Song Contest 126 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

one more song contest before i get to torture you all with jacob collier once more
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Errantparabola »

potential alternate link for egypt:
https://sidneygish.bandcamp.com/track/bird-tutorial

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Macau -- caled stop making me give you 12s LOL
Bhutan -- you knew i was going to like this

--

Taiwan -- japan loves their seventh chords:anyway yeah this is pretty good... i dont even know what genre i would call this? Toe-adjacent? i guess it's like japanese rock in general probably
Finland -- wait, what the fuck? am i crazy or is this song in septuplet swing? that's pretty lit.

--

Somalia -- cool
Slovenia -- i really just wasn't into this, much in the way that I am not into, say, the Skyrim theme as music. That being said, the solo cello + vocal middle section is legitimately really good at some points.
USA -- some solid music ideas behind this but I don't like his voice nor the rapping nor the limp progression nor the lyrics so in the middle it goes
Djibouti -- Hmm... this song kind of grew me over time! Good vocals and an insistent quality to the instrumentation. I will not listen to it again
Iceland -- I think the atmosphere of this song builds pretty well. I really liked the layering to it but ultimately it's excessively percussive and yeah the vocals are there too
Tanzania -- i love chord movements where the middle note stays the same. however, your safely arranged, vocal-centric indie tune does not need to be five minutes with a full minute breakdown and full minute outro. i liked the chords the first 50 times. IN THE MIDDLE IT GOES

--

Hungary -- There was some legitimate fun i had with the fiddling and the foot-tapping acceleration, like theres definitely that aspect of virtuosity to appreciate
Australia -- each section just didn't tie into the others at all and the horns werent well-used imo, but it was okay? hm
Ossetia -- It dragged
South Korea -- I will say that russell crowe was better than people said he was in this, i like his voice.
Andorra -- the orchestration doesn't sit right with me at all. Middle section is alright but doesn't feel natural and lacks movement.
Micronesia -- I have no thoughts on this

--

Greenland -- is this that gorillaz band that everyone goes nuts over
Latvia -- I had to wait 40 seconds for the song to start and it wasnt worth it
Liechtenstein -- I have objections to this being an entry so even though it has greatly amused me in the past (shoutouts to 12tone) it is getting my bottom spot

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 39, Aristophanes wrote:Whenever Ric "WOO"s, its always B flat
(Actually C sharp but who’s checkin)"
i didn't pick up on that line at all on my listen, you inspired me to go back and listen with the lyrics

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 27, Parama wrote:Okay so when the percussion comes in it sounds ever so slightly out of sync with the rest of the instruments which is driving me completely insane
HAHAHA okay i'm not crazy, it's definitely not on beat. this is definitely a reasonable reaction

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Good winner. I'm still struggling to decide what Jacob Collier song to enter -- something with mass appeal? Something furthest from Down the Line as possible? Something that I like the most?

--implosion
provided

Return to “General Discussion”