she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1262, BrightEyedFish wrote:
Spoiler: because it was going to clutter the post otherwise
First off, I tend to always overestimate town and underestimate scum. So this post will be full of tinfoil and WIFOM stuff but it's where my fish head is at right now

The hidden vote system hurts both town and scum but I think it makes it a little harder for scum in the long term. They can't just sheep somewhere in the middle of a wagon and say "oops" when the lynched player flips town. They has less excuses to use the following day after a mislynch.

So this is the list of people who have made their votes public. It's around 50% or the player list. So going on that sample size, statistically speaking I would suspect at least 50% of scum to have done the same, so I would say in this list there are at least 2-3 scum.

Something_Smart
RCEnigma
Elsa Jay
profii
Karmeleon
Ramcius
Emperors New Groove
DrewVa
Gamma Emerald
The Last Knight
Nero Cain
Nev and Max

I have switched my vote 3-4 times so far this game and all of the people that I have voted are in this list. So that makes me think my reads are going places. If you have ISO's me then you can probably find my top scumreads throughout the game, though some have changed and some are still developing. ANd since I am a proponent of the hidden vote system I do not wish to publicly announce my votes as of now. I wish more people would keep their votes hidden, at least for the remainder of this day so that after the lynch and any NKs we will have a solid VCA to start with come D2. Perhaps once we get into D2 and further it may make more sense to share where we are voting. But for now I will stay silent on that front.
i was going to say that you forgot me
but i actually did not use vote tags so that is understandable
i merely stated who i was voting

also
mod is mafia had the same situation with votecounts being primarily player-run [the mod did occasionally give votecounts but not often]
the major issue in that game was that both of the people doing it were scum
and people made the assumption that not lying = not scum

the problem i can see happening here is that people are going to forget to mention their vote here
or vote here and then forget to vote in their confessional
and that means that unless it is particularly egregious [or obviously coordinated] then lying about your vote does not necessarily mean someone is scum
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:30 am

Post by davesaz »

That's a good post but which side does it help more?

Scumlean on DrewVa, based on their seeming eagerness to obfuscate.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1270, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1220, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1207, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1206, Alonzo wrote:How is wanting Elsa dead alignment indicative?
Its what we call a "dick move" around here to kill the town clown.
We call getting rid of dead weight here and trying to win actual game
He's calling me dead weight. He's adorable, but probably filled with rabies. We gotta get him checked up.
Btw the use of the term town clown rustles my jimmies actually a lot
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you vote in here you can c/p your vote to your confessional lol ez
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:24 am

Post by The Last Knight »

By posting the VC, I'm just trying to do something that I believe is helpful for the town. I've gone into more detail on my thoughts wrt publicly announcing our votes, but I just think a vague wagon is healthy in order to keep the scum from having a better chance of getting the lynch. I don't think all votes should be public though and that is why I have been doing my best to add only those to the list who seem to acknowledge and consent to it.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 am

In post 1188, Theta Alpine wrote:going to pop in and note that i also do not get the ram scum reads
and also that i am currently voting rcenigma

i am also going to take a page from mod is mafia and note that if we do vote counts ourselves we need to have multiple people doing it
based on that game it was extremely easy to town-read players for an action that is actually not alignment indicative
Something_Smart (1) -- Something_Smart
The Last Knight (4) -- RCEnigma, Elsa Jay, profii, Karmeleon
Karmeleon (1) -- Ramcius
Alonzo (1) -- Emperors New Groove
Ramcius (4) -- DrewVa, Gamma Emerald, The Last Knight, Nero Cain
BrightEyedFish (1) -- Nev and Max
RCEnigma (1) -- Theta Alpine

Unknown: Thanos, Ultimate Liars, McQueen, Davesaz, Almost Chara, Cheeky Dancer, Thea Alpine, Xtoxm, BrightEyedFish, Emperor FlippyNips, Alonzo
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Alonzo »

Unknown lol!

Have a guess...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

TLK. I have a question. I made that self-vote very early on as self-admittedly half a joke egopost and the other half a reaction test. I also said that I understand that's not how real votes were placed. When you put your votecounts together, why did you not even ask if I had actually voted myself in my confessional before writing my vote there?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Lamees »

Lol
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1255, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1248, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1247, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1242, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1237, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1230, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1228, Ramcius wrote:i guess i'll put DrewVa to my scum pool now, this broken record act getting really old
So my being convinced you’re probably scum here, defacto makes me scum.

