DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:59 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1096, The Last Knight wrote:Okay, I tried to do a "spoiler" to make that post less annoying to read and my forum-noob is slipping...
In post 1097, Nero Cain wrote:
stuff here
or
Spoiler:
other stuff here

Also hit preview so you can use buttons if not wanting to type tags
@TLK,when in doubt use the 2nd one [spoiler
=
] as opposed to the first one
because it’s extremely hard to look it up, from a mobile device or tablet.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1099, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 150, DrewVa wrote:
In post 37, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 36, The Last Knight wrote:/in dis shit
Feel free to give this guy a lot of crap in game. He’s my noob friend. (He’s pretty good at mafia, just never played forum mafia.
Oh, I didn’t know he’s a newb at forum mafia. @The Last Knight, what KIND of mafia have you played before and how is forum mafia different for you?
In post 151, Elsa Jay wrote:Pretty sure you gotta ask that in the actual thread, DrewVa, lol.
:lol:

Thanks. :oops:
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

My job is to be useless and fetch quotes sometimes for friends. Also be entertaining.

By the way, hypothetically, if I had a gun, who would be opposed if I shot Nero Cain?
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

much OMGUS
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1103, Nero Cain wrote:much OMGUS
Much doubt, you have, to discredit the idea.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What am I discrediting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1101, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1099, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 150, DrewVa wrote:
In post 37, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 36, The Last Knight wrote:/in dis shit
Feel free to give this guy a lot of crap in game. He’s my noob friend. (He’s pretty good at mafia, just never played forum mafia.
Oh, I didn’t know he’s a newb at forum mafia. @The Last Knight, what KIND of mafia have you played before and how is forum mafia different for you?
In post 151, Elsa Jay wrote:Pretty sure you gotta ask that in the actual thread, DrewVa, lol.
:lol:

Thanks. :oops:
In post 1102, Elsa Jay wrote:My job is to be useless and fetch quotes sometimes for friends. Also be entertaining.

By the way, hypothetically, if I had a gun, who would be opposed if I shot Nero Cain?
I insist Nero be able to use Gamma as a meat shield.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1102, Elsa Jay wrote:My job is to be useless and fetch quotes sometimes for friends. Also be entertaining.

Yes I definitely would because he’s obvtown in this game.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Then who would/should I shoot? Ramcius seems too obvious.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by The Last Knight »

What makes you think he’s a 3P as opposed to scum?
Oh, I didn't mean 3P literally. I don't think multiball is a thing in this game. There were talks about it in the first 10 pages or so.

I just meant, it felt like Ramcius was scum reading me off of something you, DrewVa, told me to do. So maybe the correct term for what Ramcius is doing would be scapegoating.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1108, Elsa Jay wrote:Then who would/should I shoot? Ramcius seems too obvious.
One of Nero’s lurker slots?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1091, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1063, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1062, Gamma Emerald wrote:RFB rematch was the cowboy bebop themed game
How does that makes sense, when RFB was almost 2 years ago, way before Upick?
No...? RFB was 2017 iirc, and I think it was after
yes, it was 2017 and Upick was in February this year, so what's changed since Feb?

Also, i want to note that Gamma has no experience with scum me, so he misreading me in past was town me
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1109, The Last Knight wrote:
What makes you think he’s a 3P as opposed to scum?
Oh, I didn't mean 3P literally. I don't think multiball is a thing in this game. There were talks about it in the first 10 pages or so.

I just meant, it felt like Ramcius was scum reading me off of something you, DrewVa, told me to do. So maybe the correct term for what Ramcius is doing would be scapegoating.
I call it scummy because there is no logical correlation between the two. And making reads that imply logic but aren’t, reads scummy to me.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1094, Gamma Emerald wrote:GiFPick and RFB rematch startedthe same month
no, RFB was 2017 May i believe, Upick 2018 Feb
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1110, DrewVa wrote:One of Nero’s lurker slots?
Cheeky is p solid but I guess that also applies as a lurker slot.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I checked the front page and saw a dude named theta alpine exists, Appearantly. Guess I could shoot there.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1115, Elsa Jay wrote:I checked the front page and saw a dude named theta alpine exists, Appearantly. Guess I could shoot there.
Hmmm . . . very weak townlean based on a couple of HER posts. TA frequently gets wrongly scumread as town. I would probably give her at least another day to clarify her alignment.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Then one of the emperors? Work with me here drew.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1117, Elsa Jay wrote:Then one of the emperors? Work with me here drew.
Who is flippynips and will he have the power to every day early, like he threatened to do today?

DVa’s initial vote was on ENG but think you should an easy ISO of the lurker slots and see which one made the scummiest sounding posts?
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:20 pm

In post 444, Ramcius wrote:
In post 426, DrewVa wrote:
In post 422, Ramcius wrote:
In post 415, Thanos wrote:
In post 30, DrewVa wrote:VOTE: Emperors New Groove
From a scum POV, not voting in the main thread is probably an important mechanic they would've discussed if they had pre-game chat. This looks like a townslip, DrewVa is likely town.
i don't like this. Assumption on scum having pre game chat and votes in main thread do nothing, so why scum wouldn't make them in RVS stage?
What part don’t you like - the townread on us, or you dislike this post?

