Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

already changed my vote dear. No point in vanity voting RCE and I guess Ram's scumflip makes RCE a green pm.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by The Last Knight »

In post 1101, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1099, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 150, DrewVa wrote:
In post 37, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 36, The Last Knight wrote:/in dis shit
Feel free to give this guy a lot of crap in game. He’s my noob friend. (He’s pretty good at mafia, just never played forum mafia.
Oh, I didn’t know he’s a newb at forum mafia. @The Last Knight, what KIND of mafia have you played before and how is forum mafia different for you?
In post 151, Elsa Jay wrote:Pretty sure you gotta ask that in the actual thread, DrewVa, lol.
:lol:

Thanks. :oops:
I've played bits of mafia in person with friends but not as often as I'd like. I've been playing some Secret Hitler lately and that's one I like because of the extra effects that occur after a vote has been made.

Mostly, I play this fast paced mafia that Boonskiies made up that is with only 3 or 4 players. It's nice because you can play a lot of games really fast but it forms bad habits, like claiming scum, because the roles are all on equal footing (e.g. scum doesn't know if there are any other scum on their team). It's similar to this game actually because there is a pool of roles that can be in the game but never all the roles at once.

Probably my favorite mafia-like game is Bang! because I love card games and Bang! takes the mafia rules while using the card resource really well. It forces people to claim one way or the other but it just also requires everyone to be pretty experienced and know what they're doing. The characters having special abilities is cool too because they can be better or worse for you depending on which role you get.

Anyone else play Bang! ?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1119, The Last Knight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 444, Ramcius wrote:
In post 426, DrewVa wrote:
In post 422, Ramcius wrote:
In post 415, Thanos wrote:
In post 30, DrewVa wrote:VOTE: Emperors New Groove
From a scum POV, not voting in the main thread is probably an important mechanic they would've discussed if they had pre-game chat. This looks like a townslip, DrewVa is likely town.
i don't like this. Assumption on scum having pre game chat and votes in main thread do nothing, so why scum wouldn't make them in RVS stage?
What part don’t you like - the townread on us, or you dislike this post?

But it is mentioned in the setup, so the read should be more nuanced, like could they tell, if we made the “townslip” by play or is the townread solely based on just mechanics?
I don't like how he jumped to conclusion from purely speculations on what scum might had and what they might talked.
Here, Ramcius says he doesn't like when people jump to conclusions on what they "maybe said [sic]."
In post 680, Ramcius wrote:
In post 678, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 677, Ramcius wrote:
In post 676, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Nero and RCE are either of you TRing Ramcius?

~ C
if you have concerns about my play, you can ask me directly
Why do one thing per post when I can do many?

Here is my problem - I scumread you based on an ISO skim, I would say it's a tonal thing but even that's a bit of a reach for a description. Since I'm not familiar with you, wouldn't it make sense to ask others what they think? If I ask you, you're bound to tell me this is your towngame regardless of alignment. BUT I guess we could exchange reads instead.

Who are your top two scumreads/townreads?

~ C
I'm not bound to anything, especially, when this isn't my towngame.

As for reads, i really dislike what Elsa is doing, i can't think for second one that i feel strong to be scum, Last Knight maybe? I remember having strange feeling about him
Townreads - RCE, i liked his answer about antitown thing and BEF, don't think scum would be so opportunistic
At this point, Ramcius starts off by saying that Cheeky Dancer may as well ask him directly to clarify his own playstyle. This doesn't make much sense to me since one should always just claim town, which Ramcius eventually contradicts by the end of this exchange, but still only in what seems to me to be an attempt to play devil's advocate to Cheeky.
In post 793, Ramcius wrote:
In post 770, RCEnigma wrote:Tlk hasn't been back and is my only strong scumread. The bunch of slots dicking around and then scumreading the other slots dicking around for dicking around is annoying but nai for now.

Elsa's get Bef lynched schtick is already old. I encourage slots to continue scumreading me without engaging me or asking my views, specifically my reasoning for townreading BEF.

The exceptions are Nero who has engaged me in a way that I find kind of townie, and cheeky who hasn't expressed a scumread on me, though I feel she is trending that way. She's at least trying to get her scumreads views of the game.

Other townie slots:

I like McQueen, Alonzo, warming up to Almost Chara, Nev is probably spewed town like I said before, and Bef is town.