Do you understand what OMGUS means?
I understand, but it isn't OMGUS, i just believe you and TLK are scumbuddies, you literally accept all his shade towards me and ignore all arguments i give against it
So, if I agree with someone, that makes us “buddies”? I have no idea what TLK is but yeah, I did think his reasoning wrt your posts made sense.

Okay, what are your arguments contradicting his?
Do i really have to repeat everything i posted in response to him? Is this your admit that you haven't read my response s and pursue me without reading my defence?
I’m asking you a question. You should read it as, I’m asking you a question.
Considering i gave response to all his accusations, and to "contradiction" i gave answer twice, yours asking me again is strange, don't you think so?

If you have something else to ask, or my answer was clear enough, you can make summary and i try answer as best as i can to all your concerns
It would just make it easier for me, if you could summarize your basic points.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1256, Thanos wrote:
In post 1252, DrewVa wrote:Yes but I would but then have to dig through every game I’ve ever played in, to do that. You either believe me or you don’t. It’s really that simple.
Well, I don't buy that anyone made a slip of that specific nature ("this isn't my towngame") as scum; if you can back that up it'll lend some amount of credibility but as far as my judgment of the legitimacy of the slip itself goes, it doesn't look like one. Also, this is a very weak push.

~A
I am not looking through every game I’ve ever played to find them but yes, I have seen plenty of examples of this.

And I really DGAF what you think about that.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1257, Thanos wrote:
In post 1254, DrewVa wrote:I think you really are trolling us now. You actually think it was a serious question? Like for realz?
I'd appreciate it if the game had less fluff or irrelevant content, since it's already hard to keep up with, then.

~A
That’s why I told you to ask Alonzo. :facepalm:
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1258, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1252, DrewVa wrote:Yes but I would but then have to dig through every game I’ve ever played in, to do that. You either believe me or you don’t. It’s really that simple.
Well, I don't buy that anyone made a slip of that specific nature ("this isn't my towngame") as scum; if you can back that up it'll lend some amount of credibility but as far as my judgment of the legitimacy of the slip itself goes, it doesn't look like one. Also, this is a very weak push.

~A
DrewVa vent even further and said scumslip was that I didn't used "typical" as in "it's not my typical towngame"
And that doesn’t make any sense to you, why exactly?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:17 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1259, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1252, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1250, Thanos wrote:
In post 1246, DrewVa wrote:At worst, I’m not wrong. At best, it’s NAI. Because I have seen it happen, more often than not.
The current subject is the legitimacy of the alleged "scumslip".
What you're saying in the quoted can be applied to anything anyone said.
(Assuming by "it" you refer to slips like this)
If you have seen slips highly similar to this one, can you quote them?

~A
Yes but I would but then have to dig through every game I’ve ever played in, to do that. You either believe me or you don’t. It’s really that simple.
I mean if you want people to believe you on that bringing evidence is a lot more convincing. I'm inclined to agree with Thanos (on the original point).
Here, i'll go first...Evidence of me digging through my game history in previous games to back up my argument that I was witnessing scum indicative behavior. And, um, me doing it right now to back up this argument? that i'm making.
Exhibit 1
Exhibit 2
Right, your turn? :)
*he says pessimistically*
Look, I don’t know if it’s an actual scumslip but I have seen slips like this many times in previous games I’ve played. If I knew an easy way to dig them up I would. I have a really good memory of these things but it would like take me longer than the ultimate course of this game, to look them up. But the alleged “slip”, is just one reason I am suspicious of Ram. It’s also the bad pushes, that haven’t made much sense to me. He said Karmelon “slipped”, iirc but I couldn’t find any such slip.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:18 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1260, Thanos wrote:
In post 1258, Ramcius wrote:DrewVa vent even further and said scumslip was that I didn't used "typical" as in "it's not my typical towngame"
I did read that.
DrewVa's asking you for your defense against TLK when it's so easy to read your ISO and find and makes her push seem lazy, and the lack of willingness to back her claim of seeing similar scumslips is bothersome.