But it is mentioned in the setup, so the read should be more nuanced, like could they tell, if we made the “townslip” by play or is the townread solely based on just mechanics?
I don't like how he jumped to conclusion from purely speculations on what scum might had and what they might talked.
Here, Ramcius says he doesn't like when people jump to conclusions on what they "maybe said [sic]."
In post 680, Ramcius wrote:
In post 678, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 677, Ramcius wrote:
In post 676, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Nero and RCE are either of you TRing Ramcius?

~ C
if you have concerns about my play, you can ask me directly
Why do one thing per post when I can do many?

Here is my problem - I scumread you based on an ISO skim, I would say it's a tonal thing but even that's a bit of a reach for a description. Since I'm not familiar with you, wouldn't it make sense to ask others what they think? If I ask you, you're bound to tell me this is your towngame regardless of alignment. BUT I guess we could exchange reads instead.

Who are your top two scumreads/townreads?

~ C
I'm not bound to anything, especially, when this isn't my towngame.

As for reads, i really dislike what Elsa is doing, i can't think for second one that i feel strong to be scum, Last Knight maybe? I remember having strange feeling about him
Townreads - RCE, i liked his answer about antitown thing and BEF, don't think scum would be so opportunistic
At this point, Ramcius starts off by saying that Cheeky Dancer may as well ask him directly to clarify his own playstyle. This doesn't make much sense to me since one should always just claim town, which Ramcius eventually contradicts by the end of this exchange, but still only in what seems to me to be an attempt to play devil's advocate to Cheeky.
In post 793, Ramcius wrote:
In post 770, RCEnigma wrote:Tlk hasn't been back and is my only strong scumread. The bunch of slots dicking around and then scumreading the other slots dicking around for dicking around is annoying but nai for now.

Elsa's get Bef lynched schtick is already old. I encourage slots to continue scumreading me without engaging me or asking my views, specifically my reasoning for townreading BEF.

The exceptions are Nero who has engaged me in a way that I find kind of townie, and cheeky who hasn't expressed a scumread on me, though I feel she is trending that way. She's at least trying to get her scumreads views of the game.

Other townie slots:

I like McQueen, Alonzo, warming up to Almost Chara, Nev is probably spewed town like I said before, and Bef is town.

Liked Ramcius for town early but that dropped some pages agk for reasons I can't recall at the moment but I'll iso to figure it out later.
what is your read on Elsa?
Now Ramcius contradicts himself by asking someone else to read Elsa, rather than ask Elsa himself, which is what he just told to do (shown above).
In post 802, Ramcius wrote:
In post 801, RCEnigma wrote:I don't have a read on Elsa. I don't know their style and I have only been in one game where they replaced into an IC role. Though the game was pretty much over.
So Elsa hindering our progress with her schticks isn't an issue to you, dully noted
Now, after asking someone to give a read on Elsa, Ramcius gets aggressive when they don't have the same opinion and leaves an ominous threat in retaliation.
In post 1031, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1025, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1015, davesaz wrote:
In post 976, DrewVa wrote: Saying, Xslot can die can be townie. OTOH, saying I want Xslot dead, gives me the heebie jeebies.
Leaving aside who xslot is in relationship to the saying, how is one different than the other?
I can anticipate an answer but would like to hear what you think.
Well, I’ve heard townies say the former, more than the latter and the converse, for scum. There are obviously always exceptions but I think it holds in general.
Pile me under exception, I know better than even remotely try PL as a scum
And finally, Ramcius labels himself as an exception to a rule while he contracts himself on this very point in the quotes I've listed above. Meanwhile, he is blatantly PL me based on DrewVa's post (I went into further detail about this in a past post if anyone wants to iso me and find it).

I've been pretty interested in Ramcius lately and the hypocrisy that he displays with aplomb. So I think I'll change my vote to him.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Something_Smart (1) -- Something_Smart
The Last Knight (4) -- RCEnigma, Elsa Jay, profii, Karmeleon
Karmeleon (1) -- Ramcius
Alonzo (1) -- Emperors New Groove
Ramcius (3) -- DrewVa, Gamma Emerald, The Last Knight

Unknown: Thanos, Ultimate Liars, McQueen, Davesaz, Almost Chara, Cheeky Dancer, Thea Alpine, Xtoxm, BrightEyedFish, Nev and Max, Emperor FlippyNips, Alonzo, Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

My vote is currently sitting on RCE but I'd be ok with any of the slots I listed earlier. Of those Ram is the only one with a wagon on him.

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1119, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 444, Ramcius wrote:
In post 426, DrewVa wrote:
In post 422, Ramcius wrote:
In post 415, Thanos wrote:
In post 30, DrewVa wrote:VOTE: Emperors New Groove
From a scum POV, not voting in the main thread is probably an important mechanic they would've discussed if they had pre-game chat. This looks like a townslip, DrewVa is likely town.
i don't like this. Assumption on scum having pre game chat and votes in main thread do nothing, so why scum wouldn't make them in RVS stage?
What part don’t you like - the townread on us, or you dislike this post?

