Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 1424, profii wrote:I believe by saying “I’m gonna plump for a lurker” means if you try and threaten someone - again you lose the effect

Also by going for lurkers, particularly at Xmas where there is a few scum can “randomly” pick “this one” imo
I don't think you'd lose the effect by stating that. Can easily rephrase to "This slot has been a null-scum/scumlean and hasn't contributed much afterwards".
The "randomly picking" thing can happen anyway *shrug* one thing I'm disliking about the mechanic, justifying votes in retrospect is pretty easy.

~A
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I don't have a read on ultimate liars. I have a lot of null slots and can't read all the pages so it will probably stay that way till the list thinks out.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1301, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1298, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is it ok if I townbin all of (SS, Profii, TLK)?
why SS and profii
I get the sense that they wouldn’t interact the way they did wrt the exchange on that page as scum
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Ramcius »

VOTE: Gamma

There is one thing that i didn't revealed yet about his rambling - RFB Rematch. He was townreading me in that game, i still remember how Gork was asking him about it, when Gork was pushing for my lynch D2, so how Gamma decided he can't read me after a game, where he was correct on my slot all time? Especially, when that game wasn't something you should base your reads off. 32p very large game, I get pissed off mid D1 and I stopped reading thread after no one cared about my pushes, yet he think he can't read me anymore. But we are here, he votes me, says I have some secret agenda (guess i'm jester and want get lynched D1 with my pushes).

But you are free PLing some lurker, or Alonzo, or other troll, choice is yours
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by The Last Knight »

The Last Knight (4) -- RCEnigma, Elsa Jay, profii, Karmeleon
Alonzo (2) -- Emperors New Groove, DrewVa
Ramcius (3) -- Gamma Emerald, The Last Knight, Nero Cain
BrightEyedFish (1) -- Nev and Max
RCEnigma (1) -- Theta Alpine
Gamma Emerald (2) -- Alonzo, Ramcius

Unknown: Thanos, Ultimate Liars, McQueen, Davesaz, Almost Chara, Cheeky Dancer, Thea Alpine, Xtoxm, BrightEyedFish, Emperor FlippyNips, Something_Smart
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1279, The Last Knight wrote:By posting the VC, I'm just trying to do something that I believe is helpful for
the
town.
It is helpful for town and it is helpful to scum. You just got to decide for yourself which side it helps more.

and since I did the same to DrewVa with "If", I found an interesting semantic issue with this post.

I am very interested on why you wrote
the
town. Your use of "the" makes me feel that you are separated from town.

But before we roll down the semantics road again, I know I know. But these things play important roles for myself and my reads during the first couple of days.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1397, RCEnigma wrote:Don't know if confessionals are quotable but I've been using mine to gather my thoughts and the lurkers was one of them. The chance scum is in there is pretty good but being so close to the holidays it's not going to be my day 1 push. After the holidays is another story. Ramcius is leaning town, I don't know how aggressive he is as scum though. Thanos is on the scummy side of null.
Aiuro is just naturly scummy. :P
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:02 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1415, Thanos wrote:
In post 1412, Cheeky Dancer wrote:I kinda townread this post as I remember thinking the same when I first did ISO skims like forever ago. Also don't think Hebi takes on Drewva as scum knowing they can obv town.
Is DrewVa that readable? I have one completed scumgame with DVa but I think she's not at easy to read; I'll look up scumgames of the other head, any that come to mind?
DrewVa's posts seem to contain a fair bit of fluff, and their push on Ramcius deserve some scumpoints.
I don't see a read on DrewVa in your ISO, what's your opinion of that slot?

~A
:yawn:
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1419, RCEnigma wrote:Not sure on Nancy's scumgame, I think Dva can be crafty scum. Nancy does bleed town given the right conditions and agree with cheeky that Nancy is not a good target for scum to try and isolate.
Heroes Wanted, Overkill 1 and Halloween Dance. I agree with the above but you’d be surprised how often scum still try to push me. and they always wind up regretting it, not that it stops them, though.
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:12 am

In post 1430, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1279, The Last Knight wrote:By posting the VC, I'm just trying to do something that I believe is helpful for
the
town.
It is helpful for town and it is helpful to scum. You just got to decide for yourself which side it helps more.

and since I did the same to DrewVa with "If", I found an interesting semantic issue with this post.

the

But before we roll down the semantics road again, I know I know. But these things play important roles for myself and my reads during the first couple of days.
I don't want to go over the top with it. I've used terms like "us townies" in the last and got no praise for it. Why should it be different because I don't specifically claim town every time I mention the group of us as a whole?
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 am

Your argument is nitpicky and annoying.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:47 am

Post by Thanos »

VOTE: end the day

Cute.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 am

Post by Thanos »

In post 1431, DrewVa wrote:Aiuro is just naturly scummy.
Thanks for that. It's expected that my playstyle would be found scummy at least on a tonal basis, but I'm currently focusing more on the scumhunting part of it than looking like how town is expected to look.

