Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4547, Cerberus v666 wrote:Alright, now that I'm done telling you how bad you are, if you still want to talk to me and ask for constructive criticism, I can tell you all the reasons why in this game in particular there was a shitload more to discuss than you bothered spending time on. ^^

pedit: ALSO RIGHT PEOPLE SOMEONE CLAIMING A SINGLE SHOT COP CAN BE FUCKING BUSSING HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW DID NOBODY EVEN CONSIDER THAT???

ppedit: honestly, though, Varsoon, I don't think dva/nancy actually get it, since whichever one responded to me last chose to attack my play rather than defending theirs, indicating to me that they don't actually understand what they did wrong.
I don’t get lynched, though, anyways. I just update my claim. :lol:

If you’d have been there, and tried that, I’d just have gotten you lynched/killed.

I take out threats, and play scum on the personal level rather than mechanical.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

Town loses because everyone, as a team, collectively has made enough mistakes to bring the game to a loss.
It's really easy to point and say "In this critical moment, you messed up!" but that's natural. People make mistakes.
What's important is to learn from them and grow, rather than just getting pissed off at each other.

I was sure we'd actually lose because of my own weak play among that of other members of my team.
I felt like our number was up.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Cerb: When people feel personally attacked, it makes it hard for them to differentiate between criticism and hate.
Trust me, I've literally been on both sides of this situation way more times in this last month than I am comfortable to admit and bans have been issued over how out of hand it's gotten.
Just chill it.
Be cool.
That goes for you, too, Nancy. It'll be alright. Cerb's frustrated with the loss. It's natural that the first thing he'd criticize is the last critical mistake town made.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Almost - get them PT’s out, haha.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:20 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4544, Varsoon wrote:Cool your jets, Cerb, it's all G.
I think they get it.
No use being aggro now, it's over.

I don't even feel like I won, tbh.

A50, please design a smaller setup (13p to 18p range or so) that's not multiball next time, <3
Fantastic job modding this one, btw. You were on top of things and the flips/flavor was neat.
I like a good deal of your formatting, too.
It’s worse than that. Of all the players in the entire game, no town player played worse than Cerb. So, he is absolutely the very last player in the game, to be in a position to judge ANYBODY.

Even in my first Mafia game ever, I played 100 times better than he did in this one. I view this as projection on his part. He wants to scapegoat me for his inexplicably horrendous play and I have 0 intention of fucking taking it from someone who is in absolutely no position to judge me here.

And without a sincere apology from him, I am never retracting this. I DGAF how frustrated he is. This is completely inexusable coming from him.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

Relax with all that, please.
Just because one player didn't do well doesn't mean they're unable to criticize someone else, y'know?
I'm not the best author in the world--I've written plenty of garbage. I make mistakes all the time. I can still point out flaws in big budget movie plots, though, y'know?

It's all fine. Don't take it so seriously. Yes, we all invested a shitload of time into the game, but I don't think anyone's play cheapens that more than being rude post-game does.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4552, Varsoon wrote:@Cerb: When people feel personally attacked, it makes it hard for them to differentiate between criticism and hate.
Trust me, I've literally been on both sides of this situation way more times in this last month than I am comfortable to admit and bans have been issued over how out of hand it's gotten.
Just chill it.
Be cool.
That goes for you, too, Nancy. It'll be alright. Cerb's frustrated with the loss. It's natural that the first thing he'd criticize is the last critical mistake town made.
I'm actually not frustrated at the loss.

Mafia's a stupid game and losses don't really matter to me. Wins are fun, and doing cool things is fun, but losses happen. *shrug*

It's the combination of their unwillingness to recognize that they made a very very poor play, and the fact that people are even capable of making plays that terrible, that's frustrating. As you said, learn from the mistake and grow....which isn't possible when people don't recognize that they made a mistake.

pedit: @Nancy: I am not going to be apologizing to you for anything I'm saying here because it's all accurate. Go read the dead thread. I'm not the only person who felt that your approach to the end game was terrible, and though having others agree with me doesn't make me right, it does mean that there's more going on here than just me "scapegoating" you. You should really take a step back and consider whether or not a rational outside observer would believe that you took a reasonable path in determining the right action to take during this day phase.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Losses...not sure if I’m familiar with the term.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Creature »

I think only scum really overreacts with my vote on them.
Sigh
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:25 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4549, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4546, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4538, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4524, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4509, Cerberus v666 wrote:Dva, you're bad, and you should feel bad.

I'll say more later, but I wanted you to know that.
Thanks, I really needed some cheering up.