The feeble push here with that serious tone feels a bit scum-motivated to me *shrug*

~A
It’s okay Auro, we both know you have no clue how to read me.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1284, DrewVa wrote:
it would be easier to me, if you just find my answer to all TLK accusations, it's in one post
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1290, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1284, DrewVa wrote:
it would be easier to me, if you just find my answer to all TLK accusations, it's in one post
It’s not for me because it’s easier for ME to make sense of them, APART from TLK’s posts. It’s obviously up to you though. *shrug*
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1282, Something_Smart wrote:TLK. I have a question. I made that self-vote very early on as self-admittedly half a joke egopost and the other half a reaction test. I also said that I understand that's not how real votes were placed. When you put your votecounts together, why did you not even ask if I had actually voted myself in my confessional before writing my vote there?
I'm going to have to wade in here. If your clear use of vote tags should be disregarded as a joke, at what point do you draw the line between assuming a vote is a joke and a vote is real? The most sensible course of action is to take literal votes at face value, and you told us that you're voting yourself. If you don't want that in the artificial VC, go ahead and change it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:35 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1292, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1282, Something_Smart wrote:TLK. I have a question. I made that self-vote very early on as self-admittedly half a joke egopost and the other half a reaction test. I also said that I understand that's not how real votes were placed. When you put your votecounts together, why did you not even ask if I had actually voted myself in my confessional before writing my vote there?
I'm going to have to wade in here. If your clear use of vote tags should be disregarded as a joke, at what point do you draw the line between assuming a vote is a joke and a vote is real? The most sensible course of action is to take literal votes at face value, and you told us that you're voting yourself. If you don't want that in the artificial VC, go ahead and change it.
@Something_Smart, who are you voting for, in your ACTUAL confessional?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1287, DrewVa wrote:

~A
DrewVa vent even further and said scumslip was that I didn't used "typical" as in "it's not my typical towngame"
i will answer this one - i didn't used "typical" or any other similar word, because Cheeky didn't used it in their question. Now you would say it doesn't make sense, but english isn't my first language, so when i have answer question, i look for what i was asked. I often forget some things like "the" and such, english grammar is a bit different from my native, so adding extra details, when they wasn't included in question simply doesn't come to my mind. Cheeky said towngame, so i say towngame, on top of that it's easier to understand each other, when you use same wording
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 am

Post by profii »

I think you’re supposed to use this excuse AFTER you said you were voting X and the flip revealed you to be on player Y
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 am

I took a template and copied it, to be honest, and your name was right there at the top. I did think about taking your vote off but it also seemed like an obvious enough joke. I figured I could leave it there and change it later if/when you decided to go public. Just a sillier unknown.

I want to address the last sentence specifically though, because I don't think these VC are necessarily confessional votes. But if someone did vote here and was contradicted later, it gives some nice info on D2.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 am

In post 1292, Xtoxm wrote:
But also this. I may be the only one keeping track of the VC, but anyone can do it. I just try to notice when someone throws in a vote, especially when the VC is quoted. So I just update it. You can change your stance at any time, just like in your confessional.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Is it ok if I townbin all of (SS, Profii, TLK)?
<Embrace The Void>

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:52 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1294, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1287, DrewVa wrote:

~A
i will answer this one - i didn't used "typical" or any other similar word, because Cheeky didn't used it in their question. Now you would say it doesn't make sense, but english isn't my first language, so when i have answer question, i look for what i was asked. I often forget some things like "the" and such, english grammar is a bit different from my native, so adding extra details, when they wasn't included in question simply doesn't come to my mind. Cheeky said towngame, so i say towngame, on top of that it's easier to understand each other, when you use same wording
Okay, fair enough. I didn’t take that into account. However, for native English speakers, what I said, has been demonstrated to be correct. more often than not.

I honestly don’t understand. either yours or Alonzo’s pushes this game. And you accusing Karmelon of scumslipping, when I didn’t believe he had. you’re agressive response to RCE from what read to me as an entirely NAI statement. But perhas, I misunderstood why your scumread on TLK would be affected by him being the counterwagon. It didn’t make any sense to me at the time but I should have asked you to explain your reasoning for it, rather then just assume.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”