Marathon Weekend Open Setup Group

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I am interested, it is very dependent on my schedule but I will totally do this if I'm available when it goes on.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am

Marathon weekends have this knack for falling on weekends when I'm not available. :?

Can't commit to anything yet, sorry. If I am free though, I'm down to play or mod basically whatever.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:01 am

Here's a setup I made up a while ago that we could try (obviously, I'll be running it concurrently in the micro queue). I can make a discussion thread for it if people want.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:16 am

In post 116, the worst wrote:I do think that the 6:9 half mast madness was a success, in several ways.
okay maybe it was impressive that we got that many players together for that long, but I have to point this out for anyone who's considering something similar in the future:

Never ever ever EVER
EVER
run a 15-player nightless marathon game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 am

The game lasted 7 game days, 3 hours, and 60 pages... if it had gone to LYLO it could have lasted almost 6 hours.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 am

Any ideas on how we can avoid the fiasco that was half mast nightless?

I'm thinking that the best option is to, when you start to take signups for a game, set a player range (like 9-13) and specify exactly what setup will be played at each player count, and then refuse to take signups beyond the maximum.

And, uh, don't run any nightless games with more than like 10 players.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 am

I kinda want to run this. Silly theme notwithstanding, I think the idea is cool.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”