Song Contest 126 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Parama »

I'm joining this one and sending death metal, right side for sure but idc
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Parama »

rab
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Parama »

How are Gorillaz still eligible for this contest this has to be like the third or fourth time they've been entered
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Parama »

Yeah that's about what I expect
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Parama »

Finland – Okay so when the percussion comes in it sounds ever so slightly out of sync with the rest of the instruments which is driving me completely insane. Like, it makes this entire feel seasick. And I kind of doubt it was intentional because the bits of the song without the percussion sound fine. Anyways, it wouldn’t even be that interesting disregarding the percussion issue but it’s borderline unlistenable in this state.

Andorra – Oh, the hollow knight soundtrack. Great game, GOTY 2017 probably, DLC mostly sucks though. And the soundtrack is fine enough but I can’t say it’s ever left a huge impact on me. This is probably one of the better songs though, yeah, even if I haven’t heard some of it ever because it’s super easy to get to the second phase of this fight quickly. (DECENT)

Republic of South Ossetia – I mean, I don’t mind this style of music but it doesn’t really… stir up any emotions either, and this is a bit long for how repetitive it feels, as well. Not bad or anything, just… ehh… (AVERAGE)

Greenland – This is a complete disaster of a song that only even barely resembles the original. I am generally not a fan of remixes in general but this is just a special kind of unlistenable. Didn’t even get halfway.

Liechtenstein – I mean I’ve been aware of this one for like a decade but that’s like… also the last time I listened to it because, it’s a joke song. That’s 20 minutes long. Ironically still better than the Most Wanted Song though. I imagine this is what alternate-universe Godspeed You! Black Emperor sounds like. Basically nothing new is introduced after like the first 5 or so minutes though so I got bored.

South Korea – I’ve seen this musical once before but I don’t really remember it. This doesn’t strike me as a particularly strong performance, or maybe just not one of the stronger songs. It’s just… standard musical fare. (MEDIOCRE)

so far all i can say is OOF
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Parama »

Hungary – This really the best vid you could find? Anyways it’s just… a generic euro-pop song with some folk elements. Nothing new, nothing interesting, it’s a particularly obnoxious brand of pop too. At least she’s a decent singer, but that’s really all there is to say here. (MEDIOCRE)

Macau – Probably fair to call this a little generic but having a lush soundscape behind your chill, downbeat indie rock song goes a long way towards making it enjoyable. It’s nothing I’m going to remember but, yeah, I liked this. (DECENT)

Djibouti – At first I was like “oh, it’s one of these”. Not a style I care for. Then the vocals came in. That first dude is pretty dang convincing. I liked it. Then the cello doofus started singing and he sounds AWFUL, dear lord. There’s basically no substance to this song besides the vocals so when I hate half of them and am pretty indifferent to the music there isn’t much for me here. (MEDIOCRE).

Tanzania – I hate her voice and could make it all the way through this one. Again doesn’t have much substance besides the vocals and it’s waaayy too long for what it is.

Iceland – Zero expectations of getting any decent score with this but this is easily one of my favorite albums I’ve found this year & this is one of the better tracks for sure. Especially that last minute, just so INTENSE, god. But yeah. Right side here I come.

Bhutan – This is not the first song referencing Ric Flair to come out this year and that’s… something, alright. Anyways it’s a fun enough funk jam. Not really my genre as I’m never too into music that doesn’t take itself seriously but I’d rather listen to this than the majority of stuff in this contest so far. (DECENT)

Somalia – Oh, Minus the Bear. I’ve tried to get into this band before but nothing I heard really clicked for me, I’ve never listened to this album though. This is kinda solid, I guess? I’m not too into the vocals and the guitar lines don’t quite work all the time but it’s got decent groove and I’m kind of into it. Still not a huge fan though I guess. (DECENT)

i almost forgot about this
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Parama »

The Federated States of Micronesia – I just don’t like The White Stripes and this is three minutes of complete nothingness to me. I don’t get the appeal, at all.

Egypt – No.

Australia – This is absolutely the kind of song that I don’t mind but leaves not the slightest impression on me. Decent singer, horns are fun and all, but I mean. This is about as generic as it gets, and it doesn’t really evoke… any emotion whatsoever. (AVERAGE)

Latvia – Yeah, this got turned off about a minute and a half into the song. Not a single thing about this style I enjoy.

Taiwan – Not a huge fan of the vocals but they don’t distract that much. And I dig the instrumentation here a decent bit. What’s up with Japanese rock bands having a good bit of math rock influence? Not complaining, just. I’ve seen it rather frequently, relative to a lot of other bands. (DECENT)

USA – Actually pretty interesting musically (and all over the place) but between the meme-y title and the lyrics themselves I have a hard time taking this seriously, which does hurt my enjoyment of it a fair bit. (AVERAGE)

Slovenia – Eehh. Folk like this is always music that I can tolerate more than I enjoy. I don’t mind listening to this but it’s not something I would ever actively seek out. (AVERAGE)

out of 19 songs, i hated 7 of them and tolerated at best another 7
why did i enter this contest
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by Parama »

voted & very dissatisfied with some of the stuff i had to vote for
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Parama »

the winner is, once again, ska
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Parama »

It sucks either way, regardless
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Parama »

rabbletown
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Parama »

thanks PEG
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “General Discussion”