But it is mentioned in the setup, so the read should be more nuanced, like could they tell, if we made the “townslip” by play or is the townread solely based on just mechanics?
I don't like how he jumped to conclusion from purely speculations on what scum might had and what they might talked.
Here, Ramcius says he doesn't like when people jump to conclusions on what they "maybe said [sic]."
In post 680, Ramcius wrote:
In post 678, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 677, Ramcius wrote:
In post 676, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Nero and RCE are either of you TRing Ramcius?

~ C
if you have concerns about my play, you can ask me directly
Why do one thing per post when I can do many?

Here is my problem - I scumread you based on an ISO skim, I would say it's a tonal thing but even that's a bit of a reach for a description. Since I'm not familiar with you, wouldn't it make sense to ask others what they think? If I ask you, you're bound to tell me this is your towngame regardless of alignment. BUT I guess we could exchange reads instead.

Who are your top two scumreads/townreads?

~ C
I'm not bound to anything, especially, when this isn't my towngame.

As for reads, i really dislike what Elsa is doing, i can't think for second one that i feel strong to be scum, Last Knight maybe? I remember having strange feeling about him
Townreads - RCE, i liked his answer about antitown thing and BEF, don't think scum would be so opportunistic
At this point, Ramcius starts off by saying that Cheeky Dancer may as well ask him directly to clarify his own playstyle. This doesn't make much sense to me since one should always just claim town, which Ramcius eventually contradicts by the end of this exchange, but still only in what seems to me to be an attempt to play devil's advocate to Cheeky.
In post 793, Ramcius wrote:
In post 770, RCEnigma wrote:Tlk hasn't been back and is my only strong scumread. The bunch of slots dicking around and then scumreading the other slots dicking around for dicking around is annoying but nai for now.

Elsa's get Bef lynched schtick is already old. I encourage slots to continue scumreading me without engaging me or asking my views, specifically my reasoning for townreading BEF.

The exceptions are Nero who has engaged me in a way that I find kind of townie, and cheeky who hasn't expressed a scumread on me, though I feel she is trending that way. She's at least trying to get her scumreads views of the game.

Other townie slots:

I like McQueen, Alonzo, warming up to Almost Chara, Nev is probably spewed town like I said before, and Bef is town.

Liked Ramcius for town early but that dropped some pages agk for reasons I can't recall at the moment but I'll iso to figure it out later.
what is your read on Elsa?
Now Ramcius contradicts himself by asking someone else to read Elsa, rather than ask Elsa himself, which is what he just told to do (shown above).
In post 802, Ramcius wrote:
In post 801, RCEnigma wrote:I don't have a read on Elsa. I don't know their style and I have only been in one game where they replaced into an IC role. Though the game was pretty much over.
So Elsa hindering our progress with her schticks isn't an issue to you, dully noted
Now, after asking someone to give a read on Elsa, Ramcius gets aggressive when they don't have the same opinion and leaves an ominous threat in retaliation.
In post 1031, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1025, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1015, davesaz wrote:
In post 976, DrewVa wrote: Saying, Xslot can die can be townie. OTOH, saying I want Xslot dead, gives me the heebie jeebies.
Leaving aside who xslot is in relationship to the saying, how is one different than the other?
I can anticipate an answer but would like to hear what you think.
Well, I’ve heard townies say the former, more than the latter and the converse, for scum. There are obviously always exceptions but I think it holds in general.
Pile me under exception, I know better than even remotely try PL as a scum
And finally, Ramcius labels himself as an exception to a rule while he contracts himself on this very point in the quotes I've listed above. Meanwhile, he is blatantly PL me based on DrewVa's post (I went into further detail about this in a past post if anyone wants to iso me and find it).

I've been pretty interested in Ramcius lately and the hypocrisy that he displays with aplomb. So I think I'll change my vote to him.
I agree with you wrt all of the contradictions and his read on you, reads more opportunistically self-pres than a “policy lynch” but yeah his aggressive pushes - are not on everyone. He hasn’t been aggressive with our slot for example, even in the slightest. Ram is only agressive with slots. he thinks he can push and RCE is obviously one of them. His vote on obvtown Karmelon is really bad and I don’t understand his scumread on Gamma.

Like his shading of RCE in that quote, clearly makes no sense. It wouldn’t at all shock me if Ram were to flip scum here.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1121, Nero Cain wrote:My vote is currently sitting on RCE but I'd be ok with any of the slots I listed earlier. Of those Ram is the only one with a wagon on him.
Read TLK’s case on him. I think you’ll see that he is clearly scummier than RCE, who based on this interaction, reads pretty townie by comparison.

I feel a lot better about Ram flipping scum, than I do about RCE.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

i'm also townreading TLK here. especially with the context of his mafia experience.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1