Liked Ramcius for town early but that dropped some pages agk for reasons I can't recall at the moment but I'll iso to figure it out later.
what is your read on Elsa?
Now Ramcius contradicts himself by asking someone else to read Elsa, rather than ask Elsa himself, which is what he just told to do (shown above).
In post 802, Ramcius wrote:
In post 801, RCEnigma wrote:I don't have a read on Elsa. I don't know their style and I have only been in one game where they replaced into an IC role. Though the game was pretty much over.
So Elsa hindering our progress with her schticks isn't an issue to you, dully noted
Now, after asking someone to give a read on Elsa, Ramcius gets aggressive when they don't have the same opinion and leaves an ominous threat in retaliation.
In post 1031, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1025, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1015, davesaz wrote:
In post 976, DrewVa wrote: Saying, Xslot can die can be townie. OTOH, saying I want Xslot dead, gives me the heebie jeebies.
Leaving aside who xslot is in relationship to the saying, how is one different than the other?
I can anticipate an answer but would like to hear what you think.
Well, I’ve heard townies say the former, more than the latter and the converse, for scum. There are obviously always exceptions but I think it holds in general.
Pile me under exception, I know better than even remotely try PL as a scum
And finally, Ramcius labels himself as an exception to a rule while he contracts himself on this very point in the quotes I've listed above. Meanwhile, he is blatantly PL me based on DrewVa's post (I went into further detail about this in a past post if anyone wants to iso me and find it).

I've been pretty interested in Ramcius lately and the hypocrisy that he displays with aplomb. So I think I'll change my vote to him.
Yes, i don't like, when people make conclusion purely from speculations without any basis, why that's wrong?

What i contradict? That my playstyle wasn't my usual town at that time? I guess you know better my townplay than I

Cheeky wasn't talking to me, so i had to ask. But i was speaking with Elsa way before that, how that's a contradiction?

I don't even comment on RCE quote

I have no clue what are you talking, only PL i wanted was Elsa, not you, i never expressed intend to vote you, what PL we even talking? Also, have you seen me trying PL someone as a scum to say it was a lie?

Only thing that i said was that i dislike how people suddenly got interested in me, when your wagon grew, i. e. i'm becoming your counterwagon
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1125, Nero Cain wrote:already changed my vote dear. No point in vanity voting RCE and I guess Ram's scumflip makes RCE a green pm.
And what my townflip gives you?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1125, Nero Cain wrote:already changed my vote dear. No point in vanity voting RCE and I guess Ram's scumflip makes RCE a green pm.
Yeah, not seeing them as w/w here.

That’s one of the main things that pinged me the most, his completely non-sensical push on onvtown Karmeleon for reasons that made absolutely no sense. I honestly would be extremely surprised, if Ram flips green here. Saying, what he did to Karmelon - that it’s townier to “lynch” scum, than to “find” them, reads like a convenient excuse to to confibias and rationalize pushing probable mislynches.

Oh and,

D’awwe. :oops:
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1109, The Last Knight wrote:
What makes you think he’s a 3P as opposed to scum?
Oh, I didn't mean 3P literally. I don't think multiball is a thing in this game. There were talks about it in the first 10 pages or so.

I just meant, it felt like Ramcius was scum reading me off of something you, DrewVa, told me to do. So maybe the correct term for what Ramcius is doing would be scapegoating.
From a scum POV, not voting in the main thread is probably an important mechanic they would've discussed if they had pre-game chat. This looks like a townslip, DrewVa is likely town.
i don't like this. Assumption on scum having pre game chat and votes in main thread do nothing, so why scum wouldn't make them in RVS stage?

But it is mentioned in the setup, so the read should be more nuanced, like could they tell, if we made the “townslip” by play or is the townread solely based on just mechanics?
I don't like how he jumped to conclusion from purely speculations on what scum might had and what they might talked.
Here, Ramcius says he doesn't like when people jump to conclusions on what they "maybe said [sic]."

~ C

Here is my problem - I scumread you based on an ISO skim, I would say it's a tonal thing but even that's a bit of a reach for a description. Since I'm not familiar with you, wouldn't it make sense to ask others what they think? If I ask you, you're bound to tell me this is your towngame regardless of alignment. BUT I guess we could exchange reads instead.

~ C

As for reads, i really dislike what Elsa is doing, i can't think for second one that i feel strong to be scum, Last Knight maybe? I remember having strange feeling about him
Townreads - RCE, i liked his answer about antitown thing and BEF, don't think scum would be so opportunistic
At this point, Ramcius starts off by saying that Cheeky Dancer may as well ask him directly to clarify his own playstyle. This doesn't make much sense to me since one should always just claim town, which Ramcius eventually contradicts by the end of this exchange, but still only in what seems to me to be an attempt to play devil's advocate to Cheeky.
In post 770, RCEnigma wrote:Tlk hasn't been back and is my only strong scumread. The bunch of slots dicking around and then scumreading the other slots dicking around for dicking around is annoying but nai for now.

Elsa's get Bef lynched schtick is already old. I encourage slots to continue scumreading me without engaging me or asking my views, specifically my reasoning for townreading BEF.

The exceptions are Nero who has engaged me in a way that I find kind of townie, and cheeky who hasn't expressed a scumread on me, though I feel she is trending that way. She's at least trying to get her scumreads views of the game.