This is Nancy, I haven’t spoken to DVa since Thursday.
AND THIS MAKES YOU EVEN FUCKING WORSE.

HOLY SHIT

HOW FUCKING BAD OF A HYDRA PARTNER CAN YOU BE WHO JUST VOTES FOR THE SHARED SLOT IN THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE WISHES OF THEIR OTHER HALF?

*sigh*

I was really hoping it was dva making all those posts(since they're the one who startred the day), and it wasn't Nancy incompetently showing up and just blindly fucking voting.

You somehow managed to make this already pitiful display of LYLO play even worse.

Well done.
It’s not too late for me to fucking report YOU for being the worst hypocrite in the history of Mafia. I have 100% lost complete respect for you.

Wtf did YOU do in this game huh?

Tried to mislynch town!Hebi, pushed Toog to get modkilled and there was another slot you wrongly helped get mislynched but I can’t recall it atm but if anyone has a right to be pissed, it’s Thor. You cost him the game by making him wrongly vig you.

I sincerely hope he tears you a new one for that.

Drixx was obvtown but you OTOH, was scummy as fuck, the entire game.
You're welcome to report me, I'm calling your play out as terrible, and that's all. Zero line crossing occurring here, and trust me, I'm well aware of those lines, and also aware of my bad play. Ask Amzela, she knows I feel like I had a terrible game. *shrug*

@Varsoon: See? Zero ability to acknowledge their failings.
Please stop embarrassing yourself here. Why are you persisting in making these ridiculous pathetic posts?, I’m legit starting to feel sorry for you.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Creature »

3-4 town dying every night is like near impossible to play though
Sigh
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4560, Creature wrote:3-4 town dying every night is like near impossible to play though
Eh, the game was probably pretty scum-sided overall, as multiball tends to be, but not egregiously so.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like ya'll literally know each other's alignments and what you say here is from player to player.
Switch modes and switch codes.

P-EDIT:
@Cerb: Yeah, but you gotta consider how Nancy feels and the best way to package your advice and critique. Nancy just made a mistake that cost THEIR TEAM the game. If that was me, I'd be liable to feel really awful and if someone came out ragging on me for it I'd probably take it a bit personally and try to justify my play, too.

Trust me, people failing to learn and improve really, really, really frustrates me, too, but aggro isn't the way to enact change. It just fucks things up for everyone. Please take a few breaths, step away, and think through having more repose here.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Creature »

In post 4561, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4560, Creature wrote:3-4 town dying every night is like near impossible to play though
Eh, the game was probably pretty scum-sided overall, as multiball tends to be, but not egregiously so.
Mods overestimating crosskilling are what make multiball games so bad.
Sigh
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4556, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4552, Varsoon wrote:@Cerb: When people feel personally attacked, it makes it hard for them to differentiate between criticism and hate.
Just chill it.
Be cool.

Mafia's a stupid game and losses don't really matter to me. Wins are fun, and doing cool things is fun, but losses happen. *shrug*

It's the combination of their unwillingness to recognize that they made a very very poor play, and the fact that people are even capable of making plays that terrible, that's frustrating. As you said, learn from the mistake and grow....which isn't possible when people don't recognize that they made a mistake.

pedit: @Nancy: I am not going to be apologizing to you for anything I'm saying here because it's all accurate. Go read the dead thread. I'm not the only person who felt that your approach to the end game was terrible, and though having others agree with me doesn't make me right, it does mean that there's more going on here than just me "scapegoating" you. You should really take a step back and consider whether or not a rational outside observer would believe that you took a reasonable path in determining the right action to take during this day phase.
I’m not surprised. I absolutely would in your position but then I’m not being a hypocrite who is behaving as if they misplaced their moral compass. I am sincerely disappointed in you. I way overestimated the kind of person I thought you were. :/
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Multiball is bad on all sides of the equation. It's usually so heavily prone to swing that it's baffling this game actually came down to a 3P lylo.
Nevermind how it turns scumhunting rhetoric on it's head.
Man, I hate Multiball.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4559, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4549, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4546, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4538, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4524, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4509, Cerberus v666 wrote:Dva, you're bad, and you should feel bad.

I'll say more later, but I wanted you to know that.
Thanks, I really needed some cheering up.

This is Nancy, I haven’t spoken to DVa since Thursday.
AND THIS MAKES YOU EVEN FUCKING WORSE.

HOLY SHIT

HOW FUCKING BAD OF A HYDRA PARTNER CAN YOU BE WHO JUST VOTES FOR THE SHARED SLOT IN THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE WISHES OF THEIR OTHER HALF?