Is there anything my slot has done so far that you read as more scum motivated than town motivated, or anti-town?

~A
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:11 am

Post by profii »

In post 1431, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1397, RCEnigma wrote:Don't know if confessionals are quotable but I've been using mine to gather my thoughts and the lurkers was one of them. The chance scum is in there is pretty good but being so close to the holidays it's not going to be my day 1 push. After the holidays is another story. Ramcius is leaning town, I don't know how aggressive he is as scum though. Thanos is on the scummy side of null.
Aiuro is just naturly scummy. :P
How much have you played together because it’s feally bugging me ha
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:49 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 1435, The Last Knight wrote:Your argument is nitpicky and annoying.
But does that make it untrue?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:09 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1424, profii wrote:It’s like when you say “I’m voting you to pressure you into doing something” - by saying that it loses its effect

I believe by saying “I’m gonna plump for a lurker” means if you try and threaten someone - again you lose the effect
Not necessarily, often it's obvious what you're doing anyway, but threats on a lurker are still threats and might scare them into contributing more.

I say might because especially with the holidays coming a lot of lurkers aren't going to be lurking for game-related reasons.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:10 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1430, BrightEyedFish wrote:
the
town.

the

oh my god please just stop.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:55 am

Post by profii »

In post 1440, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1424, profii wrote:It’s like when you say “I’m voting you to pressure you into doing something” - by saying that it loses its effect

I believe by saying “I’m gonna plump for a lurker” means if you try and threaten someone - again you lose the effect
Not necessarily, often it's obvious what you're doing anyway, but threats on a lurker are still threats and might scare them into contributing more.

I say might because especially with the holidays coming a lot of lurkers aren't going to be lurking for game-related reasons.
Yeah Xmas is an exceptional time

I think there’s a subtle way of doing it I guess - to be fair I’m not very good at it

I think I’d like to see the day finish before Xmas , we get to see some votes and such, those who like to read up get a nice bit of time to do so and come back to us with some analysis based on something a little more concrete than we have now

But I’ve no idea if that’s realistic :lol:
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1428, Ramcius wrote:VOTE: Gamma

There is one thing that i didn't revealed yet about his rambling - RFB Rematch. He was townreading me in that game, i still remember how Gork was asking him about it, when Gork was pushing for my lynch D2, so how Gamma decided he can't read me after a game, where he was correct on my slot all time? Especially, when that game wasn't something you should base your reads off. 32p very large game, I get pissed off mid D1 and I stopped reading thread after no one cared about my pushes, yet he think he can't read me anymore. But we are here, he votes me, says I have some secret agenda (guess i'm jester and want get lynched D1 with my pushes).

we scum read gamma for the same reasons, yet you consider me a SR?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1443, Alonzo wrote:

I will explain 1 more time, especially for you - I haven't seen anything from you to make an actual read, so you are null in my book
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1436, Thanos wrote:VOTE: end the day

Cute.
Will you stop freaking doing that?

You don’t get a vote in that. :facepalm:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:57 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1437, Thanos wrote:
In post 1431, DrewVa wrote:Aiuro is just naturly scummy.
Thanks for that. It's expected that my playstyle would be found scummy at least on a tonal basis, but I'm currently focusing more on the scumhunting part of it than looking like how town is expected to look.

Is there anything my slot has done so far that you read as more scum motivated than town motivated, or anti-town?

~A
I dunno, your partner accusing us of scumreading “everyone”.

And you assuming we’re being scummy, rather than just wrong.

Also, you could be seen as being possibly lamist or tryharding?

At any rate, if you don’t get your partner to stop voting to “end the day”, I’m seriously considering policy lynching you, and this is coming from someone who is opposed to them on principle.

Lamees can’t vote for that, so please make her stop. It’s hella annoying.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LOL you weren’t even in that game you slimeball
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

VOTE: Alonzo
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Alonzo »

In post 1447, Gamma Emerald wrote:

LOL you weren’t even in that game you slimeball
did I say I was?

we have been playing together across multiple games for the last couple of months, across which I have had to read you many times and either after or during each of those games we have discussed why i read you the way I did, so for you to fake an AtE and act like you have no idea how I play or form reads is laughable here..

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”