- some 16 pages in -- these are a majority of your posts. It's cool, it's funny, but what have you actually contributed to the game otherwise?

Honestly, it's not an issue here. I'd just prefer if you start making serious posts.
I mean... I
could
start talking out of my ass and accusing people for no reason, but it'd be disingenuous and won't hold any real merit.

I rather not get hung day 1, so at the moment I am letting the gamesolvers do their thing and making sure to point away from me so they stay on the right track. Later on I give my input on what happened during the night and see the connections being made by the gamesolvers and capitalize on them.

Other then the 5 man mafia team thing I brought up, you guys just do you and argue about scumminess.
I'm still in the midst of catching up, but let me address this first -

This is so cliche scum it's laughable. Why don't you help gamesolve and push people you think are scum? Surely you have some sort of true reads, no matter how bad they are? (I'm just forming reads myself.) Can you at least state those and why?
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

Agree it's NAI at best. Loving all these spewy townreads though.

~ C
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 624, Elsa Jay wrote:It hurts mafia and town power roles to not know the setup. McQueen, your just as likely to kill strong town who like to be prepared with that line of thinking.

Some people read the rules, and some don't. It's play style, usually NAI except on a case-by-case basis.
Alright, I agree
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Does anyone elsa want to explain my gimmick to McQueen or do I gotta do it?
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 455, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 451, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Nice strawman.
So not a strawman. You are basically saying that I can't find RCE scummy b/c you didn't. Your use of buzzwords might impress new players and fool them into thinking you are town and/or know what you are talking about but I and everyone else knows this is hollow AF.
I do find his interaction with you hollow, but from my experience, he's still town. Scum wouldn't put themselves out there like that on Day 1
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 628, Elsa Jay wrote:Does anyone elsa want to explain my gimmick to McQueen or do I gotta do it?
1) I'm
generally
bad at understanding gimmicks unless they're explicitly laid out to me. However, I'm guessing you're doing this for reactions?

2) Also, I'm trying to get through pages upon pages and keep up with everything and everyone. Please go easy if I don't catch every reference and/or "gimmick" you're trying to pull. From my experience, trolling throughout an entire day then swinging in Day 5 or Day 10 (however long the game goes) is annoying and extremely hard to read. If you want a townread, start showing it. Don't sit back for reactions or whatever other reasons you have
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I literally just called you out for trying to kill the town power roles with the way you were going. Would You rather I push you?

Focusing on me just hurts you more. You dont have to townread me yet, and even if you personally check me, you won't believe me. I'm just a natural of being suspicious.

Why are you so focused on me anyway instead of some others? Is it... Because I've secretly been putting in effort all this time and you subconsciously recognized it?

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 631, Elsa Jay wrote:I literally just called you out for trying to kill the town power roles with the way you were going. Would You rather I push you?

Focusing on me just hurts you more. You dont have to townread me yet, and even if you personally check me, you won't believe me. I'm just a natural of being suspicious.

Why are you so focused on me anyway instead of some others? Is it... Because I've secretly been putting in effort all this time and you subconsciously recognized it?
How am I trying to kill town PRs by forgetting to include them in my post? Generally, scum will pay attention to the mechanics more, especially if they have day talk ideally they should all be on the same page. Town PRs lack this advantage, and even still, not knowing the private votes aspect still hurts scum the most.

No, I don’t feel your contributions to be completely satisfactory. I’ll give a little; you haven’t done nothing, but could you tell me who your town reads are and make that clear?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I dont have any yet so I'm still reading into it. Why should I lie to make a readslist? And who says scum have daychat? The rules specify "may or may not".
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by mcqueen »

Here’s a few of my reads to get the ball rolling;
- Cheeky Dancer: town. His interaction with Nero was bad but that’s usually a town tell this early.
- Nero Cain: town. Played with him a long time ago. His playstyle seems the same (kinda sassy, as GE pointed out), but he seems genuine
- Nev and Max: leaning town. This guy(s) go hard. They’re out pushing Day 1 and as of now I don’t see why they’d be that way as scum
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 633, Elsa Jay wrote:I dont have any yet so I'm still reading into it. Why should I lie to make a readslist? And who says scum have daychat? The rules specify "may or may not".
Maybe they don’t, but it’s possible they do

You seriously don’t have ANY townreads yet 26 pages in now? I find that hard to believe
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 629, mcqueen wrote:
In post 455, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 451, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Nice strawman.
So not a strawman. You are basically saying that I can't find RCE scummy b/c you didn't. Your use of buzzwords might impress new players and fool them into thinking you are town and/or know what you are talking about but I and everyone else knows this is hollow AF.
I do find his interaction with you hollow, but from my experience, he's still town. Scum wouldn't put themselves out there like that on Day 1
is this saying that you find Cheeky town? I mean yeah, scum Cheeky just general avoids me as to not make a scene but whats to say that she hasn't decided to change? We can call it null at best I think.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 635, mcqueen wrote:
In post 633, Elsa Jay wrote:I dont have any yet so I'm still reading into it. Why should I lie to make a readslist? And who says scum have daychat? The rules specify "may or may not".
Maybe they don’t, but it’s possible they do

You seriously don’t have ANY townreads yet 26 pages in now? I find that hard to believe
No real reason to townread people yet, I scumread first and see who I can trust later. I'm currently waiting to see if RCE and TLK go anywhere or if it drizzled out.

Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

I'm wondering why the Nero/Cheeky chacha was the only thing that really seemed to catch mcqueen's eye/thing he commented on in ~26 pages

~ C
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 634, mcqueen wrote:Here’s a few of my reads to get the ball rolling;
- Cheeky Dancer: town. His interaction with Nero was bad but that’s usually a town tell this early.
- Nero Cain: town. Played with him a long time ago. His playstyle seems the same (kinda sassy, as GE pointed out), but he seems genuine
- Nev and Max: leaning town. This guy(s) go hard. They’re out pushing Day 1 and as of now I don’t see why they’d be that way as scum

have you played with both heads of Cheeky Dancer before?

Do you know who is in nev and max? how are they going hard?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Adding Daveas, Nev and Max and AlmostChara to my current townreads.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 614, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 534, DrewVa wrote:I thought he was genuinely attempting to sort us with the whole role PM thing but I’m not familiar with his scum meta, so I suppose it could still possibly be scum being LAMIST
Did he vote you for this?
In post 522, Cheeky Dancer wrote:But Nero, why is RCE scum?
In post 421, Nero Cain wrote:So ok, I fake daykilled him b/c I was annoyed at him and Else trolling and bloating this thread. That alone is antitown/scummy but then I felt like RCE's threat/promise to ignore me was scummy. Like I can't go into details b/c both our games are ongoing but I have an excellent track record of reading him and I could see scum RCE intentionally not wanting to be in an argument with me.
In post 540, Alonzo wrote:Nev might be town, still not sure about Max
I laughed.
In post 559, DrewVa wrote:Interesting. You townread Nero and you’re partner is calling him, “lockscum”?
back in the days hydra dis was considered a scum tell. I miss the old days.
In post 573, Ultimate Liars wrote:Nero is probably town, he annoys me way too much in every game I'm in with him to let that make him a scumread.
hey, fuck you.
In post 575, RCEnigma wrote:Why would having all the scum hard claim day 1 be an issue exactly?
this feels pretty misreppy.
In post 583, Elsa Jay wrote:Lets get this game going and lynch a fool before Christmas, K?
y so eager for a lynch?
RCE voted us because he didn’t understand I was joking and didn’t read the sample role PM.

:lol: on the hydra dis thing.

That is definitely extreme for a hydra to be that divergent on a read. I know I am far more likely to see this kind of weirdness in scum teammates than from hydras.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 631, Elsa Jay wrote:I literally just called you out for trying to kill the town power roles with the way you were going. Would You rather I push you?
That would be a weak push.
The argument was never "Ohh scum would know about mechanics, therefore let's kill the people who do", the whole thing was a basis for finding town.

If X = Being scum, Y = Being aware of the mechanics, then with a greater than random probability,
X⇒Y. (This is my premise)
This is equivalent to the logical contrapositive ~Y⇒~X, which means we can say it's likely they're not scum, and therefore throw a weak early townread there. :P It doesn't matter if PRs or playstyle-based players are aware of the mechanics in the context of my usage.

Also, Lamees is going to hate me for this. Heh.

~A
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 641, DrewVa wrote:That is definitely extreme for a hydra to be that divergent on a read. I know I am far more likely to see this kind of weirdness in scum teammates than from hydras.
I don't think so, Lam disagrees with me about Ultimate Liars.
I'm taking them out of my town pool, I'll let her explain why she thinks they might be scum.

~A
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 631, Elsa Jay wrote:Focusing on me just hurts you more. You dont have to townread me yet, and even if you personally check me, you won't believe me. I'm just a natural of being suspicious.

Why are you so focused on me anyway instead of some others?
Fos: Elsa Jay
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 618, mcqueen wrote:It'd be hilarious if Thanos got lynched/killed on the same day Endgame comes out
It's likelier that we make it to LyLo and there's a mislynch... meaning we get Endgamed :$ :$
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 607, RCEnigma wrote:That bef was town regardless of thanos alignment. In general an in depth read like that seems tmi given the context. Up to that point it was a pissing match between slots giving vague reads and slots angry at people giving vague reads while not doing anything differently.

It's a good opportunity to seem townie, was my first impression.
Have you looked at any of my previous games?
Would you have preferred I give "vague" reads to blend in?
This is my first large, and my other head's as well *shrug* trying to find a suitable style to adopt here. I thought I had a reasonable basis for starting to town people.
There were other slots being serious and playing the game at that point too; what do you make of them? (Davesaz, Nev&Max)

~Auro
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 643, Thanos wrote:
In post 641, DrewVa wrote:That is definitely extreme for a hydra to be that divergent on a read. I know I am far more likely to see this kind of weirdness in scum teammates than from hydras.
I don't think so, Lam disagrees with me about Ultimate Liars.
I'm taking them out of my town pool, I'll let her explain why she thinks they might be scum.

~A
That isn’t unusual but what I referenced, is.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Hey Nancy, I have a question for you. In that game where you were scum (heros right) Did you initiate the townblock or did someone else started the town block?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 648, Nero Cain wrote:Hey Nancy, I have a question for you. In that game where you were scum (heros right) Did you initiate the townblock or did someone else started the town block?
Good question, it’s been so long ago. I think it was FA, iirc?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”