*sigh*

I was really hoping it was dva making all those posts(since they're the one who startred the day), and it wasn't Nancy incompetently showing up and just blindly fucking voting.

You somehow managed to make this already pitiful display of LYLO play even worse.

Well done.
It’s not too late for me to fucking report YOU for being the worst hypocrite in the history of Mafia. I have 100% lost complete respect for you.

Wtf did YOU do in this game huh?

Tried to mislynch town!Hebi, pushed Toog to get modkilled and there was another slot you wrongly helped get mislynched but I can’t recall it atm but if anyone has a right to be pissed, it’s Thor. You cost him the game by making him wrongly vig you.

I sincerely hope he tears you a new one for that.

Drixx was obvtown but you OTOH, was scummy as fuck, the entire game.
You're welcome to report me, I'm calling your play out as terrible, and that's all. Zero line crossing occurring here, and trust me, I'm well aware of those lines, and also aware of my bad play. Ask Amzela, she knows I feel like I had a terrible game. *shrug*

@Varsoon: See? Zero ability to acknowledge their failings.
Please stop embarrassing yourself here. Why are you persisting in making these ridiculous pathetic posts?, I’m legit starting to feel sorry for you.
I'm not sure what the objective of this post was, and therefore I don't know how to respond to it. Are you attempting to make me feel like I should care if you feel sorry for me, or attempting to make me feel embarassed, or....? I really don't know what the point of these words was.

pedit: I don't have any reason, based on their play or statements made here, to think they actually care about or respect their team, other than as something they can use to justify their own failings.

I think someone should like, answer Amzela's question, since she's the only person who has posted so far who actually wants something constructive to be discussed, and I already gave her my answer!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Nancy - No one in the dead thread was actually in this game with us, and they’re looking at stuff from a different perspective.

Yes, I’m theory, waiting it out could have been better, but I didn’t let you do that.

Time and time again, I keep winning scum games like this, and people blame the person I convinced. I know how to get people to act in a way I want them to. I feel that side of playing Mafia isn’t used as much as it can be.

Mastina said something once in a dead thread along the lines of “Flavor keeps winning these games, and I don’t understand why.”

Mastina is a strong mechanical player, I very much play on a personal level rather than a mechanical, and I play into how people react in situations, I stalk, I observe the players so i can know how to get them to act accordingly.

I have NEVER been vig shot in my forum mafia lifetime when I was town. And only once when I was scum. Add that personal layer to the game, guys. It works, it really does. Haha
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Nancy: Please stop making this personal. If Cerb's posts lack morality, let them stand as a testament to that on their own, but don't get wrapped up in making value/character judgments like that, please.

Same goes to Cerb.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

Flavor, c'mon, you can tone down the bluffin'
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

I know you're on that trip but I think you got by here by the skin of your teeth
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Morality »

In post 4568, Varsoon wrote:@Nancy: Please stop making this personal. If Cerb's posts lack morality, let them stand as a testament to that on their own, but don't get wrapped up in making value/character judgments like that, please.

Same goes to Cerb.
Somebody call me?
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah man I need you in my life.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4512, Amzela wrote:360 headshot and aimed at the wrong person. Thank you for letting me play! Nepotism never really did anyone good.
I'll repeat what I told you in private: You are GOOD. You just had a tough start, and by the time you started getting over it it was a bit too late for this game.

I'd say, play in Newbie and Normal games and you will find it amazingly much more simple than this. Hydra with cerb and you will learn a whole lot. Basically you started the way I started (and Frozen Angel too, for those who know her). Both myself and FA started playing Mafia in the same game on another site/forum that isn't even a Mafia forum (and the Mafia section is currently dead there) and it was a Large non-Normal too. It had Usurper, Day Vig, JOAT, SK, Lie Detector, and all those roles that I never even figured what they were then.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4564, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4556, Cerberus v666 wrote:
Just chill it.
Be cool.

I’m not surprised. I absolutely would in your position but then I’m not being a hypocrite who is behaving as if they misplaced their moral compass. I am sincerely disappointed in you. I way overestimated the kind of person I thought you were. :/
Nancy: There is nothing wrong, or worthy of apologizing for, in me stating that you made an atrocious play, and that as a result you should reassess the way you approach LYLO. There's absolutely no difference in meaning between my prior sentence, and what I actually said, correct? That means you're asking me for an apology for the specific words I used, and I won't apologize for that because those words were honest expressions of my thoughts, using the verbiage that I felt best communicated my meaning to the person I was communicating with(you).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”