Other townie slots:

I like McQueen, Alonzo, warming up to Almost Chara, Nev is probably spewed town like I said before, and Bef is town.

Liked Ramcius for town early but that dropped some pages agk for reasons I can't recall at the moment but I'll iso to figure it out later.
Now Ramcius contradicts himself by asking someone else to read Elsa, rather than ask Elsa himself, which is what he just told to do (shown above).
In post 801, RCEnigma wrote:I don't have a read on Elsa. I don't know their style and I have only been in one game where they replaced into an IC role. Though the game was pretty much over.
So Elsa hindering our progress with her schticks isn't an issue to you, dully noted
Now, after asking someone to give a read on Elsa, Ramcius gets aggressive when they don't have the same opinion and leaves an ominous threat in retaliation.
In post 976, DrewVa wrote: Saying, Xslot can die can be townie. OTOH, saying I want Xslot dead, gives me the heebie jeebies.
Leaving aside who xslot is in relationship to the saying, how is one different than the other?
Well, I’ve heard townies say the former, more than the latter and the converse, for scum. There are obviously always exceptions but I think it holds in general.
And finally, Ramcius labels himself as an exception to a rule while he contracts himself on this very point in the quotes I've listed above. Meanwhile, he is blatantly PL me based on DrewVa's post (I went into further detail about this in a past post if anyone wants to iso me and find it).

I've been pretty interested in Ramcius lately and the hypocrisy that he displays with aplomb. So I think I'll change my vote to him.
Am I reading this right DrewVa is a shit stirrer?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by DrewVa »

~ C

~ C

Wrt the bolded, possible slip?
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

Spoiler:
In post 1130, Alonzo wrote:
Oh, I didn't mean 3P literally. I don't think multiball is a thing in this game. There were talks about it in the first 10 pages or so.

I just meant, it felt like Ramcius was scum reading me off of something you, DrewVa, told me to do. So maybe the correct term for what Ramcius is doing would be scapegoating.

~ C

~ C

Other townie slots:

Why do you quote long posts just to post one-liners?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1130, Alonzo wrote:

~ C

~ C

Other townie slots:

If Ram flips red, I think people should take another look at you.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Yeah, I see that bold type as a likely scumslip, DrewVa.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

Stop
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1135, Karmeleon wrote:Stop
Sorry, I read your post, AFTER I posted that.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1134, The Last Knight wrote:Yeah, I see that bold type as a likely scumslip, DrewVa.
That caught my eye right away. When does town ever say that this isn’t their town game?
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:16 pm

In post 1121, Nero Cain wrote:My vote is currently sitting on RCE but I'd be ok with any of the slots I listed earlier. Of those Ram is the only one with a wagon on him.
Based on context, I can't tell if you want to vote RCE still, want to vote Ram, or are purposely being vague. But if you want me to add you to the unofficial VC, I can do that for you. I just don't want to misrepresent your vote.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

I think Something_Smart is being ignored for some reason.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Spoiler:
In post 1131, DrewVa wrote:

~ C

~ C

Spoiler:
Townreads - RCE, i liked his answer about antitown thing and BEF, don't think scum would be so opportunistic[/quote][/spoiler]

Wrt the bolded, possible slip?[/quote]

In case, anyone missed it.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Ramcius »

Saying that it isn't my town meta, when i play differently from my normal town playstyle is a scumslip?

I dunno if i should laugh or cry
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1138, The Last Knight wrote:
In post 1121, Nero Cain wrote:My vote is currently sitting on RCE but I'd be ok with any of the slots I listed earlier. Of those Ram is the only one with a wagon on him.
Based on context, I can't tell if you want to vote RCE still, want to vote Ram, or are purposely being vague. But if you want me to add you to the unofficial VC, I can do that for you. I just don't want to misrepresent your vote.
I think he’s being pretty clear here. I think TLK is town. I don’t see this type of thing coming from scum.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1141, Ramcius wrote:Saying that it isn't my town meta, when i play differently from my normal town playstyle is a scumslip?

You don’t think it’s a weird thing to say? You left out any sort of townie modifiers like “usual” or “typical”, which wouldn’t make it a slip. You straight up said, it wasn’t your towngame. Yep, looks like a slip to me.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 1141, Ramcius wrote:Saying that it isn't my town meta, when i play differently from my normal town playstyle is a scumslip?

The way it is worded is weird. I thought you meant scumgame tbh.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

Checked Thanos' ISO. Should I be worried when only one head is posting?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I think Auro is the one putting a signature while the ones without a Sig are the other guy.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Karmeleon »

Only Auro seems to be actually posting though, maybe not even Auro.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1103, Nero Cain wrote:much OMGUS
Afraid of getting hip fired again? :lol:
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1133, DrewVa wrote:If Ram flips red, I think people should take another look at you.
You'd be more believable if you came out and just said 'I'm having trouble sorting Alonzo'

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”